• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If both were limited to just their bow and arrows, then probably Legolas. Otherwise, Link. His other weaponry would put him far over the edge.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
This Twitter shadow banning glitch is getting ridiculous.
twitter's current changes are some of the worst I've seen implemented since my tumblr days (keep in mind tumblr's programmers were so incompetent that, when they tried to fix ads, they just made the audio for ads play without displaying them)
like, why would you even use an algorithm to solve your harassment problem? that doesn't solve any issues and it is inextricably tied so the biases of those who create it (the system shadowbans people who swear or say "queer" for some reason)
they're " so concerned" with the rampant harassment issues (because they won't get investors with it present) but don't take the effort to get actual moderation or ban the people who are actually causing the problems (i.e fascist accounts)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright, let's make this more interesting.

Link only gets his iconic weapons.

• The Master Sword
  • Hylian Shield
  • Bow and Arrows
  • Bombs
  • Boomerang
  • Hookshot

Does that change the results?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

• The Master Sword
  • Hylian Shield
  • Bow and Arrows
  • Bombs
  • Boomerang
  • Hookshot

Still gives it to Link easily. The thing is, all that applies to is his SSB version anyway, who easily beats Legolas due to various options. Also, to be fair, Hookshot and Clawshot are somewhat interchangeable at times. They do act similar, although one has a small edge over the other.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

• The Master Sword
  • Hylian Shield
  • Bow and Arrows
  • Bombs
  • Boomerang
  • Hookshot

i mean link kinda has legolas beat by a country mile legolas wast even that great outside of the movies

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, I get it

The US in Aquaman think that Black Manta is a citizen of Atlantis

So when Black Manta bombed the Atlantean embassy, the US blamed Atlantis

In reality Black Manta would be a US based terrorist attacking a foreign embassy so Atlantis SHOULD be blaming the US for the attack, not the other way around.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You all know what needs to be done

Let's get Sonic's Schoolhouse greenlit for mobile devices.

Chrono.

Okay so I played the SEGA Forever ports we got so far.

- Sonic 1 is the best one by a wide margin, but that's because it's the Christian Whitehead version.
- Phantasy Star II runs fine, but it's hell to play on mobile just because of how slow it feels and the small touch buttons.
- Comix Zone... Yeesh. I don't know what they did to this game, but it's the worst of the bunch. Really laggy, the music sounds completely garbled and the touch controls don't help it.
- Altered Beast is... Altered Beast. It wasn't great in 1988, and it's not great now.
- Kid Chameleon was alright, probably my second favorite game of this bunch. It's kinda like a better Altered Beast. Had some audio issues though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I voted Sonic's Schoolhouse

You can just tell it's quality

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I remember playing Sonic Schoolhouse at my cousin's house once. It was the most beautiful jank I have ever experienced.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
SEGA Forever is cool and all

...but I'm still waiting for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection to get added to Xbox One's backwards compatibility list.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Ah Sonic's Schoolhouse, the same game that brought us these.

Hope you all get a good night's sleep.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Ah Sonic's Schoolhouse, the same game that brought us these.

Hope you all get a good night's sleep.
It starts fine. It's 90s 3D animation, so can't expect much. Elephant is doing basic Elephant things, the Gator is nodding it's head. And then the Bull... and it just gets worse from there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So apparently a song from Sonic Forces got leaked. Spoilering just in case it's real.

It's for Modern Sonic's version of a stage called "Last Haven".

Judging by the name of the stage and the tone of the song, if this is real, it's probably music for the game's hub world. "Last Haven" would be an incredibly fitting hub world name given the context of this game.

I saw this the other day but didn't post it because I wanted to see if it would be proven as a fake or just a fan-made tribute. However, nothing has come out to disprove it and the uploader claims it's real, while also being scarce on details about the song's context.

As for the song itself, I really like it. It has that "slightly somber but upbeat and hopeful" feel to it, perfectly fitting for a "Last Haven". And the instrumentation and pacing of the song just SCREAMS Tomoya Ohtani, who is the game's composer. It's so on point that it's difficult to think it could be fake, I definitely don't think it could be fan-made, as it sounds like it was played at an actual studio. The only possibility for it being fake is if it was pulled from an obscure anime OST or something and the uploader is just taking advantage of the lack of recognisability.

In any case, I hope it's real, because this is an amazing track.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
So I was at Toomanygames today

Got to meet James Rolfe and Caddicarus, they were both super nice (Surprisingly it didn't really cost anything for his autograph or a picture), and I got to play some neat in-progress Indie Games, so that was fun. Just a great day overall

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Really? Why?
Not confirmed, but the fact that Sonic Schoolhouse of all things is being considered for SEGA Forever, while Knuckles Chaotix, a game that, while may not be very good, is something I'm sure a lot of fans would like to try out, hasn't, is just humorous to me.

Got to meet James Rolfe and Caddicarus, they were both super nice (Surprisingly it didn't really cost anything for his autograph or a picture), and I got to play some neat in-progress Indie Games, so that was fun. Just a great day overall
TooManyGames is something I would love to go to one day.

SomeCallMeJohnny and his friends at Brainscratch and FTCR go there about every year. Would love to meet them one day.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Not confirmed, but the fact that Sonic Schoolhouse of all things is being considered for SEGA Forever, while Knuckles Chaotix, a game that, while may not be very good, is something I'm sure a lot of fans would like to try out, hasn't, is just humorous to me.

TooManyGames is something I would love to go to one day.

SomeCallMeJohnny and his friends at Brainscratch and FTCR go there about every year. Would love to meet them one day.
You'd think they'd finally rerelrease the damn thing already.
Are 32X games not being considered?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Did you see the Cream the Rabbit RPer tho?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Did you see the Cream the Rabbit RPer tho?

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Oh **** I don't think I was at that panel...I kinda wish I was XD

Though I did see someone cosplaying as Cool Guy from Cool Guy Has Chill Day and that was pretty hilarious

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The guy who uploaded that other Sonic Forces song also has another alleged one on his channel.

This one is an Invincibility theme for Classic Sonic.

Much like the last one, sounds pretty legit. Seems like if these are real, they're leaks from the actual OST (they're probably gonna release one) and not game rips.

Chrono.

The guy who uploaded that other Sonic Forces song also has another alleged one on his channel.

This one is an Invincibility theme for Classic Sonic.

Much like the last one, sounds pretty legit. Seems like if these are real, they're leaks from the actual OST (they're probably gonna release one) and not game rips.

Boy if it's real, fam better release the Modern version of Park Avenue right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom