• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I missed Ubisoft and Bethesda's press conferences, as well as the one for PC gaming in general. So far, I think the main things that I'm interested in are Beyond Good and Evil 2 (though from the looks of it, they only showed concept art), Wolfenstein (hope the new game has the same sort of run-and-gun gameplay as Doom (2016)), and Spider-Man (not enough to sell me on a PS4, but I'm glad to see more developers making Arkham-style superhero games).

Nothing from Microsoft really grabbed me - the Sea of Thieves trailer had solid narration, but the gameplay looked like all of the fun of sailing in Wind Waker, with none of the story to move things along.

Won't be able to watch Nintendo's conference live due to work, but hopefully there's something exciting.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kind of a weak Sony E3 IMO. But hey, at least three good things for me.

Doctor Strange reconfirmed for Infinite, god damn Spider-Man, and a new N. Sane Trilogy trailer.

And Detroit's pretty neat too, but that's not new.

Edit: Oh and console Undertale.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well that was pretty all right. Solid B.
Came in, showed some games, and then left. All they needed to do and I don't mind that.

Now to see Nintendo.
Who have an entire day to themselves in terms of presentations.
Oh dear God.

Chrono.

So the DLC characters for MvCI as far as we know are:
- Zero (speculated)
- Black Panther (leaked and confirmed)
- Venom (leaked)
- Sigma (confirmed)
- ???
- ???

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Standalone SOTC trailer. Other than Spiderman, this was the game I'm most attached to from the Sony presser.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
2017, the year where I can say that I enjoyed Ubisoft's E3 conference more than Sony's.
I hate to admit it, but I agree with that.

This was very disappointing, considering Sony usually knocks it out of the park.

Spider-Man looks great (at least it ended on a high note) and Dad of War seems interesting, but nothing else really stuck out. A lot of the games really blended in with one another.

If I were to rank the ones I've seen so far.

Sony<Ubisoft<Microsoft.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hold the **** up.

Now hold the **** up.

Did Sony reveal more new games in the Pre-Show then their actual press conference?

D

Deleted member

That was... a really bad conference
I can't believe we live in a world where Ubisoft had the best presentation, because I don't trust Nintendo enough to pull a good one, especially when their trump card was announced before E3(!!!)

D

Deleted member

The Spider-Man trailer looked solid, but the conference overall was okay at best.

And I saw Zero and Grandmaster Meio in that MvCI trailer, Capcom! ...They're going to be DLC, aren't they?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Have you seen this game?

If so, please contact Square Enix as soon as possible
What's actually happening is that Nomura's running around naked in the SE building throwing zippers and belts at everything
So the DLC characters for MvCI as far as we know are:
- Zero (speculated)
- Black Panther (leaked and confirmed)
- Venom (leaked)
- Sigma (confirmed)
- ???
- ???
Grandmaster Meios and Rathalos? I think I saw Rathalos in that trailer

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Of all the E3 press conferences I've seen, that was certainly one of them.
You don't say...

----

Ok so I missed the first bit of the sony conference...but some thoughts on what I saw...

God of War still looking epic....Frikking Jormungandr shows up and is like "PLEH!!....this your's?"

Shadow of the Colossus, reminding me that I really should play the game at some point...because **** me that looks amazing...

Moss looked like a glorified escourt mission....

Spiderman game looked pretty decent...

Nothing really caught me as much as Microsoft's conference however...Haven't seen Ubisoft's conference due to work but Mario+Rabbids and Beyond Good and Evil 2 were more exciting pieces of news than what I saw for Sony...Still leagues better than Bethesda...

Nintendo really has the opportunity to really flatten the competition this year however...which now makes me think they'll drop the ball but we'll see...

Chrono.

What's actually happening is that Nomura's running around naked in the SE building throwing zippers and belts at everything

Grandmaster Meios and Rathalos? I think I saw Rathalos in that trailer
I missed the Strider character, not sure about Rathalos since he'd have to be a giant character and afaik we don't got one for Marvel.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
So I've taken a break from Hyrule Warriors to finally get around to trying this Earthbound game all of the cool kids have been talking about. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe I just didn't notice, but I didn't see Ant-Man in the trailer.

On one hand, I'm hoping he's still in the game. On the other hand, maybe he was there the whole time, but was really tiny. :p

Burruni

Smash Hero
I liked Sony's conference a lot more.
At least it didn't spring up a crossover including one of my most hated characters in gaming.
Or spit in my mouth with a prequel that's trying too hard to be cool after 10-ish years of waiting for a cliffhanger to be resolved.
Showed a lot of games.
Has something out NOW to test with.
Closed strong.
And made VR almost look apetizing.
Solid 6/10.

Microsoft a 4
Bethesda a 2.
Ubisoft a 2.
Devolver a Meme/10.
EA a solid like 3 for battlefront 2 alone.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I heard American Kaiju and Fin Fang Foom, but we need ****ing Leopardon if Marvel's getting a giant character
Actually, now that you mention it.

Rathalos and Foom could be DLC, this would leave the Strider character out though.

The reason I say this because I'm 99% sure the pack is gonna be 3 Marvel/3 Capcom characters, and they would fit the two spaces perfectly. That said, I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I see the general consensus is that Ubisoft is somehow on top this year. Wacky.

Sony nearly put me to sleep, a bunch of uninteresting stuff and then Spiderman quick time events.

Bethesda just keeps milking Skyrim dry, but at least MS had Ori 2.

Good guy Ubisoft coming in with BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 tho.

Nintendo has to reveal Smash just to equal Ubisoft at this point for me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually, now that you mention it.

Rathalos and Foom could be DLC, this would leave the Strider character out though.

The reason I say this because I'm 99% sure the pack is gonna be 3 Marvel/3 Capcom characters, and they would fit the two spaces perfectly. That said, I wouldn't hold my breath on it.
My only complaint you mentioned is ignoring my Leopardon suggestion

Oh, and Nintendo's basically guaranteed to show Kirby and Xenoblade 2. That alone is better than this conference

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Justice for Thunder Thighs; she looks like poop.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So I thought Sony's was decent. Nothing entirely new, but there are games I do want, so I say it was decent for me. Definitely going to get Shadow of the Colossus. Very interested in the new Monster Hunter. Also, Spiderman and MvCI looked nice. Either way, there are games I want, so I say Sony did alright for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom