• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Knowing GameStop, I'm expecting to go there Friday afternoon just to see they have no more copies of Pokémon Sun and/or Moon.

Thank god there's multiple GameStops around. But knowing MY luck... Well you'll know if I got it or not.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Knowing GameStop, I'm expecting to go there Friday afternoon just to see they have no more copies of Pokémon Sun and/or Moon.

Thank god there's multiple GameStops around. But knowing MY luck... Well you'll know if I got it or not.
This is why I pre-order certain games/amiibo/etc. I find it more reliable. You don't have to pick up stuff right away, but you're guaranteed to get it no matter what. :awesome:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Last panels of chapter 84, they revive Armin and in the following chapter they go to the basement. Doesn't seem like they would be going to a jail or Trost. *shrugs* Oh well, guess it will be explained in the next chapter, along with other details about the recent revelations and such.

And yeah, Gross's sons could appear later in the story, but considering the amount of time it has passed, they'd be quite old in the series' present time, so I have doubts on whether they would become characters of any significance or if it was just a way of Gross provoking Grisha considering how much of a scumbag he was (fitting name, no?).

As for the anime, it would need more episodes to cover this arc, unless they trimmed down some stuff and, unlike the first season, made no fillers whatsoever. Judging by the series' popularity, a potential third season isn't a stretch. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
I meant Chapter 85 from earlier. That was a memory hiccup on my part.

At the part when Eren and Mikasa open the first book towards the end of the chapter 85, a brief scene shows Nile discussing with Darius Zackary, Dot Pixis, and other military officials sitting together in a Trost military office. Nile tells them Erwin Smith's theory that because humans are not able to freely leave the Walls, it should not be possible for anyone to say definitively that there are no humans alive outside of the Walls. Erwin thought that because the Walls' history books stated no other humans were alive without definitive proof, the Royal Government, the ones that published these texts, wanted to trick the inhabitants of the walls that the rest of humanity was extinct. Nile regrets ridiculing Erwin about the theory, but Pixis and Darius assure him that he can apologize to Erwin when he comes back.

That is when Pixis's assistant, Anka, interrupts the meeting to inform the military officials the Survey Corps have returned. The following panel shows everyone in Trost celebrating the Survey Corps return and the reclaiming of Wall Maria, and then we see a shot of the remaining Survey Corps members on top of Wall Rose. The next panel zooms in on Eren, Mikasa, Levi, and Hange, all four standing on the wall and looking at the people below, facing away from the reader as it then flashbacks to the four finding the picture in the book. In all, it establishes the Survey Corps' return to Trost, but we don't see them bringing Eren and Mikasa to a jail cell (we will probably learn what more about Eren and Mikasa's jail sentence in the next chapter or the one after).

But on the note about jail, I think there might be another time skip, but that depends on how long Levi and Hange plan on keeping Eren and Mikasa in those jail cells. If they both have to stay for a month (maybe even longer, maybe shorter), it could give the the Survey Corps some time to plan how will they approach their next mission. Their numbers are very small at the moment, so they'll probably have to recruit members of the Garrison if they want to build up their army quickly, not to mention they need to come up with an effective plan to deal with the Marleyans considering how technologically advanced they are compared to the walled inhabitants.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not if you never pick it up, then they have the right to give your item to someone else
Fair point. I'm just saying you don't have to super hurry, but thanks for the correction.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to. I've been basically broke up until recently.
Oh. That sucks. Maybe you could ask for it for Christmas or something? I mean, Wal-Mart/Shopko/etc. could possibly have a copy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What the hell?

Watch Dogs 2 is getting people banned from PSN because people are sharing pics of genitals which are in the game.

Ubisoft...
I imagine hey're gonna disappear next patch, lest the spectre of the dreaded AO rating descend upon it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just remember.
Someone spent hours, maybe days, making those naughty bits.
Someone was PAID to make them.
It was someone's JOB to make as convincing as possible replicas in the game's engine.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Well, the good news is that my GameStop is actually staying open for the midnight for the release.
... The bad news is that I can't go because it's a bloody school night and there is no way either of my parents would let me stay at GameStop in the middle of the night. And by the time I can get around to getting a copy, they'll likely be all gone thanks to those who were incredibly lucky/ took the major risk of pre-ordering. I'll just hope someplace still has a copy of Moon left by then.

:104:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pff, people and your midnight releases. :rolleyes: (kidding)

I just need to run a tiny update at midnight and my pre-purchase is good to go.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh. That sucks. Maybe you could ask for it for Christmas or something?
Lol yeah maybe if I were a few years younger, I'd give that a go. ;p
I mean, Wal-Mart/Shopko/etc. could possibly have a copy.
The money I have is coming from games I'm selling plus some money on a GS gift card I had from my last visit. Its not really optional unless GameStop is still doing the same cash/credit deal.
Pff, people and your midnight releases. :rolleyes: (kidding)

I just need to run a tiny update at midnight and my pre-purchase is good to go.
Hope you got a good SD card.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lol yeah maybe if I were a few years younger, I'd give that a go. ;p

The money I have is coming from games I'm selling plus some money on a GS gift card I had from my last visit. Its not really optional unless GameStop is still doing the same cash/credit deal.
Well, that sucks. >.<

Good luck, though.

And to be fair, age doesn't prevent you from getting stuff for Christmas. It's really more of how your family/friends celebrate it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno if it's because of the rain, but I could not get an internet connection ANYWHERE today.

Wow, it's a good thing I had someone to follow because I wasn't able to access my GPS

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, that sucks. >.<

Good luck, though.
Thanks. Well like I said, you'll all know if I get it or not.
And to be fair, age doesn't prevent you from getting stuff for Christmas. It's really more of how your family/friends celebrate it.
Well, my family stopped celebrating it once we all grew up, so yes, this particular case it does involve my age. Mine specifically because I'm the youngest.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thanks. Well like I said, you'll all know if I get it or not.

Well, my family stopped celebrating it once we all grew up, so yes, this particular case it does involve my age. Mine specifically because I'm the youngest.
Damn. I know we never stopped doing so. We do give less gifts to those who are older, but it also depends on some circumstances. In my case, I happen to buy a lot of what I want and open it during Christmas for fun(tons of amiibo, for instance).

Also, I'm 33. Age isn't an excuse for me. :p Anyway, if you do happen to get it, show us a picture of your team. :awesome:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Damn. I know we never stopped doing so. We do give less gifts to those who are older, but it also depends on some circumstances. In my case, I happen to buy a lot of what I want and open it during Christmas for fun(tons of amiibo, for instance).

Also, I'm 33. Age isn't an excuse for me. :p Anyway, if you do happen to get it, show us a picture of your team. :awesome:
My parents just give me and my sister Money on christmas and our birthdays lol
" Here is some money. Go buy whatever you want"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think we tried that once. I'm a person who likes getting a straight gift or a literal card with a fun saying on it. It feels more personal. Like they really went out of their way to do so. I tend to appreciate that a lot more, even if it's not an item I wanted. It's the thought that counts, you could say.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Tbh....I've always preferred that. I told my parents last christmas just give me money.
They gave m 60 bucks, a star wars tie they found at some store, and some of Pushkin's works.
Then my grandparents gave me 25 bucks. I already had the other....what, 35? in the bank. Two days later, I bought my 2ds and smash 4.

If I get money, then I can choose to get what I know I'll appreciate. After all, no one knows me better than me.
This christmas if I choose not to download Moon, I'll either use the money to get a physical copy of Moon, or add it on to the (currently very small) pile of cash I'm building up for the Switch.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think we tried that once. I'm a person who likes getting a straight gift or a literal card with a fun saying on it. It feels more personal. Like they really went out of their way to do so. I tend to appreciate that a lot more, even if it's not an item I wanted. It's the thought that counts, you could say.
Yeah, its the thought that counts, which is why they give money

they could just give me no money at all really if they wanted to

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would you pre-plan you're team? Why not just let what happens happen?
a lot of the people here have been pre planning their team

It also helps to determine which version you should be using.

Such as pokemon Sun turning out to have more pokemon I want to use on my team, with Moon only having 1 exclusive I want to use

D

Deleted member

The more I think about Oricorio, the more I can see its potential.
While it won't shine much in Singles(though Baile form can be a great Volcarona check), in Doubles, Dancer can turn it into a machine of destruction.
Pairing it up with a Pokemon like Volcarona or Lilligant that knows Quiver Dance and Fiery Dance/Petal Dance basically allows it to buff itself or attack while being invincible and act twice a turn.
The only thing holding it down is its terrible coverage and non-impressive stats but depending on how it's used, it can become a force to be reckoned with simply thanks to its Ability.

D

Deleted member

Screenshot (121).png

Screenshot (122).png
Uh oh, this is not good... Especially the bottom pic, now the memes are literally infecting my computer.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always cut off screenshots so people can't see what I have in favorites and open in other tabs

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Because he hasn't done anything that deserves my respect. I don't give respect all willy-nilly. You have to do something to earn my respect, and playing video games competitively really isn't one of them.
How about helping the community grow, being a spokesperson for the smash scene and archiving tournament footage for years? That's all pretty good in my eyes.

Besides, even if you don't "respect" him, at least avoid from being sarcastic about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom