• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
And by doing so you will cause a massive increase of Rattata population across Alola. So congrats, you will put an entire region into the hands of the rats, you maniac.

:019:
And a fine job they did amirite ;)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know that infamous "Ash in a coma" thoery? Well, the Pokémon anime team actually planned a series finale for Ash's adventure that never came to be:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5d496d/new_translation_of_takeshi_shudos_idea_for_final/

While not a coma, it's still pretty sad.
One of the comments has a point:

I am glad that this ending didn't end up being what happened. It would invalidate the entire series, knowing that it didn't really happen. It bugs me almost as much as the "Ash is in a coma" hypothesis.
One of the things that bothers me the most out of all the plot explanations I see is whenever "it's not real" is the given explanation. It bothers me with Smash Bros, it bothers me with Mario, and it would sure as heck bother me here.

On the bright side, the interview that implied which system the next Pokemon is on is still up in the air also implies that the anime team and the game team don't have too horribly much to do with each other, since it was said that Pokemon saying their names was the anime team's thing so they didn't really have an explanation. Still though, I really wouldn't be OK with this no matter how it happened.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hold on, so Ash wasn't in a coma but instead he's an old man with Alzheimer's?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All the consistencies in the anime are explained by it all being memories of Ash on his death bed with Alzheimer's

Although I personally would have remembered myself getting all the girls

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Wait a minute

Maybe Brock IS a god

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This'll be my last bit of evidence on the subject

Who else could turn a Frying Pan into a drying pan

Or make Jelly Donuts with Rice and Seaweed

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyone want to help me evolve my Spritzee? Aromatisse is the last non-legendary Pokémon I need for Dex completion, with most of the remaining legendaries being on my Y version, :p

I have the Sachet ready, so it's just a quick trade and trade back if anyone wants to send over a trade-evolving Pokémon.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well to be fair if you used a strong enough move against a weak enough Pokemon, it'll still wreck it big time NFE or not. If it's not at full HP, you can still kiss it goodbye in many situations.

But yeah, with this revelation it shows exactly how much the writers cared about creating a realistic Pokemon world at that point in the anime. :/

. . .And with it going on this many episodes with the same protagonist, there's now a completely different reason for them to not care. But at least there aren't blatant typing mistakes now that the presumably new writers are making a presumably slightly more validated universe. And now the anime is even foreshadowing things that they're presumably getting handed out of the Pokemon universe bible while the games are getting anime handout Pokemon, which is. . .interesting, I guess.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I recall at the beginning of the first movie Pikachu knocked out three pokemon in one shot with it's thunderbolt...
:127::049: and...:076:

Yeah anime logic...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Admit it, that was and still is one of the coolest moments in the anime. Broke through Light Screen too.
Something to note; That Swellow was at least known to not just have Guts, but not even Pikachu could faint it back when it was a Taillow. That why the idea of the Thunder Armor even worked.

It was a poor idea, though.

Also, it really doesn't matter whether you "respect" someone or not. You are still required by this forum rules to treat them with respect as they're a member of this community. You don't have a right to talk to them in a poor manner. One and only Warning about this. If you don't have anything nice to say to them, don't say anything at all. You don't have to engage with them either. Throw them on the Ignore List if you cannot control yourself enough to post reasonably under the Forum Rules.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well it is an anime, Anime doesn't have to follow logic lol
True.

Although looking at it, there is logic in this case. Swellow practically just can't be beat by an electric move. It has extreme willpower. I'm more saying that the idea this should work is dumb. There's nothing in the games to suggest it'd make sense. The anime logic has to have you assume stuff like this would be remotely possible, but it is not in the games. Best one could say is that it's a hacked Pokemon that will always be brought down to 1 HP by an Electric move and knows Motor Drive.

It'd be neat if it did get an Ability based upon this, though. Something akin to Motor Drive. It would survive one Electric move, and essentially gain some stages of Stats in return. Of course, probably would be in Ubers or just be an Event Pokemon banned in proper tourney play, but that'd require testing.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
True.

Although looking at it, there is logic in this case. Swellow practically just can't be beat by an electric move. It has extreme willpower. I'm more saying that the idea this should work is dumb. There's nothing in the games to suggest it'd make sense. The anime logic has to have you assume stuff like this would be remotely possible, but it is not in the games. Best one could say is that it's a hacked Pokemon that will always be brought down to 1 HP by an Electric move and knows Motor Drive.

It'd be neat if it did get an Ability based upon this, though. Something akin to Motor Drive. It would survive one Electric move, and essentially gain some stages of Stats in return. Of course, probably would be in Ubers or just be an Event Pokemon banned in proper tourney play, but that'd require testing.
Keep in mind:
This is from the same part of the anime that had a 6-on-6 battle between two experienced trainers with incredibly strong pokemon in the Hoenn LEAGUE......end with Meowth vs Pikachu. In the Hoenn LEAGUE (Inb4 it was a super good meowth).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Keep in mind:
This is from the same part of the anime that had a 6-on-6 battle between two experienced trainers with incredibly strong pokemon in the Hoenn LEAGUE......end with Meowth vs Pikachu. In the Hoenn LEAGUE (Inb4 it was a super good meowth).
Signature Pokemon being high level is fair. It was kind of neat to see a properly trained Meowth.

Team Rocket's Meowth has proven that with proper training, one can be truly badass. And he still has his moments. Pikachu's Thunderbolt can barely knock him out, just explode the area around him to be sent flying. I gotta give props to them. They can be beaten, but not obliterated, if you will(despite the anime mentioning death even in the dub, there's nothing to suggest it could happen to TR, so...).

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Signature Pokemon being high level is fair. It was kind of neat to see a properly trained Meowth.

Team Rocket's Meowth has proven that with proper training, one can be truly badass. And he still has his moments. Pikachu's Thunderbolt can barely knock him out, just explode the area around him to be sent flying. I gotta give props to them. They can be beaten, but not obliterated, if you will(despite the anime mentioning death even in the dub, there's nothing to suggest it could happen to TR, so...).
That's true, the idea of a match coming down to signature pokemon, and those two being a pikachu and a meowth, amuses me.
That is one of the many great things about Team Rocket. They don't die or bleed, just occasionally faint, get affected by things like dizzy punch and ember, get zapped a bunch, and are always blasting off agaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnnn (WOBUFFET!)
Which kinda made me sad when in the BW anime they started actually being respectable and not blasting off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom