• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's something to discuss...

If the price rumor of 250 bucks is true...

Does that mean the Switch won't have power?

Chrono.

Skyrim being a launch title for a Nintendo system with mod support sounds like the kind of **** you'd hear on a 4chan fake leak.

That being said, I hope there's also some Switch exclusive stuff (beyond Mario and Splatoon).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If it's Skyrim Remastered, I agree.

If it's just regular old Skyrim.

I worry.
I want to know which one it is as well. I do think it's going to feel a bit underpowered, but to be fair, it also was going to be less powerful than Microsoft/Sony's systems, since Nintendo is trying to make the price cheaper and not be all about "specs".

The battery life being declared 3 hours feels a bit weak, especially since the battery life of the Wii U and New 3DS are overall better(or at least the latter is. I forget the amount of the former, but it still has extremely good battery life, considering it still is going to be near a TV).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
tbh Zelda not being a launch title isn't bad, as long as it comes out after say, 6 months tops
I want to know which one it is as well. I do think it's going to feel a bit underpowered, but to be fair, it also was going to be less powerful than Microsoft/Sony's systems, since Nintendo is trying to make the price cheaper and not be all about "specs".

The battery life being declared 3 hours feels a bit weak, especially since the battery life of the Wii U and New 3DS are overall better(or at least the latter is. I forget the amount of the former, but it still has extremely good battery life, considering it still is going to be near a TV).
The dock is the charger which enhances performance too, soo it will never need charging on the big screen

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
tbh Zelda not being a launch title isn't bad, as long as it comes out after say, 6 months tops
Agreed. I don't want to wait that long for a port. Wii U owners will already have it, and those who want the Switch version shouldn't have to wait too long. It not being a launch title is kind of odd, but they haven't given many details on the Switch development other than both games being identical(bar obvious graphical enhancements, like when the system is docked).

The dock is the charger which enhances performance too, soo it will never need charging on the big screen
Right, but I'm talking about playing it as the large controller without being plugged in. There's no question it'll look far better when docked. XD

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1315410
Mario and Skyrim at Switch launch with Splatoon pack
>64 Style Mario game, Skyrim SE with mod support coming later and Splatoon w/ new content.

>All at launch.

This ain't no Xenoverse 2 or Tekken 7, but I'd be lying if I said Nintendo hasn't sold me on this already. Seriosuly though, where the Smash info at?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I understand that.

But I want it to be powerful enough to get the third party titles. I'm not asking for a powerhouse. I just want third party games on a Nintendo system.

3 hours can work as long as we can put it in some sort of sleep mode.

The dock is the charger which enhances performance too
I'm fairly certain this is wrong.

Charger can't give it more power.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Hope there's other bundle deals. Not getting Splatoon again.

lol SunMoon has an exploit for a new item
You're only allowed 1 BBall at a time. Looker gives them to you, buuuuut if you give the pokemon BBalls as held items, Looker will give you another as he only checks your bag
Guess he's not much of a Looker then if he only checks your bag.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I understand that.

But I want it to be powerful enough to get the third party titles. I'm not asking for a powerhouse. I just want third party games on a Nintendo system.

I'm fairly certain this is wrong.

Charger can't give it more power.
And I'm fairly certain we haven't had a hybrid system before, playing on the big screen looks nicer due to the dock powering it up according to LauraK iirc

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And I'm fairly certain we haven't had a hybrid system before, playing on the big screen looks nicer due to the dock powering it up according to LauraK iirc
But that doesn't make sense.

For example, if you take the Switch out of the dock and it was using that power to process something, you could easily damage machinery.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I understand that.

Same. My hopes aren't high for that, though.

They ever do that before? I mean, handhelds like the DS due to the flip screen option, but I don't think you could put the Tablet in sleep mode. It'd be a great option and I hope they implement it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Some gameplay videos of the new LEGO Dimensions characters have come up from people who got the figures early. So we've got more detailed info on how Sonic works. Turns out the new levels aren't available just yet though.

-Sonic more or less controls pretty similarly to how he does in the Sonic Adventure games. He doesn't have a special toggle for running fast, he simply starts off at a jog and then gradually gains speed from there. He runs really fast in Adventure Worlds in particular. Like all other characters though, Sonic runs a little slower in Story Mode levels and in the Vorton Hub, but he still runs much faster than any other character even there. Though Sonic's own level might be an exception to this rule.

-Sonic does seem to have especially programmed physics properties that allow him to do things like running on walls and ceilings. While the only world/level that is designed to use this properly and take advantage of it is the Sonic content, he can still do it elsewhere if you know how to manipulate the game, which leads to some pretty funny, and janky situations like this.

-They never mentioned this in any PR material or in-game material, but Sonic does have a neat special move. If you hold the attack button, he will charge up a wind up punch (similar to his Side Smash in Smash Bros). While he's in this animation, a target reticle appears, similar to if you are aiming a projectile weapon with other characters. When you let go of the button, Sonic will dash towards all of the targeted objects and deal a flurry of punches and kicks at blinding speed. This move is actually something the Flash could do in the DC Comics LEGO games.

-Sonic has a special line of dialogue that he can say if Marceline from Adventure Time is in your party that I thought was pretty cute.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Some gameplay videos of the new LEGO Dimensions characters have come up from people who got the figures early. So we've got more detailed info on how Sonic works. Turns out the new levels aren't available just yet though.

-Sonic more or less controls pretty similarly to how he does in the Sonic Adventure games. He doesn't have a special toggle for running fast, he simply starts off at a jog and then gradually gains speed from there. He runs really fast in Adventure Worlds in particular. Like all other characters though, Sonic runs a little slower in Story Mode levels and in the Vorton Hub, but he still runs much faster than any other character even there. Though Sonic's own level might be an exception to this rule.

-Sonic does seem to have especially programmed physics properties that allow him to do things like running on walls and ceilings. While the only world/level that is designed to use this properly and take advantage of it is the Sonic content, he can still do it elsewhere if you know how to manipulate the game, which leads to some pretty funny, and janky situations like this.

-They never mentioned this in any PR material or in-game material, but Sonic does have a neat special move. If you hold the attack button, he will charge up a wind up punch (similar to his Side Smash in Smash Bros). While he's in this animation, a target reticle appears, similar to if you are aiming a projectile weapon with other characters. When you let go of the button, Sonic will dash towards all of the targeted objects and deal a flurry of punches and kicks at blinding speed. This move is actually something the Flash could do in the DC Comics LEGO games.

-Sonic has a special line of dialogue that he can say if Marceline from Adventure Time is in your party that I thought was pretty cute.

Is Lego Dimensions a Skylanders type thing with the toys?

It looks really good either way, but I'm not ready for that investment atm.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
lol SunMoon has an exploit for a new item
You're only allowed 1 BBall at a time. Looker gives them to you, buuuuut if you give the pokemon BBalls as held items, Looker will give you another as he only checks your bag
Well that's good because I'm gonna need more then ****ing one, GameFreak.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is Lego Dimensions a Skylanders type thing with the toys?

It looks really good either way, but I'm not ready for that investment atm.
Yeah but it works a bit differently than Skylanders.

Skylanders more involves upgrading characters and as well as this, they've made it way more complex and there's all these different kinds of toys you need to get depending on the game, like Trap Crystals, vehicles, and the stuff for creating an Imaginator in the new game. And you generally only get one thing with each purchase.

LEGO Dimensions is much simpler, and the content you get is much more substantial. Packs are split up as follows:

Fun Packs: One character and one vehicle/item
Team Packs: Two characters and two vehicles/items
Level Packs: One character and two vehicles/items. The character also grants access to one new story mode level that they star in.
Story Packs: One character and one vehicle/item. You also get special themed LEGO pieces for the Toy Pad portal, and six Story Mode levels starring the character in question. In addition, the one character you get in a Story Pack can be swapped out for another character with the same abilities. For example, in the Ghostbusters 2016 Story Pack, the mini-figure you get is of Abby Yates, but in-game, you can play as the other members of her team using just this figure. They play identically, but have unique voice clips and such.

As well as all of that, as a standard, each franchise has an Adventure World. Getting any character will grant access to their corresponding Adventure World. Year 2 Packs also all have an associated Battle Arena.

It's also worth noting that each vehicle/item actually has 2 forms they can be rebuilt into besides the default form. Each form for the vehicles also has multiple upgrades.

Standard prices are €14.99 for Fun Packs, €39.99 for Level and Team Packs, and €49.99 for Story Packs. While those prices are expensive (though I personally feel Fun Packs are totally reasonable if you don't already have a character from that franchise), LEGO Dimensions products frequently go on sale for much cheaper. Black Friday is coming up right now, so loads of packs, and even the Starter Pack, can be found quite cheap.

If you want to play it, I'd recommend trying to at least get the Starter Pack on Black Friday.

Oh, and as well as the in-game functionality, LEGO Dimensions products are made from real LEGO, and you have to build them. And they can be integrated with other, normal LEGO sets.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
@LexSpec

Just finished watching X-Men Apocalypse. Not impressed, lol. It really was everywhere like you said it was. The Nightcrawler scenes kinda delivered on what I was hoping for, but that second fight with (Arch)Angel was a little bit of a letdown (though I will say that it captured the vertigo and physics-bending of teleportation immaculately).

I definitely had more than my fair share of nerd moments with the in-jokes and fanservice while watching it, so I guess it wasn't a complete waste.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If the recent rumor is true, BoTW is getting delayed again?

*Sigh*

Oh well. At least that gives more time to budget in that new Splatoon and Mario.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Actually, no. Nintendo NEVER said other than 2017, the only reason it's 'delayed' is because stores said March and the Switch being March
Ah, my bad.

I'm a victim of bad reporting!
/s

Good.

I hope Smash Switch does the same thing.
I imagine that this would be good for the competitive scene. Bringing your own setup will be easier than ever.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
As someone who always complained that the other chosen children never got to Ultimate level, this was satisfying to watch.

I know they get there in tri. but I don't like the evolution sequences there nearly as much. :p
Man.
I feel bad for Lilymon. Gets sloppy seconds from Lilamon for her mega.
Hell, I'd prefer if they from the get go let Rosemon be Palmon's Mega and give Lotusmon for the sister species.
Also once again I get thrown off forgetting that Gatomon's a champion; not a rookie.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
But that doesn't make sense.

For example, if you take the Switch out of the dock and it was using that power to process something, you could easily damage machinery.
It wouldn't literally give it more processing power. The most likely explanation is that the dock has a cooling fan, which would allow the processor to work harder (thus building up more heat; without the cooling fan, using its full power in handheld mode would cause it to overheat).

Chrono.

Man.
I feel bad for Lilymon. Gets sloppy seconds from Lilamon for her mega.
Hell, I'd prefer if they from the get go let Rosemon be Palmon's Mega and give Lotusmon for the sister species.
Also once again I get thrown off forgetting that Gatomon's a champion; not a rookie.
Everyone forgets Gatomon is Champion. :p

But yeah, I would've preferred Lotusmon too, or at least some sort of color variation (God knows how many of those we have already).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Jesus. Komola has a higher BST than Breloom, Skarmory, Forretress, and Crawdaunt. AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 are koalas usually this dangerous?
They are mostly peaceful herbivores in the wild and slightly docile. But it's only when they are threatened when koalas are forced to use their claws or even their teeth.

Chrono.

Hey, Miyamoto just turned 64 today.
We may not agree with a lot of his design choices, but there's no doubt the man is very important to the industry.

Also the N64 jokes just kinda write themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom