• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Today is Waluigi's birthday (unofficially, as it's the anniversary of Mario Tennis 64 being released in Japan).

Happy bday!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Happy birthday, everyone's (second) favourite purple meme character.

The first is obviously Big the Cat.

So what was the hardest boss fight you ever had in any video game
I have several: Sephiroth and Kurt Zisa in Kingdom Hearts, Princess Shroob(s) in Partners in Time, Dark Bowser in Bowser's Inside Story (I haven't even got to Star Core because I never succeed on that damn inhaling), Primal Dialga in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (my player and partner were Munchlax and Turtwig, which made it even harder), Mount Pajamaja in Dream Team and Shadow Queen in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year-Door.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Ah, name changes are fun.

Mind you, after watching so many music videos, one easily remembers how awesome Shadow's soundtrack is.

To note, I was previously HyperFalcon and others. I don't feel like asking anyone to guess. XD
I found you faker.
Eh, I'm actually not that fond of Shadow's soundtrack. It's not a bad one, just not one I can really care for much. Lost Impact is glorious though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/755931229485015040

You MANIACS! Damn it! The 3 damn stages I didn't want in! :grrr:
*GrumblegrumbleKelpDomeofallthingsgrumblegrumble*
At least Moray Towers in on there so it kinda makes it up for me I guess.

:094:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Shadow's soundtrack wasn't that great overall, but there were a few standout tracks.

I really liked the music for the cyberspace levels, Circus Park, Lava Shelter, The Doom, and Lost Impact.

And of course, Sky Troops. Which had some pretty snazzy remixes for Sonic Melponterations.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Dr. Dreadraven from Fossil Fighters: Frontier. His difficulty wasn't even in line with the rest of the game, it was super hard out of nowhere.
*walks into conversation out of nowhere*

SECONDED.

I think my brain would have blocked it out if you hadn't brought it up, but just. . .SECONDED.
Xenoblade X's final boss is the only time I refused to play the game ever again. **** that 5 phase nonsense
Oh that one was nasty too. Dreadraven took me far, FAR more tries, but XBX was a marathon and pretty tough itself.

I would probably get used as a mop by most of the other bosses listed here, but do I get a cookie for eventually winning against these two?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*walks into conversation out of nowhere*

SECONDED.

I think my brain would have blocked it out if you hadn't brought it up, but just. . .SECONDED.

Oh that one was nasty too. Dreadraven took me far, FAR more tries, but XBX was a marathon and pretty tough itself.

I would probably get used as a mop by most of the other bosses listed here, but do I get a cookie for eventually winning against these two?
You get these

also smh some ****boi who hates hackers is whining about hyper training

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You get these

also smh some ****boi who hates hackers is whining about hyper training
Oh yay, ice cream! :D

. . .Wait, if he hates hackers then why is he complaining?

Hyper Training sounds like it'll reduce the number of hackers slightly and give legit players something resembling an actual chance.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh yay, ice cream! :D

. . .Wait, if he hates hackers then why is he complaining?

Hyper Training sounds like it'll reduce the number of hackers slightly and give legit players something resembling an actual chance.
Be grateful about ice cream, it's ****ing Supernova here in Europe
"WAH WAH THE HACKERS WON!"
He believes that if yoy have a single hacked pokemon, even fore friendly and hilarious hackmons, you should drink bleach. "nuh uh I said base liquids. Eggs are base liquids!" There's LITERALLY no reason

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Be grateful about ice cream, it's ****ing Supernova here in Europe
"WAH WAH THE HACKERS WON!"
He believes that if yoy have a single hacked pokemon, even fore friendly and hilarious hackmons, you should drink bleach. "nuh uh I said base liquids. Eggs are base liquids!" There's LITERALLY no reason
I don't see why he would think the hackers won NOW when they clearly won the instant the series had any kind of internet connectivity. So hackers didn't win with teams of full shiny perfect IV competitive Pokemon and several dozen offensively named Shiny Jirachi on the GTS, but Hyper Training is the straw that broke the camel's back?

If anything this is a workaround, the same way GSP is a workaround for leaderboard hacking.

I'm one of the types that likes to keep my game in as pure of a state as possible, but his logic is kind of baffling.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't see why he would think the hackers won NOW when they clearly won the instant the series had any kind of internet connectivity. So hackers didn't win with teams of full shiny perfect IV competitive Pokemon and several dozen offensively named Shiny Jirachi on the GTS, but Hyper Training is the straw that broke the camel's back?

If anything this is a workaround, the same was GSP is a workaround for leaderboard hacking.

I'm one of the types that likes to keep my game in as pure of a state as possible, but his logic is kind of baffling.
He's a moron who loves Keemstar and is pretty much the poketuber equivalent

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh wow, my dreams found a way to make me feel really devastated

I know most dreams make you feel stressed...but dang

Bananija

Count of Trickery
It's the time to wish a WAH-ppy birthday to Waluigi! Make sure to buy is amiibo to show him your friendship.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hard bosses? Here's a few.

-Marx Soul
-
The Sky Knights redux/Several of the final asterisk bosses.
-G-Rank Demon Ridley Crow Wolf (called more commonly), Yian Garuga

Funny thing, in the MHU4 Metriod mission, Garuga is the target.

This ugly dastard:

Garuga_Art.jpg.cf.jpg

Quick, strong, can stun you with wind/sound, poison, can spit fire, the clever thing avoids pitfall traps and is unaffected by sonic bombs. It's extremely hard to fight, and I'm not looking forward to fighting it again in MHG. :glare:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hard bosses? Here's a few.

-Marx Soul
-
The Sky Knights redux/Several of the final asterisk bosses.
-G-Rank Demon Ridley Crow Wolf (called more commonly), Yian Garuga

Funny thing, in the MHU4 Metriod mission, Garuga is the target.

This ugly dastard:

View attachment 112721

Quick, strong, can stun you with wind/sound, poison, can spit fire, the clever thing avoids pitfall traps and is unaffected by sonic bombs. It's extremely hard to fight, and I'm not looking forward to fighting it again in MHG. :glare:
That thing DOES kinda resemble Ridley...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Blast Ball is only a demo that ends in September

RIP

Definitely gonna give it a try though. Hoping it controls ok on a regular 3DS.
You liked Kid Icarus Uprising, right?

It should work as fine as the DS Prime spin-off.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I tried playing some "Unfair Sonic Generations" stage mods today.

I was doing Seaside Hill and it was fun.

But I got to a section where the game made me stuck forever so I had to restart.

However, I had no lives so I couldn't restart. So I exited the stage.

For some dumb reason, the modder put the spawn point from Seaside Hill on a kill plane (likely as part of the joke of the level). This killed me instantly and gave me a game over as soon as I exited the stage, but there isn't any programming for the Game Over screen in the hub world since it's normally impossible to lose a life there. Instead, it boots you back to the Title Screen.

However, the game saved when I lost that last life, so now, whenever I select Continue, it boots me back to the Title Screen because it can't load a save with no lives. So my save file is now broken. Tried placing my backup of it in but it doesn't seem to be working.

I really wish modders were more careful when modding the hub world in Generations, it should always be impossible to die, with spawn points in a safe place. Because if you have no lives left and die, this happens.

Fed Force is 100% balanced around 4 people playing. So single player is exactly the same enemy health and damage as having a full team. ****.

Sucks for me for sure since im mostly a solo gamer and that probably would end up with a lot of boring bullet sponges..

EDIT i could have sworn the censor covered that before. .

You liked Kid Icarus Uprising, right?
Understatement of the day :p

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Fed Force is 100% balanced around 4 people playing. So single player is exactly the same enemy health and damage as having a full team. fuuuuuuudge

Sucks for me for sure since im mostly a solo gamer and that probably would end up with a lot of boring bullet sponges..

Understatement of the day :p
ERMAHGERD CENSOR DODGE
It's supposed to be a multiplayer experience but that's ****ing wrong

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Definitely gonna give it a try though. Hoping it controls ok on a regular 3DS.
It controls quite well on an OG 3DS imho.

It takes a steaming dump on Hunters' control scheme, that's for sure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That thing DOES kinda resemble Ridley...
I think you neef glasses because I don't see how that thing even slightly resembles Ridley
Guess what comes back for being talked about ?

Oh boy, I can't wait to downloa--
*7th Dragon III Code VFD demo and Fates take up all my SD card*

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Whoops wrong thread, meant to post this in the Disco. Embarrass

Uh. . .Any suggestions for what I should watch on Netflix?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom