• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We just lost two families...

Because they didn't bother to look at their student packets.

The student are already in New York.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

That's messed up. How could they not miss that?

I remember watching that as a child.
Me too. Had the tapes and PS1 game.

The game was a garbage NBA Jam clone

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just discovered that in (the Steam port anyway) Sonic Adventure DX, you can push Chao Eggs with the camera.

Like the camera has some sort of physical hitbox that can push Chao Eggs around for some reason.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I caved in and bought this after seeing its clearance sale:

I don't have Mortal Kombat (or have any plans to owning one) but it's the only fight pad in existence for the Xbox One system and said system won't accept my old Xbox 360 one. Been wanting one to play Killer Instinct

Here are my notes from what I've played:
  • Don't let the picture fool you: That MK Logo & title are NOT metallic painted and less pretty in person.
  • The d-pad is much better than the normal Xbox One controller's, especially for fighting games.
  • In general, it feels responsive in all my tests.
  • The face buttons are very clicky but I haven't gotten any input problems yet.
  • Feels weird that the Menu & View buttons are on top of the controller rather than the face (their reason is to prevent accidental pressing during competitions) but nothing to get upset over.
  • It feels a odd weird that one handle is longer than the other but a minor gripe.
  • I like that it can be used for both Xbox 360 & Xbox One (and thus PC).
Overall, I feel very confident with this purchase.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Adventure 2 isn't running for me at all on Steam anymore. Keeps crashing and breaking my desktop after it gets to the Sonic Team logo.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

I feel like I've missed context behind posts like this from you. Could you fill me in?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
And then she grows up and start whipping people for no reason.
. u . And I think what she's holding in that pic of her toddler self means that she was already training for that...

Last edited:
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/m...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
We clearly talked with the team to make a game centered about Sheik, so I cannot say it is impossible to see something of the sort in the future, but in the classic games in the series, Link is the hero and that will not change. For the rest, you have to be patient and see what happens! — Shigeru Miyamoto
TLDR
If you are playing a mainline LoZ you're playing as Link and Link will be a dude and there are no alternatives

RIP

And then she grows up and start whipping people for no reason.
What do you mean" when she grows up"? She isn't already? Anime confirmd fraud

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Still want my Dorf spinoff game tho.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hi guys, I'm coming back with something I want to ask all of you, now that I have been hearing more rumors about the NX using cartridges.

Do you think the Final Fantasy VII remake could fit into an NX game cartridge in this generation?

We have heard from interviews that the remake requires more space and discs, and its an issue that we have yet seen a solution from Square as of now. Funnily enough, FF7 never made it to N64 due to cartridge space. Today, we have cartridges that can fit hundreds of GB.

Let's say the PS4/XB1 versions FF7 remake requires more discs, but the NX version requires only one cartridge? That would be a HUGE ADVANTAGE and TURNING point for the Nintendo NX, and a good reason to get the NX version over others.

I wanna make a thread in NeoGaf about this badly. Unfortunately, I still have not made it to Member Status, if anyone has member status, could you make a thread about it. I would highly appreciate it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hi guys, I'm coming back with something I want to ask all of you, now that I have been hearing more rumors about the NX using cartridges.

Do you think the Final Fantasy VII remake could fit into an NX game cartridge in this generation?

We have heard from interviews that the remake requires more space and discs, and its an issue that we have yet seen a solution from Square as of now. Funnily enough, FF7 never made it to N64 due to cartridge space. Today, we have cartridges that can fit hundreds of GB.

Let's say the PS4/XB1 versions FF7 remake requires more discs, but the NX version requires only one cartridge? That would be a HUGE ADVANTAGE and TURNING point for the Nintendo NX, and a good reason to get the NX version over others.

I wanna make a thread in NeoGaf about this badly. Unfortunately, I still have not made it to Member Status, if anyone has member status, could you make a thread about it. I would highly appreciate it.
Depends on how much data can be put on the cartridge

I wanna make a thread in NeoGaf about this badly. Unfortunately, I still have not made it to Member Status, if anyone has member status, could you make a thread about it.
Wait what?

You had like. . .a 2 month head start on me how are you not a member?

Do you have a link on FF7r needing multiple discs?

D

Deleted member

Am i the only one who finds the idea of FF7 Remake beign on a NX cartdridge hilarious? I can't be the only one.

Not because it's a bad idea, but rather because i find in funny in hindsight.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Wait what?

You had like. . .a 2 month head start on me how are you not a member?

Do you have a link on FF7r needing multiple discs?
I'm still Junior Member for whatever reason. I'm using a university school e-mail for my NeoGaf account, that may be a potential reason why I'm still not member status. Or maybe its because no moderator decided to approve me yet.

Anyway, this is the closest thing I could find:

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/...al-fantasy-vii-remake-is-a-multi-part-series/

Not necessarily relating to disc space, but it refers to how FF7 remake can't be a single release, which I'm assuming FF7 Remake is using multiple discs.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

In the PS1 days, discs stored more than cartridges, letting the PS1 to zoom ahead of the N64. This would be a rather ironic spin if this does end up being the case.

That said, I don't think the FF7 remake will require more than one disc. Blu Ray discs can store upto 100 GB (called BDXL discs), and I doubt FF7's remake will be that big.

They seem to be doing as the original FF7 needed more than one disc, as a homage.

Last edited:
I'm using a university school e-mail for my NeoGaf account, that may be a potential reason why I'm still not member status.
Nah it isn't that because I am too.

Im guessing you don't have 300 posts yet.

Honestly im just assuming it is multiple releases because it is too expensive to do one giant release. FF7 is a big game, combined with all the new stuff they are doing, and all HD and stuff is probably really expensive (in both money and time)

Im also of the opinion FF7 and 15 aren't coming to NX anyway

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not worried about cartridge space due to how much memory can be put in a micro SD card these days.

Plus I severely doubt they'll limit the game size when buying digitally just because of possible cartridge limits.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Nah it isn't that because I am too.

Im guessing you don't have 300 posts yet.

Honestly im just assuming it is multiple releases because it is too expensive to do one giant release. FF7 is a big game, combined with all the new stuff they are doing, and all HD and stuff is probably really expensive (in both money and time)

Im also of the opinion FF7 and 15 aren't coming to NX anyway
300 posts? One NeoGaf member told me I had to make 200 posts to be member status. Guess that was a lie. I'm close to 300 posts with 259, so I'm hoping you're right.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

If it can fit on a disc a cartridge won't be a problem...

This isn't the days of the N64 anymore cartridges have a heck of a lot more space within them...

Its pretty much dependant on whether Square and Nomura would be willing to put the game on the NX...It was rather curious that FFVIIR wasn't shown at Sony's e3 conference...and at this point its been over a year since the initial reveal...not to mention we have no idea what the NX has to offer...

Chrono.

I started a new file on Star Fox Adventures because I need to check if this game was as good as I remember or not.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm not worried about cartridge space due to how much memory can be put in a micro SD card these days.

Plus I severely doubt they'll limit the game size when buying digitally just because of possible cartridge limits.
But cartridges are uggggllllyyyyy [for home consoles].

:(

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Anyone know of good OST's to listen too? Xenoblade Chronicles X is really good and pretty varied.

It just doesn't get boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom