• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Games Journalism just isn't what it once was. It was always being payed off by the game companies for sure but they only insulted gamers if they bought the other console in the great SNES/Genisis war, not for, shock and horror, enjoying games.

I suspect several of them had no major interest in games and only took the job as it was the only one they could get, only to realise they're entering a dying industry.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
That's what they DID. Now they're asking for donations
When you have a website make content like that, why would they ask for donations later? It seems utterly hopeless to try this method at this point in time, but if they want to try and beg, then that's their choice.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is it bad? I figured they were chill. I've never been there.
It may have improved by now, but no, it was awful. The section was full of elitists who were incredibly judgmental. You see, because they were always the game with the least modern relevance, it created a sort of toxic superiority culture. Things like devaluing a person because "they have too many mains in their postbit" or "probably weren't born when the game came out." When a new person came asking for advice, they'd troll and flame them to hell. Image spam and censor dodges out the ass, too.

They were awful. I imagine it might have turned around now that the section has a more dedicated mod staff, but still. Plz no.

Chrono.

I feel this is at least the 4th time I hear horror stories about the 64 section of the site.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It may have improved by now, but no, it was awful. The section was full of elitists who were incredibly judgmental. You see, because they were always the game with the least modern relevance, it created a sort of toxic superiority culture. Things like devaluing a person because "they have too many mains in their postbit" or "probably weren't born when the game came out." When a new person came asking for advice, they'd troll and flame them to hell. Image spam and censor dodges out the ***, too.

They were awful. I imagine it might have turned around now that the section has a more dedicated mod staff, but still. Plz no.
Holy **** this sounds ****ing awful
What's your least favourite pokemon btw?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
So much salt.

#TeamLitten is literally falling apart because of how hideous Beltigre's design is or how much they want a non-bidepal starter for once. This is Delphox and Emboar all over again.
Hey, one of my best friends is seriously considering not using any starter this gen because in his opinion they messed up all the designs. I asked him why he didn't like Mermaid Popplio.
Him-"Popplio is supposed to be silly and lovable"
Me-"And the mermaid isn't?
Him-"It's definitely not silly"
Me-"What about Brionne?"
Him-"Brionne actually looks silly and lovable. That's the main theme of water starters"

And he doesn't like Beltigre because it's bipedal.
Not being bipedal is a minor issue I have with Beltigre, but if we didn't have Entermaid, I'd still use Beltigre.
Some people just can't accept things.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I feel this is at least the 4th time I hear horror stories about the 64 section of the site.
I never even knew it existed. Maybe things over there will get a bit more...

Radical.

Nah not really tho.

After a long sleep I am still hyped about Sun and Moon. I cant wait to do my first run and first Nuzlocke.

In other news, I'm doing an XY wonderlocke and someone just traded me a Shiny, level 100 Raichu holding a life orb with Nasty Plot and I'm assuming pretty good IVs.

Obviously I wont use it in my run but... thanks?

2 trades later I got a Registeel... also won't be using it.

I did get a Gale Wings Fletchling though muhaha. You'll never be this cool Pikipek... even with Skill Link.

D

Deleted member

Finished playing the main part of tge demo and went around doing what I could in it
Wondering when GX will make the analysis of the demo video as I saw three new characters in it
There are timed events just like the ORAS demo though they are hinted at, here are the ones I found
1 day-Guy in front of PokeCenter says he'll give you something if you see him tomorrow
5 Days-Girl in the southwestern part of the town says she'll see a "really nice guy" again in 5 days
12 Days-In the City Hall, a man asks you to help him celebrate his Pikachu's birthday
18 Days-A Police officer outside the ferry building says he was told something would happen in 18 days and that he should be ready for it
24 Days-A girl inside the ferry building asks you to sail with her to another island in that day

Also, a girl near the tourist shop takes you to an area to smash rocks with Tauros and an old man gives you a nugget to transfer to the full game at the end

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, so another thing about the leaks.

Why would the Gen 4 fossils be included in the dex but not Gen 3/6/Omanyte/Kabuto if they were planning on making Gen 4 remakes right after where they would also be in the regional dex? I'm even more wondering if my "jump right to Gen 8" theory might actually have some decent basis. Of course, it could just be confirmation bias on my part. . .but rolling with it is more fun for now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I WILL FIND WHOEVER MADE BRONZONG AND PERSONALLY FIND THEIR HOME AND BU--

It's Bronzong.
I agree, especially Gen 4-5 Bronzong. Who thought that a Pokemon with roulette weaknesses was fun? Now, your precious abilities wont' save you from the darkness.:evil:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey, one of my best friends is seriously considering not using any starter this gen because in his opinion they messed up all the designs. I asked him why he didn't like Mermaid Popplio.
Him-"Popplio is supposed to be silly and lovable"
Me-"And the mermaid isn't?
Him-"It's definitely not silly"
Me-"What about Brionne?"
Him-"Brionne actually looks silly and lovable. That's the main theme of water starters"

And he doesn't like Beltigre because it's bipedal.
Not being bipedal is a minor issue I have with Beltigre, but if we didn't have Entermaid, I'd still use Beltigre.
Some people just can't accept things.
Because when I see Feraligatr, the very first thing I think is "silly and lovable."

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Ice cream forms two and three are pretty awful.

The first one is kind of cute.

And yes, I do forget their names.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I imagine if you come back to the demo at the dates the npcs say we will get more ****, yeah?

OK, so another thing about the leaks.

Why would the Gen 4 fossils be included in the dex but not Gen 3/6/Omanyte/Kabuto if they were planning on making Gen 4 remakes right after where they would also be in the regional dex? I'm even more wondering if my "jump right to Gen 8" theory might actually have some decent basis. Of course, it could just be confirmation bias on my part. . .but rolling with it is more fun for now.
They don't remake multiple games for the same console so gen 4 remake(or preferably gen 1 remake) won't happen until the next handheld.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Still #TeamPopplio after all this time. :p

Though funny enough, I actually really want Robinhoot to get into the next Smash if I'm being honest. Not that I don't think Entermaid would be awesome, but because I've wanted a pure archer character in Smash a la Hawkeye in UMvC3 or Green Arrow in Injustice for so long. :laugh:
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if GameFreak had Smash or Greninja in mind when they designed Robinhoot.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

It's Bronzong.
BUU'S GONNA BUU-RN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Ice cream forms two and three are pretty awful.

The first one is kind of cute.

And yes, I do forget their names.
HOW ****ING DARE YOU
Probably Bruxish

If not maybe unfeazent for having one of the most boring designs I can think of.
:061:
That reminds me. I have yet to see the day the 'national bird mon' list doesn't go Staraptor, everything else, Unfezant

Though that post was moreso directed to Opopo

dream1ng

Smash Champion
I don't find any of the final water starters silly and lovable other than maybe Swampert. Are some of them really cool? Sure, but silly and lovable? Definitely not the first words I'd use for... pretty much any of them.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

It's Bronzong.
*looks up and saves all the Brozong art for the future*
Just did the first day based event.
You get 10 Pretty Wings.
Thats on the 19th, how did you do it

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
BUU'S GONNA BUU-RN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!

HOW ****ING DARE YOU

That reminds me. I have yet to see the day the 'national bird mon' list doesn't go Staraptor, everything else, Unfezant

Though that post was moreso directed to Opopo
Bcause before "bravest bird" became the memset it was.
Staraptor was THE BEST BIRD.

Literally intimidating.
Brav bird for massive stab hit.
One of the best attack stats.
"Hey, i'mma counter your flying type with rock and steel!"

And then Unfeezant was a bad looking SPECIAL ATTACKER without a movepool for it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm gonna pretend Zebei didn't just insult the second best early bird, and instead go with Mega Kangaskhan.

Because **** Parental Bond. So glad it got nerfed.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I imagine if you come back to the demo at the dates the npcs say we will get more ****, yeah?

They don't remake multiple games for the same console so gen 4 remake(or preferably gen 1 remake) won't happen until the next handheld.
I wouldn't think, but the general sentiment seemed to be that Gen 4 remakes would happen soon.

That combined with seemingly no third version legendary and a possible hybrid video game system with Game Freak confirmed supporting it. . .this might possibly the shortest Gen yet and the only two-game Gen to date. It would certainly break peoples' expectations for the future even further.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm not gonna pick Litten because the final evo literally doesn't appeal to me in any way anymore. But apparently you are a whiny baby if you dislike a design that heavily moves from what made the first evolution appealing to many people. Ah well.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wouldn't think, but the general sentiment seemed to be that Gen 4 remakes would happen soon.

That combined with seemingly no third version legendary and a possible hybrid video game system with Game Freak confirmed supporting it. . .this might possibly the shortest Gen yet and the only two-game Gen to date. It would certainly break peoples' expectations for the future even further.
I still say gen 1 deserves it more than gen 4.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Bcause before "bravest bird" became the memset it was.
Staraptor was THE BEST BIRD.

Literally intimidating.
Brav bird for massive stab hit.
One of the best attack stats.
"Hey, i'mma counter your flying type with rock and steel!"

And then Unfeezant was a bad looking SPECIAL ATTACKER without a movepool for it.
I hope Megas end up returning in Sinnog remakes, just so this glorious beast can bum **** everything in the main game again

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm not gonna pick Litten because the final evo literally doesn't appeal to me in any way anymore. But apparently you are a whiny baby if you dislike a design that heavily moves from what made the first evolution appealing to many people. Ah well.
It's not about the opinion, it's the way you say it.

And yeah, a lot of people are having kind of extreme reactions.

Last edited:

Soul.

does anyone else think Z-Move animations are too long

they're hilarious, but they feel like they take like 15-30 seconds

dream1ng

Smash Champion
The fact that Litten doesn't turn into a sabretooth tiger is a missed opportunity for the ages.

A ****ing wrestler. Sure. That's what people want from their fire starter. A humanoid brawler.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Beltigre doesn't really do anymore of a drastic change as pretty much any other fire starters final form.

Gen 5 is certianly has one of the most divisive dex

I dislike alomalamalamlamlalolola, tympole (seriously that face), the aforementioned Unfeazent, and I have a personal vendetta against simisear and emolga.

Every other pokemon I either like, love, or really really really love (aka Krookodile, sawsbuck, vanilish)

Easily my highest scoring gen :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Unpopular opinion: Staraptor is my least favorite early bird. Unfezant is tied for my favorite. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Gen 5 is certianly has one of the most divisive dex

I dislike alomalamalamlamlalolola, tympole (seriously that face), the aforementioned Unfeazent, and I have a personal vendetta against simisear and emolga.

Every other pokemon I either like, love, or really really really love (aka Krookodile, sawsbuck, vanilish)

Easily my highest scoring gen :p

Gen 5 is the best gen. I love it, it has all my favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom