• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ayyy, finished downloading.
Game looks very nice.
Character's name is Sun (for the demo at least).

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Player character is originally from the Kanto region.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Greninja knows Water Shuriken, Aerial Ace, Double Team and Night Slash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Meanwhile...
*opens Youtube*
*checks subs box*
"Hey, what's this?"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*deep breath*
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHERE'S MY GODDAMN LOCALIZATION ATLUS???

Chrono.

I wonder if Cut is still a regular move in S&M. That could explain why Ash-Greninja doesn't have it and has Night Slash instead. STAB aside anyway.
I would definitely bet on it being because it's just a better move.

Anything to not have HMs back.

Pls Arceus.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I know NX rumors are so passe and stuff but with all the signs pointing to a reveal this week I think it's very possible that Friday is the day of the reveal and Wednesday is the announcement day.

Would work perfectly. Sun and Moon demo launches on the 18th and then the NX is announced on the 19th to be revealed on the 21st.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would definitely bet on it being because it's just a better move.

Anything to not have HMs back.

Pls Arceus.
Agreed, soooooo much.

Why would it have cut?
Because outside of Cut being there instead of Night Slash, that's Greninja's current anime moveset. It would make sense for him to have his exact anime moveset. But yeah, I agree that Night Slash is better entirely.

What I'm annoyed at is Pikachu's bad moveset. There's no reason for Slam or Growl at all. Quick Attack should be there instead of Slam(or things like Electro Ball, Volt Tackle... and I'm sure you could think of other ones), and Growl could be replaced by tons of stuff really, like a fairly useful Double Team.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The leak looks like some kind of sea anemone to me

Maybe it's not an evolution

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
*Starts Tower of Fate, Entrance*
after about 1 minute of playthough.....
OH BOY! So many things about past levels I hated! There's the stupid books from Pridemoor, the pop-up fire enemies from Lost City, and the falling platforms from Flying Machine!
I wonder when I'll start finding ice physics and bursts of wind!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For the record, stuff inherently found in the demo like Ash-Greninja and Pikachu's movesets aren't major spoilers like the Datamining Leaks are. That's why nobody is spoilering the former.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Never thought of Remoraid being a gun...I guess it's evolution at least makes a little more sense....just a little though...

So, if Remoraid is a gun then that means...
Mantine is armed and dangerous!!!:226:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Never thought of Remoraid being a gun...I guess it's evolution at least makes a little more sense....just a little though...

So, if Remoraid is a gun then that means...
Mantine is armed and dangerous!!!:226:
Mantine is a plane hence the flying type.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I know NX rumors are so passe and stuff but with all the signs pointing to a reveal this week I think it's very possible that Friday is the day of the reveal and Wednesday is the announcement day.

Would work perfectly. Sun and Moon demo launches on the 18th and then the NX is announced on the 19th to be revealed on the 21st.
No one cares about the whatever when the Sun and Moon demo is out and ripe for the datamining

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Mantine is a plane hence the flying type.
This reminds me...

I still want a flying fish pokemon that evolves into a Sailfish/Marlin both of which are Water/Flying....I know we got plenty of Water/flying but it just seems like it'd be a cool concept....

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just some mechanic stuff
Seems the Pokefinder/photo thing can only be used at certain locations. Taking a picture starts a battle
EDIT: momentary mind blank on spoiler tags

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Yesterday's Pokemon poll featuring the professors was a pretty popular one. It got 20 votes overall. Here are the results:

Sycamore: 7 votes
Rowan: 4 votes
Juniper: 4 votes
Oak: 3 votes
Elm: 1 vote
Birch: 1 vote

That's right, folks. This classy man topped the poll!

Que in the music!

Sycamore turned out to be the fan favorite Pokemon Professor around here! Indeed, with his stylish design, classy French theme, and impact on the story, it's no surprise he did this well. I guess most of us can agree he was one of the better things to come out of X and Y, a pair of Pokemon games that tend to get a lot of flack these days. I was expecting Oak to win it, but he surprisingly ended up around the middle.

Rowan making it at second place was a pleasant surprise. I have to agree with those that responded that he has a really good theme. It sounds so sweet yet grand. You hear it at the beginning of your adventure, and then you hear at the very end when you beat the Champion. The melody fits both parts of D/P/Pt's story perfectly. He also does have that real professor-like look to him.

Juniper turned out to be pretty popular too. For our first female Professor, she certainly left a positive impact on the games.

Not surprised that Elm and Birch scored at the bottom though. You don't hear those two being discussed very often compared to Sycamore, Oak, Juniper, and Rowan.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Kukui will stack up compared to the other professors.

------

Looks like whoever in TPCi revealed that image featuring the yet-to-be-reveled Pokemon made an accidental mixup. He/she probably should've waited until the Pokemon was revealed if they didn't want to ruin the surprise.

The new Pokemon looks like something out of an older monster kid show I faintly remember from a while back, but I have that impression because of the eyes and the mouth. It looks like it could be related to Pyukumuku. Similar to it, the new Pokemon is a sea dweller, has spikes on its bodies, and those parts beneath its head remind me of Pyukumuku's hand.

------

Too bad I won't be playing the demo until the late hours tomorrow. I've got a lot to do in the morning and early afternoon hours. I'll still follow updates about what is revealed during them though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom