• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I just found out about a new hashtag called 'repeal the 19th'

Question to everyone who's played The Legendary Starfy: What are your lists of positives and negatives about the game
Unfortunately it's not satire.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I bet alot of people were happy with marrying Machoke, Gardevior, or Lopunny in the old days. Or maybe Mr. Mime and Jynx if they are really that kinky.
Which makes me wonder, when was it considered unlawful to marry a Pokemon at any point in the timeline if its canon?

When civilaization started to advance or they finally realized Pokemon would make terrible spouses? It really makes me wonder would you trust Gardevior with the bills or Machamp having a job to support the family. Or if it's really possible for human/Pokemon children as a result of their relationship?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Which makes me wonder, when was it considered unlawful to marry a Pokemon at any point in the timeline if its canon?

When civilaization started to advance or they finally realized Pokemon would make terrible spouses? It really makes me wonder would you trust Gardevior with the bills or Machamp having a job to support the family. Or if it's really possible for human/Pokemon children as a result of their relationship?
Well if Pokemon are anything like real life animals it would be physically impossible to have a human/pokemon child.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
We're talking about sleeping with pokemon? I don't know if that's just the anxiety for the demo, or if we're just that desperate.
But personally, I like to have my Nidoqueen accompany me while I sleep.

I swear to god.
If I ever get to the final checkpoint in Lich Yards......I'll know I've been blessed with a miracle.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

For some odd reason, this came to mind.

They probably made it unlawful because you wouldn't really have a Pokemon have the same jobs as humans. In a way, they function well as anything, but a salaryman that's trusted with money. That, and I doubt it's really possible for PokeChildren when you really do marry. We're not so sure since it's probably a vague history description from a book.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
We're talking about sleeping with pokemon? I don't know if that's just the anxiety for the demo, or if we're just that desperate.
But personally, I like to have my Nidoqueen accompany me while I sleep.

I swear to god.
If I ever get to the final checkpoint in Lich Yards......I'll know I've been blessed with a miracle.
Yeah, Specter Knight's stage is pretty challenging for newbies early on, especially if you choose him before King Knight
Well if Pokemon are anything like real life animals it would be physically impossible to have a human/pokemon child.
You're not trying hard enough

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wait.

Turtonator is exclusive to Sun; Drampa is exclusive to Moon?
It is an ASSUMPTION.
Italian retailer has gotten in their promotional boxes to push pre-orders.
The backs show drampa and turtonator for the two versions.
Neither have any pre-vos, given what we've seen about the "registered" screen for capturing a new pokemon before.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@[Ersatz]

Luigi's Mansion theme

Edit: YES I GOT IT BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE DESPITE BEING LATE SOMEHOW,

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Huh, I was kind of hoping Drampa wouldn't be standalone, oh well, hopefully it's decent enough that it'll have some use in the main game.

Speaking of Machoke and awkward sexiness, I've found this funny comic that makes a great point about him.

Is it wrong that I still find the Machoke picture cute?

I can't really blame her, sleeping with "Furry Daddy" would be a bit strange when he's giving you that look. :troll:
Look, I don't care what your street name is, it's not happening, go find some other boy to cuddle up with.

Besides, I'm saving myself for Drayden.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wonder what's going on here-

I can't really blame her, sleeping with "Furry Daddy" would be a bit strange when he's giving you that look. :troll:

I bet alot of people were happy with marrying Machoke, Gardevior, or Lopunny in the old days. Or maybe Mr. Mime and Jynx if they are really that kinky.
tumblr_njbyq7CTE71qcp0g3o2_r1_500.gif

Cardboardtubeknight

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
4914-7294-5851
I refuse to believe people are that ****ing stupid. I even know of a Trump supporter who thinks this is absolute bull.
That actually reminds me of a poem by T.S Elliot called hallow man

The end goes...

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Yeah, Specter Knight's stage is pretty challenging for newbies early on, especially if you choose him before King Knight

You're not trying hard enough
Went for King Knight first, got the guy in 3 tries.
AND OF COURSE AS SOON AS I COME BACK FROM MAKING THAT COMMENT AND GETTING FOOD I CLEAR IT AND GET TO THE CHECKPOINT.
Of course.
Apparently, specter knight is a pretty hard boss. Here goes.....

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question, does Su&Mo have horde battles?

The answer will determine what Ribombee I go for.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Still curious what will be hidden in the ROM of the demo for the internet to splurge into.

Sure, it's an ant to the full game in terms of file size, but I bet Game Freak is being very careful what they'll put in it when it's only a month until the final product.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
When conversations like Pokémon marriage happen, I sink back into my metaphorical shell and say, "damn you kids are scary."

Burruni

Smash Hero
Still curious what will be hidden in the ROM of the demo for the internet to splurge into.

Sure, it's an ant to the full game in terms of file size, but I bet Game Freak is being very careful what they'll put in it when it's only a month until the final product.
You mean like every Mega and most of the Delta episode still being in the ORAS demo?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You mean like every Mega and most of the Delta episode still being in the ORAS demo?
Wait, all of that was in the ΩR/αS demo???

In that case, it'll be worse if that happened due to being the INTRODUCTION of the generation rather than a game that's late in the generation's life span.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
This whole discussion reminds me of something. The Japanese version of Diamond & Pearl made it clear that marriage with Pokemon was possible long ago according to a history book. Though I can see why that was censored in Western copies when people can link it easily to bestiality.
I'm not surprised.

Although I bet that to some extent, it's a reference to the amount of tales of people falling in love with animals, like the story behind the Minotaur, the stories of maidens with a secret form marrying humans and the amount of deities who took a shape of an animal and made love with people. Which would make sense considering that there are shapeshifting Pokemon and that fact that the anime possibly had a Pokemon disguised as a human kiss the main character(and it doesn't help that said Pokemon had interest in the main character).

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Why does this game expect me to fight the incarnation of death, who has a massive scythe while I have a shovel, when he has TWICE MY HEALTH!? I mean, I nearly got him last try....only 3 hits away. Then he was like "Aw **** no" , turned everything dark, and wrecked me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just found out about a new hashtag called 'repeal the 19th'

Question to everyone who's played The Legendary Starfy: What are your lists of positives and negatives about the game
This is ****ing stupid if real

But looking it up I can't find anyone who actually supports it

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wait, all of that was in the ΩR/αS demo???

In that case, it'll be worse if that happened due to being the INTRODUCTION of the generation rather than a game that's late in the generation's life span.
The files for it were still present.
It got datamined out damn quick too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I actually think they'll block the demo from datamining.

They protected it's encryption already, so it's likely they will do it for the full demo.

If it does get datamined, I'd like to hear the full dex number and nothing else.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen

Played the fifth game because USA.

Only true negatives I can say are the fact that sometimes the localization was a tad wonky (they couldn't seem to decide Shurikit's sex. She was mainly referred to as female, but there was at least one instance where Moe says "he" when referring to her), and well...the one button mash part toward the end (without spoiling anything) was excessive. I actually had to look up proper mashing form since I kept being too slow.:4sonic:

But past that, I loved it. Post game is actually challenging, the characters are fun and quirky, the gameplay is fluid, and the level design and world creativity are delightful. Seriously, it would have been soooooo easy to fall into the "Atlantis is Boring" trope or any other water level complaint, but damn, it was all so good. The highlight would be this one level in Sogwood Forest which is to this day one of my favorite video game levels for sheer fun value. You start out on the forest floor and ascend to the canopy. Pretty standard stuff, right? Wrong. It's a perfect mix of Starfy's land and water gameplay where gigantic drops of water are descending from the canopy, and you need to run up to them, jump into them, and then swim upward through descending raindrops to get to the canopy's highest points. So ridiculously creative and fun.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Pokemon Blue update #7 I think?
The mainland's as conquered as I can get.
The team's Lv39 across the board.
We take to the sea to kick the crap out of a ton of swimmers before making landfall at Cinnabar.
:051::053::071::135::124::055:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen

Played the fifth game because USA.

Only true negatives I can say are the fact that sometimes the localization was a tad wonky (they couldn't seem to decide Shurikit's sex. She was mainly referred to as female, but there was at least one instance where Moe says "he" when referring to her), and well...the one button mash part toward the end (without spoiling anything) was excessive. I actually had to look up proper mashing form since I kept being too slow.:4sonic:

But past that, I loved it. Post game is actually challenging, the characters are fun and quirky, the gameplay is fluid, and the level design and world creativity are delightful. Seriously, it would have been soooooo easy to fall into the "Atlantis is Boring" trope or any other water level complaint, but damn, it was all so good. The highlight would be this one level in Sogwood Forest which is to this day one of my favorite video game levels for sheer fun value. You start out on the forest floor and ascend to the canopy. Pretty standard stuff, right? Wrong. It's a perfect mix of Starfy's land and water gameplay where gigantic drops of water are descending from the canopy, and you need to run up to them, jump into them, and then swim upward through descending raindrops to get to the canopy's highest points. So ridiculously creative and fun.
Welp. I know what I'm asking for my birthday, only played the first though it's really lackluster compared to your advertisement.
@Zebei You're watching Battle Tendancy. Dub or sub? I find Ben Diskin's Joeseph Joestar MUCH more enjoyable to listen
EDIT: the grenade trick dubbed

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
YEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH beat the Lich Yards and Specter Knight! WOOOOO!!!!
Onwards, to Plague Knight's Explodatorium!
After a lot of celebratory eating of course. It's worth it, I just beat and killed the grim reaper.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Pokemon Blue update #7 I think?
The mainland's as conquered as I can get.
The team's Lv39 across the board.
We take to the sea to kick the crap out of a ton of swimmers before making landfall at Cinnabar.
:051::053::071::135::124::055:
Speaking of Pokemon Blue, I started a playthrough of it a while ago with the intent to finally complete the Gen I Pokedex(and the Gen II dex by trading with Crystal). I should really get back to that at some point.

Burruni

Smash Hero
For people more programming/coding savvy than I.
"If they programmed Rotomdex in the demo, then we'll have IMAGES of the Pokemon. I hope they continue to be as [foolish] as always, I want to know the entire Pokemon list."
Would this add up?

Ivander

Smash Legend
You know, after thinking about it, I would not be surprised if at some point, Gamefreak makes a Pokemon that is interested in people. I mean, Gardevoir somewhat pushes it with it's whole devotion theme, but it's still decently tame.
While a Pokemon interested in people might be pushing the limit, you have to remember that there are some dark Pokemon that actually do some scary stuff. You have Pokemon like Gourgeist who loves to torture people and Pokemon, Lampert who waits for people to die, Pallosand who feasts on grudges, Hypno who had kinapped a child, Malamar who controls others to do it's bidding(and the X&Y anime actually went through with the implication) and Confrigus who has legends of eating people.

Gamefreak has definitely made it clear that there are some dark Pokemon(especially after the X&Y Malamar and showing the image of Pallosand eating Pikachu, unless that was not Gamefreak), so thinking about it, it would not surprise me if they went the distance and made a Pokemon that was interested in people at some point. And it will be a grand day if it does.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Other thing I did in that Blue playthrough was trying to go through as much of the game as possible with getting as few badges as possible.

I think I got all to Cinnabar with only one or two badges. Was pretty fun.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The files for it were still present.
It got datamined out damn quick too.
With S/M demo being 1,100 blocks bigger than the OR/aS demo, data miners are going to have a FRICKIN' FIELD TRIP with that demo!

But I bet the main pages of serebii & Bulbapedia won't cover it like what happend with Gen VI after Nintendo hunted them down for leaking Gen V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom