• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Has anyone played "Darkest Dungeon"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262060/

I've been a little curious about it
the games goal is to break you both naratively and mechanically
if you think your up to the task then perhaps you may be bale to brave the darkest dungeon but as they say
"the human mind is fragile...like a robins egg"

now with out the purple prose i havent played it but ive watched enough to be able to say yes this is a game you should buy....just dont expect to win for a long time

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Has anyone played "Darkest Dungeon"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262060/

I've been a little curious about it
Yes, I played quite a bit.
It's very fun and sometimes frustrating... not the bad type of frustration, that good one.
The game is very focused in the mechanics and atmosphere, so if you like games with more story/background, you can probably be bored with it. IMO it's not a masterpiece, but it's good and quite creative.
It's very fun to do everything you can to keep your characters not insane, but you will fail and struggle at first.
The stress effects are marvelous.
The begin is harder than afterwards, so it's common to restart the game sometimes before understand how to survive.
I had a great time.
The bigger problems is that it becomes repetitive and empty with time, but it's not a 60U$ game so... I will recommend it.

D

Deleted member

I ****ing love Jararanga's design and now want to use one, ****
Silvadi shouls be a form change imo, but I'll take it, just hope ot's not some special late game Pokemon. Definotely naming mine Ur-Child now thanks yo the color pattern
Oh, Grimer is confirmed, yay?
Type Null's evo has to be the least changed pokemon evolution in all pokemon history
A Pokeball turned upside down

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'll try it out. I'll decide tomorrow, eh today. Whatever it's called after I wake up

Chrono.

My thoughts:
- Shirubadi looks really good, definitely getting one on my party
- The Jangmoo line in general is really really ugly, but the type combo is cool
- The 80 new Pokemon leak is probably real at this point but we'll see
- Riddler was wrong about Null which likely means he was just speculating about the Pokédex and/or he really just doesn't know as much as we think

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
My thoughts:
- Shirubadi looks really good, definitely getting one on my party
- The Jangmoo line in general is really really ugly, but the type combo is cool
- The 80 new Pokemon leak is probably real at this point but we'll see
- Riddler was wrong about Null which likely means he was just speculating about the Pokédex and/or he really just doesn't know as much as we think
you call the jango unchained line ugly i call it the coolest looking dragon in a long time
as for the 80 pokemon leak dude probobly got corocoro early and decided to make some BS up so he could have 30 minutes of fame instead of 10 for posting a corocoro leak
on the riddler i guess the tootsiepop commercial was right "the world may never know"

on another pokemon related note the first bug type of pokken was revealed...and it confirmes that empoleon will be a fighter as well

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/786535286176034816

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
you call the jango unchained line ugly i call it the coolest looking dragon in a long time
as for the 80 pokemon leak dude probobly got corocoro early and decided to make some BS up so he could have 30 minutes of fame instead of 10 for posting a corocoro leak
on the riddler i guess the tootsiepop commercial was right "the world may never know"
Didn't the 80 Pokémon leak happen before yesterday, but was brought to light then because of the information? If that's the case the leaker couldn't have gotten Corocoro that far in advance.

Chrono.

Two (seemingly) different people getting an early copy of Corocoro a month early in advance?

Come on man.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Didn't the 80 Pokémon leak happen before yesterday, but was brought to light then because of the information? If that's the case the leaker couldn't have gotten Corocoro that far in advance.
and? that dosent make what i said any less possible

Two (seemingly) different people getting an early copy of Corocoro a month early in advance?

Come on man.
you make it sound like thats impossible...like come on man

seriously tho **** gets released early on accident all the time
(for instance back when skylanders first came out one of the special sets was supposed to be toys r us exclusive but i saw it at a gamestop for sale a day before the game came out)

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
and? that dosent make what i said any less possible

you make it sound like thats impossible...like come on man

seriously tho **** gets released early on accident all the time
(for instance back when skylanders first came out one of the special sets was supposed to be toys r us exclusive but i saw it at a gamestop for sale a day before the game came out)
It actually would make what you said much less possible, especially if it was from a timeframe where Corocoro hadn't shipped yet.

I'd say we're almost certain to get 80 new Pokémon, not including Alola forms. No clue if UBs would be counted, but either way there's only about sixteen or so Mons we don't know about through announcements, leaks, or otherwise, and they're likely things like evolutions for Pyukumuku, Wimpod, Minior, Bounsweet, and Morelull.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
It actually would make what you said much less possible, especially if it was from a timeframe where Corocoro hadn't shipped yet.

I'd say we're almost certain to get 80 new Pokémon, not including Alola forms. No clue if UBs would be counted, but either way there's only about sixteen or so Mons we don't know about through announcements, leaks, or otherwise, and they're likely things like evolutions for Pyukumuku, Wimpod, Minior, Bounsweet, and Morelull.
okay wheres your proof only one person got corocoro early

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So now we know 100% that empoleon is going to be americas next top pokken character

which leaves us with a question whos the final character?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
okay wheres your proof only one person got corocoro early
You're missing the point. That information was leaked October 1st. That wouldn't be getting Corocoro early, that'd be getting Corocoro before the issue is even finished being made.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
You're missing the point. That information was leaked October 1st. That wouldn't be getting Corocoro early, that'd be getting Corocoro before the issue is even finished being made.
and you know when they are made?

Chrono.

If we count the Pokemon we haven't seen yet there's also the Chinese leak mon like the dolphin and the 2 stage snowman. On top of that there's the possible 2 stage breeding cat from the 'real leaks' and Marshadow (who could be a mythical) and the third legend counterpart to Sol and Luna (on the assumption that it isn't Marshadow).

Fossils could also be a possibility as well as the pseudo legend (assuming it's not Jangmo-o since they don't show those before release but things could change).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
and you know when they are made?
I've written for newspapers and magazines. I know firsthand how things like these are made.

They're printed much closer to release date, because otherwise you'd be giving out old news. It's absolutely common sense. The completed magazine would not have been a physical thing on October 1st.

D

Deleted member

Scizor in Pokken? Sweet. It's a pretty cool Pokemon, although I never had the chance to use it.

However, it sucks that out of all the Water starters, they chose Empoleon... While it's kind of growing on me as a Pokemon, it's rather hard for me to see it in a fighting game. I would've prefered Greninja but I guess I'm biased.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If we count the Pokemon we haven't seen yet there's also the Chinese leak mon like the dolphin and the 2 stage snowman. On top of that there's the possible 2 stage breeding cat from the 'real leaks' and Marshadow (who could be a mythical) and the third legend counterpart to Sol and Luna (on the assumption that it isn't Marshadow).

Fossils could also be a possibility as well as the pseudo legend (assuming it's not Jangmo-o since they don't show those before release but things could change).
For the record (and for anyone interested) this was my count.

- 51 Pokémon revealed (Serebii's list, so this includes Cutiefly's evolution)
- 3 for Robinhoot, Beltigre, Entermaid
- 2 of Pikipek's evolutions
- 2 stage Snowman
- Darwin Breeding Cat
- Dolphin
- 3 more Tapus
- Marshadow

All of that makes 64 out of 80. If there are things like evolutions for Darwin Cat, Pyukumuku, Morelull, Comfey, Bounsweet, Wimpod, Mimikyu, or Minior, that number gets further increased. Save some space for future event legends or possibly fossils, and we could have our Dex.

Edit: oh wait, Darwin cat is said to be two, so that makes the current total 65.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
okay hear me out on why were getting over 80 pokemon and its just basic reasoning here

the only reason we had less than 100 new pokemon in X/Y Is because of them needing to make a new model for every pokemon, and every individual form for each pokemon on top of mega evolution

the only reason we found out so much about oras was because
1- the demo was data mined and 2 it was a remake and there fore had no new pokemon

now then following our logic there has been 50 pokemon offically revealed with a possibility of more in the upcoming trailer

now if we go back to x/y over half of the pokemon were shown off (5 over half to be specific) of 72 new pokemon

now basic math says that there should be 95 new pokemon in Su/Mo

and yes when i say offically revealed im ofcourse not counting cutieflys evolution
(i am counting the 3 new pokemon revealed through corocoro as they were ment to be revealed in a few days)

long story short basic math proves this october 1st guy a liar

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Not!Shendu's looking cool, definite team member.
Silvadi look's great, hope it isn't limited to late game story stuff having to happen first.

Anyway we interrupt your Pokemon to give you Star Wars:
More stuff on Mads' character, more Vader and more brilliant shots like this:
upload_2016-10-13_14-6-48.png

Wallpaper material right there
This is gonna be awesome.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
okayhear me out on why were getting over 80 pokemon and its just basic reasoning here

the only reason we had less than 100 new pokemon in X/Y Is because of them needing to make a new model for every pokemon, and every individual form for each pokemon on top of mega evolution

1- the demo was data mined and 2 it was a remake and there fore had no new pokemon

now then following our logic there has been 50 pokemon offically revealed with a possibility of more in the upcoming trailer

nowif we go back to x/y over half of the pokemon were shown off (5 over half to be specific) of 72 new pokemon

and yes when i say offically revealed im ofcourse not counting cutieflys evolution
(i am counting the 3 new pokemon revealed through corocoro as they were ment to be revealed in a few days)

Dude, there were way too many assumptions in here.

1. We don't know if the new models thing was the ONLY reason. One could just as easily point to Megas/Alola forms and say that, internally, GameFreak is using them to bolster the numbers.

And

2. One instance doesn't make something a pattern. There's nothing saying they need to stick to the same ratio of pre/post release reveals.

So no, your "basic math" proves nothing. There are far more assumptions here than there is assuming the leaker is right. For the leaker, you just need to assume he didn't purposely make up the number eighty. And we have no reason to think that.

For yours, we need to assume the model reason was the biggest factor in there not being many Kalos Pokémon, that GameFreak would hold to the same "pattern" (note: it's not a pattern) as last time despite there being no evidence of this, and that the leaker is lying despite nailing the Type: Null thing two weeks before the information was made public.

I'm not saying it's impossible for the leak to be wrong, but I'd say it's far more likely than your argument against it.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Type: Null's evolution is very cool, I like that the helmet getting taken off is treated as an evolution since that fits the motif of it gaining power more.

Jaraga is... OK, I do agree that it kind of has middle stage syndrome. Jaranga I'm probably going to have to see it in motion as there are some details I feel that would pop out better in its model then it is in the artwork. With that said, I kind of like the motif they're going with for the design and the armor looks pretty good.

The original post was deleted, but when questioned about it he posted an update on it. He didn't give a number, but people pointed out that the file size in lengthXwidth when added together, equal something like 815 or 820.

It was a picture he used of Lunala I believe.
Hm, I'll see if I can find it then, I want to take a look at that bit.

okayhear me out on why were getting over 80 pokemon and its just basic reasoning here

nowif we go back to x/y over half of the pokemon were shown off (5 over half to be specific) of 72 new pokemon

I wouldn't rely on proportions to say how many Pokémon we'll get as that number has never been consistent. Gen 6 had over 50% of its Pokémon revealed (42 to 72), Gen 5 had around a third (52 to 156), and Gen 4 had less then that. So just because Gen 6 had over half of its Pokémon revealed doesn't mean that Gen 7 will follow suit, it could reveal more or less depending on how GF handles the pre-release cycle.

And we knew the majority of ORAS regardless of the demo to be honest. Offhand, we got all of the Megas, Delta Episode + Rayquaza and Deoxys, Contests, Secret Bases, Soaring, all of the legendaries that were catchable (and through them, Mirage Islands), Team Aqua/Magma getting touched up, Steven and Wally getting touched up, on top of a few other things. The only thing I don't think ORAS' pre-release period revealed was certain story and sidequest details, and that's one of the reasons why some fans criticized GF's handling of that period since GF almost played their entire hand of the new things in the game and didn't leave a lot of unknown content to look forward to.

It's not impossible to believe that GF would play most of their hand with the new Pokémon and forms, they have been willing to reveal a lot of content in the most recent games (with ORAS being the best example of that). So potentially we could've gotten the majority of the new Pokémon there is to the game, and the reason it's low could be due to design decisions, limitations, or other such factors.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Assuming Game freak's following the same pattern...

I do feel like we'll get more than 80, but not because of 'basic math'...

Also SCIZOR HYPE!!!:212:
So we basically have Empoleon confirmed as well, but the question is...who's going to be the last fighter?
Greninja? Zoroark? Staraptor? Hawlucha?
I actually think a 'bird' fighter would be neat as well since it would stand out from the cast so a Pokemon like Staraptor and Hawlucha would be neat...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Thoughts on the Sun and Moon news:

Silvady has definitely become one of my favorites from Alola so far! That head makes it look really majestic! I was worried Type: Null would look ugly without the mask, but I was wrong. I'm also getting some strong Arceus implications from it thanks to its ability and signature attack. I can imagine the Pokemon Reboot/Alchemy has intensified with this news, and I can already see Lockster / Gnoggin rubbing his hands together saying, "Yes, yes, YES! My theory is becoming even more true!" This news also makes me wonder how will we get Type: Null. I doubt it'll be a wild Pokemon. I'm guessing Gladion gives it to you at some point, but then that makes me wonder if he'll give it to you when it's a Type: Null or when it is a Silvady. Either way, it's definitely going on my team.

I didn't expect Jangmo'o's evolution to gain a more Aztec look as it evolves. I like the middle-stage, but the final-stage will probably take some to get used to; it does have a good design though. Might get one on my team if I have room.

Never been a fan of Grimer, and I think Alola Form makes it look even more unappealing.

Not much to say about the new Trial Captain. I'm glad we now know how Ilima looks like after her name was mentioned in a recent trailer. Interesting to see she'll be the first Trial Captain though. What type does she specialize? I also thought she was related to Hau at first because he appears right next to her in the scan.

As for the anime news, not surprised Pikachu will form some sort of bond with Togedemaru. Didn't think Samson Oak runs that school though. Makes me curious to see how will Ash and Samson Oak's first encounter enfold.

Scizor's trailer

a lot more saw blades than i expected
Not surprised about Scizor being the revealed fighter. I wanted Scizor in Pokken, so it's great to see him there! Has a really fun moveset too! I also like its voice for Pokken. My only worry is that Scizor worsened Gallade's chances since its fighting-style looks very similar to how I imagined Gallade would play out, minus the teleportation.

Guess this confirms that Empoleon will be coming sometime soon.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I can't really believe the Oct 1st leaker right now.
Here's what he postd, with slight paraphrasing

Post 1: Type:Null evolves, loses its helmet, and gains multitype.
The starter leaks are real.

Post 2: Type:Null evolves, loses its helmet, and gains multitype.
The starter leaks are real.
There are only around 80 new pokemon.
Everything else I know is pointless, lol.

The idea of "predicting" an Arceus-based chimera evolves to achieve its true form isn't that big of a leap to me. It getting an ability similar to but not truly multi-type, again, because of the Arceus inspiration could be as applicable, but more questionable.

The Riddler, iirc, mentioned Lunaala's Pokedex number being something around 830. Please someone correct me if they saved the actual post about this.

And lastly, even though it was "just speculation" and listed Type:Null as a 1 stage pokemon, that... "spread" the Riddler put out a few days ago still... gets to me.
39 Pokemon from the starter trio types.
2 more for the Ice types that have been leaked (/Ghost snowmen), and from the "0-6" on new dark types, I'll pick a 3 just to be about average.
44 at this point assuming the dark types don't overlap with the starter types.
Riddler lists 16 normal pokemon, but given we have Silvada and the two-stage darwin cat left, I stand at 17 here. 61 already.
From flying, we know we can add 3 for Oriorio and the two stages of Minior. Of the 5 missing flying types, I'll play cautious and say they're all from the first 7 types. 64.
Fighting gives another 4 for sure standardly. 2 of the missing 3 are Jagmo-o evos, and the remaining one may be a type already covered, so I'll pass on it as well.
68, as I'll count all of Jagmo-o's line with dragon.
Ground type, +4 for sure, and one again excluding the 4 unaccounted for in cautioun of already covering them. 72.
Rockruff's 2, ignoring 5 unaccounted, 74.
Grubbin's 3, Wimpod's 2, ignoring the 4 unaccounted, 79.
Lunala's the only ghost we KNOW, already hitting 80.
Togdemaru, Solgalo, Magearna, and then the 3 stages of Jagmo-o alone take us to 86, with most of the missing mons still open considering I only counted the ones for the first 6 types in fear of over-representing dual typed mons, barring "leaked" mons.

Speculation from him, yes. But he's been a cryptic but reliable source through most of this and giving a base line for over 80 in this just makes me still believe over 80 non-alolan form new Pokemon.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so im going to put out my minimum to maximum predictions for sun and moon pokemon
to be honest i think were going to get 100-133 new pokemon (and 20-30 new alolan form pokemon)

am i being optimistic on the alolan pokemon? not really going off of the fact we know alolan muk and persian exist we have 12 alolan pokemon currently not a stretch to assume 8 more could show up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom