• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I made some thoughts on my 'politically induced apathy' earlier today: Long story short - I feel sick of Australia's policies on refugees and asylum seekers (mandatory detention is a complete violation of human rights - enough to make me feel disgusted to be Australian) and Trump is better off in a dump.

Pokémon progress reports so far: In Dewford Town and seeking to level up a good team for Brawly. And by good team I mean so far:
: Kitten
: Kiio
: Climnew (Just about to become Lombre)
: Storm Boy - From an old movie I saw a long time ago about a kid and a pelican, if I recall correctly, but probably because back in my old childhood I used to love seeing pelicans.
: Lambetinalé (Just some random name I thought of)
: Nincada

Yeah, this was just a team for the sake of grinding/levelling up, but I want to level up a few Flying types. Might swap out Kitten and Lambetinalé for some more appropriate choices. Not to mention I want to at least catch a Sableye. So I can release my Starter Pokémon and relive the nostalgia again. :p (don't ask what went on in my mind at the time - I even ran away from Kyogre.)

And after booting up some Streetpasses - I managed to procure an Eon Ticket! Could be useful, especially if it's to get Latios later. Anyway, time to get back to the game and fix up those teams.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Today I found that one of the coconut trees in the neighbourhood was cut down. :urg: It was there for as long as I remember it, and I could see it whenever I stepped out of the house. It's kind of sad to see it gone.

They also dumped the leaves on the road nearby and it has become a feast for cows. >_>

"She also sent out a tweet at 3 in the morning, but I won't even mention that"
"Who sends a tweet at 3 in the morning?"
"Oh boy 3 AM"
:troll:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Today I found that one of the coconut trees in the neighbourhood was cut down. :urg: It was there for as long as I remember it, and I could see it whenever I stepped out of the house. It's kind of sad to see it gone.
I can't believe Alolan Exeggutor it's ****ing dead.

Sorry

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Brawly defeated!
Progress and Team Report:
MVPs:
: Kiio - The main offence against Machop, with just one Wing Attack.
: F - Yeah, that's her name for now. I caught this Zubat even though I've already got a Crobat in Y, but I figured Wynaut, and there was already an open slot in the Party. F will probably get her completed name when I get to the Name Rater, thinking of either Flandre or Remilia, but maybe Flandre. Confused Makuhita before swapping over to Beautifly.
: Beautifly - Brought the fight to the conclusion - Close victory, what with Makuhita's Bulk-Up stats taking a large chunk out of Beautifly's health, and I was quite thankful Arm Thrust didn't KO Beautifly thanks to the Type-match up.

Once again, I felt over prepared with the scales in my favour. Mudkip evolved thanks to the EXP Share being on, so that should give me some immunity for when Watson's fight is closing in. Next into Granite Cave to get Sableye.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Spoiler for FNAF Sister location

Ennard says "Isn't this why you came here? To be with her again?"

Are you Purple Man/ Afton whatever his name is?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Spoiler for FNAF Sister location

Ennard says "Isn't this why you came here? To be with her again?"

Are you Purple Man/ Afton whatever his name is?
Seems to be the main consensus.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Hey is there a way increase your chances of finding a Pokemon with its hidden ability? I can't find a Protean Kecleon in the Friend Safari

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@PushDustIn and Frostwraith Frostwraith

Though they're not on anymore so if you want something done, go to @Cyndane
I'm still around!

Not as much as I used to since me and Push have been more focused on Source Gaming stuff. I still log into this site nearly every day, so I still watch this thread.

Remember that reports help notify the mods about any potential issue on the thread.

Anyway...

Pazzo. Pazzo. @Erureido

This chapter was mind-blowing and the amount of detail in the explanation of many unanswered questions does tell that the author planned many aspects of the story way ahead.

I do see a lot of political undertones in the whole Eldia and Marley conflict and considering the author's political leanings, you could even think he's projecting them into the story he created.

Anyway, the whole stuff about the titans makes a lot of sense. Marley wants to end any of Eldia's survivors by using their titan's powers in the first place. The walls don't exist to protect humanity, but to protect the remaining Eldians inside the walls. The titans are actually invaders from Marley picked from those of Eldian descent and oppressed by the regime, the majority of them unaware of what they're doing, which is what happened to Grisha's companions, making their similarities to the Trost titans a really nice detail.

In the same way Marley has depicted Eldia as an oppressor of the past, so did King Fritz create its version of history, painting humanity as almost extinct when it's not really the case, except the Eldians do remain a few in the story's present. It's a nice showcasing of how history is easily manipulated to fit political agendas. Even the Eldian restoration movement likely had its own agenda, painting their history in a more positive light even though they had no evidence disproving their oppression, so the truth may lie somewhere in between the two side's depictions.

Zeke being Eren's half-brother is an interesting development. That picture of him holding a monkey toy is a nice visual hint about his identity as the Beast Titan. Zeke has likely been indoctrinated and brainwashed by Marley when he became a warrior, which explains why he would sell out his own parents like he did. After all, he was 7. Now either Eren convinces him to join the Survey Corps or kills him otherwise to get his power.

In the end, it's very much a story of the oppressors becoming the oppressed, and a war between two human factions, rather than the post-apocalyptic story we were led to believe at first, further telling how everything isn't how it seems in the first place.

Right now, the Survey Corps should have at least 2 of the 9 Titan powers, those being Eren's titan and the Colossal Titan that got passed to Armin. Not sure if the Coordinate is a 3rd power right now, but if it is, then Eren has 2 of the 9 titan powers. Annie, Ymir, Reiner and Zeke have 4 others, meaning 7 titan powers are known. The quadruped titan seen with the Beast Titan may be a shifter as well, which could mean it's one of the 9 powers, but it's not certain yet.

The next chapter ought to be interesting as well since it likely focuses on how the characters will react to this revelation and what they'll do next. There are some unknowns still like the origins of the Ackerman and the remaining titan powers.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
hello darkness my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

..............................................................................................................................................................................................
Anyone has bleach for the eyes?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Now where is Tidus's laugh when you need it?

That would be my reaction to this millennial pandering mess of a film.
Try J.K Simmons as Jonah Jameson laughing and then asking if someone's serious. I think that would fit that movie mess of an idea.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The only way I can see Sony getting worse is making a movie all about Word fonts.

Not even Sans or Papyrus would save that camel stool.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The thing that pisses me off most about Emojimovie is that you know some idiot's gonna say Wreck-It Ralph 2 ripped it off, since it comes out a year later, has Ralph traveling the Internet, and has a similar aesthetic.

Of course, Wreck-It Ralph 2's actually gonna be good, so it has that going for it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Y'know, I just realized that i've owned every single Nintendo console and handheld with the exception of the NES.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Day 10: One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater

Is he purple, or are the people he eats?

Go to number 201, and bring a frog...
To find tomorrow's slow waltz song.

Yeah, I screwed up yesterday's puzzle.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
The thing that pisses me off most about Emojimovie is that you know some idiot's gonna say Wreck-It Ralph 2 ripped it off, since it comes out a year later, has Ralph traveling the Internet, and has a similar aesthetic.

Of course, Wreck-It Ralph 2's actually gonna be good, so it has that going for it.
Well, the first movie was good. The video game cameos were not the focus, but added to the Wreck-It-Ralph movie. I hope the second does well, too. If the first movie showed off a video game character, it's undeniable of the said character's icon status or at least it's a "glad to see you back" moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom