• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Who put politics in my Senran Kagura?

Because this is perfect. I've always imagined her as Donald Trump.

D

Deleted member

Well the thing is, Empoleon has the typing I've always wished Blastoise had. Super defensive typing

Torterra is a grass type with a VAST coverage, despite being slow he's very useful in game. Earthquake, Wood Hammer, Stone Edge, Super Power - compare that with Serperior who only gets Normal and Grass attacks. Plus he's a turtle/ nodosaurus
Leech Seed/Toxic/Leaf Blade/Protect
My Serperior used this set for most of my White Nuzlocke and not only survived by the end but soloed Iris by himself
It takes some time to set up but Serperior is a great Pokemon, just because it doesn't get good coverage doesn't mean its bad
The mermaid would have actually been fantastic if only it did not have the circus design aspect from the start.

Literally the only thing I dont like about that whole evolution line. I hate it.
There's literally no circus theme in Popplio, people just interpreted things wrong and now are complaining their expectations weren't met
Serebii says the upcoming Pokémon demo will be 400 MB (3,100 blocks) to download.
*looks over my 2GB SD card with Conquest*
Guess it's time to buy a new one
So someone seems to have the demo's code, and are datamining it:
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/28929345

So far nothing major, but it seems torracat gets tough claws as it's HA.
WAIT, WHAT? HOW?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh my, someone recolored Dartrix.

This should be the shiny colors.
Leech Seed/Toxic/Leaf Blade/Protect
My Serperior used this set for most of my White Nuzlocke and not only survived by the end but soloed Iris by himself
It takes some time to set up but Serperior is a great Pokemon, just because it doesn't get good coverage doesn't mean its bad

There's literally no circus theme in Popplio, people just interpreted things wrong and now are complaining their expectations weren't met

*looks over my 2GB SD card with Conquest*
Guess it's time to buy a new one

WAIT, WHAT? HOW?
It seems they got ahold of the bin code or something like that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So.
Who's come to embrace the world before us?
*raises hand*

I stuck with Fennekin before this and I'm likely to stick with Litten now. Not because I have any loyalty to Fire types, but because I already made my choice and I don't see any reason to drop it yet.

Of course, it'll probably just end up with the "popular" final evo being in Smash again or something while my choice gets called "ugly," but at least in this case I look like I'm going to be setting up for a hilarious type advantage against the likely popular choice and some fun wrestling ham.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wrestler Litten may be in my future.

"Khan" has a nice ring!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

This is my reaction to the fact that a Kirby is Gay theory exists. It's best not to say who's responsible for it since we all remember his other ridiculous theories.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Kinda late to the party, but after some thinking I like the 3 evos.

Dartrix looks cute even if it made Team Rowlet lose some points for me because the hair.
Brionne has some special eyes and I like its overall jollyness.
Torracat further convinces me to pick Litten, because Im sure it will evolve into MIKE.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What do you guys think about Chesnaught?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

This is my reaction to the fact that a Kirby is Gay theory exists. It's best not to say who's responsible for it since we all remember his other ridiculous theories.
I. . .

I don't even think he's old enough that something like that would even occur to him.

One of the Kirby 64 GIFs I saw around here had him blush when kissed by a girl, but that counts as a completely different reason why it's wrong itself and I highly doubt he's old enough for anything more than an emotional reaction.

Burruni

Smash Hero
The design is cool. Especially after Quilladin looking like a bootleg Crash Bandicoot design.
Grass/Fighting is a type I'm not that fond of because I prefer my grass types on the special side for the most part, and god that quad weakneses to flying is glaring to me.
Spiky Shield is suuuuuch a bad unique move to me.
I honestly like it more than Delphox in design and all but its the wekaest line of Kalos.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still can't believe people already have the data for the demo that was announced just today. But there's no way we'll get EVERYTHING about the full game looking at the past:

ΩR/αS Special Demo: 2,000 blocks
ΩR/αS Full Game: 15,000 blocks

Sun/Moon Demo: 3,100 blocks

At least the Sun/Moon demo is bigger than ΩR/αS demo.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
He's my fav of the three. Much better than that fox mixed with a grandma. He was also fairly unique design wise.

Though overall the starters last gen were kinda meh. Imo not the worst, but certainly not the best.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Out of curiosity, what exactly is it you guys all have against Delphox? Is there something wrong with having a witch-like fox pokemon that's fire and psychic?

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm still can't believe people already have the data for the demo that was announced just today. But there's no way we'll get EVERYTHING about the full game looking at the past:

ΩR/αS Special Demo: 2,000 blocks
ΩR/αS Full Game: 15,000 blocks

Sun/Moon Demo: 3,100 blocks

At least the Sun/Moon demo is bigger than ΩR/αS demo.
But like the ORAS demo, we're likely to get a LOT of models dug out

Edit:
Out of curiosity, what exactly is it you guys all have against Delphox? Is there something wrong with having a witch-like fox pokemon that's fire and psychic?
The more hag-like design was a disappointment to me.
Not that I wanted a "fox gardevoir" or some kind of waifumon so to speak.
But Sakuyamon set a high bar for a similar thing.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Eh...

I like the concept, but something about the execution doesn't quite gel with me. Something about the super long limbs, the posture... It's not my favorite.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Chestnaught is a ****ing tank with great defense and attack. Spiky Shield is ok, but a great way of stopping the more devastating pshyical attacks from hitting him (especially Zen Headbutt). The only problem is fighting Delphox or any Flying type.

At least that;s what I think of my spiky juggernaught.

D

Deleted member

I have thousands of nickname ideas for Rowlett, one for Litten and none for Popplio aka who I actually have to name
I'm probably gonna end up name mine after one of my EO OCs

Also, I've been thinking of ideas for the starters' signature moves, Rowlett's will probably have something to do with arrows and Popplio's with the water balloons, though I can't think of anything for Litten
I'll put the ideas I have here
Leaf Rain
Type: Grass
BP: 90
Accuracy: --
Physical
A barrage of leaf arrows are shot upwards towards the sky and fall down on the opposing Pokemon at the end of the second turn after this move is used. This move cannot miss. Will hit Pokemon in the state Fly or Sky Drop.

Water Balloon
Type: Water
BP: 60
Accuracy: 100
Special
The opposing Pokemon is trapped in a water bubble and cannot act while trapped, during this Pokemon's next turn, the bubble will burst and deal damage. If the trapped Pokemon is hit by a Physical move, the attack will deal 1.5x damage and the trapped Pokemon will be freed.
He was my first ever Pokemon in a Nuzlocke, so I have some appreciation for the guy
Strong and bulky is everything you need in a Nuzlocke so he was just perfect coupled with his good coverage and koves like Wood Hanmer and Superpower
And Spiky Shield is SO good, being able to deal some damage, even if minimal while being protected can be a life saver sometimes

D

Deleted member

Is it three months old with around 60 views? That's the only one I could find.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Favorite starters from each generation? Very well.

Generation 1: Blastoise, Charizard and Venasaur tied
Generation 2: They are all equal to me
Generation 3: Swampert, Blaziken, Sceptile
Generation 4: They are all equal to me, though I prefer Empoleon a bit more due to my water starter bias.
Generation 5: Samurott, Serperior, Emboar
Generation 6: Greninja, Chesnaught, Delphox
Generation 7: Entermaid and Robinroot at the top, Beltigre at the bottom

New discussion relevant to today's announcements...
Top 5 Starter Middle Stages

5-Monferno
4-Bayleef
3-Quilava
2-Grovyle
1-Frogadier
1- Marshtomp
2 - Braixen
3 - Grovyle
4 - Dewott
5 - Bayleef

I prefer Chesnaught to Delphox, though Greninja still tops both of them for me. I also like it's signature move. Other than that, that's about it for my opinion on the Pokemon.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What I really like about Fox, and Falco is that most clone/semi-clone characters of the original in fighting games are either more of a stronger/offence type or just a polar opposite of the original characters playstyle, this is not the case with Falco since instead of him being a stronger variant of fox (Since fox is a "Speedy" type of character), he is instead an All-Around character (Despite having stronger moves in comparision to Fox). Not only that but he's also a Unique All-Around character by being great in the air. I also like that Corrin is unique since he's also an All-Around character that quite focuses on range more than other all-around characters.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Design-wise he looks really cool. I'd prefer if his standard coloring was more akin to his shiny but other than that very solid design.
Usage wise... I can't really say too much since I haven't used him that much. From what little experience I have gotten with him though has been very good. Great physical tank as long as you keep him away from Flying types. My only real issue is the same I have with Emboar: a lack of decent Fighting type moves via level up, and the only damaging Fighting type move he can get that isn't until level 60. Thankfully I found the Low Sweep TM or else he'd be without a Fighting STAB for far longer than he needs to.

:094:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Let me guess, a Meta Knight x Kirby shipper had something to do with it?

EDIT: Oh, definitely a Game Theory fan trying to make his own subpar theories.

D

Deleted member

Yes.

And how did I fail to see that MatPatt had nothing to do with it? :facepalm:
LMFAO, I was about to say, the video is just mocking theory vids such as MattPat's, after watching it. Its not even serious.

Though to be fair, some people's theories can be so dumb I legimitely believed that someone unironically made a "Kirby is gay" video. :p That's dissapointing to me, I actually like to listen to bad theories and bad stuff in general.

D

Deleted member

Design-wise he looks really cool. I'd prefer if his standard coloring was more akin to his shiny but other than that very solid design.
Usage wise... I can't really say too much since I haven't used him that much. From what little experience I have gotten with him though has been very good. Great physical tank as long as you keep him away from Flying types. My only real issue is the same I have with Emboar: a lack of decent Fighting type moves via level up, and the only damaging Fighting type move he can get that isn't until level 60. Thankfully I found the Low Sweep TM or else he'd be without a Fighting STAB for far longer than he needs to.

:094:
Late level up moves aren'f really an issue in Gen 5 and 6 with TMs being infinite and "late" not being late(60s in XY is around 8th gym while that is postgame in HGSS)
By the time you get Quilladin to evolve you already have Power-Up Punch and Low Sweep TMs
And then he gets Hamner Arm and Superpower via level up...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Want to hear a good theory?

Galacta Knight is Meta Knight's father from another dimension. He's secretly the ruler of that said dimension after defeating every powerful warrior there, including King Galactus and Galaxy.

Just a silly headcanon I've made since Super Star Ultra.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Here's my Favorite Starters from left to right, although just to remind, it doesn't mean that the ones on the right are low on my Overall Favorite Pokemon List. But anyway:

Kanto: Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur.
Johto: Feraligator, Typlosion, Meganium.
Hoenn: Blaziken, Sceptile, Swampert.
Sinnoh: Empoleon, Torterra, Infernape.
Unova: Samurott, Serperior, Emboar.
Kalos: Greninja, Chesnaught, Delphox.
Alola(If the concept arts are real): Robinroot, Entermaid, Beltiger.

Chrono.

Was the finale that good? Most of the night bored me and I missed the main event.

RIP

also wtf is with teasing me with Kane right off the bat ,only to have him not have a match
:061:
It was very promo heavy, but pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom