• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So Amazon is listing Paper Mario: Color Splash as a "Standard Edition"

I'm scared what that could mean.
Special editions with pre-order bonuses, I'd assume.

Heh, people wanted Nintendo to keep with the times... Well, be careful with what you wish for.

Everything has its good and bad sides, after all.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I haven't been able to exercise the last few days because of illness and I can feel the muscles I've been working on for the last few months withering away to nothing

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Okay, might as well try and throw in a thread of my own:

What do y'all think of Streetpass Mii Plaza and its games?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Aaron, you've gone too far, don't tease us like this.
I wonder if that has storyboards for that suggested scene from SA2 where Sonic would have to choose between having to save civilians on a boat set to bomb, or just legging it out of there.

And other such scenarios, since SA2 was originally gonna have branching paths in the story.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I name all my computer's the same thing, and I just learned that's probably not a good idea

Because when you have a problem linked to multiple devices and they are all NAMED the same thing...

I wonder if that has storyboards for that suggested scene from SA2 where Sonic would have to choose between having to save civilians on a boat set to bomb, or just legging it out of there.

And other such scenarios, since SA2 was originally gonna have branching paths in the story.
So, it was going to be Shadow the Hedgehog?

And LOL at Sonic just running away while people die

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I don't know if it's been said on this thread already, but Teddy Together isn't a new Nintendo IP, it's just a game a la Professor Layton/Bravely Default, merely edited by Nintendo. The Teddy Together franchise is from Namco and has been around on the 3DS for a good while now.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

I mean, they're interesting ideas, it's just that they're not really something I'd pay money for. 'cept the fishing one i like fishing a lot never tried it, tho

I mean, you see someone arrive in your gate just DECKED out in fancy **** and I'm just like "That's nice." I mean, the only reason I play Streetpass is for Puzzle Swap, honestly. But for the other games.... Not worth it to me.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Sonic leaving civilians on a boat set to bomb is very uncharacteristic.
Though I can't help but laugh at the idea.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe that's why they switched the branching paths to Shadow the Hedgehog

He might leave people to die

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Maybe that's why they switched the branching paths to Shadow the Hedgehog

He might leave people to die
Which is more in-character for Shadow since he's more violent. Sonic is fine with destroying robots, but not fully living beings(of flesh and blood). Best he did to some of the "demons" or similar type of things like Chaos is defeat them temporarily. I think there were small exceptions, but I never finished Unleashed, so I don't know the exact ending. I do know he doesn't kill in general. Shadow was born and raised on a military base, so it's reasonable he has less issues with violence and killing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic leaving civilians on a boat set to bomb is very uncharacteristic.
Though I can't help but laugh at the idea.
IIRC it wasn't a real scenario they had planned for the game, it was just a random suggestion Yuji Naka made to explain the branching path idea.

I think it was probably gonna be more Star Fox like than Shadow the Hedgehog, though. Like how you can ignore Cornerian fleets being attacked, but doing so brings you to one level. Saving them all brings you to another. Less a case of morality, and more a case of "well if you mess up you're going the loser route".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Aaron, you've gone too far, don't tease us like this.
Why do I have a feeling this is going to lead to the bi game being SA3? Which matches those supposed leaked videos, but I don't find them to likely.

The plaza is fun and nice side things.

The buyable games are really underated. They are tons of fun. Ultimate angler is pretty good as is the zombie one.

I have been waiting to get the Ridley badge from Badge arcade ever since it was first revealed and every time it has shown up was when I was in college (meaning no wifi)

It's back again. It leaves after tomorrow. I got the 10 for a free play, and I managed to get the super bonus

4 chances. 1 badge. I better not **** up.

EDIT
GOTTAM

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Why do I have a feeling this is going to lead to the bi game being SA3? Which matches those supposed leaked videos, but I don't find them to likely.
Those videos have actually been proven fake.
Notice anything similar?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Slayer weapons need to be nerfed tbh

Haitaka could probably solo this map if I wanted
I have been waiting to get the Ridley badge from Badge arcade ever since it was first revealed and every time it has shown up was when I was in college (meaning no wifi)

It's back again. It leaves after tomorrow. I got the 10 for a free play, and I managed to get the super bonus

4 chances. 1 badge. I better not **** up.

EDIT
GOTTAM
THERE'S A RIDLEY BADGE?
*3DS is charging*
You'll be mine in 5 hours...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I ended up getting some support conversations between Hinoka and Takumi earlier, and it pretty much convinced me that Hinoka is one of the most tragic characters in this game if you side with Nohr.

In the support conversations with Takumi, for SOME angsty reason, he is utterly convinced that Hinoka doesn't give two ****s about him. As in, he literally tells her that she wouldn't care if he died.

Even though she is right there trying to save his life.

So if you side with Nohr, not only are you leaving the sister who cried for months over losing you, tried to run away from home as a kid to go to Nohr and save you despite being terrified of the danger, and joined the military for the SOLE purpose of hoping that it might lead her to re-uniting with you even if it's on the battlefield...

...but you're also leaving her with this angsty little ***** for a brother who is 100% sure that she doesn't care for him, even though she is literally one of the most tender and loving and protective sisters a guy could ask for who wants nothing less than the best for him, and is willing to slit the throat of anyone who dares lay a finger on him and hurt him. No matter what she does, he will throw it back in her face.

Then Ryoma is too busy being leader of the army for there to really be much personal communication.

She's really only got Sakura if you side with Nohr, and even then, it's more Hinoka trying to be strong for her rather than anyone trying to heal her broken heart.

Seriously, #ProtectHinoka.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
meanwhile for you guilty gear fans it seems robo ky and baiken will be appearing in the story

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Finally got to read the latest issue of the Haunted Mansion comic and I'm so happy right now.
The Hatbox Ghost has a huge role in this issue! :D He's great! This also makes it, IIRC, the first official Disney thing to characterize the Hatbox Ghost, which is neat as all hell.

And I mean he even gets his share of neat lines!

Hatbox Ghost panel.png
So happy.

Paging KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms as well, for obvious reasons. :p

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Maybe a game where you catch the Statue of Liberty and three headed eagles that are made out of flags and shoot fireworks would be more popular in the U.S. Or a game with cyborg velociraptors and soldiers physically made out of guns. And something that has a western artstyle and an M rating tacked onto it.
On a Nintendo handheld? M rated western style games don't typically do nearly as well on Nintendo consoles in comparison to Playstation and XBox consoles.

D

Deleted member

I ended up getting some support conversations between Hinoka and Takumi earlier, and it pretty much convinced me that Hinoka is one of the most tragic characters in this game if you side with Nohr.

In the support conversations with Takumi, for SOME angsty reason, he is utterly convinced that Hinoka doesn't give two ****s about him. As in, he literally tells her that she wouldn't care if he died.

Even though she is right there trying to save his life.

So if you side with Nohr, not only are you leaving the sister who cried for months over losing you, tried to run away from home as a kid to go to Nohr and save you despite being terrified of the danger, and joined the military for the SOLE purpose of hoping that it might lead her to re-uniting with you even if it's on the battlefield...

...but you're also leaving her with this angsty little ***** for a brother who is 100% sure that she doesn't care for him, even though she is literally one of the most tender and loving and protective sisters a guy could ask for who wants nothing less than the best for him, and is willing to slit the throat of anyone who dares lay a finger on him and hurt him. No matter what she does, he will throw it back in her face.

Then Ryoma is too busy being leader of the army for there to really be much personal communication.

She's really only got Sakura if you side with Nohr, and even then, it's more Hinoka trying to be strong for her rather than anyone trying to heal her broken heart.

Seriously, #ProtectHinoka.
I really hope you didn't get spoiled of Conquest's plot because there's a lot of stuff here that's Hilarious in Hindsight and it would be even funnier if it was unintentional
But still, Camilla>Ms. Not in the First Draft

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
On a Nintendo handheld? M rated western style games don't typically do nearly as well on Nintendo consoles in comparison to Playstation and XBox consoles.
That last part was a bit of a joke TBH, seeing as Codename S.T.E.A.M. had a western-inspired artstyle and that didn't exactly do super well.

Although there does seem to be a lot of mudslinging at Nintendo for not making those games in the first place on your average console war battleground, hence why I made the joke in the first place.

New Smash Bros Trailer was just released.

:yeahboi:
Well I know what my art project for the day is.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
That last part was a bit of a joke TBH, seeing as Codename S.T.E.A.M. had a western-inspired artstyle and that didn't exactly do super well.

Although there does seem to be a lot of mudslinging at Nintendo for not making those games in the first place on your average console war battleground, hence why I made the joke in the first place.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

As for the second part, well, given what I have stated, it's probably because the general gaming audience for Nintendo consoles seems to prefer cartoony, family-friendly games.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really hope you didn't get spoiled of Conquest's plot because there's a lot of stuff here that's Hilarious in Hindsight and it would be even funnier if it was unintentional
But still, Camilla>Ms. Not in the First Draft
I didn't spoil Conquest, those are just details you see in Birthright, but it's easy to see how those facts would translate into Conquest's plot even without playing it.

Things work out fine for them in Birthright because you're there to help out, but I can only imagine Hinoka is a behind the scenes train wreck in Conquest. Even if it's not shown on-screen (since I would imagine she doesn't show up much in Conquest), the fact these points are revealed in Birthright and are set in stone by the time the Branch of Fate happens, means Hinoka must be an off-screen emotional wreck.

Unless they did something awful with the writing in Conquest.

I keep hearing Conquest's plot and writing is terrible.

Also Camilla is meh-tacular from what I've seen so far.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Those videos have actually been proven fake.
Notice anything similar?
I heard about it, but didn't know it was proven indefinitely.

Finally got to read the latest issue of the Haunted Mansion comic and I'm so happy right now.
The Hatbox Ghost has a huge role in this issue! :D He's great! This also makes it, IIRC, the first official Disney thing to characterize the Hatbox Ghost, which is neat as all hell.

View attachment 107918
So happy.

Wait, that's a thing?

On a Side note:

Steven Universe just did a ******* Space Jam episode.

I'm Speechless.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't spoil Conquest, those are just details you see in Birthright, but it's easy to see how those facts would translate into Conquest's plot even without playing it.

Things work out fine for them in Birthright because you're there to help out, but I can only imagine Hinoka is a behind the scenes train wreck in Conquest. Even if it's not shown on-screen (since I would imagine she doesn't show up much in Conquest), the fact these points are revealed in Birthright and are set in stone by the time the Branch of Fate happens, means Hinoka must be an off-screen emotional wreck.

Unless they did something awful with the writing in Conquest.

I keep hearing Conquest's plot and writing is terrible.

Also Camilla is meh-tacular from what I've seen so far.
That's not what I meant though
Takumi's insecurity and angst leads to him being possessed by Anankos
And Hinoka does end up only having Sakura since the other two die
Yeah, Conquest's writing is terrible, the story starts out nice but then Chapter 15 happens(the Endgame chapters are good story-wise but they only happen because of the terrible writing)

Camilla has some hidden depths though, if you plan to play Conquest, you'll see she's much more than a fanservicey Hinoka
She's also a great unit and Chapter 10 would be impossible without her

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I heard about it, but didn't know it was proven indefinitely.

Wait, that's a thing?

On a Side note:

Steven Universe just did a ******* Space Jam episode.

I'm Speechless.
Of course it's a thing. :p

It's actually a line of comics Disney's been putting out through Marvel about their various Park attractions in short five-issue runs, known as the Disney Kingdoms series. The order so far has been Seekers of the Weird (based on their unused concept for the Museum of the Weird), Figment (based on Journey into Imagination), Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Figment 2, and now The Haunted Mansion, all in one cohesive universe. Tons of Disney references throughout, too. One of my favorites is this gem from The Haunted Mansion:
You should see what we do for Christmas. It's a real nightmare!
I'm hoping they do Jungle Cruise or, somehow, Pirates of the Caribbean after Haunted Mansion's done. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's not what I meant though
Takumi's insecurity and angst leads to him being possessed by Anankos
And Hinoka does end up only having Sakura since the other two die
Yeah, Conquest's writing is terrible, the story starts out nice but then Chapter 15 happens(the Endgame chapters are good story-wise but they only happen because of the terrible writing)

Camilla has some hidden depths though, if you plan to play Conquest, you'll see she's much more than a fanservicey Hinoka
She's also a great unit and Chapter 10 would be impossible without her
My problem with Camilla isn't the fan-service since this game has plenty of it for literally any kind of reasonable human tastes, what with the variety of characters in combination with the romancing.

My problem is:

I'm literally on the Chapter where you have to fight her in Cheve in Birthright, and she just goes full yandere.

Like if she has hidden depths, I think it should be shown a little in Birthright too, rather than literally going into "IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU THEN NOBODY CAN" mode. I dunno, it makes any affection she might have had for you feel like a ruse, especially when she says she's happy for you right before saying this.

Maybe this is just a spot of bad writing in Birthright, but in any case, I really think she shouldn't have been reduced to this in Birthright if there is more to her in Conquest. It's a terrible first impression for anyone playing Birthright who might plan to play Conquest later (which I plan to because I got the Special Edition so I should make the most of it).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Of course it's a thing. :p

It's actually a line of comics Disney's been putting out through Marvel about their various Park attractions in short five-issue runs, known as the Disney Kingdoms series. The order so far has been Seekers of the Weird (based on their unused concept for the Museum of the Weird), Figment (based on Journey into Imagination), Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Figment 2, and now The Haunted Mansion, all in one cohesive universe. Tons of Disney references throughout, too. One of my favorites is this gem from The Haunted Mansion:

I'm hoping they do Jungle Cruise or, somehow, Pirates of the Caribbean after Haunted Mansion's done. :p
Ah, I did not know this. It's an interesting take for a comic series. Not one I'd expect them to do.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

View attachment 107918
So happy.

I heard of this comic a couple months ago. I've been wanting to read them for a while.

Glad to see the Hatbox Ghost is becoming such a big part of the Haunted Mansion. Disneyland has an absolutely rich history.

D

Deleted member

My problem with Camilla isn't the fan-service since this game has plenty of it for literally any kind of reasonable human tastes, what with the variety of characters in combination with the romancing.

My problem is:

I'm literally on the Chapter where you have to fight her in Cheve in Birthright, and she just goes full yandere.

Like if she has hidden depths, I think it should be shown a little in Birthright too, rather than literally going into "IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU THEN NOBODY CAN" mode. I dunno, it makes any affection she might have had for you feel like a ruse, especially when she says she's happy for you right before saying this.

Maybe this is just a spot of bad writing in Birthright, but in any case, I really think she shouldn't have been reduced to this in Birthright if there is more to her in Conquest. It's a terrible first impression for anyone playing Birthright who might plan to play Conquest later (which I plan to because I got the Special Edition so I should make the most of it).
She goes Yandere mode because of the shock of having Corrin betray her and Nohr
All of the Nohrian siblings suffer from Corrin's decision such as Elise being clearly depressed in the Nestra chapter and you'll see Leo and Xander in the next chapters

Conquest doesn't do much to the Hoshido siblings besides Takumi, Ryoma and Hinoka appear in two chapters, one of which has Ryoma being a complete **** and the other has one of the few good post-Chapter 15 scenes and Hinoka is just... there, and Sakura shows up in one which I guess I was supposed to feel sorry for her
Also, Camilla shows up more later on, I dunno if they explore more of that in those chapters but you should wait and see before judging

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She goes Yandere mode because of the shock of having Corrin betray her and Nohr
All of the Nohrian siblings suffer from Corrin's decision such as Elise being clearly depressed in the Nestra chapter and you'll see Leo and Xander in the next chapters

Conquest doesn't do much to the Hoshido siblings besides Takumi, Ryoma and Hinoka appear in two chapters, one of which has Ryoma being a complete **** and the other has one of the few good post-Chapter 15 scenes and Hinoka is just... there, and Sakura shows up in one which I guess I was supposed to feel sorry for her
Also, Camilla shows up more later on, I dunno if they explore more of that in those chapters but you should wait and see before judging
Well of course they're going to suffer from the decision but having Camilla go full yandere was just the wrong way to go about it IMO. I feel like they did that for fan service because everyone expected her to be one before Fates released and it comes off as comical and I can't take it seriously.

I'm sure there's more to her down the line but it's like I said, it's a terrible first impression. And first impressions are important.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The more I think about it, the more I do remember it as "Barenstain" rather than Barenstein"

So, either I've been brainwashed or I'm from universe "A" rather than universe "E"

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I heard of this comic a couple months ago. I've been wanting to read them for a while.

Glad to see the Hatbox Ghost is becoming such a big part of the Haunted Mansion. Disneyland has an absolutely rich history.
You know, I was wondering what your signature was for the longest time. Glad to know now, I guess.

Holy **** my phone went absolutely crazy claiming it's considered criminal and ****. Luckily, I know bull**** when Avast sees it. The nerve some people have on the internet
Huh. Didn't know phones could actually get viruses. Then again I don't know much about phones in general, I barely ever use mine... But still, viruses are just horrible. Glad you at least had an antivirus for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom