• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just got on Birthright Chapter 22, after this chapter, I'm probably going to grind supports to get the children and their paralogues, the only ones I have now are Dwyer and Kana
On that note, Dwyer makes for a great Dragon Vein popper with his high Mov and since I already have 3 other healers, I don't use him that much for anything else
I'm going for TakumiXOboro and SakuraXHayato, dunno about Azura and Felicia and all the other females are benched
So, considering only the kids, who should I pair up with who?
TakumiXOboro and SakuraXHayato are already really good pairings. Oboro!Kiragi will get some great growths all round, while Sakura!Rhajat has the best growths compared to Felicia!Rhajat and Orochi!Rhajat. You can also pass down useful skills like Miracle or Renewal to Rhajat, and Kiragi can also inherit Rend Heaven.

Azura makes a great mom for Midori. She gives her nice mods in Skill and Speed, as well as a decent Resistance boost. She can also pass down Miracle to Midori if Azura achieves an A+ Support with Sakura and gets that skill from the Shrine Maiden, and Miracle is an excellent ability for Midori due to her high luck stat and personal skill. Luck +4 is another good ability for Azura to pass down, because the higher the luck, the better you'll make the most out of her personal skill. Mozu also makes a fantastic mom for Midori since she too gives Midori good Skill and Speed mods. She can also pass down Quick Draw or Bowfaire, which are both useful for Midori's Merchant class.

Felicia works well with either Saizo or Azama. Much like his father, Asugi has good Magic growths, and Felicia makes him very dangerous with the Flame Shuriken. Personally, I prefer pairing Azama with Felicia. Live to Serve is a great skill to pass down if you want to keep Mitama as a Priestess, not to mention Felicia provides some good mods to Mitama's Speed and Resistance while giving a small boost in Strength, Luck, Skill, and Defense. It also allows Mitama to have solid Strength and Magic overall. On a side note, Azama and Felicia's support conversations are one of the best for the former because it is one of the few times where Azama isn't a jerk for the entirety of the support.

As for the other females you benched, Kagero and Setsuna are generally great moms for any physical children. Kagero works great with Ryoma, Azama, Saizo, Kaden, and Hinata because she gives the highest Strength mod compared to the other females.
  • Kagero!Shiro will hit like a truck and can have skills such as Lethality or Duplicate
  • Kagero makes a great mom for Mitama if you want to reclass her into a more physical class than Priestess.
  • If you want to focus more on Strength for Asugi, then Kagero works pretty well for him
  • Selkie gains some decent kill-power with an improved Strength mod and Lethality as an inherited skill
  • Hisame can inherit skills like Lethality, Duplicate, and Death Blow (from Hinata's secondary class); he can also gains a strong Strength mod in addition to a decent Defense and Resistance mod
Setsuna works really well for Selkie. Her mods work the best for her. Azura also does a good job at that for the same reasons as Setsuna does. Kaden also has some great support conversations with the two of them if you are interested.

Hisame works best when his mother is either Hinoka or Hana. Both give him solid Strength and Defense while not hurting his Defense too much. Hinoka can also pass down Rend Heaven to him because of her secondary class. Setsuna also makes a good mother for the mods (Strength, Speed, and Defense come to mind)

Much like Hisame, Sophie's best moms are either Hana or Hinoka. Both pass down very good mods in Strength, Skill, and Speed. Hinoka!Sophie can potentially gain Rend Heaven, while Hana!Sophie can utilize skills like Astra, Vantage, or Swordfaire.

Caeldori's best mom tends to be Hinoka, mainly because that's where her growths truly shine. This also gives her access to Dragon Veins, and this is pretty useful for similar to reasons to your Dwyer because of Caeldori's high mobility. Don't forget she can inherit skills from Hinoka's secondary class.

Going back to Asugi, Orochi also works very well for similar to reasons to Felicia. She gives Asugi pretty good Magic growths that allow him to make use of both his Strength and Magic stats.

Rinkah is probably the best mom for Shiro. Great stat mods all around, allows Shiro to hit very hard, keeps Shiro's defense in shape, and can pass down very useful skills like Lancebreaker or Death Blow.

So all together, the pairings I recommend are:

Kaze x Azura
Kaze x Mozu
Ryoma x Rinkah
Ryoma x Kagero
Azama x Kagero
Azama x Felicia
Saizo x Felicia
Saizo x Orochi
Saizo x Kagero
Hinata x Hinoka
Hinata x Hana
Hinata x Setsuna
Hinata x Kagero
Kaden x Setsuna
Kaden x Azura
Kaden x Kagero
Subaki x Hinoka
Silas x Hinoka
Silas x Hana

And the pairings to keep:
Takumi x Oboro
Hayato x Sakura

You can pick and choose from there and see which works best. Hope this helped.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
>Lyndis
>Ninja
I am triggered
And now you know how I feel when people call Takamaru a ninja. He's a goddamned samurai and it's obvious that the ninjas ARE his enemies.

I blame Nintendo Land and a certain trophy error in Smash 3DS for this.

D

Deleted member

Here's the issue.
Anna's a likable character.
>Takumi
>Not an enjoyable character
Someone here either hasn't played Fates or has ****taste
And now you know how I feel when people call Takamaru a ninja. He's a goddamned samurai and it's obvious that the ninjas ARE his enemies.

But Takamaru IS a Ninja!
Well, a Master Ninja to be precise, what other class can wield Katanas AND Shuriken?
I'm speaking from the perspective of anti FE-s, so Ninja Marth was the best option
At least call her "I'm just here for the tutorial but I'm gonna stick through the main story too because why not?" Marth

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

When your mini game is called Takamaru's Ninja Castle, casuals and kids are bound to call him one when you clearly see that your Mii is dressed in SAMURAI styled clothing.

Plus, he always threw throwing knives in the original over shirukens (which were obviously borrowed from a certain Wii U tech demo).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
>Takumi
>Not an enjoyable character
Someone here either hasn't played Fates or has ****taste

But Takamaru IS a Ninja!
Well, a Master Ninja to be precise, what other class can wield Katanas AND Shuriken?

At least call her "I'm just here for the tutorial but I'm gonna stick through the main story too because why not?" Marth
>Takumi
>Likeable
BOI YOU HAVE **** TASTE

Lyndis is actually still useful. Best bow user before Fates made bows good

D

Deleted member

>Takumi
>Likeable
BOI YOU HAVE **** TASTE

Lyndis is actually still useful. Best bow user before Fates made bows good
Someone can't appreciate Taco Meat it seems
It's okay, i already knew you had ****taste

>Using Bows on Lyn
>Ever
Yes, because she clearly needs that 2 range when her job is to sit on the middle of the enemy lines, dodge everything and crit back

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Lol, this Takumi and Anna exchange reminds me of the time we rated Takumi in the RTC thread roughly two months ago.

And I prefer the Fujin Yumi pro to the money-crazed chick.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
When your mini game is called Takamaru's Ninja Castle, casuals and kids are bound to call him one when you clearly see that your Mii is dressed in SAMURAI styled clothing.

Plus, he always threw throwing knives in the original over shirukens (which were obviously borrowed from a certain Wii U tech demo).
Which reminds me, his Assist Trophy use the Windmill Swords as his main attack. Perhaps knives are forbidden to use in Smash, but Bayonetta freely using firearms unlike Snake contradicts that a little. Just a minor observation.

But Takamaru IS a Ninja!
Well, a Master Ninja to be precise, what other class can wield Katanas AND Shrunken?
Now I want to see Takamaru appear in Fire Emblem.

Oh wait, then people would mistake him for another Fire Emblem rep. :glare:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Someone can't appreciate Taco Meat it seems
It's okay, i already knew you had ****taste

>Using Bows on Lyn
>Ever
Yes, because she clearly needs that 2 range when her job is to sit on the middle of the enemy lines, dodge everything and crit back
Takumi's an asshole. If you join his side 'UR NAWT MAH REEEEEEEEL FAM'
Join Nohr, 'AAAAAAH KNEWS IT! UR A FILTHY *insert racism here*'
It's fun double critting bosses, and Lyn's gonna dodge them anyway

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Ninjas and samurai were never actually enemies. It was even common for some samurai to take missions as "ninja" where stealth would be more important. Ninjato were never a thing either, they all just used katana.

I like random trivia.

D

Deleted member

Takumi's an *******. If you join his side 'UR NAWT MAH REEEEEEEEL FAM'
Read his supports and then come back

Lyn will crit easier with a Killing Edge tho
And she's an Enemy Phase unit, bows are pointless for her

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Takumi's an *******. If you join his side 'UR NAWT MAH REEEEEEEEL FAM'
Takumi actually apologizes for his actions in Chapter 5 when you complete Birthright Chapter 10 and pretty much gains your trust from then on, while in Conquest, Takumi completely redeems himself in the endgame when Corrin was in the "afterlife" for a short period of time.

Oh, and Takumi has very well-written supports that help flesh out his character.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Read his supports and then come back

Lyn will crit easier with a Killing Edge tho
And she's an Enemy Phase unit, bows are pointless for her
Still an asshole. I don't like Hinoka, but Takumi goes 'U HATE MEHH EN I WANNA MAEK U FEEL POOPY' to her. That's awful

But then you realize that she draws the enemies closer, so you can get EXP for other units

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And now PushDustIn should rename this the #BlameTakumi thread as of now.

Takumi did nothing wrong they said. Takumi had always loved Corrin they said. :troll:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Watch for spoiler/spoiler hints guys. Not everyone's played Fates yet.

Ninjas and samurai were never actually enemies. It was even common for some samurai to take missions as "ninja" where stealth would be more important. Ninjato were never a thing either, they all just used katana.

I like random trivia.
Er, it would be very unlikely that anyone not a Samurai carried a katana.

That's like carrying someone else's medical certificate around. Not a real doctor? You're going to get in big trouble.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Still an *******. I don't like Hinoka, but Takumi goes 'U HATE MEHH EN I WANNA MAEK U FEEL POOPY' to her. That's awful

But then you realize that she draws the enemies closer, so you can get EXP for other units
He's just Tsundere though
Unfortunately, I kinda wanted someone that didn't suck on Corrin's(figurative) ****

Oh yes, let's leave the Dodge Tank completely vulnerable, that always works
Wait, who?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Do you guys know if Pokemon Go will add Trainer Battles in a future update?
I honestly don't see the point in having powerful Pokemon right now, Gyms are very boring and kinda useless.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Still an *******. I don't like Hinoka, but Takumi goes 'U HATE MEHH EN I WANNA MAEK U FEEL POOPY' to her. That's awful
The reason Takumi snaps out like that is because of his inferiority complex. Being the middle child, he thinks he feels inferior to his older siblings and Corrin.

I actually liked that support mainly for the A-level. There were moments in my life where I was expressive just like Takumi was because I felt inferior to others, and I had friends and colleagues who had to give me a serious talk similar to what Hinoka does to him in the A support. Thus, I could relate to him at that moment.

And I can go on and on why else I relate to Takumi so much.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do you guys know if Pokemon Go will add Trainer Battles in a future update?
I honestly don't see the point in having powerful Pokemon right now, Gyms are very boring and kinda useless.
It's suppose to, but we have no word on when it will happen.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh hey Sully! Don't remember her showing up in one of the Awakening cutscenes
What were we talking about again?
We were both trying to prove why Takumi is actually an awesome character (a.k.a. best written character in the game) and not a rotten pineapple.

D

Deleted member

It's not like Hinoka is the new Kellam or anything. Nope, not at all. :troll:

How dare you use my waifu against me?
No seriously what the **** is a Hinoka?
We were both trying to prove why Takumi is actually an awesome character (a.k.a. best written character in the game) and not a rotten pineapple.
Nah, that's Forrest
And then Shura
And then Jakob
And then Xander
And the-- well, you get the idea

Chrono.

So is Corrin FE's Kirito because aside from a few, everyone in-universe seems to love them.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
No seriously what the **** is a Hinoka?

Nah, that's Forrest
And then Shura
And then Jakob
And then Xander
And the-- well, you get the idea
I'd put Takumi above Jakob and Xander, while I'd tie Kiragi with Forrest (I equally like them both), but that's just me.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Er, it would be very unlikely that anyone not a Samurai carried a katana.

That's like carrying someone else's medical certificate around. Not a real doctor? You're going to get in big trouble.
Ninja were also not your typical "clad in black" you see in traditional media. The best thing to sneak around in is, in fact, regular clothes, or what your enemy might be wearing. If a ninja had a katana, he was also dressed the part of a samurai.

If he wasn't already a samurai in the first place.

More fun facts, kunai were farming tools sharpened into stabbing weapons, and were never actually thrown. Thanks Naruto. The all black look we see today actually comes from Kabuki theatre. Stage hands would wear all black so the audience would know they weren't part of the act, but sometimes they would have one of them jump in as a "ninja" to surprise the audience.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Poor Samus, nothing more than cameo fodder in a game all about the Galactic Federation.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So is Corrin FE's Kirito because aside from a few, everyone in-universe seems to love them.
Kirito's main problems are that he's a perfect snowflake of a computer nerd who can do everything well and knows everything.

Corrin's inexperienced, naive, and tends to trust others even to his/her own detriment. He's strong, but he actually has to obtain power instead of starting out OP like Kirito. In-universe, not everyone's fawning over him/her, but all the characters have to have some sort of connection to him, lest the player's decision to marry a character comes across as forced. Azama, Beruka, and Saizo may be as close as it gets to loyal, yet maybe indifferent.

My personal impressions of Corrin tended to be positive. Corrin's "you can't always be the good guy" moment in Conquest was also a notable moment of character development.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I read an interesting tweet that Akihiro Hino could be the next Satoru Iwata. I never thought of that, but his games sure make me happy. And some of the franchises he created have been very successful.

Has Akihiro Hino always been the executive producer for all of his published franchises?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Kirito's main problems are that he's a perfect snowflake of a computer nerd who can do everything well and knows everything.

Corrin's inexperienced, naive, and tends to trust others even to his/her own detriment. He's strong, but he actually has to obtain power instead of starting out OP like Kirito. In-universe, not everyone's fawning over him/her, but all the characters have to have some sort of connection to him, lest the player's decision to marry a character comes across as forced. Azama, Beruka, and Saizo may be as close as it gets to loyal, yet maybe indifferent.

My personal impressions of Corrin tended to be positive. Corrin's "you can't always be the good guy" moment in Conquest was also a notable moment of character development.
I honestly don't get the hate behind Corri, most past users I know hated the male too because " His hair, wtf" While the girl version was a-ok

Chrono.

That's good to know then.

I was a bit concerned about him since I saw people complaining about Corrin's character, I was worried they would've been sue'd to hell (and while I didn't hate Chrom, I found him kinda bland).

D

Deleted member

Ok then. 4 more. This is fun XD.

• Lip
  • Captain Syrup
  • Daisy
  • Magnus
Some of them I kinda want some of them idc.
Lip would be rather interesting, even if she personally doesn't appeal to me. I'd love to see a puzzle based fighter, which I know I'm not going to get with Doc at this point.

Syrup isn't bland, but she is kind of boring. She comes off as a discount Eggman due to the way she combats Wario in WL2, but we've already got that sort of thing with Bowser Jr.

.....after a certain someone, I'd rather not talk about my views on Daisy. Like Waluigi, she does have potential for a creative fighting style, but considerably less so.

I used to like Magnus before Kid Icarus Uprising came out, but now he kind of disinterests me. He is someone I would say is bland and boring in context of Smash. His snark keeps him from being so in Uprising, though.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
People call every character they dislike a Sue these days, even though most of them have actual flaws (like Corrin).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom