• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I gotta wonder if this means that leak with all the other Alolan forms is real or not since it actually failed to mention Alolan Raichu being a thing and the fact that Alolan Meowth is Dark type rather then Rattata being Dark type.
It never said it was a comprehensive list of all Alolan forms.
We can wait and see.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It never said it was a comprehensive list of all Alolan forms.
We can wait and see.
It only mentioned examples, not everything we'd get. Case and point, Sandslash. Not to mention the sandcastle exists
Oh; I see. So in general, we've only received examples thus far and the fact that Alolan Sandslash and the sand castle were part of the leak and were later confirmed still means it is not dead yet?

Last edited:

Chrono.

Yeah the leaks just made general info, there WAS a small list but it was never said to be all of them.

Said small list:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Alolan Raichu is the evolution of Puka, The Pi-Kahuna

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So on NeoGaf, there's people on the Starbound thread saying they're bailing on No Man's Sky because they were disappointed and getting Starbound now instead, but on Starbound's forums there's a thread where people said they were disappointed in Starbound so they were going to play No Man's Sky instead.

. . .The grass is always greener on the other side?

Not that I think either game's development was handled that well from what I've heard people say so far, but oy.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Is it wrong that I want an Alolan Jigglypuff? :4jigglypuff:

Chrono.

So on NeoGaf, there's people on the Starbound thread saying they're bailing on No Man's Sky because they were disappointed and getting Starbound now instead, but on Starbound's forums there's a thread where people said they were disappointed in Starbound so they were going to play No Man's Sky instead.

. . .The grass is always greener on the other side?

Not that I think either game's development was handled that well from what I've heard people say so far, but oy.
Isn't Starbound a lot cheaper?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm also having difficulty choosing who to use, between all the new mons as well as Alola forms...

Pikipek
Vikavolt
Baile/Sensu Oricorio
Salandit
Rockruff
Komala
Cutiefly
Mimikyu
Wimpod
Lurantis
Mudsdale
Wishiwahi
Morellul
Alola Ninetales
Alola Marowak
Alola Raichu

They're all awesome!!!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If only this these Alolan forms didn't seem 1st Gen exclusive, I would have loved to see an Alolan Granbull to reflect on the Pokemon's original Dark typing.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I know I'm super late to the Style Savvy discussion, but I'm glad Fashion Forward is finally getting released here. I enjoyed Trendsetters a bunch (it's basically a dress up game + boutique sim and I'm a big fan of dress up games/character creators), so I've been looking forward to FF for a while. The new jobs sound pretty cool too, especially the designer one since it looks like it'll be a more sophisticated version of Animal Crossing pattern making. That said, it seems like being a make-up artist is going to be really hard if the demo is anything to go by, so I think I'm going to need a lot of practice with that, haha.

As for that #7FaveGames thing, coming up with a top 7 is really hard for me... Is it okay if I cop out and give a top 10?
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (a more accessible version of my favorite Zelda)
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (yeah, I'm one of those people, haha)
  • Pikmin 2 (I really like the Pikmin series and 2 is still my favorite for whatever reason)
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (a really good RPG)
  • Pokémon SoulSilver (I'm a Gen. twooooer + I like all of the features HGSS have)
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf (this game made a lot of improvements over its predecessors)
  • Super Mario 3D World (my favorite Mario game of all-time)
  • Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II (I clocked a ton of hours in this game...good times)
  • Diddy Kong Racing (it was super fun then and it still is now)
  • Splatoon (great core gameplay and music and I like the focus on teamwork)
The first 5 would definitely be on my top 7 list if I had to make one, but I'm not really sure what would come after that. It's difficult to compare games I've enjoyed in the past but haven't played recently with ones I play a lot now. And there are some games (e.g., Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stones, Pokémon Black 2, Banjo-Kazooie) which I really like but just couldn't fit in my top 10.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There should be an Alolan Alakazam but instead of two spoons it should have two giant Spam Kabobs to represent the Hawaii feel of the region even more.
The chinese leak said Alolan Alakazam exists...As a fighting type
Which is why Alakazam should get Numb chucks instead of spoons. That be pretty sweet to see imo.

Also all punch moves get a boost because it needs iron fist. He'd be a force to be reckoned with.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
No. The leak DIDN'T mention Sandslash or the sandcastle
Welp; I should of known (I guess I forgot that they didn't mention it). I suppose the fact they never actually mentioned these two specific Pokemon in the leaks are suspicious at this point in time (if Alolan forms were hinted at before Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash was revealed).

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Hey, listen.

I'm going to need Alolan Arcanine by yesterday. Two months ago, to be more accurate.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Isn't Starbound a lot cheaper?
Well I got Starbound for $15 at full price. NMS is. . .*checks* $60. So yeah, Starbound is a quarter the price.

Starbound fans are just salty as hell right now because a lot of promised features ended up getting dropped over time or were never added and there's a few mechanics/UI/storyline changes that were made that they're upset over.

The people who aren't salty are just popping open Steam Workshop and shrugging, basically.

There might be some new content in the next update that alleviates one or two of the countless complaints, though. Not sure. But we're definitely getting fishing next.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If only this these Alolan forms didn't seem 1st Gen exclusive, I would have loved to see an Alolan Granbull to reflect on the Pokemon's original Dark typing.
I think one thing to consider is how Sun & Moon can be linked with RBY on the VC...still hard to tell if Gen 1 pokes will be the only ones that get alola forms but it does seem like GameFreak has a bit more room to play with using the Gen 1 pokemon since you can transfer the originals from the old games...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Welp; I should of known (I guess I forgot that they didn't mention it). I suppose the fact they never actually mentioned these two specific Pokemon in the leaks are suspicious at this point in time (if Alolan forms were hinted at before Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash was revealed).
They only mentioned like 4 or 5 Alola forms. Just because only one of the ones they said was revealed so far doesn't mean the others are wrong

They said there was going to be Alola forms in the first place, before it was revealed

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
They only mentioned like 4 or 5 Alola forms. Just because only one of the ones they said was revealed so far doesn't mean the others are wrong

They said there was going to be Alola forms in the first place, before it was revealed

Oh really now? My memory must be kinda empty about this... (unless this really was hinted at via the leaks beforehand).

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Alolan Jynx who instead of looking like Nicki Minaj mixed with a drag queen looks like Madonna mixed with a Hawaiian dancer mixed with a drag queen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Alola Blastoise?

Probably not considering we've seen concept art with him in it

And Charizard is normal

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'd love this myself as well, but it seems like only Gen 1 will get Alola forms from what we've seen so far. I want to be proven wrong on that, though.
Honestly, I feel like a stretch could be made for Alolan Bellosom.
Evolved form of a gen 1 pokemon.
And it's perfect for Hawaii.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Alolan Jynx who instead of looking like Nicki Minaj mixed with a drag queen looks like Madonna mixed with a Hawaiian dancer mixed with a drag queen.

I've seen another one that looks better, but eh.

D

Deleted member

I just watched this week's SU episodes
Man, these episodes are getting heavy, Jasper's origins and her getting corrupted, information on the Diamonds and finally showing more of Rose we didn't knew about, it's good to see they're deconstructing that perfect image she had at the beginning of the series more and more
On a lighter note, I love how Peridot and Lapis are now acting like roommates

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
31 Type combinations remain.
01: Fairy/Dark
02: Fairy/Poison
03: Fairy/Fire
04: Fairy/Ground
05: Fairy/Fighting
06: Dark/Electric
07: Dark/Bug