• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sometimes I feel bad when they get leaked.

But hey, if the contents in the leaks are bringing in positive feedback and potential buyers, I can't see it being all bad.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There should be a Goth/Hipster Chansey as an Alolan Form.

''Take care of Pokemon? Nah, man. Sale at Hot Topic. Suicide Squad at the mall with Alolan Togepi later. Probably watching Nightmare Before Christmas for the 87th time later. Who has time for life? Life is a fraud. A concept. We're being dooped."
That sounds more like Alolan Gothitelle

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
And suddenly, A Distant Demon A Distant Demon is no longer an Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus and is back to being Squall Leonhart of Final Fantasy VIII. I wonder what happened that caused this transformation... :p

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Would this include Team Rocket and the Rocket Trio? To me, they are really an "old bunch of petty criminals from back in the day with a basic name". :troll:
The Team Rocket Trio yes but not Team Rocket as a whole.
Hmm, still has a lot of weaknesses and it'll probably be slow...

I dissaprove.

I give it a 4/10 , still better than Alolan Sandslash.

inb4 Uber.
That pic makes me salty that Silver/Kamon was never in the Anime. :(

And suddenly, A Distant Demon A Distant Demon is no longer an Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus and is back to being Squall Leonhart of Final Fantasy VIII. I wonder what happened that caused this transformation... :p
Eggplant Wizard's lips were bugging me

I didn't think my avi changes would ever be post-worthy. . . especially when 90% of my avis don't last more than 3 days before I switch again. :p
:061:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Someone brought up an interesting point on 4chan this morning. They brought the idea up that Alolan Meowth was bred with Glameow to become that form and perhaps purrlion.

If true that's a pretty neat way of coming up with it's design. It makes sense to, so I could see.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Bless GameFreak for this. Bless their mothers. Their grandmothers. Their dogs. The vases that hold their flowers. Bless their car keys.

Just bless.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why using Thunder Wave in something that will probably be very slow? and why try to burn it when you can just kill it because it's weak to a lot of common types?

I don't know...

But yeah, it's just my opinion.
We will see.
Burns and paralysis cripple the pokemon. It's also a good support if paired with a pokemon that's very weak to electricity

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Holy crap.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Metroid/comments/4x3j1b/here_is_how_to_get_am2r_back_just_talked_with/

We might be able to get the Metroid 2 Remake back on the official site to download if we try to e-mail Nintendo of Japan and America as they could have simply mistaken it for a ROM of the official game.

/u/DoctorHour said:
Remember back in 2013 when this happened? http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/9/4508826/super-smash-bros-melee-pulled-from-evo-livestream-nintendo It was Nintendo of America stepping in and doing something kind of ridiculous which really pissed off the fans of their game and had provided the company with no benefit whatsoever. This was brought to an end when Nintendo of Japan became aware of the situation and told Nintendo of America to chill out.

I talked to someone at Nintendo of America yesterday who said that the best thing we can do is contact Nintendo of Japan and tell them about the situation. Explain to them that this is something the fans want and that it is not in any way preventing them from selling official games, in fact it is promoting them. I was also told that the notice on record for when the AM2R was taken down - which we were unable to confirm as being the AM2R takedown request, was of the type commonly issued to rom websites. AM2R could have been confused for the rom of an official game.

TLDR; If you want AM2R back up, contact Nintendo of Japan and politely explain the situation to them.Calling Nintendo of America could help as well.

Nintendo of Japan contact info: 011 81 75 662-9600 [Need Nintendo of Japan Email!] Fax: 181756629620 (country = JAPAN) http://www.sendfaxinternet.com/;

Nintendo of America contact info: 1 (800) 255-3700 https://www.nintendo.com/corp/webform.jsp
This is definitely something worth considering and definitely could help voice the opinions of the fanbase that we still want these fangames.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Why using Thunder Wave in something that will probably be very slow? and why try to burn it when you can just kill it because it's weak to a lot of common types?

I don't know...

We will see.
For switching into Thunder Wave or Will-o-wisp....if you have a physical attacker or a fast Pokemon you can use Marowak to switch into one of the status moves...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Raichu and Topu Koko will be deadly in doubles.

Thunder Wave, eleectroball calm mind, then something like energy ball. It be unstoppable almost.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
GF be like: Silly leakers, we leaked cucumber fist before you did.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

I don't know...

We will see.
with lightning rod it has
3 immunities
8 resistances
5 2X weakneses
and imunity to paralasys, burn, and arena trap moves
not to mention how perfect it is as a partner for water type pokemon in doubles
(lightning rod drags elec moves to it and being fire means grass types are on notice)

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
And to add onto my previous post, Nintendo of Japan DID say that they were fine with Fans using their IPs as derivative works back in 2014 which was told by the CEO himself at the time, Satoru Iwata.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-properties-can-officially-be-used-for-fan-projects

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata appeared as a sponsor and made an exciting announcement. Nintendo is now officially allowing their intellectual properties to be used by fans for derivative works. Iwata made this announcement as a video played showing off Let's Plays, music covers, and fanart as examples.
So... yeah. This goes to show that Nintendo doesn't actually mind about people using their IP on a variety of things. It kinda' makes me question whether or not they truly took down things like the Zelda 1 3D Remake or Project M. I mean its possible it was the person using the fake email and that some people haven't found out about.

I honestly think this is worthy of an investigation to even see IF Nintendo even took down those projects in recent times. Like I said, it makes me question those takedowns a little bit more now...

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I guess I came back just in time to see all hell breaking loose.

Alola's team Skull definitely looks more like a gang of thugs than an an organisation, which is a break from the types we're seen till now.

But seriously, all this new info is pretty hype worthy. Especially Raichu. Welcome back to the spotlight.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
alright time to break down alolan raichus weaknesses and resistances

resistant to
electric, flying, steel, fighting, and psychic
weak to
ground, bug, ghost, and dark

not bad over all
not as good as ghost rider because immunities are god like and the matter of thick club
but still a pretty good improvement

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Gotta say, this gen is making it really hard for me to pick a team.

I wanted to try a bunch of new Pokes, and then these Alolan forms pop up.

I will probably have sleepless nights thinking about this.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Gotta say, this gen is making it really hard for me to pick a team.

I wanted to try a bunch of new Pokes, and then these Alolan forms pop up.

I will probably have sleepless nights thinking about this.
I literally spent most of my time at work focusing my mind on team analysis for sun and moon today

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
At this point, I'm definitely scratching out Mudsdale for Alola Marowak on my team. Alola Raichu seems like a very likely addition too. In fact, it could be my 6th slot depending on how these next reveals go!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Someone uploaded the Raichu part:

Sheesh... People are already calling this form ugly in the comments (yes, I know Youtube comments tend to be very toxic because that's how it always goes with comments on many sites). Regardless, it's honestly pretty nice since its ears give the idea of it looking like a Valkyrie in a way (and we all know Valkyrie's fly in some form) in combination with a surfer (and a reference from Gen 1). I mean really... It's sad why people are like this.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Omg that Raichu.

Legit.

Hype.

This game is gunna be gooood.

Also Marowak is a long time favourite. I'm glad they're giving it some great attributes and immunities.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And to add onto my previous post, Nintendo of Japan DID say that they were fine with Fans using their IPs as derivative works back in 2014 which was told by the CEO himself at the time, Satoru Iwata.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-properties-can-officially-be-used-for-fan-projects

So... yeah. This goes to show that Nintendo doesn't actually mind about people using their IP on a variety of things. It kinda' makes me question whether or not they truly took down things like the Zelda 1 3D Remake or Project M. I mean its possible it was the person using the fake email and that some people haven't found out about.

I honestly think this is worthy of an investigation to even see IF Nintendo even took down those projects in recent times. Like I said, it makes me question those takedowns a little bit more now...
So TL:DR they're okay with fan games but not remakes of their own games right?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There should be an Alolan Alakazam but instead of two spoons it should have two giant Spam Kabobs to represent the Hawaii feel of the region even more.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I gotta wonder if this means that leak with all the other Alolan forms is real or not since it actually failed to mention Alolan Raichu being a thing and the fact that Alolan Meowth is Dark type rather then Rattata being Dark type.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom