• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I want gyms back in the future but with the leaders being fleshed out more.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I mean hey, with all the anonymous NX leaks and other misinformation from Little Miss Rogers. I can't blame the mindset you seem to have.

Though if the rumor is true, I'm afraid Kid Icarus would be a scapegoat for stealing more spotlight from Donkey Kong and Metroid (and I'm NOT just talking about Smash).
ughh I didn't thinkof this.

And all that will happen just bc it's by Retro.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A look at the evil team leader, shows interesting reasoning behind being evil:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Considering how touchy the Metroid and DK fandoms are during Smash speculation, I'd probably have to crawl into a bunker or something if their shared dev made a game from one of their scapegoats.

I can feel the salt shockwaves all the way from whatever alternate reality the reveal of a Retro Kid Icarus is happening in right now.

The twist of events would almost be poetic, though.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So Guzma is a former Trial Captain who was rejected and now accepts others (the grunts being rejected by the people of Alola) or those that failed to apply for a position as a trial captain (Plumeria) in order to get revenge on those who rejected his white hair and his fashion sense?

It all makes sense now. :estatic:

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
At this point I'll just feel bad for the Kid Icarus fans if the Metroid and Donkey Kong fans start scapegoating them again just because Retro decided to make a new game for them this time....

I'd personally love to see another entry to the Kid Icarus franchise though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Considering how touchy the Metroid and DK fandoms are during Smash speculation, I'd probably have to crawl into a bunker or something if their shared dev made a game from one of their scapegoats.

I can feel the salt shockwaves all the way from whatever alternate reality the reveal of a Retro Kid Icarus is happening in right now.

Speaking of which, did you play the Style Savvy Fashion Forward demo last night? I would like to know your personal thoughts on it.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm sorry, but can I just say that Team Skull sounds dumb?
Sounds like something ten year old me would use to make a villain team sound cool but forget the next day. Maybe it's just one of those "Names that looks badass in Japan but dopey in the West" but I can't get behind it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The leaks are fake; Game Freak would never acknowledge Raichu :troll:

Who Im joking, Im hyped as ****

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

As in Smash4 speculation, I won't be hiding my thoughts or feel ashamed about anything even if my opinion isn't popular at all. It's just not worth it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm sorry, but can I just say that Team Skull sounds dumb?
Sounds like something ten year old me would use to make a villain team sound cool but forget the next day. Maybe it's just one of those "Names that looks badass in Japan but dopey in the West" but I can't get behind it.
Ehh I like it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This guy really is a boy and not a man

That is the most pathetic team ever
This is what we get when the fandom keeps going "I'm tired of overblown supervillains trying to take over the world! Just give me a plain old bunch of petty criminals again like how it was back in my day!," I guess. :troll:

Speaking of which, did you play the Style Savvy Fashion Forward demo last night? I would like to know your personal thoughts on it.
Opening animation that greeted me when I first started was pretty over the top sugary, but the actual game was pretty fun.

Was a little disappointed when I wrapped up what I could do, I wanted to keep going a little further, heh.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
This is what we get when the fandom keeps going "I'm tired of overblown supervillains trying to take over the world! Just give me a plain old bunch of petty criminals again like how it was back in my day!," I guess. :troll:

Would this include Team Rocket and the Rocket Trio? To me, they are really an "old bunch of petty criminals from back in the day with a basic name". :troll:

Last edited:
At this point I'll just feel bad for the Kid Icarus fans if the Metroid and Donkey Kong fans start scapegoating them again just because Retro decided to make a new game for them this time....

I'd personally love to see another entry to the Kid Icarus franchise though.
We'll be too busy being hyped as **** that an awesome dev team is working on our series that otherwise be super dead to worry about a bunch of whiners who already made fools of themselves with the tropical freeze announcement.:shades:
:062:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If you don't like Team Skull then you don't have style.

No, but seriously, I prefer this team over the "I will destroy everything with this legendary Pokemon because I'm evil!!1!"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Would this include Team Rocket and the Rocket Trio? To me, they are really an "old bunch of petty criminals from back in the day with a basic name". :troll:
They are at least an orginized crime syndicate

These new guys are a group of punks that couldn't cut it so they made their OWN club with blackjack and hookers

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I absolutely love the wishiwashy second form.

It looks so deadly and is huge and looks fantastic in motion.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Opening animation that greeted me when I first started was pretty over the top sugary, but the actual game was pretty fun.

Was a little disappointed when I wrapped up what I could do, I wanted to keep going a little further, heh.
I can admit, they really exaggerated on the cuteness for the game's intro compared to the more sassy and down to earth ones of previous games. It was probably meant to attract the younger girls that want to be grabbed into the game's world.

Actually, it's possible for you to handle extra costumers in the demo after it's over. I was able to handle twelve customers in the salon to my surprise. The full game will definitely have more missions to do and the long waited fashion shows. :woman:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Looks like he's about to drop the sickiest, loudest and most stomping reggaetton album of the summer.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
They are at least an orginized crime syndicate

These new guys are a group of punks that couldn't cut it so they made their OWN club with blackjack and hookers
That is true when it comes to Team Rocket's attempts at crime. I still theorize that Team Skull is the result of Guzma being a former Trial Captain before he was rejected for an unknown reason (maybe his sense of style wasn't good for Alola or something even worse happened that we'll discover playing the game). From there, he took in others that were rejected by the people of Alola (Team Skull Grunts) and others who wanted to be Trial Captains (Plumeria), and that's how Team Skull was born.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What did I just miss?

some quick thoughts...

Retro rumours...
If this turns out to be the case...While I think it would be cool for a new Kid Icarus game to be in the works...I was kinda hoping for Retro to be working on an original IP (if not Metroid Prime that is)...Of course if they are working on multiple titles this could still be the case but we'll see these are only rumours...Good for Kid Icarus if this is true though, Uprising was really fun (save for the controls) and getting a new game for the NX would be neat...

Surfing Psychic Raichu Let's go!:026:
For those asking if there'll be an Alolan Pikachu...the answer is no...
And I love that Bioluminescent Mushroom Pokemon!!! It's like something you'd see on an alien planet or something!!
Innards Out....i suppose that's an appropriate name...though...If this is a weird form change this will be .....intersting...

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Even more:

Team Skull definitely seem like they just want to cause **** to happen.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
What did I just miss?

some quick thoughts...

Retro rumours...
If this turns out to be the case...While I think it would be cool for a new Kid Icarus game to be in the works...I was kinda hoping for Retro to be working on an original IP (if not Metroid Prime that is)...Of course if they are working on multiple titles this could still be the case but we'll see these are only rumours...Good for Kid Icarus if this is true though, Uprising was really fun (save for the controls) and getting a new game for the NX would be neat...

Surfing Psychic Raichu Let's go!:026:
I know, right? So hype <3

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
They are so professional, organized and evil that they are defeated by a 10 year old.
To be fair, it isn't a 10 year old.

They're probably 15 or 16

So it isn't as insulting.

Looks like he's about to drop the sickiest, loudest and most stomping reggaetton album of the summer.
Reggaetton? They look like their making fusion music like Rapcore

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
These guys literally look like a bunch of punks and Hawaii does have sort of a gang problem in their major cities.

I saw what you did there Game Freak. :smirk:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Was gone for a few hours, and first thing I see on Serebii when I came back, there are new leaks. Might as well give my thoughts.

*Notices small image of Alola Raichu*

Raichu got an Alola form?...*enlarges image*... Raichu got an Alola form!:eek:

You don't know how happy this makes me! I was really hoping Raichu would get the Alola form love if it couldn't get a Mega Evolution last generation (not to mention Game Freak has seemingly shafted Raichu for so long prior to this), and looks my wish came true! I like the surfer-motif going for it as well. Here's hoping it will actually learn Surf.

Morelull looks interesting. I immediately thought it would be Comfey's pre-evolution for a single second, but now it doesn't look like it will be the case. Morelull looks like a dandelion seed but with the parachute part replaced with mushrooms. Don't have much to say about the English names of that new fish and the sea cucumber.

Team Skull's motif similar to Rocket and Flare's. That is, both have rather simply goals. Rocket was your generic crime/mafia organization, while Flare wanted to make money. Yes, that wasn't Flare's real goal, but that's how they were introduced initially. Here, it seems like Team Skull consists of people who failed to become Trial Captains and probably want some sort of revenge. A part of me thinks they could have a much bigger motive than what is currently given similar to how we learned about Team Flare.

And I'm not surprised Plumeria is a Skull Admin.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Pokémon Sun & Moon funniest moments

Sorry, this was the first thing that came to my mind when I read Wishiwashi
petervswas.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom