• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So people have noticed something about the Sonic Mania trailer and overall imagery in the game.

Notice the cyan after the blue.

Also, when they show the new sprite:

For some reason, Sonic's old sprite is in the background.

I'm starting to think Modern Sonic will be in this game somehow.
I brought up the idea of Mania being connected to Project Sonic 2017.
So... maybe this confirms it.

That, or Modern Sonic is just a hidden character with his own abilities.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I don't think their going to genderbend the cast or anything.(At least I hope not) Although I guess that probably does confirm the suspision that this lady might be the new main protagonist of the game.

Hopefully she's a relative or descendant of Hershel or something......
I think one new possibility is that "Lady Layton" could be Layton's wife/Alfendi's mother. I mean, we never knew who Alfendi's mother was in the Layton Brothers game, so perhaps this new Layton title will finally reveal it... and perhaps it could well be the woman from the concept art.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think one new possibility is that "Lady Layton" could be Layton's wife/Alfendi's mother. I mean, we never knew who Alfendi's mother was in the Layton Brothers game, so perhaps this new Layton title will finally reveal it... and perhaps it could well be the woman from the concept art.
But Alfendis hair was purple I think, Unless the ladys hair is purple, I dont think its his mother

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I have a feeling like I heard Nintendo say something somewhere that implied they were aiming for the NX to be cheaper.

If I'm remembering that correctly then it being expensive looking wouldn't line up with that unless they decided to cave to what their competitors are doing and sell at a loss.
$10 Console
$490 Controller

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wont lie, I kinda hoped they would bring Alfendi back. His personalities would of made a pretty fun full Layton game. Layton Brothers was a good game
I suppose we can still see Alfendi at some point, I mean all we know so far is that the lady in the concept art is most likely the main protagonist, we don't really know yet what other veteran characters could potentially return in this game.....

That's another possibility yes. Although that kind of feels like something they would do in the final game (assuming its a new trilogy), but then again I'm not sure. Eitherway, it's interesting to know in regards to how this will play out. So here's waiting for the 27th to find out who she really is....

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
But Alfendis hair was purple I think, Unless the ladys hair is purple, I dont think its his mother
That's the thing. The lady's hair in the concept art isn't colored at the moment, so we don't know what color it is right now. It could be purple, or it could be a different color entirely. Her eyes look a bit different from Alfendi's though.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I suppose we can still see Alfendi at some point, I mean all we know so far is that the lady in the concept art is most likely the main protagonist, we don't really know yet what other veteran characters could potentially return in this game.....

That's another possibility yes. Although that kind of feels like something they would do in the final game (assuming its a new trilogy), but then again I'm not sure. Eitherway, it's interesting to know in regards to how this will play out. So here's waiting for the 27th to find out who she really is....
on th 27th huh? You dont mind tagging me with whatever comes up. Im not sure where that info is gonna be shown this is the first I've heard of it

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Something to keep in mind.
I mean of course they're going to say it's good. Why would they shoot themselves in the foot by saying otherwise?
If they called it crap I doubt it'd give a reception they would want.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah, I'm seriously doubting there will be any NX news soon. Hell, I'd be surprised if we get much of anything until like, November or December.

:094:
NX releases in March.

They said they wouldn't talk until Fall, but I don't think they'll wait quite that long, especially when they have what may or may not be a tie-in app releasing in October.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I mean of course they're going to say it's good. Why would they shoot themselves in the foot by saying otherwise?
If they called it crap I doubt it'd give a reception they would want.
Well, you know that. I know that.

Just saying for the people who automatically think third parties saying they're excited means anything.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Went out today for a bit and caught some new mons in Go. Also got another egg. I have so many to hatch! At least I have two almost fully hatched.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nintendo's earnings call is on the 27th right? Maybe we'll get some news there. Anything concerning NX would be good at this point. The hype is dying off faster and faster and it hasn't even been shown yet. They gotta do something.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Lady Layton sounds like something that'll get Hino's target demographic back again. For Curious Village, the intended audience for Layton was ladies.

Not surprised, I think this could get the Layton series back to its huge success again.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh and we seem to have 3 waves of info for Sun and Moon this month coming up.

On August 1st, we have news, then again when Corocoro leaks(so Somewhere between the 8th and 10th), and the nationals start the 20th and go till the 21st.

Last one gave us Salandit, so we could see a solo pokemon or something us. Perhaps synchro info if they confirm it.

Which is pretty good.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh and we seem to have 3 waves of info for Sun and Moon this month coming up.

On August 1st, we have news, then again when Corocoro leaks(so Somewhere between the 8th and 10th), and the nationals start the 20th and go till the 21st.

Last one gave us Salandit, so we could see a solo pokemon or something us. Perhaps synchro info if they confirm it.

Which is pretty good.
I think you mean Worlds for the last part. Nationals happened about a month ago.

I still think we're bound to receive more Sun and Moon news during Worlds based on the recent patterns of how details about an upcoming game tend to be revealed there. I think the synchro info seems like a very probable thing they will talk about there since it would be a significant new feature that would get everyone's attention in an international event like that.

Chrono.

Nintendo shares plummeted due to investors thinking they developed GO.

I know I'm late but holy crap that's hilarious.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

It increased 100+% then dropped 18%(?). That's still really damn good for one mobile game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think you mean Worlds for the last part. Nationals happened about a month ago.

I still think we're bound to receive more Sun and Moon news during Worlds based on the recent patterns of how details about an upcoming game tend to be revealed there. I think the synchro info seems like a very probable thing they will talk about there since it would be a significant new feature that would get everyone's attention in an international event like that.
That's right, I just call them nationals usually xD. But yeah it's worlds. I think Synchro is likely, especially if we learn of it before hand. If not, maybe a new feature instead.

What? How did that make sense to them?

Chrono.

It increased 100+% then dropped 18%(?). That's still really damn good for one mobile game.
I mean yeah they're still doing well.

The hilarious part is investors not knowing what the hell they're investing in. You'd think they'd know better.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean yeah they're still doing well.

The hilarious part is investors not knowing what the hell they're investing in. You'd think they'd know better.
True. But with the stock dropping they're even more stupid. I guess they don't know what the hell cause and effect is. Now that Pokémon Go is a success Pokémon Sun and Moon will sell even better. As well as 3DS sales going up. Plus, now that we know Go will communicate with Sun and Moon it's even more of a chance to get the Pokémon Go players to get on board. The problem with stock in present day is that no one looks to the future anymore. They only look at the present.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
True. But with the stock dropping they're even more stupid. I guess they don't know what the hell cause and effect is. Now that Pokémon Go is a success Pokémon Sun and Moon will sell even better. As well as 3DS sales going up. Plus, now that we know Go will communicate with Sun and Moon it's even more of a chance to get the Pokémon Go players to get on board. The problem with stock in present day is that no one looks to the future anymore. They only look at the present.
I think that's jumping the gun a bit.

I highly doubt GO will cause a huge increase in sales for Sun & Moon, if even a noticeable one at all. They are two completely different games and GO is popular because of the real life aspect.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have my pokemon in 3 gyms right now. 2 I am the leader and sole person in

The 3rd I put a pokemon in expecting it to be beaten by morning. But...It's not a level 8 gym with a 2500+ dragonite and 3 high level snorlax. I think I'm not getting my pokemon back for a while...

Someone seems to have fought my Nidoking, who is in a gym all by himself...I think they lost though because he's still in it and the level hasn't lowered or raised

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Go is popular because its free and on a system everyone owns.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think that's jumping the gun a bit.

I highly doubt GO will cause a huge increase in sales for Sun & Moon, if even a noticeable one at all. They are two completely different games and GO is popular because of the real life aspect.
It's not really jumping the gun. It's prediction. It's why stocks work. If Pokémon Go is popular and people love it people will want more. People who never had any interest in Pokémon are playing Pokémon Go. This will almost undoubtedly increase interest in the series overall. It doesn't have to be the games it can also influence anime viewership.

The point I'm making is those who think Pokémon is a one trick pony are sorely mistaken. Not only is it a hit RPG video game, it's also now a hit fighting game that has been getting a lot of publicity lately thanks to EVO, a hit anime, now most probably a major motion picture. People are stupidly dropping the ball on Nintendo because they think Pokémon Go is the only thing they have up their sleeve.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Of course Pokémon sales are going to be heavily increasing, Pokémon Go is reintroducing a ton of people to the Pokémon brand. Making the brand name stronger increases sales.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I don't know if anyone follows the Pokemon World Championships here in terms of the overall occasion, but every year, there's always a special artwork for the event, usually featuring a bunch of Pokemon interacting with the environment of the location where it takes place (such as a group of Pokemon eating a giant orange for Worlds 2008 in Orlando because Florida is known for its oranges, Worlds 2011 featuring all the Pokemon wearing urban clothing to reference California's urban environment, Worlds 2015 featuring Pikachu wearing colonialist clothing due to Boston having American Revolution ties, etc.)

This year's World Championship artwork has been revealed, and it looks pretty cool.
Worlds this year takes place in San Francisco, hence the reason the Pokemon are riding the trolly and you see the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. Another really neat detail is that all the Pokemon depicted here are from generation 1, which is pretty clever considering it's a way of commemorating Pokemon's 20th anniversary by harkening back to the original 151 that started it all.

Perhaps some of you may find avatar material in it? That's another reason why I thought I'd share it here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't know if anyone follows the Pokemon World Championships here in terms of the overall occasion, but every year, there's always a special artwork for the event, usually featuring a bunch of Pokemon interacting with the environment of the location where it takes place (such as a group of Pokemon eating a giant orange for Worlds 2008 in Orlando because Florida is known for its oranges, Worlds 2011 featuring all the Pokemon wearing urban clothing to reference California's urban environment, Worlds 2015 featuring Pikachu wearing colonialist clothing due to Boston having American Revolution ties, etc.)

This year's World Championship artwork has been revealed, and it looks pretty cool.

Worlds this year takes place in San Francisco, hence the reason the Pokemon are riding the trolly and you see the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. Another really neat detail is that all the Pokemon depicted here are from generation 1, which is pretty clever considering it's a way of commemorating Pokemon's 20th anniversary by harkening back to the original 151 that started it all.

Perhaps some of you may find avatar material in it? That's another reason why I thought I'd share it here.
I hadn't seen this one yet! It's cute! I'll actually use for an avi soon. Keeping Sonic for the moment though.The artwork for world is always good, as are the special TCG cards they do for events from time to time.

Also imagine Snorlax blocking the Golden Gate Bridge.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's not really jumping the gun. It's prediction. It's why stocks work. If Pokémon Go is popular and people love it people will want more. People who never had any interest in Pokémon are playing Pokémon Go. This will almost undoubtedly increase interest in the series overall. It doesn't have to be the games it can also influence anime viewership.

The point I'm making is those who think Pokémon is a one trick pony are sorely mistaken. Not only is it a hit RPG video game, it's also now a hit fighting game that has been getting a lot of publicity lately thanks to EVO, a hit anime, now most probably a major motion picture. People are stupidly dropping the ball on Nintendo because they think Pokémon Go is the only thing they have up their sleeve.
You're forgetting MULTIPLE factors here.

Pokemon GO is free and is on a device everyone owns. It's super accessible and easy to get into and barely even demands the player treat their day any differently since your actual "play" on the phone is done in quick spurts of few seconds.

The actual Pokemon games are gonna be $45, and on a device not everyone owns, and will have to fork out money for if they don't own that device. They also require dedication and time investment to play as they are more complex than Pokemon GO. The games are not designed to be integrated into your daily life. They also don't encourage you to physically go out and walk and meet with other players at almost every turn.

Point is, Pokemon GO has all of the right check boxes for a game literally anyone can get into. The actual games are the complete opposite.

I'm someone who likes playing Pokemon GO the odd time. Does that automatically mean I want to buy Pokemon Sun & Moon? God no. It doesn't work in such a black and white fashion. Playing Pokemon GO does not magically brainwash people into wanting other Pokemon games. Some will likely take interest in getting more games, likely actual, established gamers. But there won't be a huge increase in sales. People just specifically like what Pokemon GO is, and none of the other Pokemon games will provide a similar experience.

Also, Pokken is not a hit. It's a moderate success for a game on a dead console.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Pokemon Go will increase Sun and Moon sales...however we're not talking in the tens of millions...the game has introduced many people to Pokemon and could very well catch the interest of many...

As I said not everyone who plays Go is going to invest in a 3DS and a mainline Pokemon game since this game is free to play, but I'm also not doubting that a significant amount of people have gained a greater interest for the brand because of this...

Keyword here is exposure...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Bulbasaur is the welfare pokemon because found so many around the dollar store near my house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom