• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well Citizens of Earth 3DS got a 1 GB update (like the game wasn't memory hogging enough :glare:) to stop the homebrew exploit.

I hate that these exploits do more harm than good for those who simply just want to play games.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just. . .the idea doesn't really click with me.

It doesn't help the port situation's validity that the most popular leaks/assumptions rely on Splatoon and Mario Maker also getting ported and if the NX ever ended up not having primary touch controls then those games would be FAR more badly messed up.

It's just always been some huge unanimous assumption that Smash 4 is -going- to be ported to NX, no ifs, ands, or buts. Something feels off about it.

I think the good games at NX launch are going to be original titles. Animal Crossing likely, Kirby maybe, probably a couple of other things considering the immense Wii U drought. I can't say they definitely won't go port, but I don't think they'll mess themselves over badly enough that ports for launch will be an absolute requirement like everyone seems to assume.
Whether or not the leak is popular or if it clicks with you personally is irrelevant, what matters is it's validity.

Dr. Serkan Toto is an extremely reliable and valid source - not because he "got stuff right" like with Emily Rogers - but what he does and why he would have this knowledge, and even WHO he is, is pretty transparent. Not the same with all of the other people who hopped on the bandwagon.

Dr. Serkan Toto is the one who initially came out with this information about a Smash Bros port for the NX. Other people simply chimed in later (and said stuff like "SPLATOON HAS A 50% CHANCE OF BEING PORTED" which means they don't have a firm grasp to begin with).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well Citizens of Earth 3DS got a 1 GB update (like the game wasn't memory hogging enough :glare:) to stop the homebrew exploit.

I hate that these exploits do more harm than good for those who simply just want to play games.
The possibility of your game being hacked is real, and trying to patch it later only encourages hackers to try again. It's a lost battle.

Unless the stuff like online leaderboards and stuff get hacked, they really shouldn't bother.

(And exploit patch shouldn't be 1GB. There must be more to it.)

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Some people really disliked Brawl re-using its theme for all of the original themes...

But then there's this masterpiece.

Here's hoping Smash 5... NX port or otherwise... brings back the crazy boss battles.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Whether or not the leak is popular or if it clicks with you personally is irrelevant, what matters is it's validity.

Dr. Serkan Toto is an extremely reliable and valid source - not because he "got stuff right" like with Emily Rogers - but what he does and why he would have this knowledge, and even WHO he is, is pretty transparent. Not the same with all of the other people who hopped on the bandwagon.

Dr. Serkan Toto is the one who initially came out with this information about a Smash Bros port for the NX. Other people simply chimed in later (and said stuff like "SPLATOON HAS A 50% CHANCE OF BEING PORTED" which means they don't have a firm grasp to begin with).
Serkan never even said it was a port in the first place, though. He just said there was a new Smash and that he wasn't told if it was a port or not. The port detail is something everyone else piled on as well.

But for something not related to my responding to you that I was just going to post by itself. . .

Wikipedia said:
Splatoon was developed by Nintendo Entertainment Analysis & Development. In mid-2013, one member of the Animal Crossing development team, Shintaro Sato, created a four-versus-four ink-based territory control game set in a featureless arena.[24] After management approved making the prototype into a full game, the team started expanding its concepts, creating the ability to hide in ink,[25] and wanted to somehow incorporate squids.[26] After coming up with these ideas, the developers had trouble "filter[ing] it down" to a "simple, fun game." Shigeru Miyamoto told the team that there was "no appeal" to the game in that state. Afterwards, the developers added the ability to hide in ink and verticality to the maps, but it still felt unfocused.[26] The art director sketched different ideas for the player character, including animals, "macho men," robots, and Mario,[25] but the co-directors wanted to include a playable squid.[27] They also needed the character to be human in order to hold weaponry, but thought that a squid-human hybrid "wouldn't sell".[27] In January 2014, they realized they could make the player character switch between human and squid forms, which allowed them to come up with other ideas, such as swimming through ink or sustaining damage while maneuvering in enemy ink.[27] From the beginning, the GamePad could display a real-time overview of the map so the player could see which team was ahead,[2] and at some point, the team considered using urinals and sinks as warp points.[28] The development team was determined to make interesting sound effects, so they repeatedly pounded slime to create the sound of a squid diving into ink.[1]

The team working on the game is composed of much younger members compared to other teams that work on Nintendo franchises. Game director Tsubasa Sakaguchi and producer Hisashi Nogami admitted that they, along with the rest of the team, play first person shooters and games on other companies' hardware (such as Call of Duty and Battlefield) as part of their job, and also because they love video games in general.[24] Monolith Soft also assisted Nintendo on the development of the game.[29] Splatoon was revealed in a trailer during Nintendo's E3 2014 Digital Event video presentation, and a demo of its multiplayer mode was playable on the show floor.[30][31] The game's single-player campaign, was further detailed in a later Nintendo Direct.[32]
Holy crud that one person wasn't too far off the mark about Splatoon being made in a year. It went from concept finalization to multiplayer demo in six months. It took two years to make overall, but still. WOW.

I wonder how fast they could make a sequel with that kind of efficiency.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
General consensus is that Birthright has the best told story because it's fairly straight forward, if unambitious. Plus it's supposedly the easiest game according to Nintendo (though LIQUID12A LIQUID12A once told me he thinks Revelation is actually easier).
Outside of the last few levels being sort of a chore, Revelation gives you every powerful unit from both sides to exploit. Sure, you don't get every unit, but the combination of the royals in particular makes the Rev campaign quite imbalanced and easy to go through.

You also get great units such as Takumi very early.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Serkan never even said it was a port in the first place, though. He just said there was a new Smash and that he wasn't told if it was a port or not. The port detail is something everyone else piled on as well.

But for something not related to my responding to you that I was just going to post by itself. . .

Holy crud that one person wasn't too far off the mark about Splatoon being made in a year. It went from concept finalization to multiplayer demo in six months. It took two years to make overall, but still. WOW.

I wonder how fast they could make a sequel with that kind of efficiency.
The idea of it being a port more came from the fact of them planning to release it on the NX at launch.

There's just no way a full-on Smash game, built from the ground up, is gonna be ready for the NX's launch when Smash DLC only just wrapped up this year. It has to be at least based on the same engine. He also noted that this was information he got from Bandai Namco, not Nintendo.

So yes, HE never said it was a port, but it's highly unlikely it could be anything else.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The idea of it being a port more came from the fact of them planning to release it on the NX at launch.

There's just no way a full-on Smash game, built from the ground up, is gonna be ready for the NX's launch when Smash DLC only just wrapped up this year. It has to be at least based on the same engine. He also noted that this was information he got from Bandai Namco, not Nintendo.

So yes, HE never said it was a port, but it's highly unlikely it could be anything else.
Well maybe not built from the ground up, but putting it the way you did functions under the assumption that everyone on the team for the main game was on the DLC team. They at least COULD have moved a chunk of the staff onto the NX version well before the DLC wrapped up, as the DLC team was in fact smaller.

I've said it could be based on the same engine. Nintendo's even been talking about recycling engines for games in the future. I just don't see why it's obligated to be "just the Wii U version with a little bit of stuff added" either.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing. It could be more than a port and less than a "from the ground up."

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The only way the NX Smash would be a new game is if they started development back when the Wii U version launched... A highly unlikely scenario.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The only way the NX Smash would be a new game is if they started development back when the Wii U version launched... A highly unlikely scenario.
Well do you think you could at least explain WHY it's unlikely? That statement doesn't offer much information without the reasoning behind it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well maybe not built from the ground up, but putting it the way you did functions under the assumption that everyone on the team for the main game was on the DLC team. They at least COULD have moved a chunk of the staff onto the NX version well before the DLC wrapped up, as the DLC team was in fact smaller.

I've said it could be based on the same engine. Nintendo's even been talking about recycling engines for games in the future. I just don't see why it's obligated to be "just the Wii U version with a little bit of stuff added" either.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing. It could be more than a port and less than a "from the ground up."
The Wii U version actually imported a lot of assets - especially animation and art - before editing and improving them. And even with that, the Wii U version took a long time to make.

If it's not a port, it can't be a launch title.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Some people really disliked Brawl re-using its theme for all of the original themes...

But then there's this masterpiece.

Here's hoping Smash 5... NX port or otherwise... brings back the crazy boss battles.
The Smash 4 theme is so crappy compared to the Brawl one...

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Here's the thing. I honestly think Sakurai and the team had more plans in the pipeline for more DLC. Now call me crazy on that one, but why use the ballot for one character? Ever since Satoru Iwata introduced the Ballot in April 2015, it seemed like it was more of a suggestion box than anything else. Of course, that didn't turn out to be the case, but it made it seem they were going to use it more, but something changed.

I honestly think it's the Wii U's sluggish sales that kept Nintendo from releasing more DLC for both versions. What my gut is saying is Nintendo told them to move all the things they were working on along with their assets to their new console so they'd have something for launch.

I'm basically saying I think the NX version will just be the Wii U with all the previous DLC and maybe more DLC they possibly had in development built onto the disc.

The 3DS Version on the other hand I feel might still get DLC that the NX Version has on disc. The reason being that Nintendo probably won't have a replacement handheld for another year. So the 3DS would still be relevant during that time period with its huge install base. I mean, heck, Animal Crossing is getting an Update 4 Years after it released. So it might seem possible they would do that with Smash.

Now, some might say that the 3DS won't be relevant as the NX might be a home console combined with a handheld. Well, to tell you the truth, there have never been any credible rumors based on that fact. That notion only started back in 2013 with the Nintendo Fusion rumors and the fact that Nintendo were combining their Handheld and Home Console divisions. It basically was nothing more than speculation that people thought was a rumor.

Not to mention, if the NX did have a handheld component, it's not necessarily going to release along side the full console. It would probably be release a couple of months to a year after that making the 3DS still relevant in that time period.

So... these are just my thoughts. I'm not necessarily sure this is going to happen or even if they had more DLC in the pipeline. We'll just have to wait and see really. Not really trying to sound outlandish in this large paragraph, it's just how I feel on the matter :p.

Gotta' love crazy theories sometimes lol.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The possibility of your game being hacked is real, and trying to patch it later only encourages hackers to try again. It's a lost battle.

Unless the stuff like online leaderboards and stuff get hacked, they really shouldn't bother.

(And exploit patch shouldn't be 1GB. There must be more to it.)
Whoops, the whole game is 1GB.

But like you said, it's a lost battle for both Nintendo and hackers, neither want to give up.

D

Deleted member

You seem to really dislike Conquest/Conquest's Story. Care to explain why?
The story is really the only problem I have with it(I personally love the playable cast and the map design is just perfect)
But it's not a secret to anyone that its plot is just complete garbage
Needing to play the other two routes to understand anything, lack of worldbuilding, forced conflict such as chapters only happening because of Iago being ordered to "make Corrin suffer" or things like the Kitsune chapter, Lillith aka the most forced death in history, the whole Hoshido dindu nuffin, Chapter "Buy Revelation" 15, the crystal ball of plot stupidity, Corrin and Azura's plan, "Ryoma will patiently wait for his revenge", Corn saving his enemies twice IN A ROW: first saving Ninja Princess Peach and then saving the WHOLE HOSHIDO ROYAL FAMILY INSTEAD OF TAKING THEM PRISONERS AND ENDING THE WAR SOONER; along with some other stuff I probably forgot

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The Wii U version actually imported a lot of assets - especially animation and art - before editing and improving them. And even with that, the Wii U version took a long time to make.

If it's not a port, it can't be a launch title.
I'm suspicious about what went down with Smash 4's development. At first we were told Sakurai was going to assemble a custom team, and then at some point they switched to hiring Namco for it.

At least some of the dev time was going more slowly than it could have early on.

All a new game needs to differentiate itself is that it revamp the UI a bit and offer a new theme song. Surely it wouldn't take them more than a few months to do that?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I love Smash 3DS, but please no.
I personally don't want Nintendo developing two Smash games at the same time again.

Smash 4 just feels incomplete in a lot of areas.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

OK, put it this way then.

With a game like Smash, and they are using the Wii U versions engine for this "brand new title"...

Do you think they are honestly going to arbitrarily remove the old stages, and make new ones in their place? Do you think they are going to arbitrarily take out characters that are finished and done from the Wii U version, and replace them with new ones?

No, because that would be the dumbest idea ever. Like there would be no benefit to anyone if they did that.

By "port" I don't mean "the exact same game". At least, it could be that - just the Wii U version plopped on an NX disc/cartridge. At most, it's gonna be all of the content from the other two versions, with more content added on (hence, still being a port as they kept the old work).

Smash isn't a game like Sonic, where they would use the same engine between Unleashed and Generations, and make a whole new experience out of it. Sonic is a story/level driven single-player game, and each game has a specific direction. Smash isn't really like that. It's a content driven multiplayer game. If they are going to re-use the old engine, they are going to take everything they can from the old game too.

The only circumstance under which I can see anything being removed from an updated version for NX, is if their contracts with third parties only cover the one game and they can't arrange a deal to keep certain third party characters. Or if something like Stage Builder turns out to not be compatible, and they don't see it as worth keeping around.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Here's my whole feelings about Smash 4 NX, spoilered because it's a big post and that not everybody would agree with my stance.

I've done my best to make my ideal Smash 4 NX, while still keeping a sense of realism for all of this.

Smash 4 on the NX is a sound idea as a launch or near-launch title, but IMO what would really profit is if it felt like "The Essential Smash 4." To be more specific, the NX version could build off the Wii U version, with 3DS-exclusive content (Stages, Smash Run, the 3DS variation of Classic in addition to the Wii U variant), DLC on the other versions already on the NX version free, and some exclusive features. (Some of my suggestions include the return of Ice Climbers, Online Smash Run, possibly expanded Stage Builder, improved online, improved custom dropping system, a less-limited 8-Player Smash, offline Tournament and Rotation, Alpha (Battlefield) Stage variants.)

The game being near or at NX's release can help sell those who skipped out on the Wii U's release, the combined content can sell those who only bought one of the versions, and the built-in free-of-charge DLC content and added exclusive content could tide over those who felt that the Wii U and 3DS versions were lacking.

TL;DR "The Essential Smash 4" with combined and exclusive content could help sell NX consoles.

I don't fully expect everything that I've said to happen, nor will I force my opinion on others. If you want to debate about any of my points, I will do my best to answer.

So what are you guys doing while waiting for the Nintendo news drought to end? Any games you like to play while waiting?

Also unrelated question; from a scale of 1 to "Like a giant marshmallow," how would you guys rate your bed at its best?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Sorry for the late reply, but the exploit wasn't patched believe it or not. They just updated the game with the latest SDK and didn't fix any bugs whatsoever. That means the exploit still works :p.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm suspicious about what went down with Smash 4's development. At first we were told Sakurai was going to assemble a custom team, and then at some point they switched to hiring Namco for it.

At least some of the dev time was going more slowly than it could have early on.

All a new game needs to differentiate itself is that it revamp the UI a bit and offer a new theme song. Surely it wouldn't take them more than a few months to do that?
Would that be a good idea? In that situation, it can neither call itself a port nor a brand new game. That's probably worse...

I love Smash 3DS, but please no.
I personally don't want Nintendo developing two Smash games at the same time again.

Smash 4 just feels incomplete in a lot of areas.
I'll have to disagree, I didn't have the money to buy a Wii U and a $60 game, but Smash 3DS was within my reach. So I'm very happy that they created a handheld version, and I hope this continues.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'll care about Smash NX when it's actually confirmed. And the fact it may only be a GOTY edition of the last game doesn't help my interest either.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually don't think Smash 3DS is the reason Wii U is lacking in good single-player modes, because 3DS had a much better single-player experience.

With the Wii U version, they insisted on making Classic Mode different for no reason, and just made it worse, for example. They could have just kept the Classic Mode system from 3DS, gave it 2 or 3 more stages or bonus stages, and the Master Fortress, and that would have been enough to set them apart. Instead, they just decided to advertise 8-player Smash with Classic Mode, and added unnecessary random elements to boot.

The Wii U version just lacks a good, fun way of getting custom moves. Smash Run did this perfectly on 3DS. It's like a mini-adventure mode that's different every time. On Wii U? Just get a home run bat and hit people as much as you can in Crazy Orders, and hope the game is merciful enough to give you customs you need.

I would have loved another Adventure Mode on the scale of SSE (in terms of level count, I can do without a story though), but that was a choice they made because of Brawl's cutscenes getting leaked. Dumb, but nothing to do with the 3DS version.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I actually liked 4's theme more than Brawl's but I also got tired of it much faster (probably due to all the rehashes of it).

Part of the reason why I just modded every single menu theme to be something else entirely.

Soul.

The hybrid rumors are still garbage.

What Nintendo were saying was unifying the architecture for both the console and handheld to make software assets more transferrable regardless of form factor as well as avoid software shortages at launch. Nothing about a hybrid.

The dissatisfaction with the effort needed to port Wii software to 3DS and 3DS to Wii U is also a reason to do this.

3DS will keep existing for a while because of Sun and Moon (as well as other RPGs), but sales of the platform peaked in Q3 2012. The hardware is 5 years old. I mean, it helps that it's still getting supported, but they will have to talk about a future handheld soon.

And I don't understand the Smash community's problem with handheld versions lol.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well do you think you could at least explain WHY it's unlikely? That statement doesn't offer much information without the reasoning behind it.
I guess they'd would have been working on both DLC and a new game. IDK, I didn't put much thought into it.

That's subjective.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Honestly, I do hope Smash NX is a thing. It would make way to bring back the Ice Climbers (maybe even Wolf as well), grant us a few new characters if we're lucky enough (which I kinda doubt, but can hope for) and perhaps put in a few more exclusive features/some features from the 3DS version like stages (Corneria is one good example).

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The story is really the only problem I have with it(I personally love the playable cast and the map design is just perfect)
But it's not a secret to anyone that its plot is just complete garbage
Needing to play the other two routes to understand anything, lack of worldbuilding, forced conflict such as chapters only happening because of Iago being ordered to "make Corrin suffer" or things like the Kitsune chapter, Lillith aka the most forced death in history, the whole Hoshido dindu nuffin, Chapter "Buy Revelation" 15, the crystal ball of plot stupidity, Corrin and Azura's plan, "Ryoma will patiently wait for his revenge", Corn saving his enemies twice IN A ROW: first saving Ninja Princess Peach and then saving the WHOLE HOSHIDO ROYAL FAMILY INSTEAD OF TAKING THEM PRISONERS AND ENDING THE WAR SOONER; along with some other stuff I probably forgot
I'll agree to disagree with you on this one. Half of your points seem very subjective.

And, IIRC, Corrin... couldn't take the Hoshidans prisoner due to the neutrality... But whatever.

I actually think by that point, everything was predestined to happen. Fates leans to fatalism compared to Awakening.

Chrono.

From what my friend tells me, FE has always had lackluster plots but it makes it up with fun characters and gameplay.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, put it this way then.

With a game like Smash, and they are using the Wii U versions engine for this "brand new title"...

Do you think they are honestly going to arbitrarily remove the old stages, and make new ones in their place? Do you think they are going to arbitrarily take out characters that are finished and done from the Wii U version, and replace them with new ones?

No, because that would be the dumbest idea ever. Like there would be no benefit to anyone if they did that.

By "port" I don't mean "the exact same game". At least, it could be that - just the Wii U version plopped on an NX disc/cartridge. At most, it's gonna be all of the content from the other two versions, with more content added on (hence, still being a port as they kept the old work).

Smash isn't a game like Sonic, where they would use the same engine between Unleashed and Generations, and make a whole new experience out of it. Sonic is a story/level driven single-player game, and each game has a specific direction. Smash isn't really like that. It's a content driven multiplayer game. If they are going to re-use the old engine, they are going to take everything they can from the old game too.

The only circumstance under which I can see anything being removed from an updated version for NX, is if their contracts with third parties only cover the one game and they can't arrange a deal to keep certain third party characters. Or if something like Stage Builder turns out to not be compatible, and they don't see it as worth keeping around.
I don't necessarily expect them to remove anything out of the Wii U version.

Buuuuttt. . .I don't expect it to just be the Wii U and 3DS versions spliced together either. For one thing because they probably won't want to import every low-res 3DS stage onto Wii U.

What I'm saying is that the possibility should at least be kept open that they'll put a fresh coat of paint on it. They don't have to change what makes it tick, they can just give it a new UI, a new anthem, some new characters and stages, maybe a couple new modes and a pool of new items and Assists, wrap it up in a little bow and call it a day.

Would that be a good idea? In that situation, it can neither call itself a port nor a brand new game. That's probably worse...

I'll have to disagree, I didn't have the money to buy a Wii U and a $60 game, but Smash 3DS was within my reach. So I'm very happy that they created a handheld version, and I hope this continues.
They don't have to JUST change that. After all, we're already working under the assumption that it's possible Mr. Port is getting new stages and characters. They can import more trophy models, add more music, do the things I said in the other response in this post. I'm just saying that all you need to technically make a new game is a fresh coat of paint.

Maybe considering the backlash Pokemon and Call of Duty get for recycling less than that indicates it might not go over well, I guess. Then again, NOTHING about Smash ever goes over well, so perhaps it doesn't even matter.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If there's one thing I want a potential Smash NX to have, it's the inclusion of Smash Run.

Smash Run is so much fun and has a ton of potential to be even greater. I hope it becomes a main stay for the series.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Buuuuttt. . .I don't expect it to just be the Wii U and 3DS versions spliced together either. For one thing because they probably won't want to import every low-res 3DS stage onto Wii U.

As for changing the UI and theme song, I don't think they will do that unless it truly is a new version from the ground up. That wouldn't change the fact it's a port either.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

As for changing the UI and theme song, I don't think they will do that unless it truly is a new version from the ground up. That wouldn't change the fact it's a port either.
I didn't say they wouldn't want to import any, I said not EVERY.

Three low-res N64 stages doesn't automatically equate 28 low-res 3DS stages.

I still hate the idea of any advanced port.

I hate Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom, I hate Ultra Street Fighter, and I hate every other version of that sales model that exists. I don't want to pay full price for a port from one gen ago.

Unless they go full blast with new content (doubtful) or it's just all the DLC (almost 0% chance of happening) I'm going to be extremely dissapointed, especially if it winds up being the only smash for the generation, which is a distinct possibility.
:061:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm gonna believe Smash NX when I see it.
And even then I don't expect it to be some brand spanking new game with all these new wonderful characters and such. Wait 'till Smash 5 for that.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

I hate Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom, I hate Ultra Street Fighter, and I hate every other version of that sales model that exists. I don't want to pay full price for a port from one gen ago.

Unless they go full blast with new content (doubtful) I'm going to be extremely dissapointed, especially if it winds up being the only smash for the generation, which is a distinct possibility.
Unfortunately enough, a Smash remake is a distinct possibility. If Sakurai hadn't been on board for SSBB, the Wii Smash would have been basically Melee+.

I can easily see Nintendo doing it again with the NX.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't say they wouldn't want to import any, I said not EVERY.

Three low-res N64 stages doesn't automatically equate 28 low-res 3DS stages.
Why wouldn't they import all of them in a special combination port, if they are gonna do any?

You mentioned "low-res" so I'm assuming you're saying that's why they wouldn't port them.

But if they actually cared about that, then why would they go as "low-res" as N64?

You're literally making zero sense here.

Plus, the stages themselves aren't "low-res", just the 3DS resolution.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll care about Smash NX when it's actually confirmed. And the fact it may only be a GOTY edition of the last game doesn't help my interest either.

Unless they go full blast with new content (doubtful) or it's just all the DLC (almost 0% chance of happening) I'm going to be extremely dissapointed, especially if it winds up being the only smash for the generation, which is a distinct possibility.

I'll care about a new Smash Bros. game when there's actually a new one coming out and not some quick cash grab meant to boost NX sales for a short while. The Wii U game did not do that system any favors and I don't see some gigantic increase with the NX.

Personally, I'd find it pretty funny to see people mistaking the port for a new game (should it be released later on), causing some kind of consumer confusion between the two.

But whatever, I guess. I suppose it'd be better than nothing, but I'm much more interested in original titles coming out for the hardware. If it does come into fruition and ends up being the sole Smash Bros. game for the system, it'd be quite disappointing. Then again, that's just what I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom