• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There was a french made thriller movie where the director added low frequency sounds inaudible to humans to it

While inaudible, it still has effects on humans such as causing anxiety

I'm not sure if that's brilliant or bad. And I wonder how the movie actually holds without it

Edit: Apparently US movies have done that as well. I kind of feel it's a cheap cop out, artificially inflating the "terror" in a crappy horror movie

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
From Star Wars to straight up frikking Independence Day...what's next The Matrix?
but this theme though...
One thing I appreciate in a soundtrack is a fair amount of variety...We got that one funky Jazz track covered here...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
From Star Wars to straight up frikking Independence Day...what's next The Matrix?
but this theme though...
One thing I appreciate in a soundtrack is a fair amount of variety...We got that one funky Jazz track covered here...
One of my favorite tracks in the game. I wish this song and stage were in Smash.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Looks like another new texture hack has decided to join in...

First there's Flying Mario, and now, Ice Mario has entered the fray as well. Ice Mario replaces Mario's 3rd palette swap.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
HQ NAMCO RIPS

Just for the sake of a new thread...

Favourite Video Game Franchise: The Legend of Zelda/Metroid (too close to choose decisively)
Favourite Video Game: Metroid Prime
Favourite Video Game Character(s): :4link::4samus:
Most Wanted Characters for Smash: Midna, Dark Samus
Most Wanted Stages for Smash: Phendrana Drifts, Clock Town, Noctilum, Tetris
Sm4sh Mains::4link::4zss::4cloud2::4samus:
Secondaries::4myfriends::4falco::4sheik::4littlemac:
Favorite VG Franchise: Mario, Kirby. Sonic's beginning to rise up there.
Favorite Video Game: Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
Most Wanted Characters for Smash: Bandanna Waddle Dee, Ice Climbers, Waluigi, & Knuckles
Most Wanted Stages for Smash: 3D World, Bowser Castle, Mario Clash, NES Remix, Tetris, Gyromite, Tourian, Bubbly Clouds, Cave of the Past, Rhythm Remix, Alola Pokemon League, Octo Valley, Palmtree Panic, Monkey Target
Sm4sh Main: :4gaw:

Last edited:
but this theme though...
I seriously love this track, and when I think of the variety of KIU's OST, I think of Dark Pit (air half) and this crazy track.

It's such a bizarre song to have in the game compared to the rest but it fits so well. <3

P.S, in the chapter AFTER Aurum Island, at one point there will be a set of 3 grindrails. The one n the left will have a special area. TAKE THIS DETOUR. I'm a huge fan of the dialogue there :p

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
My sister has been binge watching Friends and I randomly heard her mention her Friends ships.

Help me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a poll in Catherine

"Would you risk everything to get your lover back"

Apparently the majority of men would not

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I seriously love this track, and when I think of the variety of KIU's OST, I think of Dark Pit (air half) and this crazy track.

It's such a bizarre song to have in the game compared to the rest but it fits so well. <3

P.S, in the chapter AFTER Aurum Island, at one point there will be a set of 3 grindrails. The one n the left will have a special area. TAKE THIS DETOUR. I'm a huge fan of the dialogue there :p
I've already played through the following Chapter...I know which part you're talking about though I remember seeing one of the grindrails trail off somewhere but I was unable to get to it in time...perhaps in another playthrough of that level...

Airpoizon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
(Private)
3DS FC
0946-2898-1267
Poyo~ I found myself in a new thread which I can never escape from... Even if just lurking

I guess I should answer those questions Only Human kicked off with:

Fave VG Franchise: :4kirby:
Fave VG: iunno man it changes all the time tbh
Fave VG Characters: :4kirby::4marth:, most others are really just rotating in flavour of the month fashion
Most Wanted Chara/Stage in Smash: uhh tbh if it's creative and is realised well I'm happy with anyone and anything
Sm4sh Mains: :4marth::4shulk:
Sm4sh Secondaries: :4corrinf::rosalina::4littlemac::4robinf:

In other news, interesting finding on FECipher's Twitter/website:

if my eyes don't deceive me, it looks like a Roy FE14 style sprite has been made (it's in a couple of places on that image)
-> Roy amiibo compatibility for FE14 confirmed??
(The blue haired one left of Lucina in the bottom left blue back image I can't tell for certain but I'm guessing Chrom given that he's one of the main Lords in the FE13 decks)
Sure does look like Roy, really hoping for that support feature for his amiibo soon. I wanna see what he will sound like in English lol.

D

Deleted member

*reaches boss*
*kills almost all enemies nearby*
*need to leave Selena in boss range to kill the last one*
*miss*
*boss and remaining enemy kill her on enemy phase*
*reset*
I want to get out of this cave someone help

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Hey everyone. I'm hoping a bunch of you will come participate in this monthly forum game that just started. I'll be collectively ranking Smashboards' favorite games on each Nintendo system leading up to the NX. We're still on the first round, the NES. All you have to do is rank and post what you believe are the top ten greatest games for the system.

http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...month-1-nintendo-entertainment-system.436859/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just leaned about some "interesting" youtube drama from Encyclopedia Dramatica

Retsupurae actually retsupuraed Cr1tikal

But removed it shortly after for various reasons. Including the fact Cr1tikal donates the money he gets from Youtube all to charity

Another possible reason is that Cr1tikal has over 10 times the amount of subscribers as Retsupurae

Edit: Took me forever to find the right number

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just leaned about some "interesting" youtube drama from Encyclopedia Dramatica

Retsupurae actually retsupuraed Cr1tikal

But removed it shortly after for various reasons. Including the fact Cr1tikal donates the money he gets from Youtube all to charity

Another possible reason is that Cr1tikal has over 10 times the amount of subscribers as Retsupurae

Edit: Took me forever to find the right number
In terms of subscriber count, they've made fun of (for lack of a better word) Internet celebrities before and even after the video. They also had a bout with Nostalgia Critic a while ago as well. So I don't think it's subscriber count that kicked it off.

Last edited:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
but this theme though...
Ahh, my favorite song from KIU! Me and a friend once talked about how out of place jazz was in this game, but then it hit us: the Aurum are ridiculously out of place themselves, so of course music from their chapter is gonna sound different from everything else! I'm not sure if that's what the composer intended, but it makes sense to me!

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
but this theme though...
A few seconds in: I don't see why you guys like this song so much it sounds-

Trumpet kicks in: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Ok now I see.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Chapter 11 in Birthright in Lunatic Classic was intense.

My brain is fried after that one. Nearly lost units two or three times and things get tight near the end, but I managed to make it through with everyone in tact. Azura also did quite a few dodges while at critical health.

It's great when the game really stresses you like that, though.

Also I thought this was funny:

"Can I not have supper in peace without you trying to seduce me?"

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ahh, my favorite song from KIU! Me and a friend once talked about how out of place jazz was in this game, but then it hit us: the Aurum are ridiculously out of place themselves, so of course music from their chapter is gonna sound different from everything else! I'm not sure if that's what the composer intended, but it makes sense to me!
It's definitely a breath of fresh air compared to the symphonic compositions from the rest of the soundtrack...of course not harping on the rest of the soundtrack...

Pretty much the great thing about this track was how unexpected it was...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of Kid Icarus: Uprising's OST, I had found this not too long ago, which may interest you.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Basically commentary from director Masahiro Sakurai, composers Yasunori Mitsuda, Motoi Sakuraba, Yuzo Koshiro, Masafumi Takada, Noriyuki Iwadare and Takahiro Nishi, and orchestrator Natsumi Kameoka on the game's music production. Worth a read for those who like the soundtrack and video game music overall.

And yes, the soundtrack is amazing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chapter 17 may be the Ninja **** Cave but at least it has one of my favorite bosses and convos in the series
TOP 10 BATTLES IN ANIME

"It's your time to die!"
He did, he actually said it
10/10 fitting quote

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Oh hey, new thread, neato.

enjoy some completely pointless ramblings inspired by my latest playthrough of FE4:

Man, Chapter 10 of FE4 is so weird. Miletos feels so much like just a filler are that they needed to pad out the length of of the game, or to prevent from having to reuse an area or something. Most of the other regions had some connection to the main characters, or some buildup in prior chapters, but I think Miletos was only mentioned about ones or twice. It's just like "oh crap, there's an area of the world that we haven't been to yet, let's detour through there first!"

Riddell also confuses the heck out of me. His dialogue sounds to me like he should be recruitable, or that he should be some major boss...but he's just another generic boss with a generic mug. Weird.

At least the music's good. ^^

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Might as well gush about Fates music.

This needs to be in the next Smash game, port or otherwise.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't actually plan on getting Fire Emblem Fates.

I've been having fun with Hyrule Warriors Legends. Plus, I also want to finish Bravely Default, Zelda: A Link to the Past and Azure Striker Gunvolt.

On top of that, I'd like to get Bravely Second and Project X Zone 2.

Plus, the 9 anime series I'm watching this season. (Though I'm considering dropping one of them and I haven't kept up with all of them...)

Don't have time for all that considering my finals start next week. :grin:

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, these are neat fanarts of the new starters...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion about the recent One Minute Melee. The sequel to Bowser Jr. vs Mecha Sonic came out today, and man, it's worth watching.

Skip to 1:20 to avoid the ad

I was expecting Mecha Sonic to destroy Bowser here, so I was surprised to see Bowser won. I still wonder how do they determine winners though if they don't do research. Is it a coin flip, or do they just pick the character thanks to popularity.

Ah well, I'm happy Bowser got to avenge his son. Those final 30 seconds were pretty awesome to see, particularly the end when Bowser used the clawed gloves to reflect that energy ball back.

Last edited:
The results of the pain

Lyn does not have many strategies. But why get new ones when "Dodge every single attack and crit constantly" works so well?

Heath and Louise are sitting at the bottom of the screen, perfectly fine as well :p

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Hello, this is a comment so I still get alerts. As i rarely comment, but I still enjoy reading/lurking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom