• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just for the sake of a new thread...

Favourite Video Game Franchise: The Legend of Zelda/Metroid (too close to choose decisively)
Favourite Video Game: Metroid Prime
Favourite Video Game Character(s): :4link::4samus:
Most Wanted Characters for Smash: Midna, Dark Samus
Most Wanted Stages for Smash: Phendrana Drifts, Clock Town, Noctilum, Tetris
Sm4sh Mains::4link::4zss::4cloud2::4samus:
Secondaries::4myfriends::4falco::4sheik::4littlemac:
Guess I'll join in on the fun.

Favorite Video Game Franchise: Pokemon

Favorite Video Game: I don't know. It's a toss-up between Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon OmegaRuby, and Fire Emblem Fates (all versions, I can't decide which version I like more) right now.

Favorite Video Game Character(s): Professor Layton, Jean Descole, Gallade, Greninja, Steven Stone, N Harmonia, Luigi, Takumi, Ragna the Bloodedge, Noel Vermillion, Lars Alexanderson, Jin Kazama are the ones that I can name off the top of my head right now.

Most Wanted Characters for Smash: Professor Layton, Gallade, Azura, Bandana Dee, Tetra, Impa, Inkling, and Wolf (for a return)

Most Wanted Stages for Smash: Hoshido Fields (the battlefield where the big decision battle takes place) or Cyrkensia Theatre (where Azura's dance cutscene takes place) for a Fire Emblem Fates stage, London (Layton stage), Cave of Origin, Lor Starcutter, Bowser's Castle, Fountain of Dreams (for a return), and Fourside (for a return)

Sm4sh mains: :4greninja::4corrinf:

Sm4sh secondaries: :4cloud::4shulk:, sometimes:4ryu: and :4lucario: as well

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Favourite Video Game Franchise: The Legend of Zelda/Metroid (too close to choose decisively)
Favorite Video Game Franchise: Probably Pokemon. Best Guess. Mario and Kirby are up there.

Favorite Video Game: Super Mario Bros 3

Favorite Video Game Characters: Bowser, King Dedede, Blastoise

Most Wanted Characters for Smash: Geno, Sukapon, Dillon, Blastoise!

Most Wanted Stages for Smash: I GOT MY MOST WANTED STAGE IN SMASH 3DS! Magicant! Other than that, Bowser's Castle.

Smash Mains: Bowser Jr, Sheik, and Duck Hunt

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
How good IS Overwatch? I saw a couple vids on it and I feel really optimistic about it..
i played the beta wasn't really impressed with it... it feels like Team fortress 2 would be fine to kill some time i guess but Battleborn is great and feels so crazy fun to me ... sorry i guess i like battleborn...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Heeey, new thread.

I'd like to request votes for our new mascot, Push-Chan. :p

:231:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Now we got that John Williams vibe...

This game just went full Star Wars...this entire chapter basically takes place on the Death Star...

No wonder Sakurai keeps comparing himself to George:4lucas:...

D

Deleted member

Favorite Video Game Franchises : Smash, Metroid, Xenoblade and Pokémon.

(Top 5) Favorite Video Games : Metroid Prime, Smash Bros. for Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles, Donkey Kong Country 2 and Chrono Trigger.

Favorite Video Game Characters : :4samus::4shulk::4robinm:and pretty Shantae, to name a few.

Most Wanted Characters for Smash : I got my most wanted ones ever (:4robinm::4shulk:), otherwise Dixie Kong, Sylux and pretty Shantae would be nice too.

Most Wanted Stages for Smash : Any area from DKC2, Phendrana Drifts, Skytown, Eryth Sea.

Sm4sh Mains : :4zss::4robinm::4shulk::4cloud2:

Secondaries : :4samus::4mewtwo:

Also, #SpaceWorld2016 hype. ;)

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
First, I picked "yes", but what I actually meant was "I had a strong feeling".

Second, I saw people calling Bernie the "lesser evil" and I'm completely baffled, is it just because you Americans are too conservative and his crazy liberal ideas are too different from what you're used to? Everything I've seen from him looks like it's leading to him wanting to make America more like Canada. Health care, gun control, etc, even more so with something I've wanted here for a long time, FREE POST-SECONDARY SCHOOL. He seems like the perfect choice to me, as a Canadian.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Favourite Video Game Franchise: Final Fantasy
Favourite Video Game: Final Fantasy VII
Favourite Video Game Character(s): :4sheik::4fox::4falco: Inkling, Isaac, Kyle Hyde, Kratos Aurion, Zelos Wilder, Phoenix Wright, Apollo Justice
Most Wanted Characters for Smash: Isaac, Inkling, Azura to name a few
Most Wanted Stages for Smash: Any area from Splatoon, a gimmicky Nintendo GameCube stage, the map from chapter 1 of Fire Emblem Fates (where Corrin confronts Xander on the rooftop of the fortress)
Sm4sh Mains::4sheik::4marth:
Secondaries: :4cloud::4luigi::4fox:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
First, I picked "yes", but what I actually meant was "I had a strong feeling".

Second, I saw people calling Bernie the "lesser evil" and I'm completely baffled, is it just because you Americans are too conservative and his crazy liberal ideas are too different from what you're used to? Everything I've seen from him looks like it's leading to him wanting to make America more like Canada. Health care, gun control, etc, even more so with something I've wanted here for a long time, FREE POST-SECONDARY SCHOOL. He seems like the perfect choice to me, as a Canadian.
I don't think America wants to be like Canada

D

Deleted member

Favorite video game franchise: I'll go with Pokemon.
Favorite video game: Idk
Favorite video game character: Are Pokemon allowed? If yes, then Chandelure is my favorite. Otherwise I'm not sure
Most wanted characters for Smash: :wolf:,:popo:,:snake:, Porky (Mother)
Most wanted stage: I dunno honestly
Sm4sh mains: :4ness::4dedede::4lucas::4bowser:
Sm4sh secondaries: :4myfriends::4zss::4falcon:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Favorite Franchise: Super Mario
Favorite Video Game: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Favorite Video Game Character: Nabbit/Ravio
Most Smash Wanted: Nabbit, Daisy, Waluigi, Captain Toad, Azura
Most Wanted Stage: Bowser Castle, Dragon Roost Island
Smash Mains: :4pacman::4corrin::4diddy::4dedede::4duckhunt:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I don't think America wants to be like Canada
That's kind of a problem when you're advertised as the "Land of the Free", but almost all of the freedom is next door.

Before anyone says anything, I'm not trying to force my political beliefs on anyone, I just don't understand how anyone can use the same word (evil) to describe Donald Trump AND someone trying to put the country on the same level as the rest of the "free world".

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's kind of a problem when you're advertised as the "Land of the Free", but almost all of the freedom is next door.

Before anyone says anything, I'm not trying to force my political beliefs on anyone.
It's referring to Freedom, not the government handing out free stuff on he backs of the working classes dollar

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
It's referring to Freedom, not the government handing out free stuff on he backs of the working classes dollar
That's an incredibly depressing and somewhat backwards way of looking at it.

First of all, it's not like the "working class" pays for these things AND has to pay for them again later for themselves. Instead of paying thousands of dollars all at once for a medical bill, a comparitively small percentage is taken so you don't have to worry in the event of an emergency. Plus, at this point unemployment has skyrocketed, not because people choose not to work but because jobs are being taken away, whether it's closures, mass lay offs, or automation to blame, the people in these situations deserve to be safe just as much as anyone else. Can you imagine being poor and breaking an arm or worse and going to the hospital and either being turned away or being forced to spend the rest of your life in debt because a piece of paper says you didn't have enough pieces of paper in your pocket?

To the rest of the world it sometimes seems like the US just refuses to be the same out of spite and fear of change.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's an incredibly depressing and somewhat backwards way of looking at it.

First of all, it's not like the "working class" pays for these things AND has to pay for them again later for themselves. Instead of paying thousands of dollars all at once for a medical bill, a comparitively small percentage is taken so you don't have to worry in the event of an emergency. Plus, at this point unemployment has skyrocketed, not because people choose not to work but because jobs are being taken away, whether it's closures, mass lay offs, or automation to blame, the people in these situations deserve to be safe just as much as anyone else. Can you imagine being poor and breaking an arm or worse and going to the hospital and either being turned away or being forced to spend the rest of your life in debt because a piece of paper says you didn't have enough pieces of paper in your pocket?

To the rest of the world it sometimes seems like the US just refuses to be the same out of spite and fear of change.
The US' rate of employment is better than Canada's and the highest we've ever been, in 1982 is lower than the highest Canada has ever had by 3%

The US' rate is currently at 5%, which is lower than the average rate while Canada is at 7.1%

I wonder if all that free stuff encourages Canadians to stay unemployed longer

Edit: Although it looks like it inreased to 5.5% this month, which is still below average

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You sure work fast. I wasn't expecting the new thread so soon.

And I see we're off to a good start by discussing politics! :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
someone trying to put the country on the same level as the rest of the "free world".
I assume you mean Europe, Canada, Australia and parts of Asia.

Europe is in an economic crisis and has been since before the decade started (USA, Canada, Australia and Asia have all recovered much better).

India, Japan, China and Russia have varying political spectrum, programs and results.

And Canada and Australia are fusions of the USA and Europe politically and economically speaking.

Why does the US have to be like the other countries? It's honestly in a good place with its own unique strengths and weaknesses. What's with the patronizing attitude? That's just blatant ethnocentrism. Like the US is somehow lesser because its different, even though it has among the lowest unemployment rates wordwide (especially among developed countries), a surprisingly stable economy and encouraging social change.

We're in a fine position.

D

Deleted member

What did I say about the spam in the first 20 pages? Oh, who am I kidding, I'm guilty on this too

Well, Push-chan is our mascot now, can we have Frosty-senpai as well?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I demand we photoshop Push's head on this.

Then Push-chan will become a reality.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Another 2000 pages, another thread.

Favorite Video Game Franchise: Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario, Rayman.

Favorite Video Game: Sonic Generations, Super Mario Galaxy 1+2, Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc

Favorite Video Game Character(s): Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario, Rayman, Pac-Man

Most Wanted Smash Characters: Rayman, Inkling, Shantae, King K.Rool

Most Wanted Smash Stages: City Escape(Sonic), Band Land(Rayman), Inkopolis(Splatoon), Tetris

Smash 4 Mains::4sonic::4mario::4megaman::4pacman:
Secondaries::4littlemac::4pit::4palutena::4duckhunt::4villager:

D

Deleted member

Hey, I'm playing Earthbound right now, and I have a question to anyone who ever played it.
Is there a place in Fire spring where you can only encountering Major Psychic Psychos, without any other enemies whatsoever?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why do social threads always die when I'm asleep?

Well I'm still here to play the role of being that one guy with so few distinguishing characteristics that he never gets a shout-out.

D

Deleted member

I demand a Beach episode and a Baseball episode if we're going full anime
Holy ****, Arthur is ****ing boss. He nearly gets crit by a 1% chance, but lol Guard Stance. He then counter crits out of vengeance, for justice!
That's his thing
He's Joshua with an axe, ****ty luck but rains down crits like it's nothing
I always end up with him getting benched, unfortunately

D

Deleted member

You, my friend, are Hoshidan scum by benching JUSTICE
It's not my fault
You know when you bench a character for a map and then every consecutive map doesn't have enough deployment slots and the character just stays on the bench?
Honestly, I think he's the only character I haven't brought to Endgame or that I'm not bringing in this save(besides all the kids I'm not using)

I did use Charlotte though, she's blind, unfortunately, and frail as ****
But hitting a crit with her is SO satisfying, especially with her quotes

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's not my fault
You know when you bench a character for a map and then every consecutive map doesn't have enough deployment slots and the character just stays on the bench?
Honestly, I think he's the only character I haven't brought to Endgame or that I'm not bringing in this save(besides all the kids I'm not using)

I did use Charlotte though, she's blind, unfortunately, and frail as ****
But hitting a crit with her is SO satisfying, especially with her quotes
I've gotten better luck with the axe users than you, Charlotte crit almost everything she fought so far

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Saying that Bernie is trying to make the US like Canada is weird, as I'm pretty sure he himself cited the Nordic countries as inspirations. I like him because he's focusing on social welfare and the environment, unlike the frontrunners. I'll leave it at that.

----------

Valkyria Chronicles is pretty mercilessly hard... just like real war.

D

Deleted member

I've gotten better luck with the axe users than you, Charlotte crit almost everything she fought so far
I mean, if she does hit, she WILL crit
But I feel like she isn't that worth the investment
She is a great character and it's fun to use her but I had to babysit her untol Chapter 20 for her to become useful

Btw, spare the guy from Chapter 16 if you haven't beaten it yet, trust me on that one

Burruni

Smash Hero
Saying that Bernie is trying to make the US like Canada is weird, as I'm pretty sure he himself cited the Nordic countries as inspirations. I like him because he's focusing on social welfare and the environment, unlike the frontrunners. I'll leave it at that.

----------

Valkyria Chronicles is pretty mercilessly hard... just like real war.

>Stands at All A-Ranks (on normal) without using NG+ bonuses.

I guess some people just have the right skills.

(Edit: Really though, getting Jane and Marina early gave me some of the best damn units in the game. Shame that Largo's the only real competant Lancer until you get its Uber).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ALL RIGHT! WE HAVE A NEW THREEEEEEEEEAD NOW!

Wonder what Dreamcast game I should get. Hrm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom