• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Today in Pokemon Go I caught a Beedrill and soon after that a Squirtle. I now have all 3 starters!!

As for the trailer:
  • Hate that weird creepy Bewear thing even more.
  • Really like Wimpod. Looks prehistoric. Very cool Bug imo.
  • Bounsweet is kinda adorable but overall meh.
  • Comfey is a great idea! Got dat Hawaii vibe captured XD. It fittingly is a fairy type. Can't wait to see what it evolves to.
  • Mudsdale is officially my new favourite Ground type. I love it! And I'm not ussually fond of ground or rock types.
  • Mimikyu!!!!! <3 <3 <3

I just realized mudsdale looks like it has lef warmers and it's rail looks like one of its feet. . . weird

"Unfortunately, [bouncsweet is] sometimes swallowed whole by Pokémon drawn to its aroma."

Brutal.jpg

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There was a problem fetching the tweet

So there's an affair going on at Disneyland.
Tweet isn't working anymore. Regardless, what happened at Disneyland?

Also I'm gonna try more Pokémon GO now because I have to go out for a few errands for a bit anyway. Hopefully it works a bit better.

EDIT: Oh it's working now. I saw that before, pretty funny. I thought you meant something had happened, like an actual controversy. :p

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
What was B2/W2 post game?
You meet N again, fight him, catch Reshiram/Zekrom, fight Cynthia, catch some legendaries (Latias/Latios and Cresselia are the ones that I remember), and you go find treasure underwater.
I might've forgot a few things though.
Adding on about B2/W2's postgame:

You also have that tower in Black City/the tree in White Forest with those many floors filled with trainers and Alder's grandson, Benga, waiting to battle at the top, fighting Alder in Flocessy town, and catching Legendaries like the Lake Guardians, the Regis, Latios/Latias, Heatran, Cresselia, and the Unova legendaries. The postgame area expansion this time around is everything from Skyarrow Bridge to the starting town of the first B/W games. Twist Mountain is also expanded in the postgame. You can even obtain special Pokemon such as an Eevee with its hidden ability, a shiny Gible or a shiny Dratini for beating Alder's grandson, and a shiny Haxorus in a special area after completing the Unova dex.

------

Didn't expect we get a new Sun and Moon trailer this soon, but I'd thought I'd share some thoughts about the news.

Wimpod looks pretty neat with that ancient look to it, though it's going to be a pain to catch in the wild with that "Wimp Out" ability. I only wonder if this ability will allow you to pick which Pokemon to switch or if it's like Roar where a Pokemon is chosen at random, assuming you own a Wimpod and it activates the ability.

Bounsweet looks like Cherubi's sister mon considering they both look like cherries, though between the two, I like Bounsweet more.

Comfey looks like another Fairy-type that emphasizes flowers. It looks nice. I like the flower crown design going for it. I think it's also worth mentioning that its ability, Triage, gives it priority whenever it uses healing moves, which is actually pretty good for competitive. Something tells me it will evolve into a more defensive Pokemon because of this.

Mudsdale is my favorite of the bunch revealed today. Looks shaggy, but pretty powerful at the same time. Stamina is a pretty cool ability considering it boosts Defense whenever it gets hit by an attack. The website states that Mudsdale has low speed but high attacking power and stamina, so I think this means its specialty states will be Attack and Defense with Speed being on the low side. I also think Mudsdale is the final evolution in its evolution line. Its roughly 8 feet high and looks quite developed overall.

Can't say much about Bewear and Mimikyu since we already knew about them. "Bewear" is a funny name though, but that Fluffy ability sounds pretty interesting. Mimikyu's ability being a one-time Substitute sounds pretty nice as well.

And the ability to finally boost the IV's of a Pokemon without ever having to breed to gain the right IV value? Yes please! I like how you can even grow IVs when a Pokemon is at Level 100, but I hope that a non-level 100 Pokemon can also make use of this Hyper Training feature. It's also nice to see that the Global Link will finally allow you to create your own competitions.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually like Wimpod, but I hope it evolves. Maybe into something Brave, lol

Bananija

Count of Trickery
About the new pokémons:

Wimpod is a pretty cool pokémon, I like the concept behind it.
I'm not really a fan of the horse design but he seems all right.
The grass one looks cute, but give me an impression of déjà-vu for some reason.
The fairy flower necklace is original and fit well the haiwain theme, so bonus point for that.
Mimikyu is still awesome.
Bewear name, for some reason, grew on me.

He's just standing there... menacingly

menacing.jpeg
Fixed it for you.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, Nintendo's stock price is above Sony's.

Just look at that jump since Pokémon GO's launch.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Huh, didn't expect a trailer this soon.

-Wimpod is cool, the ability will be a pain to deal with when catching it, but it's nice to get another Bug/Water type. Hopefully it sticks to that typing though as Surskit losing it upon evolution was a shame.
-Bewear has a neat name, still don't care for the design though. Fluffy seems like it'd be a decent defensive ability, though I'm a bit concerned about that Fire drawback since it's a pretty common attacking type.
-Mimikyu still has a great concept, that ability could also be useful since having a built in Substitute means it can set-up on/finish off any Pokémon it's up against for free.
-Mudsdale has a neat design and its ability could be helpful if it's pretty tanky.
-Bounsweet I think is a bit bland, I'm hoping its evolution will be a lot better as it doesn't leave a strong impression on me.
-Comfey also doesn't interest me too much, it's interesting to see it based off of a Lei, but its design doesn't click with me.
-Hyper Training is a great addition and it will be really helpful for IV breeding, I'm curious how you get Bottle caps though as I'm hoping you don't have to go out of your way to farm them.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, Nintendo's stock price is above Sony's.

Just look at that jump since Pokémon GO's launch.
"Guys, it's obvious that Nintendo is dead. The Wii U is trash, they are never going to go up again after that"
-Some troll in the forest.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Zoroarking
Because by basic definition it IS a remake.

------
New Pokémon!

Mudsdale is easily my favorite of the bunch. Clydesdales are beautiful horses, so it's nice to see one.
Comfey looks adorable as well. Not sure why I didn't think of a lei Pokémon for Hawaii, but it fits well. :p
Bewear wins best name, that is all.

Current team decision:
Popplio
Pikipek
Mudsdale
Drampa
(Insert predicted Grass-Fire Tiki)
(Insert my hopes and dreams of a Normal-Ghost Opossum)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think today is the day I'm going to get a Nidoking.

I'm not sure, I need to get 25 more candies to evolve nidoran to nidorino, then I already have the 100 to get it to Nidoking

D

Deleted member

So, I heard full on IV training is gonna be in Pokemon now.

About dang time.

I am a bit worried GF will find a way to ruin it though; Is there any current indication on how rare the required Bottle Caps will be? How many of them are needed to max out a Pokemon? Are there any particularly good grind spots to raise Pokemon to 100? Hopefully GF will answer these questions soon; I want to know if I should bother getting hyped about Bike Simulator finally being over or not. :p

Oh, and Mimikyu is officially my favorite Gen 7 Pokemon now. Ghost Fairy with a built in Substitute? Yes please!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So happy you can manipulate IVs now. Basically the only thing you need to look for is Natures now. :p

D

Deleted member

Bewear's ability is literally a worse version of Furfrou's Fur Coat
-gives Fire weakness
-reduces damage only from attacks that MAKE CONTACT, not physical ones(though it may reduce damage from things like Grass Knot)
Meanwhile, Fur Coat halves damage from ALL physical attacks(and you want that Earthquake resistance) with no drawbacks
What was the point, GF?
@Zoroarking
Because by basic definition it IS a remake.

------
New Pokémon!

Mudsdale is easily my favorite of the bunch. Clydesdales are beautiful horses, so it's nice to see one.
Comfey looks adorable as well. Not sure why I didn't think of a lei Pokémon for Hawaii, but it fits well. :p
Bewear wins best name, that is all.

Current team decision:
Popplio
Pikipek
Mudsdale
Drampa
(Insert predicted Grass-Fire Tiki)
(Insert my hopes and dreams of a Normal-Ghost Opossum)
Uh, no? Pokemon third versions have always been akin to SF's turbo/super/whatever editions, it's the same game with things added. It's even on the same handheld

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Pokemon GO actually worked today. Only got 3 new Pokemon, but I caught a bunch of extras and got a few eggs, including two 5km ones. I also am starting to master the curveball throws.

This is pretty much my entire haul for today.

Staryu appeared after I sat down to eat in McDonald's so that was funny. Wonder what he was eating. I should have taken a picture of that with the AR. :p

They REALLY need to fix the tracking system though. That Pidgeotto I found the other day but got screwed out of because this game is buggy, is still floating around McDonald's. But I can't accurately hunt for him because the tracker doesn't work.

And there is an Abra near my house right now but again, I can't tell which direction to go.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So Pokemon GO actually worked today. Only got 3 new Pokemon, but I caught a bunch of extras and got a few eggs, including two 5km ones. I also am starting to master the curveball throws.

This is pretty much my entire haul for today.

Staryu appeared after I sat down to eat in McDonald's so that was funny. Wonder what he was eating. I should have taken a picture of that with the AR. :p

They REALLY need to fix the tracking system though. That Pidgeotto I found the other day but got screwed out of because this game is buggy, is still floating around McDonald's. But I can't accurately hunt for him because the tracker doesn't work.

And there is an Abra near my house right now but again, I can't tell which direction to go.
There is an abra that always appears near my house but I can never find it

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bewear's ability is literally a worse version of Furfrou's Fur Coat
-gives Fire weakness
-reduces damage only from attacks that MAKE CONTACT, not physical ones(though it may reduce damage from things like Grass Knot)
Meanwhile, Fur Coat halves damage from ALL physical attacks(and you want that Earthquake resistance) with no drawbacks
What was the point, GF?

Uh, no? Pokemon third versions have always been akin to SF's turbo/super/whatever editions, it's the same game with things added. It's even on the same handheld
That's all well and good, but the dictionary disagrees.
remake
noun (ˈriːˌmeɪk)
something that is made again, esp a new version of an old film
the act of making again or anew

Replace film with video game and it fits Platinum to a tee. And yeah, that'd include super/turbo/hyper versions too. Doesn't stop them being remakes by basic definition.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Finally, we have a Pokemon based on objectively the best horse on the planet.

I'm definitely going to catch me that Mudsdale. The fandom better not disappoint and make plenty of Budweiser Stable parodies with him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Finally, we have a Pokemon based on objectively the best horse on the planet.

I'm definitely going to catch me that Mudsdale. The fandom better not disappoint and make plenty of Budweiser Stable parodies with him.
I mean that's pretty much a given. It's probably what Clydesdales are most known for. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No lie, the horse looks kind of dope. I'll name him after the line from Gumbi.

Meanwhile, I'm already in love with the horseshoe crab already. Quick Balls will be a necessity to catch these shy creatures before they run away.

I would laugh so hard if Bewear becomes the new Pedobear on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom