• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
It's fitting, but London is overrun by Rattata's. Also, Drowzee's and Pidgey's.

I don't like this because I don't like the first two.
so heres a question for pokemon go

whats the next gen you think they will roll out? like will they roll out gen 7 first to tie in with sun/moon

i mean the obvious answer is gen 2 but gen 6 would require the least amount of work(if they only add new pokemon to that gen)
I think they will go with either gen XY/ORAS and then Sun/Moon gen when it releases.

or......go in order lol.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I want Johto and Unova to be rolled out in particular.

Mainly because I want my Ursaring, Crobat, Sawsbuck, and Chandelure.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

whats the next gen you think they will roll out? like will they roll out gen 7 first to tie in with sun/moon

i mean the obvious answer is gen 2 but gen 6 would require the least amount of work(if they only add new pokemon to that gen)
Can they roll Missingno.? :upsidedown:

Speaking of which, a strawpoll:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10762413

Chrono.

I think they'll just go in order.

Hopefully that way they don't alienate the older crowd not fond of the newer mons (Gen 3 was when Pokemania lost steam after all).

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure it'll be Gen 2
Otherwise Gen 2 will get the short end of the stick... again
When's Mega Feraligatr?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just replayed Super Mario World recently. Heh.... some of the levels feel kind of like they came from Super Mario Maker, never really noticed that.....

Anyway, I haven't done much with Pokemon Go admittedly. I've installed it but haven't encountered any pokemon yet. I might give it another go at some point.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Definitely Gen 2. Gen 1 and 2 have the most Nostalgia around it and it's easy to keep things going by going in order of gens released.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
lol One of Sony's studios made this tweet and deleted it a couple minutes after.
When I read this post, I couldn't help but think of this:

Sakurai said:
Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.
All the fans and even apparently the companies slinging mud, and Sakurai's just off doing his own thing.

He said he would have had misgivings if Cloud had never touched a Nintendo console at all before Smash, but at the same time he just doesn't give a lava-baked Souflee about the console wars. It's a nice balance. I hope whoever takes up the mantle of Smash in the future doesn't stray too far from how Sakurai handles things.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Definitely Gen 2. It makes a lot more sense to go serially than haphazardly.

Can they roll Missingno.? :upsidedown:

Speaking of which, a strawpoll:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10762413
That's an odd poll. I voted Missingno.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well thanks Go for not telling me these past 3 hours you weren't connected. I would have hatched a new egg by now :(

Damn you Poodle People.

D

Deleted member

I don't even put a . after Missingno

Sidenote: Runbow is great, I need this game

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I always go with MissingNo., mainly because of what its name actually denotes.

Chrono.

Get hype.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well, then it takes sometime to get that other Peg, which chapter is she in?

Dorcas at least is useful in Lyn Mode
I had forgotten Bartre existed lol, but yeah, he's an useless character that is required to recruit an equally useless character
If you mean Tate, it's like Chapter 10/11 depending on the route you take.

Eh, I never found Dorcas particularly useful even in that mode.

Really fighters are just mediocre throughout most of the series. Only notable exception where fighters as a whole are good are in FE5 and maybe FE9/10.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, so I have a Smash stage idea. . .OK I probably heard if from someone else, forgot about it, and then had it spontaneously pop into my mind again.

But for a Fire Emblem stage, you fight on the bridge between Hoshido and Nohr, and then partway through the match it breaks and you either go through a transition sequence or just outright fight in midair with altered gameplay physics for a while. Then you'll

Pop through and fight in Valla for a while before the stage eventually reverts back to the beginning.

. . .Well? It sure as heck wouldn't be legal for anything tourney wise, but casually speaking would you find it interesting to play on?

D

Deleted member

If you mean Tate, it's like Chapter 10/11 depending on the route you take.

Eh, I never found Dorcas particularly useful even in that mode.

Really fighters are just mediocre throughout most of the series. Only notable exception where fighters as a whole are good are in FE5 and maybe FE9/10.
I'd say they're pretty good in Fates as well, though it's mainly due to getting Berserker as a promotion instead of Warrior
I feel like it's more of a problem of the units themselves rather than the class though

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
OK, so I have a Smash stage idea. . .OK I probably heard if from someone else, forgot about it, and then had it spontaneously pop into my mind again.

But for a Fire Emblem stage, you fight on the bridge between Hoshido and Nohr, and then partway through the match it breaks and you either go through a transition sequence or just outright fight in midair with altered gameplay physics for a while. Then you'll

Pop through and fight in Valla for a while before the stage eventually reverts back to the beginning.

. . .Well? It sure as heck wouldn't be legal for anything tourney wise, but casually speaking would you find it interesting to play on?
I still want a new Pokefloats.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Has anybody posted this Yet?
http://sourcegaming.info/2016/07/15/the-nx-will-have-how-many-games/

I think it deserves some mention here.
OK, so that's three people who came to the conclusion the NX is going to get flooded with games at the start.

First me staring at the gaping empty void that is the current Nintendo release cycle for Wii U and figuring "Huh, they're stockpiling, aren't they."

Then I found Sean Malstrom and he came to the same conclusion while bringing up the shared pipeline.

And now SmashChu. . .who also apparently discovered Sean Malstrom. LOL.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'd say they're pretty good in Fates as well, though it's mainly due to getting Berserker as a promotion instead of Warrior
I feel like it's more of a problem of the units themselves rather than the class though
Fair enough, but I feel there's enough problems common to most Fighters in the series that it's hard to make a distinction.

Kinda sad that they made Fighters as bamf as in Thracia, and then they went right back to being meh throughout the GBA games.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Sound's like a mash-up of Gerudo Valley and that Brawl FE stage.

I like it, tho I'd prefer the Opera House or something more....stable.
OMG!!! NOW I WANT A POKEMON GO STAGE!!!

#MobileStagesMatter

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

FEFloats when? :troll:
I'd love to fight on top of Camilla's giant axe

Bottomless Canyon was one of the potential stages I wanted
It could even have
Scarlet falling in the background :troll:
Though I would still prefer the Opera House with the boats moving during the battle, water freezing and maybe even have Uncle Garon or Not!Camus as stage hazards

I still need to play Fates. Instead i'm playing the ugly as **** Shadow Dragon. Maps are way faster with animations turned off lol

There is a megaman in Winners Finals. What a time to be alive

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've never played Melee, so my knowledge on that stage is. . .fuzzy.

I should finally get around to looking up a video of it or something.

*looks up*

. . .

. . .Did they just. . .

. . .Use an outstretched Onix as a platform?

. . .Huh.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Nintendo must really want us to buy Star Fox Zero if an ad managed to break the main EVO stream.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
But does FE have a horse stable they could use as a stage? :troll:

I had to.
As much as I think they should stop adding Fire Emblem characters to Smash for a while so people can cool off, I think I could find it in my heart to excuse a seventh if they somehow managed to give an entire functional moveset to a mounted unit of some kind.

A Pegasus Knight would probably be more doable with the mechanics of Smash (and have more moves), but there's something about the idea of a guy with his butt glued to a normal horse flailing around in the air with aerials and being knocked around by his opponent that just seems like it would probably be highly amusing.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Forgot to mention this earlier, but Happy Birthday @Zoroarking !

Fun fact: You're birthday is a day after the birthday of a certain chosen hero of darkness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom