• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
LOL, it's in the trailer. A little too late to spoil

Edit: Brad Jones didn't like it. He said he recommends it as a rental at best. He laughed a few times but it was few and far between. It's comedy is for the lowest common denominator.

If Brad Jones didn't like it, who was mocking AVGN for not wanting to see it, it's probably not good.
With how much Angry Joe **** all over it I'm surprised he didn't open with the classic "You done ****ed it up" and then he goes on to say how the positive reviews are full of **** briefly in his spoilers discussion.

D

Deleted member

Playing Hyrule Warriors for the first tine in ages, I had forgotten how fun it is to mindlessly slaughter hordes of enemies
Oh yeah, Medli is free, ugh, I hate how you can't get the higher rank weapons for the free DLC characters without buyibg the PAID DLC, it basically makes them useless in Adventure Mode
Impa is still the best though

On another note, today is my birthday

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Playing Hyrule Warriors for the first tine in ages, I had forgotten how fun it is to mindlessly slaughter hordes of enemies
Oh yeah, Medli is free, ugh, I hate how you can't get the higher rank weapons for the free DLC characters without buyibg the PAID DLC, it basically makes them useless in Adventure Mode

I'm pretty sure you can get the higher rank weapons for characters like Medli and the other Legends characters in Wii U Hyrule Warriors, it's just completely random.

If you have any amiibo, try scanning them in and you might get something. I did that to get higher rank weapons for Medli and Linkle and some others on Wii U.

Also happy birthday!

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Happy b-day!

Concerning HW, I played it once...and I fell in love with it. I agree that its so much fun. My favorite character to play as is Sheik <3 :4sheik:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
After consideration, I've decided I'm not buying South Park: Fractured But Whole at or near launch. While The Stick of Truth was very fun and hit the South Park feel right in the head, it felt like it was great at normal price (though I got it for like $15 used but that's not the point). The fact Ubisoft is giving the sequel a season pass is greatly hurting my interest (and I do have trust issues with Ubi).

I'll just wait when I can get the complete game for at or less than $60.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

New countries are:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, and Switzerland.

I just downloaded it but need to charge my phone before I try it out.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, only less than 10 hours until Top 8 at Killer Instinct's EVO and the reveal of the new fighter!

I am completely baffled who it could be (assuming that survey they released meant anything, it's not the final veteran Eyedol).

HURRY UP!!!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

New countries are:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, and Switzerland.

I just downloaded it but need to charge my phone before I try it out.
Piggy backing off this: this is the sweetest thing ever.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I went and did this at my nearest hospital, not a children's hospital sadly, as soon as I saw this. Pokémon Go really is something else.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I went to Hyper Japan today!! I'll give a brief breakdown of all the cool things.

Music.
It started alright. I don't know any of the live performances but I enjoyed them. The J-Rap lady's called Charisma (I think) were absolutely amazing. When it started I was upstarirs and thought wow! I was buying my drink but I rushed down to see close-up.

Games (aka Nintendo booth)
Only tried FE:Fates and DQ7 but not longer than 5 mins. It was just a demo. The Pokken competition on the big screen was HYPE! People won prizes for so many things (I didn't but ah well) like a Ninty goodie bag and hats and mugs and stuff.

They also had ALL the amiibo released in a glass thingy, including the 5 stages of the Wolf Link amiibo and also...... BREATH OF THE WILD amiibo!!! I'm soooooo getting that Archer Link.

Food
Some of those sweets were horrible like the rice cake but it was a fantastic experience nonetheless.
I loved that Bubble Tea with fruits and actuall gel balls. Tokyo Streetfood is so amazing. Had some salad and spicy salmon plus a fried salmon burger bun thingy.

Cosplay
Mostly from stuff I have no idea what it was but there were:
  • Callie
  • Inklings
  • Cloud
  • 3 Links
  • Zelda
  • Attack on Titan characters x5 or so.
  • Kirito
Other Stuff
Ranged from robotic arms to tea to manga to clothes to more clothes to food hats to more merchandise of all sorts and it was just everything one could want.

Verdict:
5x better than when I went last 2 years ago, the upgraded venue must have helped.

11/10 would go all Month.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I went to Hyper Japan today!! I'll give a brief breakdown of all the cool things.

Music.
It started alright. I don't know any of the live performances but I enjoyed them. The J-Rap lady's called Charisma (I think) were absolutely amazing. When it started I was upstarirs and thought wow! I was buying my drink but I rushed down to see close-up.

Games (aka Nintendo booth)
Only tried FE:Fates and DQ7 but not longer than 5 mins. It was just a demo. The Pokken competition on the big screen was HYPE! People won prizes for so many things (I didn't but ah well) like a Ninty goodie bag and hats and mugs and stuff.

They also had ALL the amiibo released in a glass thingy, including the 5 stages of the Wolf Link amiibo and also...... BREATH OF THE WILD amiibo!!! I'm soooooo getting that Archer Link.

Food
Some of those sweets were horrible like the rice cake but it was a fantastic experience nonetheless.
I loved that Bubble Tea with fruits and actuall gel balls. Tokyo Streetfood is so amazing. Had some salad and spicy salmon plus a fried salmon burger bun thingy.

Cosplay
Mostly from stuff I have no idea what it was but there were:
  • Callie
  • Inklings
  • Cloud
  • 3 Links
  • Zelda
  • Attack on Titan characters x5 or so.
  • Kirito
Other Stuff
Ranged from robotic arms to tea to manga to clothes to more clothes to food hats to more merchandise of all sorts and it was just everything one could one.

Verdict:
5x better than when I went last 2 years ago, the upgraded venue must have helped.

11/10 would go all Month.
Did you see this Hinoka? She looks awesome (and cute).

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm like the only person I know who doesn't have Pokemon Go. :\
I have it but I'm waiting on my phone to charge and the game's servers have just been DDOS'd so yeaaaah.

Also my friend from New York says he hasn't been able to get it to work at all.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Still doesn't change that DDOS attacks shouldn't be done "for fun" or for glory.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum Thoughts on Miles Morales and Earth-65 Gwen Stacy being an item?
I haven't read the relevant stories, but I'm pretty neutral about it. Though I guess I find it kinda weird that they're giving her THAT BIG of a connection to 616 considering she's from an alternate earth. As long as the chemistry's good and doesn't detract, I'm good.
Opossum Opossum

What did you think about the fifth move thing for Sun and Moon?
I've heard rumors about it, but I'm admittedly not as informed. Has there been any truly substantial evidence? (Non video links preferred for now...sometimes they crash my browser if I'm on Smashboards...for some reason).

Also happy birthday Zoroarking!

Chrono.

I haven't read the relevant stories, but I'm pretty neutral about it. Though I guess I find it kinda weird that they're giving her THAT BIG of a connection to 616 considering she's from an alternate earth. As long as the chemistry's good and doesn't detract, I'm good.

I've heard rumors about it, but I'm admittedly not as informed. Has there been any truly substantial evidence? (Non video links preferred for now...sometimes they crash my browser if I'm on Smashboards...for some reason).

Also happy birthday Zoroarking!
The latest trailer shows the starters doing some sort of Limit Break-ish move.

No details on it though.

Oh and Happy Birthday @Zoroarking

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom