• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Amy's voice in "The Little Cars" series is the most obvious to me

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A lot of the 4Kids voice actors did work on those cheap mockbusteres
The pay must have been really good.
"Mockbusters"

That's a good name for them. :laugh:

I haven't really seen any myself, so I wouldn't know either way. All I know is that Mike Pollock voiced for a hentai once, and Jason Griffith was in a condom commercial (and sounds just like Sonic during it making it so hilarious).

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
"Mockbusters"

That's a good name for them. :laugh:

I haven't really seen any myself, so I wouldn't know either way. All I know is that Mike Pollock voiced for a hentai once, and Jason Griffith was in a condom commercial (and sounds just like Sonic during it making it so hilarious).

Lisa Ortiz was also the voice director of the year's animated blockbuster

Norm of the North.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Lisa Ortiz was also the voice director of the year's animated blockbuster

Norm of the North.
My friend and I were literally just talking about that movie today, and he showed me a trailer for it. Apparently he's writing an article comparing it to Foodfight.

Honestly doesn't look like the worst movie ever and one of the jokes got a genuine chuckle out of me from the trailer, but in general it seems like bargain bin bait.

And how exactly do you know that, hm?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Interview he did with BrainscratchComms.

Wikipedia, obviously.

EDIT: Huh, turns out Mike Pollock doesn't have his own Wikipedia page, wierd. Nevermind.
But Mike Pollock isn't worthy of Wikipedia.

You'll only get this if you follow his Twitter.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Opossum Opossum

What did you think about the fifth move thing for Sun and Moon?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

What a joke :glare:
More and more I wanna consider buying a PS4 for SFV, it does **** like this.

Why not go the KI route and have you be rewarded with costumes and colors by experience and playtime

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well there's always KOF.

I don't wanna play it alone like XIII.
I want to play that desperately so much. Considering the only reason I want to play SFV is for Balrog but KOF 14 looks like it'll be perfect all around.

Well atleast there's Tekken 7

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want to play that desperately so much. Considering the only reason I want to play SFV is for Balrog but KOF 14 looks like it'll be perfect all around.

Well atleast there's Tekken 7
PC is a thing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean I'm not surprised it exists. With Lucemon being a thing and all.

I'm more surprised that I didn't know about it sooner.
Digimon gets rarely talked about on here compared to Pokemon. Few announcements are made. So it shouldn't be too surprising it barely got mention on this thread. I can't speak for other forums, though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lucemon looks like Lucifer though

Jesmon though...

His point is with Lucifer existing as a Digimon, Jesus existing as a Digimon seemed like something that would obviously come up. It has nothing to do with character designs.

That said, being Jesus comes back from the dead, the idea he'd be skeletal is actually an interesting take. The dragon bit is kind of strange though. There might be something I'm missing about Jesuit, but I only know Jesus Christ's story. Jesuit may have other lore that justify this design better.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
His point is with Lucifer existing as a Digimon, Jesus existing as a Digimon seemed like something that would obviously come up. It has nothing to do with character designs.

That said, being Jesus comes back from the dead, the idea he'd be skeletal is actually an interesting take. The dragon bit is kind of strange though. There might be something I'm missing about Jesuit, but I only know Jesus Christ's story. Jesuit may have other lore that justify this design better.
Dragons are a form that Satan takes in the bible.

I don't think Jesus ever had anything to do with them

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dragons are a form that Satan takes in the bible.

I don't think Jesus ever had anything to do with them
That probably explains a lot about the Digimon. Some of the Royal Knights are counterparts to some of the Seven Great Demon Lords. Lucifer and Jesus are blatant counterparts, and in this case, Jesmon being part dragon fits that factor. Lucemon has actually multiple forms too, and is a small angel in his base form. Jesmon has slightly more. Being that only Lucemon comes close to representing a draconic side, and only Jesmon having a close relationship when it comes to naming schemes, making them counterparts is logical. Mind you, a lot of Royal Knights do have relations to Dragons as is. Examon, technically Gallantmon, Dynasmon, Ulforceveedramon, and Alphamon. Magnamon can kind of count being Veemon is pretty much a dragon creature, ableit a humanoid one. Not as blatant as Gallantmon, though.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Lucemon looks like Lucifer though

Jesmon though...

Honestly, that's one of the reasons why I found Jesmon to be underwhelming, assuming he's based mostly on Jesus rather then Jesuits. With Lucemon, really played into the concept of being Lucifer and each of his forms drew from biblical accounts and represented them very well. Lucemon's base form is an angel with extraordinary power, Falldown Mode is Lucifer after he fell, so he's half angel and devil, while Satan Mode references the dragon from Revelations and plays into his Satanic origins by having him have access to each of the sins among other things.

Jesmon... Well he's shown to walk on water in his concept art.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't still understand why Konami burned off all new game development to do nothing but Pachinko machines. I get that it's Japanese gambling but one closed loophole and that market is gonna collapse fast. Not to mention that other companies like Sega and Capcom make the machines IN ADDITION to their other game business. Didn't Capcom suffer when they tried to go all mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom