• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
lol it happened

After getting everything software-related horribly wrong AND crapping on a leak that actually ended up being real, I hope this marks the end of the Emily/Laura/Tamaki "leaking" trio.

Probably not since they bounced back after the countless other incorrect pieces of info, but here's hoping anyway.
While this would be good, it's more then likely that we'll just see these games later.

I still don't think all of them will be true though.

Only time will tell.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
While this would be good, it's more then likely that we'll just see these games later.

These clowns literally said that two games that actually ended up being confirmed were "completely fake". They have no clue what they're talking about.

Anyone giving them the benefit of the doubt really should've stopped after Laura brought up Mother 3, if not the frantic backpedaling over Breath of the Wild's release date.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, you're right, dood, it's all just pettiness. The haters are just haters.

It's not like they're a bunch of elitist tools who are wrong about the majority of the crap they supposedly "leak" and still manage to be believed as "trustworthy sources" that are covered nonstop by every gaming site in spite of it all.

Yep, just haters. No legit reason to think they're garbage.

We all know Liam is an ***. He should be completely disregarded. He's an attention seeking journalist who acts childish when wrong and is so full of it... In all honestly, I don't think should be in journalism with how he treats people.
1) What?
2) Probably should add text before interacted.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Already done, but I appreciate the advice nevertheless, forum police. :yeahboi:

1) What?
2) Probably should add text before interacted.
Moving the goalpost.

It's when people are wrong about something and then make adjustments to make it so they're not wrong.

For example, saying a bunch of games are going to be confirmed on this date, and after it doesn't happen, instead saying "THEY'RE COMING LATER!".

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, you're right, dood, it's all just pettiness. The haters are just haters.

It's not like they're a bunch of elitist tools who are wrong about the majority of the crap they supposedly "leak" and still manage to be believed as "trustworthy sources" that are covered nonstop by every gaming site in spite of it all.

Yep, just haters. No legit reason to think they're garbage.

Yeah but i'm thinking like what did these guys do to offend people and ****? All they're doing is reporting on information they're hearing from whatever their sources are and obviously that's subject to be right or wrong. Most of them even admit themselves that what they report isn't the 100% truth and that they should wait for official information to come out.

Some people take so much joy in seeing them be wrong as if they're watching their mortal enemy suffer a humiliating defeat or something. I find that to be rather petty.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Yeah but i'm thinking like what did these guys do to offend people and ****? All they're doing is reporting on information they're hearing from whatever their sources are and obviously that's subject to be right or wrong. Most of them even admit themselves that what they report isn't the 100% truth and that they should wait for official information to come out.

Some people take so much joy in seeing them be wrong as if they're watching their mortal enemy suffer a humiliating defeat or something. I find that to be rather petty.
Ummm.....I literally provided an example of a douchey thing one of them did.

They don't just "report rumors", and they sure as hell don't say "We might be wrong! Don't take our word for it!". They say these things will happen, and go as far as to try and discredit others who have actual information.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's definitely an issue with how they present their rumors. That said, there's no point in going in a crusade to make everybody stop listening to them either. Better to just let it go at this point. Roll your eyes and move on, really.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ummm.....I literally provided an example of a douchey thing one of them did.

They don't just "report rumors", and they sure as hell don't say "We might be wrong! Don't take our word for it!". They say these things will happen, and go as far as to try and discredit others who have actual information.
Well maybe their (Liam's) information was wrong and they said that just as a warning to people not to get their hopes up? I doubt he would say that knowing that what was actually said was 100% true.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I did a bit of screwing around with Unown's stats in an attempt to make it viable (or at least actually special like GF hyped it up to be back in the old days) and... I really do think I've struck a good idea.
HP: 48 (Same)
Attack: 48 (-24)
Defense: 92 (+44)
Special Attack: 130 (+58)
Special Defense: 92 (+44)
Speed: 92 (+44)

I don't think I should explain why the stats got changed. But, these stats on their own really aren't going to mean much if Unown's still going to be stuck with Hidden Power. And thus I tried to make an ability to give some justification to only utlilizing Hidden Power: Hidden Energy, which, if the opponent resists or is immune to the Hidden Power Unown currently has, Hidden Power's type will change to a super-effective type, with Hidden Power always changing to a 4X weakness if possible.

Still probably not enough to really make Unown worthwhile, at least competitively, but at least its kinda unique now besides "Look at all these forms!"

:201a:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Leakers are very annoying imo, especially if true...
I don't find them that way. They're reporting on things they know to their knowledge which could either be or not be what's actually true. You shouldn't take what they say as gospel but rather something that could be true.

Good thing SMX isn't here tho. He'd be pissed that you guys are taking shots at his waifu Emily.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Well maybe their (Liam's) information was wrong and they said that just as a warning to people not to get their hopes up? I doubt he would say that knowing that what was actually said was 100% true.
I'm not accusing Liam of purposely shutting down real information. I do think he truly believed in his own BS and did think the 4chan post was a fake leak.

That's the problem, though; he presented his own word as gospel even though it wasn't verified and immediately shut down another leak, based on it not matching up with his own info.

Good thing SMX isn't here tho. He'd be pissed that you guys are taking shots at his waifu Emily.
As a gay man, I'm not really a good judge on people's taste in women.

But why would anyone consider a faceless Twitter account that's claim to fame is being wrong about video games every couple of months to be "waifu material"?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Okay, how many times is Tama gonna get BTFO'd before we start completely ignoring him for leaks?

I respect the work he does in Unseen 64 and I enjoy his videos on the development of games and such. But as far as leaks go there's no bigger lame duck right now.

I don't really know what to think of Emily and LKD, weren't Emily's Switch specs mostly correct?

Well either way they all got a pretty rude awakening.
It's January 14, 2017

• Shovel Knight is not in Smash
  • Octolings are not playable on Splatoon 1 or 2
  • There's no female Link option in Breath of the Wild
  • There's no Pikmin reboot
  • Mario Kart isn't a launch title
  • The 4chan leak was real

How about we stop caring about rumors until like the Royucus leak, there's definitive proof.

If it was a one time thing, then yes it would be fine but these guys keep getting it wrong and in Tama's case, that's twice he's ****ed up and it's making it hard for us to take him and his information seriously. Especially after the whole Devil's Third mess, anything revolving Shovel Knight and there was his BS about Fallout 4 having a 360/PS3 version that never existed.

Plus he was so overdramatic because people were pointing out flaws when he was posting here and we had to treat him like some 4 star celebrity. I literally warned you guys 2 years ago about his crap and we still entertained his stuff because Unseen 64 undug info which is great for older history but sure as hell not for future information.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If anyone wants an in-depth analyis of Zelda and are impatient for Gamexplain, mah boi Zeltik to the rescue!!!
*throws stuff out of wallet at sight of Zelda trailer*
"Take my money here take it have it"
"that's a train ticket idc take my money":laugh:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyone else feeling oddly...I dunno, deflated about the Switch now there's been some time to process it?

- Relatively expensive (£280) in the UK
- Significantly more expensive games
- Absurd price on accessories
- Paid Online
- Poor battery life (Especially big for me, as I would use it largely as a portable)
- 1,2,Switch! (and possibly Arms) feel like they should have been bundled with the console.

I am a big fan of the concept and the games - BOTW looks fantastic, MK+ does too and I'm keen on some of the other games coming out down the line. But I can't help but feeling this is asking for a bit too much of an investment. We got the Wii at £180 with the killer app at launch. Doing the same here will cost nearly double that.

Sure, there's an argument that £60 for a game is acceptable if you get your moneys worth from it... but I don't feel like that's ever going to be the case with the paid online which I'm not comfortable paying for with what I know of it right now. I would like to buy one of these consoles, but I feel like I'd rather wait for several things to happen:

- Prices to drop to something reasonable
- Online to become either free or worth it; a Netflix style of Nintendo's old library would be ideal.
- The inevitable console revision where they fix some of this ones issues, noticeably the horrid battery life.
If 280 at launch is expensive I don't want to know how much the PS4 or Xbox1 were at launch. Also, how much are Switch games going to be? Only pricing I saw yet was for a collector's edition that included extra things

Speaking of Laura, I pity her. She's been very reliable in the past as she's leaked stuff before and is a journalist, AKA more likely to have sources to tell her ****, she said "Yeah, I ****ed up on that" in regards to something that was wrong, got death threats, **** threats and getting a lot of **** about her being trans included in angry people who expected everything Laura said was going to be confirmed in an hour long presentation and now she's being compared to tama, a piece of **** who as far as I know, only got a third of 1 thing right, the Butt Butt amiibo, because he said the design wasn't final and that it's for Smash making over half of the one leak he got right wrong

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't find them that way. They're reporting on things they know to their knowledge which could either be or not be what's actually true. You shouldn't take what they say as gospel but rather something that could be true.

I'd rather not know..

edit: Emily > LKD...the former is especially annoying to me idk y.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, since I am at the end of the game, I decided to show my current team here!
So, let's go!
Name: Takuworth, Level: 61
Name: Kumatesu, Level: 59 (If you know where the name come, I give you a candy, or I prank you if you are a normal member)
Name: Shigure, Level: 59
Name: Excellus, Level: 60
Name: Big Mac, Level: 36 (I had to put him out of the team for better Pokemon, and I only recently take him back for that he can evolve. Now, I just need to get some level for him)
Name: Hol Horse (YO IS THAT A JOJO REFERENCE?!?!), Level: 60

Here you go, that's my team for you.
I hope I will win the league without too much difficulty.
Google tells me it's the "Beast" from The Boy and the Beast
I really need to watch that movie

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think it's good I never paid attention to any of the leakers. Then again I wasn't craving info so...

Chrono.

This is interesting, Nintendo came out and said Odyssey will take more from 64 and Sunshine in design philosophy. Granted, that much was obvious from the trailer.

It's still nice to see them acknowledge it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
As a gay man, I'm not really a good judge on people's taste in women.

But why would anyone consider a faceless Twitter account that's claim to fame is being wrong about video games every couple of months to be "waifu material"?
It's a running joke from last year when I would pretend to be obsessed with Emily Rogers.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This is interesting, Nintendo came out and said Odyssey will take more from 64 and Sunshine in design philosophy. Granted, that much was obvious from the trailer.

They listed the Galaxy with the 3D Land and World. Take THAT you morons who kept whining about not getting a real 3D Mario in so long

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Google tells me it's the "Beast" from The Boy and the Beast
I really need to watch that movie
You find the answer on Google, so, no cookie for you! >: )
No really, you should watch that movie, I did and it was GOOOOOOOOOOD!

D

Deleted member

It's a running joke from last year when I would pretend to be obsessed with Emily Rogers.
Yeah, "pretending"
You find the answer on Google, so, no cookie for you! >: )
No really, you should watch that movie, I did and it was GOOOOOOOOOOD!
I know, I've had it for god knows how long on my Netflix List but still haven't watched it
Actually, there's a lot of stuff I need to watch there

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Until folks can explain how LKD got the Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale game despite there being no indication of it prior, she doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the more "flip-floppy" leakers.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

That is nice and interesting but man that could be easily taken as ****post bait.

That said, I hope they can take the greatest attributes of all the 3D Marios into Oddeasey.

Especially 3D World's Soundtrack and Galaxy 2's replayability

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
True that, but we have to be careful about taking shots at your waifu, Corrin, amirite? :troll:

:094:
You can take all the shots you want my friend. Both figurative and literal.
Until folks can explain how LKD got the Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale game despite there being no indication of it prior, she doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the more "flip-floppy" leakers.
Yeah, that's my thoughts as well.

It seems like people are quick to throw the leakers under the bus when they get one thing wrong. People were discrediting Emily for the longest time and yet she was the one to correctly predict the NX's reveal date.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
She was spouting a lot of rumors for the Switch, most of which turned out to be wrong. Getting 1 thing right and everything else wrong doesn't mean that we should still regard her as a trustworthy leaker for anything Switch related.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I really don't like animal crossing anything, so its a surprise to me that the composer for BotW is the main composer for the AC series. The Zelda music is amazing and she did stuff for Spirit Tracks so I'm not worried upon hearing this. This news is actually pretty interesting.

I guess Koji Kondo is busy with Mario Odyssey.
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/01/...ucing-the-music-for-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hate all people who report rumors because they act like they are higher above everyone all the tine with over inflated egos

Both emily and laura are a nusince to me
I'd argue the types who preach to others over even discussing rumors are acting just as holier-than-thou and egotistical, if not even more so.

Newsflash folks: they're people. They report things and sometimes believe things that don't turn out true. To call them things like "garbage" shows an astonishing lack of empathy, among other things.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
She was spouting a lot of rumors for the Switch, most of which turned out to be wrong. Getting 1 thing right and everything else wrong doesn't mean that we should still regard her as a trustworthy leaker for anything Switch related.
Then don't 100% believe everything she says.

I don't ever do that with leakers. I just consider it as a possibility of what could happen.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, "pretending"

I know, I've had it for god knows how long on my Netflix List but still haven't watched it
Actually, there's a lot of stuff I need to watch there
I hope you will be able to see this wonderful movie one day! :)
Also, my little Crabominable has a little hard time to deal with some Pokemon, but he still able to deal some good damage here and there.
Some level up and he will become probably THE ice cannon of my team. (get it? Because he is a Ice type Pokemon and - OK, I go to the door....)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I hate all people who report rumors because they act like they are higher above everyone all the tine with over inflated egos

Both emily and laura are a nusince to me
Be happy tama felt like he was bullied when he got genuine criticism and skepticism during the time he was on this site, never going back
She also showed the PS4 Slim off before it was in stores, thought people went "WAH WAH UR TREEDEE PRINTED DAT 4 VIEWS" because people thinj game journalists want to murder their families
You can take all the shots you want my friend. Both figurative and literal.

Yeah, that's my thoughts as well.

It seems like people are quick to throw the leakers under the bus when they get one thing wrong. People were discrediting Emily for the longest time and yet she was the one to correctly predict the NX's reveal date.
That was Laura, Emily's got NO background so the only reason people had to believe her was 'trust me i legit'
She got multiple things right. I get what you mean, but if we compile a list of what Laura got right and wrong, how big is the difference?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You're not implying it was a lucky guess, are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom