• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I absolutely hate flying, but the worst parts are taking off and landing. I just have a dull sense of dread the rest of the trip, but that's better than a constant intense feeling

Rockin roller coaster and Tower of terror are some of my favorite rides in Disney

I've jumped out of a plane for the fun of it.

Thrill rides are the best!
:061:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My very first plane trip had a fifty foot drop due to turbulence. People started crying but I thought it was so fun...the ride back was so uneventful and disappointing. :p

Which is weird because I'm normally not a thrill seeker, but man it was fun.
For a long time I hated flying because the pressure changes always killed my ears, but since I grew out of that (which happened unfairly late for me) the pressure changes have been the best part. When you feel that drop or that rise in your stomach and your head. :D

I am a little ****ed up tho. ;3

Then we're almost exact opposites lol.

The thought of being on one of those roller coasters scares me senseless. Especially the one's at Canada's Wonderland where I used to go to.
Canada's Wonderland is good fun. Though I haven't been there in a long time. I tried to ride all the craziest looking rollercoasters when I was there, but unfortunately I was with a group of people much less keen than me, and standing in a long line by yourself is torturous. I'm sure one day I'll conquer all of them.

Fwiw if any of you have seen Final Destination 3 (the one where they all die on the rollercoaster - gross movie btw), that rollercoaster is located in Vancouver and I try to ride it at least once a year haha.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I need ideas for a ghost, fighting, poison, light, psychic, bug, diamond and dark gym badge name.
Ghost - Spectre
Fighting - Melee
Poison - Noxious
Psychic - ESP
Bug - Crawler
Diamond - Crystal
Dark - Crooked

And does Light mean "good" or "radiance"? Pure and Glow, respectively, just in case.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I need ideas for a ghost, fighting, poison, light, psychic, bug, diamond and dark gym badge name.
Respectively:
Spirit Badge
Hero Badge
Skull Badge
Blinding Badge
Future Badge
Nest Badge
Jewel Badge
Night Badge

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Here's a fun fact about me: I've never once been on a plane in my life.

Here's a related fun fact: The thought of going on a plane terrifies me.

As for roller coasters....I haven't gone to many theme parks but for the most part I like some good thrill coasters. Disney's California Screamin' is easily my favorite.

I have many questions to ask here
Well rockin roller coaster is super exhilirating since it's so fast and launches you to 60 or 50 MPH in just a few seconds or something. And you get to do flips. And you get to listen to music too!

Tower of Terror has cool theming and. . .exhilaration. That's all I can really say lol
My favorite ride is, ironically Toy Story Mania which is the opposite of a thrill ride.

And I had a man attached to me who was attached to a parachute for the sky diving so :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Here's a fun fact about me: I've never once been on a plane in my life.

Here's a related fun fact: The thought of going on a plane terrifies me.

As for roller coasters....I haven't gone to many theme parks but for the most part I like some good thrill coasters. Disney's California Screamin' is easily my favorite.
I went on a plane to Texas, I hated the trip not because of the plane, I feel asleep on the plane because I was close to the back
I hated it because it was to Texas

And I used to ride rollercosers as a kid, I should ride on again before I die
And I had a man attached to me who was attached to a parachute for the sky diving so :p
Oooh Sky Diving, I thought you meant you just straight up jumped with a Yolo

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well rockin roller coaster is super exhilirating since it's so fast and launches you to 60 or 50 MPH in just a few seconds or something. And you get to do flips. And you get to listen to music too!

Tower of Terror has cool theming and. . .exhilaration. That's all I can really say lol
My favorite ride is, ironically Toy Story Mania which is the opposite of a thrill ride.

The Tower of Terror in my state's Disney park is sadly being closed down for a Guardians of the Galaxy-themed ride.

I mean....I never went on it again after being horrified from it as a little kid, but I still loved the tower's presence in the park (and listening to the screams of everyone else riding on it.:upsidedown: ) so seeing it go is still disheartening for me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The badges I decided on are spectre badge, duel badge, skull badge, sunlight badge, esper badge, nest badge, crystal badge and moonlight badge.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm going to ride as many rollercoasters as I can before I get old, because if my family is any indication, eventually that kind of **** will make me extremely nauseas. :(

I'd also like to try skydiving one day, and I think I'd be able to drag one of my other safety-challenged friends along with me, lol.

And as for being scared of air travel... it is the safest way of transport apparently. Safer than how most of us get around on a day-to-day basis. I've been on... probably a hundred flights in my life. I understand the fear though, last week I fell down a Youtube wormhole of infamous air disasters. Some crazy stuff has happened up there. :x

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
For a long time I hated flying because the pressure changes always killed my ears, but since I grew out of that (which happened unfairly late for me) the pressure changes have been the best part. When you feel that drop or that rise in your stomach and your head. :D

I am a little ****ed up tho. ;3

Canada's Wonderland is good fun. Though I haven't been there in a long time. I tried to ride all the craziest looking rollercoasters when I was there, but unfortunately I was with a group of people much less keen than me, and standing in a long line by yourself is torturous. I'm sure one day I'll conquer all of them.

Fwiw if any of you have seen Final Destination 3 (the one where they all die on the rollercoaster - gross movie btw), that rollercoaster is located in Vancouver and I try to ride it at least once a year haha.
I recall this one ride which you might or might not remember that's shaped like a ship and it goes in 360 degree motion which scared me even considering riding the ride despite my family trying to convince me to ride it. That was back when I was a kid and I doubt I would do it even now lol.

Here's the ride. It's called the Jet Scream.

I even remember the Drop Zone from when I was a kid.

Damn man. Even now I would totally wuss out.

Thrill rides are great and all. . but I will never ever ever never ever get on one of those slingshot things
Nope

**** that. Im not letting a wire break and killing me. Nope. Nuh uh. Not happening. Rather jump out of another plane
:062:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
All this discussion reinforces how much of a wuss I am when it comes to this lol.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
We talking theme parks now? I live about an hour away from Hershey Park, PA...and DANG is it good! If you all ever have the chance, you should all ride the Wild Cat roller coaster...it's intense, rickety, and a ton of fun. My favorite ride, definitely.

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms Yo, if I ever get the chance to go back to Cali, we gotta go see Disney Land together lol

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I'll do a lot of things in this world
  1. Eat 10 beetles
  2. Fight Brock Lesnar
  3. Let a semi-Truck run over my foot
  4. SkyDive
Ride a Dangerous Rollercoaster?Nope,not a chance i dont get the appeal of screaming for my life while my Organs fly across my body

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I don't mind roller coasters as long as there isn't a straight down drop lol. I love most roller coasters in Hershey Park, and I love roller coasters in general...then there's the Fahrenheit...

Yeah...not my thing. Other than that, roller coasters are cool.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I recall this one ride which you might or might not remember that's shaped like a ship and it goes in 360 degree motion which scared me even considering riding the ride despite my family trying to convince me to ride it. That was back when I was a kid and I doubt I would do it even now lol.

Oh oh I went on the Drop Tower before
Well not that one but a drop tower

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You people thought I was joking, didn't you?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Yup, went on both of those, haha. (Actually don't remember if I went on the Drop Tower/Zone, but I have been on that sort of ride many a time) - they're too fun. When you go upside down or you get to the top and shoot down and you feel everything inside you just rise up... it's kinda unpleasant yet kinda awesome all at once. Can't really explain it.

Thrill rides are great and all. . but I will never ever ever never ever get on one of those slingshot things

Nope

**** that. Im not letting a wire break and killing me. Nope. Nuh uh. Not happening. Rather jump out of another plane
:062:
This one is fun too, but they usually charge you an additional cost (not cheap) to use it, plus I've had to sign a waver before the ride. The former keeps me from riding it more often, the latter reinforces how I know it's gonna be awesome. xD

For my money none of this stuff seems nearly as sketchy as jumping out of a plane though. Then again I wouldn't really know.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yup, went on both of those, haha. (Actually don't remember if I went on the Drop Tower/Zone, but I have been on that sort of ride many a time) - they're too fun. When you go upside down or you get to the top and shoot down and you feel everything inside you just rise up... it's kinda unpleasant yet kinda awesome all at once. Can't really explain it.

... it's kinda unpleasant yet kinda awesome all at once. Can't really explain it.
and you feel everything inside you just rise up
Now i'm really scared. :(

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'll do a lot of things in this world
  1. Eat 10 beetles
  2. Fight Brock Lesnar
  3. Let a semi-Truck run over my foot
  4. SkyDive
Ride a Dangerous Rollercoaster?Nope,not a chance i dont get the appeal of screaming for my life while my Organs fly across my body
You'd much rather have your organs "fly all over your body" and whatnot than have any of your bones being broken, nonetheless having a ****ing semi-truck run over your foot if the latter were to ever happen. T R U S T M E.

:094:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Less than a day millennia left everyone.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Lets be honest. A millennia is what it's going to feel like til' the Switch Presentation.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Super late on this but Rockin' Roller Coaster is a wuss coaster so it's not a metric on thrill seeking.

I know this because I actually enjoyed riding it. :p

Rockin' Roller Coaster lacks two things that I know completely turned me into a shaken up vampire of a nervous wreck when trying another coaster nearly a decade earlier: drawn out suspense before dropping and the ride rattling me around. You make me feel secure and don't leave me significant amounts of time to both contemplate my doom and watch it approach and you can make me go as fast as you want.

Do otherwise, and. . .let's. . .not do that. :{

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom