• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Rumor One: Rabbids X Mario RPG may get pushed back (and may miss the upcoming presentation).

Rumor Two: A Metroid game might crawl to the Switch but don't expect it to show up in the presentation.
But Metroid can't crawl :troll:

I can see why the Rabbids game might get pushed back; if a major Mario game gets announced they would not want something else take the spotlight.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
In a way it seems to me like a insurance incase the previous rumours were wrong, not that I doubt they are.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay, but really Yacht Club Games, why does Lady Butt Butt....you know what at the risk of sounding like I'm from Tumblr I'm just gonna let it go.
To be fair...

Shovel Knight is a character where we can't tell the gender unless its "obvious" like this.

I mean, they're both covered in a **** ton of armor. I think this time is justifiable.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Since Shovel Knight will now have a Switch version, do you think they might add an exclusive boss like with Kratos and the Battletoads?
As I posted earlier:
The Switch presentation would be perfect to reveal Nintendo exclusive cameos for Shovel Knight (Yacht Club stated awhile back they're still open for such thing).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hooo boy.
Though I actually have a question. Why would you have a limited quantity on YOUR NEW SYSTEM THAT EVERYONE WANTS? I hear the PS4 did something similar but Nintendo doesn't understand hype

Chrono.

Body swap mode seems kinda pointless to me.

In Shield and Shovel Knight's cases, they both looked pretty neutral as is and don't really look much different body swapped.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Hooo boy.
Though I actually have a question. Why would you have a limited quantity on YOUR NEW SYSTEM THAT EVERYONE WANTS? I hear the PS4 did something similar but Nintendo doesn't understand hype
Probably to gauge how many to ship and such.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm fine with Shovel Knight having a sex swap since he's still a new character and it was a stretch goal in the Kickstarter, so they made this promise before the game was out, before Shovel Knight had the identity he has now.

It's different with say, the situation with Link possibly being a girl (which I don't think is happening at this point), because he's a storied character with a 30 year history. It'd be like making a female Mario called "Maria".

With that said though, it would have been way cooler if they just flat out let us play as Shield Knight, with Shovel Knight being the one we save. It wouldn't be a full blown new campaign like the others, just a character swap. They're already making Shield Knight playable in the Battle Mode anyway so after that, implementing her should not have taken much work.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't it Shovel Knight wearing Shield Knight's armor or am I misunderstanding what it's about

Oh, it's female Shovel Knight and male Shield knight

Gender swaps

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Isn't it Shovel Knight wearing Shield Knight's armor or am I misunderstanding what it's about
No, Shovel Knight is much shorter than Shield Knight. Her armour wouldn't fit on him and vice versa.

It's just straight up sex swaps for them (though YCG calling them "Body Swaps" is probably what's throwing people off).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hooo boy.
SAO.png
Body swap mode seems kinda pointless to me.

In Shield and Shovel Knight's cases, they both looked pretty neutral as is and don't really look much different body swapped.
I think it's because YCG promised it without thinking
But at least it isn't something that takes many resources and time and the game already has a bunch of free DLC

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If it turns out I want the Switch soon and that ****ty limited supply BS prevents me from getting one, I might pick up some of the games I want while I wait.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hooo boy.
"How should we release this system that people obviously want?"

"By making only 50 in the entire world!"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was trying to make a regular Exeggutor look legit, but I realized that's impossible to do unless I can change location. I'd need PKHeX for that

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hooo boy.
On one hand, there is a bit of a concern as to how well they're gauging demand.

On the other hand, they A. Were unable to sell the entirety of their first shipments of Wii Us and 3DSs at launch when they went higher than they are now and shipped based off of reception and B. Nintendo is the laughing stock of the video game industry and even after the Switch reveal there's still enough people ripping into them for the system not being powerful enough and etc. that they may not be confident enough to ship more

Chrono.

Damage Control level: Square Enix
Idk the details of the ending I just know that p much the entire cast ends up dead by the end.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hooo boy.
This almost makes me not wanna preorder even if its from gamestop.

why have limited quantity anything

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Y'know I just thought of something.

In OoT and MM, Link's adventure only takes about a month or two in total to finish accounting for the events in the game despite the 7 year time gap.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Kingdom Valley at night looks pretty cool.

Makes me think about that day-night cycle they never got to implement.

upload_2017-1-11_22-54-53.png

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This almost makes me not wanna preorder even if its from gamestop.

why have limited quantity anything
The answer to the question "Why have limited quantity anything" is part of the reason why the Wii U never dropped in price. If they can't sell out their initial shipment, they can't make new shipments with parts made more affordable due to the progression of time and bring the price down, which means the price stays the same and the system keeps not selling in a feedback loop due to no one wanting to buy it at launch price.

That said, if everyone else is quitting then more for me I guess, as much as I'd love to play with you guys and have other people to be hyped with.

I'm worried the bots and scalpers are going to beat me to everything online and that arriving at a physical store at opening will be too late offline, but I think I've managed to arrange for someone to continually check retailer sites for me DURING the presentation just in case so hopefully that helps.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yo, like 5 police trucks and bikes entered the hood to bust a neighbor that had an illegal lab. And I thought this day was a calm one.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

So it begins. MQ Water Temple. Wish me luck.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The answer to the question "Why have limited quantity anything" is part of the reason why the Wii U never dropped in price. If they can't sell out their initial shipment, they can't make new shipments with parts made more affordable due to the progression of time and bring the price down, which means the price stays the same and the system keeps not selling in a feedback loop due to no one wanting to buy it at launch price.

That said, if everyone else is quitting then more for me I guess, as much as I'd love to play with you guys and have other people to be hyped with.

I'm worried the bots and scalpers are going to beat me to everything online and that arriving at a physical store at opening will be too late offline, but I think I've managed to arrange for someone to continually check retailer sites for me DURING the presentation just in case so hopefully that helps.
I was excited, kinda, for it

But limited quantity of a console a BUNCH of people want is pretty dumb

Thats like if I made some top brand cupcakes but limited them to 10-15 and after they are gone they are gone. So many mad people

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I know you guys probably think that my working off the assumption that Nintendo's pride being wounded is part of the reason they keep understocking is pretty silly, but I've seen the pictures of Nintendo staff looking at stuff like the Scorpio and the instant that an iPhone is marketed for power with looks on their faces like they're watching the world collapse around them and Nintendo staff Tweeting legitimate shock at the demand for their products.

I do NOT get the impression that Nintendo is confident in themselves right now. At all.

The Nintendo Switch has been getting pretty mixed reception and an awful lot of people voicing interest have extremely conditional standards for picking it up that Nintendo can't possibly meet or are planning to hold off until years later. All Nintendo can know is what people are telling them, and they can't guarantee that the people who are interested no strings attached will actually put their money where their mouths are.

I'm very nervous about being able to secure one, but it's not like I don't see why they're making low numbers at the start. I just hope I don't end up missing out on one at launch because of a wave of tsunderes that won't do anything but complain about the system buying it instead. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom