• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
How is it worse without Iwata? I mean it sucks to not have him in Directs anymore yeah but they're still all in all good. They did the March Direct so I doubt they're dropping the format.

I personally can't stand Treehouse gameplay footage. It takes forever for them to show off a game and it's all in all boring to watch, almost like a Let's Play video. Directs provide quick gameplay footage which are much more easier to take in and happen seamlessly one after the other.
He did not say they were worse, he said they're not the same without him...

Thing is, the Directs still get the job done with or without Iwata...it really depends on what they show during the direct and how they present it...

Chrono.

Directs provide quick gameplay footage which are much more easier to take in and happen seamlessly one after the other.
Speaking of which, anyone noticed how Sony's recent conference was very similarly structured like a Nintendo Direct?

Like, rapid fire trailers and very little fluff in between. Just one game after the other with very little stops.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The ****? That was a thing?
When we got our first real info dump on Sun and Moon last month, yeah, there were theories going around about that. This video does a good job explaining it.

^Another detail not mentioned in it but was still used to back up the theory was that Shauna mentions in X and Y's postgame that she would travel to "a faraway region", so some thought that this could tie in with Sun and Moon where she visited Alola before the S/M's story, loved the region, and wanted to move there one day, but the latter part of it sounds a bit strange since it doesn't seem like the player character moves to Alola just because. Then again, we know very little about the story right now.

Actually, it's been a reoccuring thing.
That one game out of a generation gives new dex entries.
And the other repeats old ones.
I feel like generation 5 broke that trend for the older Pokemon. Black 2/White 2 didn't give new entries to all the older Pokemon. Only those that were in the expanded Unova dex got them. The rest used repeated dex entries. X/Y/OR/AS simply repeated older dex entries for all the non-Kalos Pokemon. ORAS uses the X/Y entries for all the Kalos Pokemon minus Hoopa. Perhaps this time around, it could be like Black2/White2 where only the older Pokemon that appear in the Alola Pokedex get new dex entries, but we shall see.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
The funniest major tidbit is that the only of the big 3 that constantly denied a new consol was on the works,was the only one to announce it on E3.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Actually, since Nintendo's been taking notes from other devs, you know what I've wanted to see ever since I noticed some rough similarities?

A Kid Icarus game that takes notes from Ratchet and Clank.

I mean, obviously Kid Icarus should retain a lot of it's own things like equipping one weapon at a time that can handle both melee and ranged combat instead of juggling an entire constantly depleting arsenal, more energetic combat, micromanagable difficulty selection, etc.

But imagine what it'd be like to explore larger Land Battles with a bit more to them than just the occasional Level Gate or Zodiac Chamber to look for? And of course, the game not requiring a touch screen to play would make it feel a bit more accessible to people.

I don't know, the idea just feels right to me. They seem just similar enough in gameplay and tone for taking notes from there to really, really work.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Rising up from the dead after 6 months of inactivity to say that Rhythm Heaven Megamix is an amazing game and you should all go buy it. Easily my highlight of E3.

JUST LOOK AT THESE LITTLE BUNDLES OF PURITY
AND THEY AREN'T IN SMASH
SAKURAAAAAAAAAIII

Also hi to any new members of the NintenZone that may not recognize me. Not that it really matters. Not really a proactive member in discussions here but sometimes I make some fun things. :upsidedown:
Hello mate, nice to meet you. Were you around back when the Gematsu Leak was a thing?

I may have been a new user for nearly a half year, but I do know that a lot of you fans fought hard for Rhythm Heaven representation back when you had Sal Romano's words to go off of. Looking at how empty the new Chorus Kids thread makes me sad since the series deserve better representation Smash.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Death Battle preview is up for Mewtwo. For those not in the know, Mewtwo's opponent is confirmed to be...

...Shadow the Hedgehog

Yes, that's right, it's not Frieza, it's the return of Ow the Edge! This is the second time in Death Battle history where a character that was already in a death battle will appear for another one but with a different foe; the first time it happened was with Batman.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I need someoen to do a humongous favor for me. Could someone post me the direct or video of the new RPG? like, I dont want a trailer that shows the name but just link me to the long video that had the new nintend oRPG. trying to avoid spoilers here.

Please post on my visitor page or PM please as i cant read posts here haha until I watch it. Thanks!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How is it worse without Iwata? I mean it sucks to not have him in Directs anymore yeah but they're still all in all good. They did the March Direct so I doubt they're dropping the format.

I personally can't stand Treehouse gameplay footage. It takes forever for them to show off a game and it's all in all boring to watch, almost like a Let's Play video. Directs provide quick gameplay footage which are much more easier to take in and happen seamlessly one after the other.
Not worse but not the same. He did start them, and they seem to have trouble organizing them now. Or it could be just a bad spot still from Iwata's passing. Within next year we could see based on the directs. Like for example, they had enough to do a direct for E3 this year, but didn't. No reason not to, yet it didn't happen.

Another thing to consider is Sun and Moon. These trailers would be in directs, yet we just get an announcement of the announcement. IT works very well and afterwards the news spreads like wildfire. I think we could see more game reveals like these.

Directs are still possible but seem much more spaced out then usual. Game focused directs make perfect sense though. The developers can do those easily and it's a more informative treehouse like event. The treehouse itself could easily be shortened if they do switch to them. With E3 having bigger treehouse focus.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I don't think people give Microsoft enough credit, their conference was actually pretty good this year. Not enough for me to get an Xbone, but still.

Sony took the cake though. Rapid fire games, no one was on stage for more than a minure at a time... really good stuff.

Chrono.

I don't think people give Microsoft enough credit, their conference was actually pretty good this year. Not enough for me to get an Xbone, but still.

Sony took the cake though. Rapid fire games, no one was on stage for more than a minure at a time... really good stuff.
Yeah MS was solid.

Especially liked Scalebound, had it not been for Zelda it'd be the most impressive game for me at E3.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Actually, since Nintendo's been taking notes from other devs, you know what I've wanted to see ever since I noticed some rough similarities?

I mean, obviously Kid Icarus should retain a lot of it's own things like equipping one weapon at a time that can handle both melee and ranged combat instead of juggling an entire constantly depleting arsenal, more energetic combat, micromanagable difficulty selection, etc.

But imagine what it'd be like to explore larger Land Battles with a bit more to them than just the occasional Level Gate or Zodiac Chamber to look for? And of course, the game not requiring a touch screen to play would make it feel a bit more accessible to people.

I don't know, the idea just feels right to me. They seem just similar enough in gameplay and tone for taking notes from there to really, really work.
Taking cues from Ratchet and Clank would work really well for Kid Icarus.

I also had an idea of having multiple playable characters.
For example: Pit could be the only one who can use the various weapons. But say, Virdi, would summon Forces of Nature minions.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

For example: Pit could be the only one who can use the various weapons. But say, Virdi, would summon Forces of Nature minions.
I've thought of multiple playable characters before, too.

But since Viridi is more of a Mission Control type character in Uprising, my ideas were Dark Pit (who COULD use multiple weapons) and Phosphora (Fights using electrical attacks, although I wasn't sure how that could be balanced with the use of multiple weapons). Those seemed like the main characters that would canonically be sent out in a fight.

. . .Well thinking on it now I guess you have Cragalanche, too. Not sure how well the big lug would work with level exploration, but if they revived him then he would still at least be available. . .

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

Well, Magnus was playable in Uprising. So there's that. And technically Dark Pit in Chapter 22(though he was just Pit).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Death Battle preview is up for Mewtwo. For those not in the know, Mewtwo's opponent is confirmed to be...

...Shadow the Hedgehog

Yes, that's right, it's not Frieza, it's the return of Ow the Edge! This is the second time in Death Battle history where a character that was already in a death battle will appear for another one but with a different foe; the first time it happened was with Batman.
What about Charizard?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well, Magnus was playable in Uprising. So there's that. And technically Dark Pit in Chapter 22(though he was just Pit).
Technically, that's Pit controlling Magnus, rather than Magnus himself
Still, Magnus was also one of my ideas, alongside giving him a much bigger role in the story.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

...Shadow the Hedgehog

I wish it was Silver the Hedgehog, honestly. Not only do they both excel in their psychic, but Silver hasn't been used yet, which would be a better alternative than using someone that already had a fight.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Technically, that's Pit controlling Magnus, rather than Magnus himself
Still, Magnus was also one of my ideas, alongside giving him a much bigger role in the story.
My only problem with Magnus is "what happens if the series decides to do a significant enough timeskip?"

He may be the world's strongest human, but he's still human and he ages like one. It's not like he's a teenager in the first place, anyway.

I suppose whether or not he'd work depends on how long after Uprising the next game would take place in-universe.

If it went far enough forward, it might be more feasible to design a new human character or two instead.

And part of my concern about timeskips is that Uprising killed off SO many humans that I almost wonder if the game should take a generation or two in-universe just to repopulate the earth a bit.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
My only problem with Magnus is "what happens if the series decides to do a significant enough timeskip?"

He may be the world's strongest human, but he's still human and he ages like one. It's not like he's a teenager in the first place, anyway.

I suppose whether or not he'd work depends on how long after Uprising the next game would take place in-universe.

If it went far enough forward, it might be more feasible to design a new human character or two instead.

And part of my concern about timeskips is that Uprising killed off SO many humans that I almost wonder if the game should take a generation or two in-universe just to repopulate the earth a bit.
Calling it now.
We're gonna see Gaol and Magnus's kid.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I sort of like the idea of an older Magnus. Not like in his 90s, but somewhere in his 50s or 60s.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

is

is this suppose to be making fun of what I think it is

....why.

I am using every fiber of my being to keep myself under control with that ludicrous statement.
It's just a Watergate reference though. Why that reaction?

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I thought the day where I'd be saying this would never come considering Nintendo's grim state since the Wii U reveal and the disastrous 2015 Digital Event. But they completely owned E3 in their own manner. Every decision was well made. They did one hell of a good job (and so did MS and Sony). I feel like shedding many tears of happiness thanks to them.

To quote a friend, hopefully NX is an amazing piece of hardware so Nintendo can use it to finally remind every gamer who's boss.

And by 'amazing' I'm not saying that it needs to be as powerful or technically efficient as PS4 and One. I say amazing as in, that it has its own way of being unique and mind-blowing.

How mind-blowing, you ask? Well, on a scale of 1 to having features and a launch line-up that are just as mind-blowing as the whole E3 2016 Zelda footage... you probably already know where it is.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I thought the day where I'd be saying this would never come considering Nintendo's grim state since the Wii U reveal and the disastrous 2015 Digital Event. But they completely owned E3 in their own manner. Every decision was well made. They did one hell of a good job (and so did MS and Sony). I feel like shedding many tears of happiness thanks to them.

To quote a friend, hopefully NX is an amazing piece of hardware so Nintendo can use it to finally remind every gamer who's boss.

And by 'amazing' I'm not saying that it needs to be as powerful or technically efficient as PS4 and One. I say amazing as in, that it has its own way of being unique and mind-blowing.

How mind-blowing, you ask? Well, on a scale of 1 to having features and a launch line-up that are just as mind-blowing as the whole E3 2016 Zelda footage... you probably already know where it is.
I'm pretty happy they took what they had and knocked it out of the park, too.

I don't know about features, but I feel like there's hints to a much better launch lineup than most people would expect lying just under the surface. There's a 3D Mario game that was apparently in the works but hasn't been heard about in a while, the Animal Crossing app is supposedly going to be compatible with a game but there are no Animal Crossing games in sight that it would actually work with. . .yeah, I think the launch lineup is probably going to be kind of amazing.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Breath of the wild already has one of my favorite trailers of all time.

Thank god Su/Mo is coming in November, this wait is going to kill me. Fall is going to be super hype too with the NX reveal finally.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Sony's obviously, here's why

:p

I didn't watching Xbox's but I haven't heard many speak of it, but I'd say considering Nintendo did just the treehouse, I think it worked well. So I'd place them second especially because of Zelda being so big. Sony's had a lot though and wasn't to bad.

I also think Nintendo might drop directs in respect to Iwata. They aren't the same without him and I think that after Cloud's they realized this. So maybe they will do treehouse streams with developers instead. It could give fans more on hand looks at upcoming titles in a good way imo.
Directs were Iwata's idea. I think he'd want Nintendo to do them as long as they can.
I would say that continuing to do directs honor his memory, even if they aren't the same without him.

Chrono.

My favorite E3 trailer was KOFXIV's.

Yeah, it's not as impressive, but man that song gets me pumped.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
hmmm....well...this is an interesting theory I came across...

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's timeline placement is....all of them...
A Timeline Convergence...

I'm not sure I buy it since it's a huuuuge stretch, but at the same time...We have several elements that suggest a Child timeline placement....
-large emphasis on Sheikah technology
-that actually has a strong resemblance to that of Twili Technology, which they are likely descended from sheikah
-Great Bridge of Hylia

and then we have Koroks...
and various symbols and writing that's strikingly similar to that found on the Tower of the Gods

also the grove that the Master Sword is in is similar to that of ALttP, and there's various landmarks that take influence from the original Zelda...

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
hmmm....well...this is an interesting theory I came across...

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's timeline placement is....all of them...
A Timeline Convergence...

I'm not sure I buy it since it's a huuuuge stretch, but at the same time...We have several elements that suggest a Child timeline placement....
-large emphasis on Sheikah technology
-that actually has a strong resemblance to that of Twili Technology, which they are likely descended from sheikah
-Great Bridge of Hylia

and then we have Koroks...
and various symbols and writing that's strikingly similar to that found on the Tower of the Gods

Thoughts?
A little far-fetched, but that would be awesome.
EDIT: I'm actually now imagining a land of the lost type scenario, with ruined elements from different games and timelines all smashed into one huge world.
Holy crap that'd be awesome.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well that'd make it even more dated...

Eh, it doesn't matter to me in the long run though.
Not really "dated" considering it was one of the most important events in US history in the 20th century. It'd be dated if it was something no one talks about anymore, while Watergate remains in the public conscious.

There's a reason people turned -gate into a suffix describing a controversy, despite it not making sense as a suffix in context. :p

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ugh, I just watched Gamexplain's interview with Risa Tabata.

She really doesn't seem like a bad person, I'm sure her heart is in the right place, I just don't think Paper Mario is the place for her. She has some great games under her belt, to be sure.

Regardless of that, I'm kind of worried that we now somewhat have a 'face' for all this... I sincerely hope the poor girl doesn't get swarmed with hate and death threats or some stupid **** like that. That'd be unacceptable.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I hope Nintendo makes a strong comeback with the NX--none of this gimmicky "well we have this thing, so the games on this console have to involve it somehow..."
...You haven't seen any of the patents have you?

Ehhhh. None too familiar with R&C, though I'm interested, but that's more of an adventure game. Kid Icarus works best with smaller, linear stages you can play and practice in shorter bursts. Larger stages would make the game more frustrating...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Still upset over no DMC5 at E3 and Battletoads

I've given up on the latter but the former still has TGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom