• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

That was a pretty good Treehouse stream.

Crazy how this is prolly the last time they'll show Wii U games, maaaybe 3DS but it's still going to get games releasing next year. It's all about that NX.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Dude.

He meant the in game joke.

Not you.

You're getting defensive over nothing and you're only embarrassing yourself.
At what point did I mention him in that post? This is something I see going around from multiple sources.

It's also more of a jab at the "Don't judge it until you play it" argument than anything.

I will attest that opening with that sort of shrouded that point, so I apologize for that.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dude.

He meant the in game joke.

Not you.

You're getting defensive over nothing and you're only embarrassing yourself.
He's not ranting at Xenoking for posting the joke and saying that he was reminded of it.

He's just complaining about the use of said joke, not in relation to what Xenoking said. He's ranting about how a lot of people use the picture, and Xenoking is not part of that lot of people.

Everyone does this sometimes. Something is posted or referenced, and that reminds someone of something in relation to it that grinds their gears.

DarkAura was just venting, basically. Nothing wrong with that. His point is extremely valid too.

Rising up from the dead after 6 months of inactivity to say that Rhythm Heaven Megamix is an amazing game and you should all go buy it. Easily my highlight of E3.

JUST LOOK AT THESE LITTLE BUNDLES OF PURITY
AND THEY AREN'T IN SMASH
SAKURAAAAAAAAAIII

Also hi to any new members of the NintenZone that may not recognize me. Not that it really matters. Not really a proactive member in discussions here but sometimes I make some fun things. :upsidedown:
You make artwork, right?

I think I recall seeing artwork on tumblr or deviantART or something under that username you have.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
View attachment 110039

Very interesting.

BotW is off to a great future.
https://www.reddit.com/r/shills/comments/4kdq7n/astroturfing_information_megathread_revision_8/

NOW I'M NOT SAYING THAT NINTENDO IS BUYING TWEETS BUT...

Edit: but seriously, it's all Nintendo's really talked about during E3. At least, the various hours I checked in, hah! A prestigious brand and massive exposure can do this legitly, especially once they introduce all the sandbox elements that all the cool games have.

Last edited:

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
You make artwork, right?

I think I recall seeing artwork on tumblr or deviantART or something under that username you have.
Yes I do! Certainly not at vaanrose levels, but I enjoy throwing pieces together.

Strofirko

Smash Master
https://www.reddit.com/r/shills/comments/4kdq7n/astroturfing_information_megathread_revision_8/

NOW I'M NOT SAYING THAT NINTENDO IS BUYING TWEETS BUT...

Edit: but seriously, it's all Nintendo's really talked about during E3. At least, the various hours I checked in, hah! A prestigious brand and massive exposure can do this legitly, especially once they introduce all the sandbox elements that all the cool games have.
I think Zelda being very talked on this E3 has to do more with the huge chunks of information dropped 5 hours non-stop than anything.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Told y'all.

Fall is when the megatons hit.

Except Mother 3.

That one's never happening.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I am still saddened that I can't play as bow tie wearing cutesies in smash.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just caught up!

Star Rush is interesting... But I don't know if I like it's mechanics.

Ever Oasis is sort of there right now. Could be good, could be bad. I'll watch it.

Color splash is slightly better. It slightly made me laugh for 2 reasons:

1) the dragon fro, Captain Toad shows up so good on them for that.

2) That scene with the fire extinguisher on Morton was pretty funny imo.

Now for a side note, Pokemon Sun and Moon has alcohol?
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/26754470/username-nintendo

Sun and moon is listed with having gambling and mild language and use of alcohol. Interesting.... This is found through using text editors on the fact sheet for Sun and Moon.

Also that potential Pokken DLC sounds great! Wold love darkrai and Scizor. Empoleon could be good to.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just caught up!

Star Rush is interesting... But I don't know if I like it's mechanics.

Ever Oasis is sort of there right now. Could be good, could be bad. I'll watch it.

Color splash is slightly better. It slightly made me laugh for 2 reasons:

1) the dragon fro, Captain Toad shows up so good on them for that.

2) That scene with the fire extinguisher on Morton was pretty funny imo.

Now for a side note, Pokemon Sun and Moon has alcohol?
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/26754470/username-nintendo

Sun and moon is listed with having gambling and mild language and use of alcohol. Interesting.... This is found through using text editors on the fact sheet for Sun and Moon.

Also that potential Pokken DLC sounds great! Wold love darkrai and Scizor. Empoleon could be good to.
>SUN AND MOON IS LISTED WITH HAVING GAMBLING

WE BACK

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I regret my Wii U purchase long ago--oh well! I should've read the signs of the times.
I hope Nintendo makes a strong comeback with the NX--none of this gimmicky "well we have this thing, so the games on this console have to involve it somehow..."

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Told y'all.

Fall is when the megatons hit.

Except Mother 3.

That one's never happening.
I would find it hilarious if it turned out they just saved Mother 3 for NX to tempt all the devoted fans into switching to the new system.

I mean, it'd work, right?

I'm not going to go in thinking it's definitely happening, but it seems like more of a solid game plan than just dropping it on a dying system right when you're about to make a jump when you know full well it's got some guaranteed sales on it, so I'm not going to act like it not being at E3 means it's definitely not happening either.

I have a feeling that it'll happen EVENTUALLY, just not at any of the times people are sitting there expecting it to happen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Forgot to note that I'm on the European one, but I figure something like this is international.
It's on the U.S. one but wouldn't let me redeem it. May not get as it doesn't seem to come with music, so I may save those points and see what else is revealed in future.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Which E3 showing do you think was the worst out of the 3 below? Rank from least worst to worst.

- Nintendo's 2008 E3 Conference
- Sony's 2006 E3 Conference
- Microsoft's 2013 E3 Conference

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I don't know if this has been posted here already, but Gamexplain posted a new Sun and Moon video talking about a few hidden details from yesterday's gameplay.

Some stuff you might've already known, but they do bring up some interesting points.
  • They aren't reusing Pokedex entries for the older Pokemon.
  • The Strange Souvenir legendary could be one of the "guardian" Pokemon of Alola. That sounds pretty believable right now.
While not mentioned in the video, it looks like "Shauna as the mother character in Sun and Moon" theory has been deconfirmed now that the mother is confirmed to have brown eyes instead of green eyes.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I regret my Wii U purchase long ago--oh well! I should've read the signs of the times.
I hope Nintendo makes a strong comeback with the NX--none of this gimmicky "well we have this thing, so the games on this console have to involve it somehow..."
Well there was this article posted a few pages ago.

http://www.wired.com/2016/06/zelda-breath-wild-aonuma-demo/

If you scroll a good chunk of the way down, there's a quote about "not wanting a different experience" when it discusses why Breath of the Wild doesn't have motion controls, and the writer speculates that this means that Nintendo won't have an unusual controller this time.

Nintendo also seems to be taking notes from triple-A games other companies make and is planning on implementing their research into more games in the future.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys, I was curious; what do you all plan on doing now that E3 has only one day left and is close to ending? Will you be watching any more conferences? Or do you plan on doing other gaming related stuff? Afraid to say I don't know what to do myself now. :p

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't know if this has been posted here already, but Gamexplain posted a new Sun and Moon video talking about a few hidden details from yesterday's gameplay.

Some stuff you might've already known, but they do bring up some interesting points.
  • They aren't reusing Pokedex entries for the older Pokemon.
  • The Strange Souvenir legendary could be one of the "guardian" Pokemon of Alola. That sounds pretty believable right now.
While not mentioned in the video, it looks like "Shauna as the mother character in Sun and Moon" theory has been deconfirmed now that the mother is confirmed to have brown eyes instead of green eyes.
Actually, it's been a reoccuring thing.
That one game out of a generation gives new dex entries.
And the other repeats old ones.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Which E3 showing do you think was the worst out of the 3 below? Rank from least worst to worst.

- Nintendo's 2008 E3 Conference
- Sony's 2006 E3 Conference
- Microsoft's 2013 E3 Conference
Sony's obviously, here's why

:p

I didn't watching Xbox's but I haven't heard many speak of it, but I'd say considering Nintendo did just the treehouse, I think it worked well. So I'd place them second especially because of Zelda being so big. Sony's had a lot though and wasn't to bad.

I also think Nintendo might drop directs in respect to Iwata. They aren't the same without him and I think that after Cloud's they realized this. So maybe they will do treehouse streams with developers instead. It could give fans more on hand looks at upcoming titles in a good way imo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well guys, I was curious; what do you all plan on doing now that E3 has only one day left and is close to ending? Will you be watching any more conferences? Or do you plan on doing other gaming related stuff? Afraid to say I don't know what to do myself now. :p
I'll be getting back to fixing my Smash mod situation. Tried installing a Shadow skin mod but it broke my mod pack. I've tried everything I could think of and I haven't been able to fix it. The game hangs whenever I get to the CSS now, and I can't use any other mods because of it. Especially annoying as I made voice mods for Marth and Rosalina myself, and want to record videos for them to go along with the release of them.

------

I just realised the Colour Splash presentation was 40 minutes long. Geez, that's as long as a Nintendo Direct.

Screenshot_2016-06-16-03-31-58.png

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Nintendo might drop directs in respect to Iwata. They aren't the same without him and I think that after Cloud's they realized this. So maybe they will do treehouse streams with developers instead. It could give fans more on hand looks at upcoming titles in a good way imo.
How is it worse without Iwata? I mean it sucks to not have him in Directs anymore yeah but they're still all in all good. They did the March Direct so I doubt they're dropping the format.

I personally can't stand Treehouse gameplay footage. It takes forever for them to show off a game and it's all in all boring to watch, almost like a Let's Play video. Directs provide quick gameplay footage which are much more easier to take in and happen seamlessly one after the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom