• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Still in agreement that Fates pretty much introduced the worst Fire Emblem antagonists in years.

Not that a mere pawn like Garon was a groundbreaking antagonist that wasn't so obvious.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I remember in my initial Birthright playthrough when I played Chapter 13. Camilla flew straight into Takumi in an attempt to take advantage of his low Resistance, but she didn't kill Takumi, and he ended up one-shotting her.

Yeah, on Normal and Hard, she's not that difficult to overcome, but on Lunatic, Camilla actually has Bowbreaker equipped during Chapter 13, so bows are out of the question when dealing with her.

Speaking of bosses, I can give you tip about the next chapter:

Chapter 14's boss is a capturable unit. Not one of the best capturable units you'll encounter in the game, but the boss has Savage Blow for a skill.
Hmm. Alright. I'll recruit him then.

I married my Avatar to Kaze btw. The confession scene is... something.
When he says the last line of his confession, you'll actually hear it like someone whispering in your ear, if you have earphones on. >_>

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
When he says the last line of his confession, you'll actually hear it like someone whispering in your ear, if you have earphones on. >_>
Just like the japanese version of the game and most Drama CDs in Japan lol. The japanese are weird
I wouldn't be surprised if she swapped places with male corrin in the next Smash with her being the default and him the alt at this point. Assuming they return...
as long as they dont directly cut Male corrin out, Im fine

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

As expected, Fem!Corrin is always the one to get the merchandise.
To be fair, the Male Corrin does get to have the Amiibo.

In other words, holy butt! That Corrin Nendoroid is just what I need for next year.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>When you get the Wimpod just right.
Sweet mother of Arceus, that feel good.
Also, Hi here.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like how I have 3 of those "random" lotteries in festival plaza

And they are so "random" I've won the same prize every single day I've used them

Berry Juice

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Laura Kate Dale just did an AMA on Reddit. (Obligatory warning that Reddit does not censor and thus only click if you're willing to read NSFW language)

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...itch_leaker_and_full/?st=ix6g9o8c&sh=00a59ca0

Speaking about Smash specifically. . .

Everything I have heard is enhanced ports, to varying degrees. Mario KArt seems extensive. Smash seems minimal. Varying levels of addition.
That sounds bad, but then further down I see stuff like this. . .

I have still heard nothing on Corrin Amiibo and I can't work out why.
And then there was this one ( @epicmartin7 asked the question that lead to this response)
I have heard nothing on new characters, but I would hope for some personally. In terms of enhanced ports, it's the one I have heard the least about updates to.
So I continue to get the impression that Smash is just an utter void of information compared to the other things rumored and that the statement of Smash being minimal may partially be because they simply have minimal information on it. Smash leaks seem to be very few and far between, and not all leakers are getting access to all of what few leaks there are.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just remembered my country is going to celebrate a massive Quinceañera party because the parents of the girl left the Facebook invitation public and +150,000 people said they'd assist.

Keks in mexican.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i like to imagine that the people who are sources for smash leaks walk into a room with a folder labelled
"FULL GAME DETAILS" they go to open it and feel a shotgun pressed against the side of their head they look over and see sakurai holding it and then slowly back out of the room as sakurai slowly fades back into the shdows going "shhh" as another person waits outside of the door waiting for their turn

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Laura Kate Dale just did an AMA on Reddit. (Obligatory warning that Reddit does not censor and thus only click if you're willing to read NSFW language)

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...itch_leaker_and_full/?st=ix6g9o8c&sh=00a59ca0

Speaking about Smash specifically. . .

That sounds bad, but then further down I see stuff like this. . .

And then there was this one ( @epicmartin7 asked the question that lead to this response)

So I continue to get the impression that Smash is just an utter void of information compared to the other things rumored and that the statement of Smash being minimal may partially be because they simply have minimal information on it. Smash leaks seem to be very few and far between, and not all leakers are getting access to all of what few leaks there are.
Smash Bros is the one thing that pretty much never gets leaked and if it does it's usually either false or very vague. The only reason Royu was leaked back in April was a mistake on the dev team's part because otherwise development is super secretive.

I bet there's like a massive death ray that disintegrates anyone that even dares to try and leak anything. That's my headcanon anyways. :)

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

As expected, Fem!Corrin is always the one to get the merchandise.
:4corrinf: Well there is only one Corrin in the game worth mentioning :dazwa: don't know who hacked the game to put in a male Corrin but eh :lol:

And I can't play Dishonored 2 until my brother gets something to get more memory for the ps4.. :ohwell: also going to get Hyrule Warriors in a few.. is there anything I should know about the 3ds version of the game? :lol:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have now literally been soft reseting for an adamant Munchlax for an hour

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Smash Bros is the one thing that pretty much never gets leaked and if it does it's usually either false or very vague. The only reasons Royu was leaked back in April was a mistake on the dev team's part because otherwise development is super secretive.

I bet there's like a massive death ray that disintegrates anyone that even dares to try and leak anything. That's my headcanon anyways. :)
Literally the only new characters that didn't end up getting leaked were the non-Royu DLC, Robin, Lucina, Rosalina, and Greninja (...partially). And even then, Robin would have been leaked if a certain second leak had not been apprehensive about posting it (the Duck Hunt, Robin, and Bowser Jr. Leak).

Just because Chrom was dropped and Chorus Kids presumably had development issues doesn't mean Gematsu was fake. :p

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Literally the only new characters that didn't end up getting leaked were the non-Royu DLC, Robin, Lucina, Rosalina, and Greninja (...partially). And even then, Robin would have been leaked had a certain second leak not have been apprehensive about posting it (the Duck Hunt, Robin, and Bowser Jr. Leak).

Just because Chrom was dropped and Chorus Kids presumably had development issues doesn't mean Gematsu was fake. :p
Yeah, Smash games tend to have leaky pipes...even if the one in question is from early in development and the leakers may or may not have tried to extrapolate with what information they had.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well that wasn't fun....

I decided to go out today to do some Boxing Day shopping, and at -4 with Freezing rain the roads are literally like an Ice rink...I actually almost got hit by another car on the opposing lane who's backend started swinging into my lane and missed me by just a few inches...

Welp, that's enough excitement for me for one day, so I'll stay inside where I'm not likely going to get killed by people who don't know how to drive on ice....

I'm gonna pull a Golisopod and activate that Emergency Exit....it's a tactical retreat...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I now finally have Pokemon Moon thanks to my family and Christmas. I'm late as heck to this party but I'm still going to join it. :p

I also got Pokken and Kirby Planet Robobot as well. Didn't ask for or even want many games this year; I'm just glad I got the three I did ask for.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Literally the only new characters that didn't end up getting leaked were the non-Royu DLC, Robin, Lucina, Rosalina, and Greninja (...partially). And even then, Robin would have been leaked if a certain second leak had not been apprehensive about posting it (the Duck Hunt, Robin, and Bowser Jr. Leak).

Well yeah Gematsu was a thing but other than that Smash Bros has been leak free for the most part. Nothing from the DLC got leaked (apart from the Royu mishap that was on the devs) and if it weren't for Gematsu we wouldn't know anything about Smash 4's characters.

The ESRB leak was also a thing but that was pretty much at the end of the speculation cycle and we knew most of what was going to happen already. Nintendo is probably going to be very careful lending their content to ESRB going forward anyway so I doubt something like that would ever happen again.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I like it.

Seriously though, it's a nice personification of Tapu Lele.
I approve this image because I have done the same joek on my previous post.
Greato daze.:101:
Also geez, Pokemon Sun & Moon is hard! Like, good "hard", not bad "hard". I have to step up my game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
White Genocide is trending on twitter

This is the world we live in

Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just remembered my country is going to celebrate a massive Quinceañera party because the parents of the girl left the Facebook invitation public and +150,000 people said they'd assist.

Keks in mexican.
that poor girls family
Who else likes my avatar
does the place you got it from have Tapu koko and bulu?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

. . .Wasn't Duck Hunt leaked by the ESRB pretty late into the development cycle?

The only leak I remember happening at an equal or earlier stage of development than a Smash game meant for late next year would be was the Gematsu leak. The floodgates only seemed to open once copies started being given to outsiders, which of course would increase the chances of something slipping out drastically.

The majority of the leaking seemed to hinge on one person for a pretty long time. If no one so far is willing to slip as much info out -and Gematsu was initially only caught retroactively via them making a "prediction", so even if the leakers are up for it the reporters might be too skeptical so far- then it might be a bit harder to find info until the final stages of development where the game has to be passed around.

And Master Core wasn't even known to be a thing until civilian copies went out into the wild, so even the leakers didn't share everything.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Wait.

I have a LEAK THEORY.

Remember how when Pac-Man was announced there was this dude that was super relieved that he could talk about it and then proceeded that there's several people testing different characters, so no one knows about all characters?
Maybe there is more than two characters, but the source only played his own characters and doesn't know there's more?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually, money is not the problem, the girl's dad is wealthy, some artists will perform for free and they got sponsorship from a mole brand.
It's a coming-of-age ceremony, right? That's one lavish ceremony.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So Kirby and pals finally got accepted as Universe Busters after enough proof their defeat of Magalor isn't an outlier (Galacta Knight's "universal" slash, Dark Mind corrupting the entire Mirror World, Sectonia being brainwashed by the same mirror, etc).

Endgame Shulk still stomps pretty hard.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It's a coming-of-age ceremony, right? That's one lavish ceremony.
Yep, the 15th birthday of a girl is celebrated in a big and expensive way.
However this one got massive thanks to facebook and dank memes.
+20,000 people are expected tonight, and there's around 10,000 there already.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wait.

I have a LEAK THEORY.

Remember how when Pac-Man was announced there was this dude that was super relieved that he could talk about it and then proceeded that there's several people testing different characters, so no one knows about all characters?
Maybe there is more than two characters, but the source only played his own characters and doesn't know there's more?
It's possible. Two characters does seem lower than one would expect, and it would further scramble what could be discerned for the sake of leaks. Nintendo would probably be even more careful after Gematsu, too.

At the very least, though, I highly doubt any speculation that involves the Ballot being completely ignored is correct. So many people seem to think we're only getting "obligatory" characters, but the Ballot stated the info would be used as a reference for future games right off the bat. I don't see why the heck they would even be bringing that up unless they had something in the back of their minds.

And Ice Climbers are likely only getting back in if they decide 8 Player Smash isn't worth having on a system that's part portable, as being only moderately more powerful than the Wii U doesn't seem like enough to make it past the sheer strain 8 Player Smash was putting on the system combined with their doubling the number of active models.

Just a couple of things I'm keeping in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom