• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
限界は壊れることを意味する!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Never Alone (Kisima Innitchuna) Review

Never Alone starts off as a simple puzzle platformer with great artsyle yet clunky controls. In the first hour the journey begins with a little girl being chased by a polar bear while an arctic fox saves her life. They soon become friends and the side villain is introduced after a tragic event occurs. Story is simple, but effective. The native speaker really helps you to immerse yourself in the beautiful Alaskan setting.

The controls eventually become second nature and work quite well. I played single-player but the constant switching between the two characters proved to just work. Never Alone features good heart-warming (and breaking) cinematics and the level designs are fantastic. It has many moments and locations I just had to pause and screenshot, as well as some tricky platforming sections. Puzzles are mainly simple and focus is on the platforming.

The final level was probbaly the most dynamic boss level I have ever played in a platformer requiring quick thinking and precision. The Foxtail DLC is a great story and platforming puzzler of its own and lasts around an hour long, while main game is unfortunatly pretty short with only 3-3 1/2hrs of gameplay however it's tottally worth it at the sale price. The extra unlockable mini-documentaries are a neat addition that let you understand the culture Never Alone payes homage to.

9/10.
sidenote: I'm saving the dlc for later, but this was mainly for steam and I researched the length ect.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This was a pretty cool remix of the MM7 intro stage. It uses MMX style instruments.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Christmas isn't quite over yet, but I figured I'd try on my next avatar.

. . .Also on a side note, I checked out his Twitter and it turns out the maker of Squid Girl maaay or may not have their Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Suite code pinned to the top of their Twitter.

It says it's 3B00-0014-3233, if anyone's curious.

For the record, I haven't checked it out and I haven't re-unlocked the Dream Suite yet so I couldn't even if I wanted to, but hopefully it's alright. So, uh. . .editing in fair warning on that.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I need a better name for an ability that turns normal moves into grass type. Halp?
Hmm, I wonder. . .Would "Foliate" work?

Or maybe something in the vein of "Mossy *something*?"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm going to go to McDonald's for Christmas dinner

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am not a fan of Christmas day because most restaurants and stores are closed and I usually just end up sitting home alone.

Christmas day is BORING

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Someone help my argument that Aladdin is a better movie than Beauty and the Beast against my siblings.

Because I'm trying to say that Aladdin is the second best Disney movie and Beauty and the Beast is the third best

If anyone ask for the best Disney movie, its The Lion King

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Merry Christmas everyone!

I just had a great and quiet dinner with my family, which was nice since yesterday was pretty hectic. After that, we shared some of our gifts, and I got World of Final Fantasy, SMTIV:A, and a few other things. It's been a good day today and I hope you all are having a great one too.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Someone help my argument that Aladdin is a better movie than Beauty and the Beast against my siblings.

Because I'm trying to say that Aladdin is the second best Disney movie and Beauty and the Beast is the third best

Well you are both wrong because Lion King is better then both of those

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
User was warned for this post
So, mcdonalds was closed, but arbies was open

You are objectionably wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

You're both wrong because obviously Home on the Range is the best Disney movie.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm back from the festivities...

Can't say my gifts were quite as exciting or extravagant but I can't complain....These days I'm more excited about Christmas Dinner than the presents though, and my brother brought some pretty good Tiramisu for dessert!

Also while we were all just chilling and watching the tele, I started shiny hunting for Exeggcute...no luck so far...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not sure if I'd consider one objectively better than the other, since they're both very different from each other. Aladdin is the more action-packed, less serious movie with more eye candy, whereas BatB is more down-to-Earth while still having plenty of magic in it. Each movie tells a vastly different story, but they're both really good. At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal tastes, coming from someone who likes both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well you are both wrong because Lion King is better then both of those
You call yourself a professor and you didn't read my post fully. Layton would be disappointed in you

I said the Lion King was the best movie but we were debating over which of the other two was better

You are objectionably wrong
And i objectively disagree

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You call yourself a professor and you didn't read my post fully. Layton would be disappointed in you

I said the Lion King was the best movie but we were debating over which of the other two was better

And i objectively disagree
Aladdin stole most of it's designs and ideas from "The Thief and the Cobbler"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Your opinions are 100% correct.

Tell them Swamp said so.

Swamp knows his ****.

Would you guys be interested in me telling my story through Moon like everyone else? Or are we past that?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Layton, I have failed you :104:

But Personally Id put Aladdin above Beauty and the Beast but you know what I would put before Beauty and The Beast? The Princess and the Frog

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Aladdin stole most of it's designs and ideas from "The Thief and the Cobbler"
Pretty much all Disney movies are based on existing stories...including Beauty and the Beast...

The Lion King is literally just a retelling of Hamlet for example...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pretty much all Disney movies are based on existing stories...including Beauty and the Beast...

The Lion King is literally just Hamlet for example...
Yeah, but the Thief and the Cobbler is not an ancient story, it was an animator's personal dream, and Disney promised to fund it for his help in "Roger Rabbit"

They backed out on the deal afterward, then suddenly released "Aladdin" shortly after that. With interestingly similarly designed characters and plot

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Tell them Swamp said so.

Swamp knows his ****.

Would you guys be interested in me telling my story through Moon like everyone else? Or are we past that?
Do it! I'd read it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So there've been a few memes that emerged from that photo in the last episode of Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Like this gem.

15590613_1341907579184246_5134945450408748378_n.png

I mean, it's another joke related to Gladion's edginess, but the mention of Linkin Park got me.

I've seen an even better joke featuring that picture from the episode, but I think I'll post it another time.

I'd do it. I think it'd be cool to hear how your adventure is going!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Tell them Swamp said so.

Swamp knows his ****.

Well, this Swamp guy is president so I can't deny his credibility

The Lion King is literally just a retelling of Hamlet for example...
Also how their movies are heavily edited like Hunch Back of Notre Dame, Pocahauntas and Aladdin as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom