• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Today's Christmas was surprising.

Got a Pokemon guidebook (one that goes all the way to Gen 6), a Pikachu cap, more expensive cologne, a Millennium Falcon speaker, Virtual Reality headset, Super Mario series Diddy Kong and Boo Amiibo, $10 eShop card (Still unsure if I want to play Earthbound again), and a Sanji figure (I already know who to thank for this).

My family seriously went all out for me. Like did I need Virtual Reality of all things?
It's the Year of Sanji. You can thank me later.

Sounds like an expensive Christmas in that case. Not like that figure was any different in pricing.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Now that I'm halfway through, Never Alone is actually amazing!
The intro chapters were alright. Controls felt clunky but now I must have gotten perfectly used to them. It all makes sense, the way you switch between the fox and the girl and do different things. Also learned how to control the spirits with the fox oml this is great.

Luig

Confused
I can finally look at smash 4 animations and hitboxes and stuff in a program. They finally have this pseudo brawlbox thing to view models, animations, bones, and hitboxes in.
yey.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Merry Christmas to all you dudes. I got a pretty good haul: Dragon Quest VII, Final Fantasy XV, Ratchet & Clank, and some other things that aren't video games. Good stuff this year.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Got the Callie and Marie Amiibo for Christmas, so I decided to boot Splatoon up.

It looks like quite a few people got either those Amiibo or the game itself for Christmas.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I got a nice haul. What do you think?
image.jpeg

Also my parents loved the presents I got them. I'm really happy.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I got a nice haul. What do you think?View attachment 123605

Also my parents loved the presents I got them. I'm really happy.
I see Conquest. See ye on the battlefield then. :p

Have fun. Considering I've sunk 14 hours into Birthright already and only just cleared the Ninja Village. (I'm grinding a lot as well in the Challenges.)

They die while mating the queen and shooting out all their insides in the same process?
Well, the sting literally rips apart their abdomen. It's one heroic sacrifice.
Rest in Poison

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Here's what I got today.
image.jpeg

Really excited to use those figures as references.

I also got some more things, but they haven't arrived yet.
upload_2016-12-25_17-27-27.png

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I hope the Callie and Marie Amiibo have a bit more functionality in the Switch version of Splatoon. Not that I can necessarily blame them for being not much more than an aesthetic trigger since they were created so late into the original Splatoon's lifespan, but I was at least hoping they would add their unique music to the song roster instead of just triggering it to play outdoors somewhat muffled.

Still, this means I have all five unique Splatoon Amiibo for now. Hopefully that covers me for a lot of functionality with the Switch version, although I get the feeling there's probably going to be another Amiibo wave with the new tentacle styles and/or more characters, heheheh. . .

I have all of my Splatoon Amiibo lined up in a V formation right now though and it looks pretty good. I think I'm kind of happy with having a full set. I'm not really missing out by not having the recolors since they're functionally itentacle, so all that's left for that particular series is to watch and see if and what other Amiibo come out.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I hope the Callie and Marie Amiibo have a bit more functionality in the Switch version of Splatoon. Not that I can necessarily blame them for being not much more than an aesthetic trigger since they were created so late into the original Splatoon's lifespan, but I was at least hoping they would add their unique music to the song roster instead of just triggering it to play outdoors somewhat muffled.

Still, this means I have all five unique Splatoon Amiibo for now. Hopefully that covers me for a lot of functionality with the Switch version, although I get the feeling there's probably going to be another Amiibo wave with the new tentacle styles and/or more characters, heheheh. . .

I have all of my Splatoon Amiibo lined up in a V formation right now though and it looks pretty good. I think I'm kind of happy with having a full set. I'm not really missing out by not having the recolors since they're functionally itentacle, so all that's left for that particular series is to watch and see if and what other Amiibo come out.
What do the palette swap of the kids do?

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Oh yeah, Splatoon's definitely got more people hanging about. I don't think it's been this active since I first got the game earlier this year (ignoring Splatfests of course).

:094:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What do the palette swap of the kids do?
The exact same as the originals, IIRC. That's why I don't feel compelled to have them, they're literally just a new paint job.

They more seem like a good way to boost stock in areas where the originals ran out in case you can't get the initial set. If you already have the originals then their main appeal is as collector's items for the sake of having all variations.

. . .Maybe I shouldn't have jumped into that pun so quick in that post.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The exact same as the originals, IIRC. That's why I don't feel compelled to have them, they're literally just a new paint job.

They more seem like a good way to boost stock in areas where the originals ran out in case you can't get the initial set. If you already have the originals then their main appeal is as collector's items for the sake of having all variations.

. . .Maybe I shouldn't have jumped into that pun so quick in that post.
Maybe in the updated port the boy will be heavy splating challenge and the girl will have bucket challenges

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've been looking into getting the Wind Waker amiibo, I haven't found the Zelda line in store yet though. Guess I'll probably look into them through Amazon.

Happy holidays by the way.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Man **** 2016.
idk if I can blame a year for a death the year itself didnt directly cause but its a shame they died
I've been looking into getting the Wind Waker amiibo, I haven't found the Zelda line in store yet though. Guess I'll probably look into them through Amazon.

Happy holidays by the way.
idk where my sisetr got mine from They weren't in my gamestop or my walmart like the sites said

But she got mine from the game stop I checked at so I have no idea

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
RIP George Michael

Also got a new Laptop, $20 PSN card, Game Stop gift card and some clothes.

Plus I was considered an MVP for all the gifts I've gave this year.

One of those gifts I gave was two copies of Rise of the Tomb Raider for each of my brothers

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Plus I was considered an MVP for all the gifts I've gave this year.

One of those gifts I gave was two copies of Rise of the Tomb Raider for each of my brothers
the only gifts I gave where a Vault boy pixal light up thing and a jerseys of my dads fav soccor team

Wasn't named MVP like everyone here sadly

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
idk where my sisetr got mine from They weren't in my gamestop or my walmart like the sites said

But she got mine from the game stop I checked at so I have no idea
I haven't come across any of them yet in any of our local stores that sell amiibo so I'd guess their either sold out or unavailable there.

I'd only really do Amazon as a last resort since I'll have to end up waiting two or three weeks for them to arrive, especially since my prime membership expired....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom