• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So I'm trying out this new exploit with the shiny/masuda method (it works with either one or both but I'm only using the Shiny charm because I don't have a foreign ditto..) to get a shiny cutiefly I've already went through 60 magikarp eggs and haven't haven't found a shiny yet..

D

Deleted member

Well yes, me neither Max or I see it that likely either. My question was more so on how you'd feel if he were to actually make it in.
My reaction would basically be "Cool." He's one of the more enjoyable SNK characters I've played as, and I'm sure he'd be fun here, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I'm trying out this new exploit with the shiny/masuda method (it works with either one or both but I'm only using the Shiny charm because I don't have a foreign ditto..) to get a shiny cutiefly I've already went through 60 magikarp eggs and haven't haven't found a shiny yet..
Well, it is a 1 in 600 chance.

That's why they recommended trying out with 30 eggs and redoing it by taking the pokemon out and putting them back in.

I resets the preset results when you take them both out and try again, and it can change the presets to be better

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hmm.. working on my Miteh Beedrill's stat total. It's 445 instead of 395.
Hp: 65>70
Attack: 90>100
Defense: 40>60
Special Attack: 45
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 90

:p

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Someone throw some noice 3DS titles my way.
I got 100$ as a gift from grandma and for the first time in a long while,have no clue what to spend it on.

also 3 days till Christmas! time is flying faster than I thought.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I got 100$ as a gift from grandma and for the first time in a long while,have no clue what to spend it on.

Pokemon Moon.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Well, it is a 1 in 600 chance.

That's why they recommended trying out with 30 eggs and redoing it by taking the pokemon out and putting them back in.

I resets the preset results when you take them both out and try again, and it can change the presets to be better
So they both need to be taken out if none of the 30 are shiny? The way it's mentioned makes it sound too confusing and I didn't take out the ditto after I released all the failures because I thought it didn't matter and it's wasting 500 money..

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Mole Mania on the Virtual Console! It's only like four bucks and it's a great puzzle game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's not to bad. I used it to get shiny castform last night.

160 eggs for magicarp isn't to bad.

With the charm and Masuda it's nice. I'm sure you can get it soon enough though.

now get in the dang bag

So they both need to be taken out if none of the 30 are shiny? The way it's mentioned makes it sound too confusing and I didn't take out the ditto after I released all the failures because I thought it didn't matter and it's wasting 500 money..
Just take one parent out.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, they both need to be taken out

If only one needed to be taken out, the point of testing it with Magikarp wouldn't make sense

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I kinda wanna add Opossum Opossum 's Opossum pokemon, Opossoul to my pokemon game.

The whole roadkill theme could go well with my regions rattata. Wheelie which evolves into Roadillo. They're obviously armadillos and based off car tires.

Last edited:

Kid Icarus Uprising or Bravely Default

With this post, I have fulfilled my contractual duty to praise those 2 games

Update: Still have no idea if I have class.

Cookies were delicious and parents were pleasantly surprised
:061:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Pokemon Moon.
Day 1 purchase. haha. getting that game with a squad of friends was memorable for sure.
I could get Sun however. maybe to hunt down some UBs i'm looking for.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So what do you guys think of this? And as unlikely as it is, what would you guys think if Iori were to make it into the game like this video hypothetically says?
Haven't watched the video, but here are my predictions for SFV season 2 since it's relevant:

• Helen/Kolin (Has detailed model, pretty sure Capcom isn't going to leave her to just a story mode character).
  • Azam (See above).
  • Iori Yagami (Yes, the same KOF character, see here).
  • Satsuki (Or at least one of the Dolls, see Helen/Kolin and Azam) or Nadeshiko.
  • Garuda, Rook (Capcom Fighting All-Stars) or Gen's apprentice (I know 3 is technically cheating, but I couldn't decide) :p

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

If you haven't tried it already, Kid Icarus: Uprising. Well, as long as you're not left handed, anyway. . .

Other than the controls literally everything is golden, though. There's a reason it ends up being a lot of peoples' favorites.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Haven't watched the video, but here are my predictions for SFV season 2 since it's relevant:

• Helen/Kolin (Has detailed model, pretty sure Capcom isn't going to leave her to just a story mode character)
  • Azam (See above)
  • Iori Yagami (Yes, the same KOF character, see here).
  • Satsuki (Or at least one of the Dolls, see Helen/Kolin and Azam) or Nadeshiko.
  • Garuda, Rook (Capcom Fighting All-Stars) or Gen's apprentice (I know 3 is technically cheating, but I couldn't decide) :p
I've seen the Rook guess thrown around quite a bit, I hope it's real.

Actually would like for all the Capcom FAS characters to be reused.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I kinda wanna add Opossum Opossum 's Opossum pokemon, Opossoul to my pokemon game.

The whole roadkill theme could go well with my regions rattata. Wheelie which evolves into Roadillo. They're obviously armadillos and based off car tires.
Just as long as the character based off of me gets one as his ace. :p A Castform and Ribombee would be great too though. I'm not too picky though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it'd have an alternate form with Opostate, where is denounces it's soul

Like it leaves it's body as an empty shell

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Yes, they both need to be taken out

If only one needed to be taken out, the point of testing it with Magikarp wouldn't make sense
Testing it with magikarp is because it's the fastest Pokemon to have eggs spawn and hatch. Which is why it's generally recommended to use for this exploit
now get in the dang bag
Pew!

Hopefully it won't take too long but knowing my luck it probably will since I'm not using masuda

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well yes, me neither Max or I see it that likely either. My question was more so on how you'd feel if he were to actually make it in.
I would be 100% ok with it, but the only question is (if he is in) how they're going to do Iori justice when they translate him from KOF style gameplay and mechanics to Street Fighter V's gameplay and mechanics.

I recall someone suggesting:
  • V-Skill: KOF 94 - 98 Dodge, press again to do a counterattack.
  • V-Trigger: Turns into Riot of the Blood Iori and has KOF style movement (hops, hyper hops, hyper jumps, etc) for a certain amount of time.
I could see it working like that... but I dunno what I'd have other than that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Testing it with magikarp is because it's the fastest Pokemon to have eggs spawn and hatch. Which is why it's generally recommended to use for this exploit

Pew!

Hopefully it won't take too long but knowing my luck it probably will since I'm not using masuda
Yeah, but if you just needed to take 1 out to reset it then you couldn't really test it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Pew!

I looked at the image again,

What it specifically says is that you save the game, then put the pokemon in the nursery

Then hatch eggs

If it works you reset the game and try again

So, what you do is save before you put either parent in and reset to a point when neither parent is in

Chrono.

I would be 100% ok with it, but the only question is (if he is in) how they're going to do Iori justice when they translate him from KOF style gameplay and mechanics to Street Fighter V's gameplay and mechanics.

• V-Trigger: Turns into Riot of the Blood Iori and has KOF style movement (hops, hyper hops, hyper jumps, etc) for a certain amount of time.
V-Reversal: KOF's Blowback mechanic?

But yeah, Iori in SF would be awkward if not done right.

D

Deleted member

V-Reversal: KOF's Blowback mechanic?

But yeah, Iori in SF would be awkward if not done right.

I don't think it's THAT hard TBH. It's not too different from other characters changing from one fighting game's mechanics to another. It's been done plenty of times before.

Also, we got Akuma in Tekken, mechanically, I'd say that's WAY riskier in terms of mechanics.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
tbh...for a Normal/Ghost Opossum I pictured something more along the lines of Darmanitan's Zen Mode which changes the Pokemon's form and adds the Ghost typing when it gets below half HP...the additional effect is like Red Card and forces the opponent to switch (or Run if they are wild, or nothing if the trainer only has one pokemon)....I feel like this fits the nature of the Opossum as its apparent death is a defense mechanism and they wouldn't always be playing dead....

The ability has to be called 'Playing Possum'

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
tbh...for a Normal/Ghost Opossum I pictured something more along the lines of Darmanitan's Zen Mode which changes the Pokemon's form and adds the Ghost typing when it gets below half HP...the additional effect is like Red Card and forces the opponent to switch (or Run if they are wild, or nothing if the trainer only has one pokemon)....I feel like this fits the nature of the Opossum as its apparent death is a defense mechanism and they wouldn't always be playing dead....

The ability has to be called 'Playing Possum'
That was the ability he thought up.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

ok

Pokemon Moon
animal Crossing New leaf
Profssor Layton vs Ace Attorney
Professor Layton and the Miricale mask
Link Between Worlds
Luigis Mansion Dark Moon
Bravely Default
Bravely Second
Super Mystery Dungeon

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
At this rate the Figma will come before the Amiibo.

It looks amazing tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom