• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

The thing is, Friendship leveling on Type: Null is a lot more challenging then other Pokemon that require Friendship. Because of that, I cannot find an easy way to level up its Friendship quickly as is; I'm not opposed to doing it on my own, but I need a method that makes it easy to level up its Friendship.
Soothe bell and massages.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
This video was really interesting.

TL;DW: It's basically a critique on how a lot of anime fans would rather things look on model than to be animated well, and how it was a bit disappointing to see fans crap on it just because it looked weird. On the flip side of things many Japanese animators have been praising the Sun/Moon series and calling it the best Pokemon has ever looked.
Yeah... S/M looks far better because it's not flat panels popping in and out of an image.

I'm still surprised that Game Freak allowed the animation studio that much freedom to mess with the character models.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

The thing is, Friendship leveling on Type: Null is a lot more challenging then other Pokemon that require Friendship. Because of that, I cannot find an easy way to level up its Friendship quickly as is; I'm not opposed to doing it on my own, but I need a method that makes it easy to level up its Friendship.
Those massages really make a difference. Make sure he is the first in your party when you ask for the massage and remember you only get one massage per day. Other than that, go win some battles with him.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The Soothe Bell does help, but I tend to combine it with a low leveled Pokemon for easy Friendship gaining. The problem is, Type:Null is at Level 40 or so when it is obtained, which does somewhat hinder the strategy.

As for massages, they can also help, but for Type:Null, I haven't seen a difference yet, unfortunately.

EDIT: Went up to the greater combo stage, so nvm. But it did take some time to get there.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

The Soothe Bell does help, but I tend to combine it with a low leveled Pokemon for easy Friendship gaining. The problem is, Type:Null is at Level 40 or so when it is obtained, which does somewhat hinder the strategy.

As for massages, they can also help, but for Type:Null, I haven't seen a difference yet, unfortunately.
If you haven't already, turn off Exp. Share.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields

EDIT: Went up to the greater combo stage, so nvm. But it did take some time to get there.
Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa or Tamato berries also help a lot to increase friendship

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Soothe Bell
Massages
Vitamins (if you got a lot of extra money buy a bunch of vitamins)
EV raising Berries (pretty much does the same as Vitamins)
Walking with them a lot
Levelling up (no fainting)
Isle ......the hot springs one at Poke Pelago (remember to remove it when it's done otherwise Happiness will decrease over time if you leave it too long)...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Honestly after 2 massages it evolved. If you do that and give it some levels with the soothe bell it should evolve.

Chrono.

Yeah... S/M looks far better because it's not flat panels popping in and out of an image.

I'm still surprised that Game Freak allowed the animation studio that much freedom to mess with the character models.
You should watch his other video on the XY anime, it's rather interesting as well.

But yeah, seems the anime is finally getting that jolt it needed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's probably a new power-up of sorts on the Switch Mario game. And hopefully it is because that sounds like a great power-up idea.

:094:
A powerup that makes the game a beat em up/hack and slash would be pretty fun actually.

Also: Pokemon Warriors
As long as humans and pokemon get into fights I'm down for it.

Although the story would be neat. Would the pokemon be in a massive free for all from trainers, or would it take place in a mystery dungeon like world?
These both sound pretty cool. I like the ideas behind them. I hope we learn more soon.
I just saw Komala's shiny why is only the log different?
We already went over this: The log is the REAL pokemon, the one in control. :p
I'd say that the log is just abused with no power to stop the Komala.

And you all think the log isn't a pokemon, but think about this:

Flabebe doesn't change flowers when shiny, yet they are a big part of his design.

So why would something that's not the pokemon change?

An alternate idea is that the log and Komala are both pokemon.

Where a shiny form of the log is grabbed instead.

It could be a shelder/slowbro type relationship, and justify the shiny change.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

TL;DW: It's basically a critique on how a lot of anime fans would rather things look on model than to be animated well, and how it was a bit disappointing to see fans crap on it just because it looked weird. On the flip side of things many Japanese animators have been praising the Sun/Moon series and calling it the best Pokemon has ever looked.
I just love how expressive it is

this image gives me life,everytime i see it

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Soothe Bell
Massages
Vitamins (if you got a lot of extra money buy a bunch of vitamins)
EV raising Berries (pretty much does the same as Vitamins)
Walking with them a lot
Levelling up (no fainting)
Isle ......the hot springs one at Poke Pelago (remember to remove it when it's done otherwise Happiness will decrease over time if you leave it too long)...
There's also the malasada shops but you need to check what flavor your Pokemon likes to boost it up more than the ones it's ok with and make sure it's not one it dislikes..

And I just got a 4iv normal ability rockruff in a beast ball with sp and thunder fang, and a Love ball normal ability Vulpix with egg moves

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
There's also the malasada shops but you need to check what flavor your Pokemon likes to boost it up more than the ones it's ok with and make sure it's not one it dislikes..

And I just got a 4iv normal ability rockruff in a beast ball with sp and thunder fang, and a Love ball normal ability Vulpix with egg moves
Malasada's raise affection I'm pretty sure...

I think Affection only slightly affects Happiness...but not as much as other methods...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Well Ive been doing Sooth bell and messages and berries

I think Affection only slightly affects Happiness...but not as much as other methods...
Affection dosent equal friendship

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

*Checks Serebii* oh I thought they did happiness.. it's weird seeing affection being raised outside of Refresh imo
But yeah Affection doesn't affect happiness

Burruni

Smash Hero
Legitimately
As soon as you harvest the friendship berries once; you're set.
Set 6 plants, wait 1 day with the pokebean boost, instant max afteer one harvest
It got my Type:Null set.

Chrono.

I really wish Silvally/Type Null would learn Nasty Plot.

Mine got an SpaAttack nature and it doesn't benefit as much as it does from an Attack nature.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Mine got an SpaAttack nature and it doesn't benefit as much as it does from an Attack nature.
My Type Null has a nature that doesn't affect any stat. I feel like this is for the best.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Teach it Heal Block and give it a Psychium-Z. You will have a one-time Nasty Plot as well as preventing the target from healing.

Stallbreaker Silvally
Silvally @Psychium-Z
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252HP/4 Def/252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Heal Block
- Tri-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Surf/Shadow Ball

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
A bit overdue, but I finally changed my avatar in light of the holiday season. Decided to wait on the avatar change until I got the main bulk of end-of-semester papers out of the way.

I'm sure all the Fate series fans will like my new avatar.

Saber is best waifu!

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've always felt Sean Malstrom let himself get a bit too worked up and had far too harsh of opinions on software, but I think he's finally pushed past what I can tolerate. His hatred of the BotW bird NPCs downspiraled into him saying that anime is the cause of Japanese infertility rates.

Perhaps SNES nostalgites really do have a bit further to drop if NES nostalgites can somehow get even more offended by "anime."

Granted, he did bring up an interview that showed that Aonuma apparently doesn't even like the first Zelda game and couldn't bring himself to play the older titles properly, which would be a bit. . .awkward of Nintendo to promote him to the series in that case, but just because Nintendo might do questionable things at times is no excuse to get incredibly toxic like he seems to.

Malstrom has an odd habit of making fun of "hardcore gamers" when those happen to be the group of individuals his attitude reminds me of the most. Upset at anything they don't want to understand to the point of lashing out, saying the later DLC characters being in Smash is a "betrayal" and then cooking up lists of Western made characters because "only Western things are good," going on about how this game and that game somehow killed their dog.

I suppose one can applaud him for at least elaborating instead of dropping one liners like most people who get too worked up, but there's only so much one can read before it becomes too much of a slog.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I will get Moon eventually.

Eventually as in Christmas.

I'll be ridiculously behind on everything by then but at least I'll finally have it. :p

In some other news of mine, in two more days I'll be off on a family Christmas vacation. As we usually do each year, it will be at Disneyland.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I will get Moon eventually.

Eventually as in Christmas.

I'll be ridiculously behind on everything by then but at least I'll finally have it. :p

In some other news of mine, in two more days I'll be off on a family Christmas vacation. As we usually do each year, it will be at Disneyland.
Say hi to ol' Hatty for me. :p Despite the fact that HMH is still going on I think.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Say hi to ol' Hatty for me. :p Despite the fact that HMH is still going on I think.
The Haunted Mansion Holiday runs through late September to very early Janurary, IIRC. It's pretty much the one event that goes on during both Halloween and Christmas times in the park.

And I will, because thankfully he's still there during the revamp. :p

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

I saw this a while ago, and pretty much agreed with everything they discussed. When the redesigns were first revealed everyone was freaking out and claiming it was due to budget cuts or the show getting lazier, and I think I agreed initially, although, I also never looked at Pokemon as some bastion of incredible animation (last Pokemon I properly watched was Diamond and Pearl), so to me it was basically "water is wet." But looking at it more, and watching that, no Pokemon really is pushing animation. Who cares if something isn't on-model 100% of the time if it creates infinitely more interesting animation?

Looking at the show now, it sorta reminds me of other anime like Gurren Lagann or Nichijou, animes that have simpler designs yet way more interesting animation when compared to the typical light novel adaption that focus on keeping the characters pretty at all times.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I saw this a while ago, and pretty much agreed with everything they discussed. When the redesigns were first revealed everyone was freaking out and claiming it was due to budget cuts or the show getting lazier, and I think I agreed initially, although, I also never looked at Pokemon as some bastion of incredible animation (last Pokemon I properly watched was Diamond and Pearl), so to me it was basically "water is wet." But looking at it more, and watching that, no Pokemon really is pushing animation. Who cares if something isn't on-model 100% of the time if it creates infinitely more interesting animation?

Looking at the show now, it sorta reminds me of other anime like Gurren Lagann or Nichijou, animes that have simpler designs yet way more interesting animation when compared to the typical light novel adaption that focus on keeping the characters pretty at all times.
I don't have much to say on anime animation quality as I don't pay attention to it that much, but I will say that whenever I see still art there seems to be a tendency for simpler or "shoddier" images to have more expression to them than ones that are trying their hardest to be pretty. With the question posed and thinking on it that would in fact extend to images in motion, so the fact that Gurren Lagann and the Sun and Moon anime have more life to them than many others seems to seems entirely natural.

Perhaps it's a matter of people simply being able to relax and imagine things better or more emotionally if they aren't bogged down with all the clinical details. I do know that despite none of my art really being up to par either way, it gets noticeably more lifeless the more I try to get every little detail perfect and I seem to have a bit of a Centipede's Dilemma when I actually try to clinically think through emotion and expression in such works.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only anime's I can keep coming back to and watching aren't new animes

Full Metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Dragon Ball...

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I don't have much to say on anime animation quality as I don't pay attention to it that much, but I will say that whenever I see still art there seems to be a tendency for simpler or "shoddier" images to have more expression to them than ones that are trying their hardest to be pretty. With the question posed and thinking on it that would in fact extend to images in motion, so the fact that Gurren Lagann and the Sun and Moon anime have more life to them than many others seems to seems entirely natural.

Perhaps it's a matter of people simply being able to relax and imagine things better or more emotionally if they aren't bogged down with all the clinical details. I do know that despite none of my art really being up to par either way, it gets noticeably more lifeless the more I try to get every little detail perfect and I seem to have a bit of a Centipede's Dilemma when I actually try to clinically think through emotion and expression in such works.
It's not a matter of more detail becomes more lifeless, more so that simplier designs are easier to animate in interesting ways. When you have to animate a ton of details it just gets messy over time unless the animators are extremely careful with what they do, but that requires more time and effort and when you're pressed for time, you're going to take as many short cuts as possible. It's part of the reason anime adapted from light novels tend to mostly be standing around and talking (although it's also because a lot of light novels in general are standing around talking). Light novel designs tend to be full of detail because the characters don't need to be animated, they're just static images. Course there's still a lot more to it than that. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a light novel adaption and even that's still handled incredibly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom