• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
There's plenty of series that could get the Dynasty Warriors treatment, but I don't think Mario would be one of them. Metroid, Castlevania and Fire Emblem come to mind. Mega Man and Street Fighter could also work given the crazy moves the characters have at their disposal.
Also: Pokemon Warriors

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I might consider Pokémon Warriors depending on who is playable but I would love Mario Warriors.

I'd probably skip Fire Emblem Warriors as I like FE for it's game mechanics and not it's characters

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I saw someone bring up Kid Icarus Warriors among their list of possible titles the last time this topic came up.

Although they also unfortunately brought up that Kid Icarus would probably be too obscure or have too uncertain of a future to be considered, which considering Star Fox was rejected is probably true.

That and I have a hard time imagining them milking a cast out of it as big as they did with Zelda anyway.

Darn the characters that I do imagine being feasible would be fun, though.

No really, think about it. There are some RIDICULOUS gimmicks you could get out of some of those characters.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I saw someone bring up Kid Icarus Warriors among their list of possible titles the last time this topic came up.

Although they also unfortunately brought up that Kid Icarus would probably be too obscure or have too uncertain of a future to be considered, which considering Star Fox was rejected is probably true.

That and I have a hard time imagining them milking a cast out of it as big as they did with Zelda anyway.

No really, think about it. There are some RIDICULOUS gimmicks you could get out of some of those characters.
I feel like all the characters that talk would be feasible haha. Even Pandora in her fiery form could work, maybe as one of those mousou super moves whatever they are called.
But yeah I don't see them including everyone, like Poseidon. Personally I'd love to play as the Chariot Master!
I'm pretty sure I said that last time :3

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They leaked the final episode of DiU, and here's a pic of Josuke VS Kira at the climax
Can't wait till Part V's [MAGENTA MIST], [INTERCOURSE RIFLES], [MALE HUMAN WHO RESIDES INSIDE REFLECTING SURFACES], [SPINNING ROCK], [NOTEWORTHY H.U.G.E] and [BRONZICA]
I was thinking it'd be funny if B.I.G was renamed Tupac.

Also, don't forget [YELLOW MOMENT] [SEASONING WOMAN] [RULER RED] and [ADHESIVE HANDS]

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Star Fox is primarily dogfights in space. While they did have games on land, it's hardly what people want or associate with the series, I think this is more the reason as to why the game got dropped. If they had vehicles but still used ground fighting, it'll just be another Assault situation and disappoint most people. Though I don't think Assault was all that bad. It didn't just re-treat the first game for the 5th time.

I feel like all the characters that talk would be feasible haha. Even Pandora in her fiery form could work, maybe as one of those mousou super moves whatever they are called.
But yeah I don't see them including everyone, like Poseidon. Personally I'd love to play as the Chariot Master!
I'm pretty sure I said that last time :3
Aaaaaye. If Chariot Master was playable, I would legit say **** the rest of the cast and the horses they DIDN'T ride in. That dude is sick.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was thinking it'd be funny if B.I.G was renamed Tupac.

Also, don't forget [YELLOW MOMENT] [SEASONING WOMAN] [RULER RED] and [ADHESIVE HANDS]
I didn't make those because the ones I listed don't have non copyright infringing names yet, ASB and EoH gave us Golden Wind (Which is clever), Spice Lady, Emperor Crimson (Also clever) and Zipperman, Oh, and Lil' Bomber. Don't actually remember if they changed Purple Haze but Magenta Mist sounded funny.
Oh, and [GRUMPY TURQUOISE] would be neat

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
parden my ignorence, but what all the hype about Waluigi about?
1. He's a meme character.
2. He's an underdog rival of an underdog.
3. He does crotch chops.
4. He's a complete scumbag.
5. He pulls out roses like Tuxedo Mask
6. He's Purple.
7. He's got the most evil mustache.
8. He's untapped potential in many spin-offs that he hasn't been put into.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
parden my ignorence, but what all the hype about Waluigi about?
The moment I saw WAAH in Mario Tennis, I could never get enough of him.

I don't know about everyone else, buy my love for Wario & Γuigi is mostly because of their personalities: Goofballs, intentionally bad role models, and big egos, all of which done in a humorous/entertaining way.

They also somewhat reminds me of some Hanna-Barbera and Looney Toons bad guys that I watched a lot in my childhood.

Also, what Knight Dude Knight Dude said.

Last edited:

Chrono.

3. He does crotch chops.
6. He's Purple.
I don't think Tuxedo Mask is a flattering comparison.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I didn't make those because the ones I listed don't have non copyright infringing names yet, ASB and EoH gave us Golden Wind (Which is clever), Spice Lady, Emperor Crimson (Also clever) and Zipperman, Oh, and Lil' Bomber. Don't actually remember if they changed Purple Haze but Magenta Mist sounded funny.
Oh, and [GRUMPY TURQUOISE] would be neat
I still perfer Ruler Red. I'm aware of the name changes though, except for Spice Lady.

Still, can't wait for ORB OBLITERATER and TOOTH vs Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price.

D

Deleted member

One week late to Ep5 of RWBY Vol.4
"I've seen her in action, she's got some pretty great moves"
"What do you mean by that?"

OH GEEZ THE TOTALLY NOT OBVIOUSLY EVIL WHITE FANG MEMBERS ARE ACTUALLY EVIL WHO WOULD'VE GUESSED AMIRITE

Can we get plot now? Cause I feel like only Team RNJR has given me it
I don't care about Punished Yang and Weiss's daddy issues
Furry bait's subplot has started to get interesting tho
I feel like you don't know what an underdog is, because Waluigi is definitely not one

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

OH GEEZ THE TOTALLY NOT OBVIOUSLY EVIL WHITE FANG MEMBERS ARE ACTUALLY EVIL WHO WOULD'VE GUESSED AMIRITE

I feel like you don't know what an underdog is, because Waluigi is definitely not one
Well, I was under the impression that we were all rooting for him. And he's certainly underplayed compared to Wario.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Waluigi is the underdog in universe, just like Luigi. In terms of popularity within the fandam, there's a huge difference
ORB OBLITERATER
This ****ing cracked me up

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Waluigi is well loved because he's generally seen as a funny lovable villain (or anti-hero if we want to get technical). He's like the guy who strives to be **** Dastardly one day.

Also, he's generally seen as less annoying than Daisy. It's Waluigi Time indeed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question, would you support Waluigi if Brawl in the Family didn't exist?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Shiggy has teased a Mario Samurai game.

Very interesting, tho how about a Takamaru game amirite folks :p
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/12/10/speculation-flies-as-miyamoto-teases-a-mario-samurai-game/

Probbaly some level / world in the next Mario for the switch. Guessing Mario is going sightseeing.
This. Please do so Kamiya. *blocked*

Hell, I didn't read a single Brawl in the Family comic to this day.

And I still can't get enough of that Purple Pervert. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Well, I was under the impression that we were all rooting for him. And he's certainly underplayed compared to Wario.
Waluigi is the underdog in universe, just like Luigi. In terms of popularity within the fandam, there's a huge difference

This ****ing cracked me up
Waluigi isn't an Underdog
He has some characteristics of Loser Protagonist but he isn't a victim of injustice or the expected loser that ends up winning
And those that root for him do it for the wrong reasons because he doesn't have the symptathetic characteristics of an underdog, which are basicalky "weak but humble"
filthy acts at a reasonable price
mfw the localised name is much better than the original
You have been missing out. BitF is easily the best Nintendo related webcomic out there
Pokemon Hard-Mode and Awkward Zombie say hi

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
3. He does crotch chops.
6. He's Purple.
Plus everybody cheats but him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Waluigi isn't an Underdog
He has some characteristics of Loser Protagonist but he isn't a victim of injustice or the expected loser that ends up winning
And those that root for him do it for the wrong reasons because he doesn't have the symptathetic characteristics of an underdog, which are basicalky "weak but humble"

mfw the localised name is much better than the original

Pokemon Hard-Mode and Awkward Zombie say hi
You mean you don't feel sorry for Waluigi when literally everyone cheats other than him? You're a heartless *******
DAMMIT NEON YOU ADORABLE JOKE STEALER

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
parden my ignorence, but whats all the hype about Waluigi about? I dont understand
The internet transformed him from a generic evil clone to someone who can be added to any situation for additional humour.

He's kinda like a Touhou character, really. A character with a very barebones personality in official works who was reinterpreted by the fans and everyone including Nintendo accepted it because it was just so much better. :p

Probably not. It was that comic that made me like him and stop dismissing him. The numerous memes it spawned really endeared me to him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom