• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want a system like that too actually. Finally, I can take all those useless hatchlings and sacrifice them in favor of the chosen one.

But how could we implement that in Pokémon without it being literal sacrifice? I mean I could brainstorm some ideas but in the end, they're pretty questionable.

Like for instance, maybe there is a "Releasing Service" instead of the regular release system that, when you release a Pokémon, you get a Poké Candy used for making a Pokémon of its own kind stronger, such as leveling, etc..
"Send Pokemon out to pasture"

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh yeah, weather.

Well, as long as you aren't against a sandstorm team, or against poison or burn, you are immortal
Or give it goggles to resist weather and powder moves to cover even more weaknesses.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Did my Merry Squidmas post get put on some kind of promotional list? It went mostly quiet for a while and now it's suddenly spiking in Yeahs. 18. . .19. . .20. . .*looks at Gamepad*. . .23. . .

Even when I was in the middle of absurd pre-Smash mass posting prior to the redesign my posts rarely if ever did that well.

. . .26. . .

Holy crud if this isn't a record for me it's gotta be pretty close.

. . .27. . .

*EDIT*

. . .35. . .37. . .38. . .39. . .41. . .44. . .46. . .

Guys, I think I'm Squidernet famous.

. . .48. . .49. . .50. . .52. . .53. . .56. . .58. . .60. . .61. . .63. . .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm free now... for approximately 19 hours
Anyways, I've been watching Bojack Horseman recently and it's actually quite good
Bojack himself is clearly a deconstruction of the "idiot asshole comedy protagonist" trope aka the most infuriating part of any Seth MacFarlane show.
He IS an asshole but it's shown how miserable of a life someone like that would take.
And then Mabel's VA voices a character in the show and oh god the contrast between the two characters is so big
Buzzwole (Adamant/Jolly) & Xurkitree (2 Modest) were the hardest to get good natures for myself. I got lucky with Kartana (4 Jollys).

If it makes things easier, use a Repel to guarantee that you only run into the beast you're looking for rather than "insert random wild Pokemon."
I've been doing that
Unfortunately, all of the Pokemon on my team currently are either Lv66-67 or too underleveled
Not like Type: Null can't go against a Celesteela itself at Lv47
You know, despite the setbacks, Salazzle is still a really cool Pokémon. I would still use it for Toxic punishments. Its Shiny variant is gorgeous too. Wouldn't mind hatching eggs for a Timid shiny female Salandit.

Of course my luck withstanding it'll be perfect IV shiny MALE. Guaranteed.
Little Cup is there I guess
I can't believe I never thought of that, lol

Hacked Sturdy Shedinja
Say hello to binding moves and Mold Breaker

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Oh yeah, weather.

Well, as long as you aren't against a sandstorm team, or against poison or burn, you are immortal
Don't forget Mold Breaker/Teravolt/Terablaze and Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet.

Episode is out!
Very late on this, but I wanted to share some thoughts:

I'll give this one credit: It actually does something I really wished the games did, and that is actually showcase an element of Lysandre instead of just telling us that's the way he is. In this case, they shown us that Lysandre was publically pretty charismatic, he was generous, and he was a good public speaker. He knows how to put on a good public image and he does seem like someone people would grow to trust, which helps his story a bit and makes him more realistic then his XY counterpart, which had such a disconnect between what's told and what's shown that it was jarring.

But that brings me to my next point: I really have to question why they then go back to one of his biggest issues in the game with after that particular improvement. As soon as the Champion comes into the picture, he goes back to being suspicious and unsubtle with his desire to 'keep the world beautiful' and Diantha barely reacts to the line, and it's strange because they actually were doing a decent job up to this point in keeping that aspect of himself out of the picture or subtle at worst. Granted, it's not as bad as Sycamore saying "how passionate" to his clearly genocidal rant, but it's still rather baffling that such a comment would go by unnoticed. I think they should've tweaked those lines a bit as I feel it would've led to a bit more consistency, and it would've made the episode a bit stronger and preserve the 'outwardly well-meaning man with subtle dark intentions' angle better.

Despite that flaw though, at least this one tries to help develop XY's poorly structured story and lore and give a bit of depth to its villain. There are a couple missed opportunities here that would've also helped such as showcasing why Lysandre became disillusioned with the world (which the games never do) and how the hell they got their hands on Yveltal (and Xerneas), but they can't do everything in five minutes at best. So for what it is, at least I'll give it that point.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
LOL the latest person who liked my post is named Splat Timm.

Only for Squidtendo 64, I'm assuming. Because that was the 64th-

OK it's 70 now. Son of an octopus, I'm not even sure how this happened. I have literally never had a Miiverse post get even half this popular before.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Niiiice, Namco are collaborating with NJPW so King got a costume based on current champion Kazuchika Okada.

Saw that earlier. Gotta say, it's a pretty clean costume. Glad to see King gets something extra for once. He was always one of my favorite Tekken characters.

Also, Kuma and Panda are back. I think they were made to be a lot more unique from one another.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Pretty sure some people play it
I mean, there's probably a thread somewhere in Smogon forumsfor the purpose of finding other LC players
Yeah people do play it but mostly on PO and Showdown. :4megaman:

Again- nobody plays LC on console. And if they do- there's too few players to bother with. Least from my past experiences in early XY days.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I listened to Calling To The Night, since I didn't hear this song since some time.
And now, I feel like I want to cry.
Plus, it remind me that this music was in Brawl. And that Brawl was what introduce me to Metal Gear.
Now, I am going soon to play the series for the first time.
But still...the fact that, Snake never made it back into Smash 4. Not even having some sort of reference in the game or the MG series. (There is that one time where in a Nintendo Direct, where Sakurai mentionned Snake in the Kid Icarus "Codec" moment. But I don't count as a really reference)
To think that, years has passed since I discovered this fabulous franchise. And now, I will finally be able play it by myself.
Just....
I'm sorry if I sound melodramatic or exaggarating, but Brawl -and the Wii too- was one of the first game I ever have and played in my life. I remember all those moment I have. All those amazing franchise I discovered. Back I was having so many problem due to my dyspraxie and my earing. So young, so naive yet so happy. And now, I see how much time have passed, I.....

Just....Thank you, Sakurai, thank you Nintendo and most important of all...
Thank you Kojima.

D

Deleted member

Does mold breaker prevent wishiwashi from schooling?
Mold Breaker ignores abilities that would affect the user's attack(immunities, resistances, side effects from contact, etc)
Schooling does not affect those
Actually, since Schooling ACTIVATES School form, removing it or suppressing(which I believe aren't possible) would revert it to Solo form, in theory
oh I meant tonight on toonami
Eww who watches Toonami
Yeah people do play it but mostly on PO and Showdown. :4megaman:

Again- nobody plays LC on console. And if they do- there's too few players to bother with. Least from my past experiences in early XY days.
That's what I meant...

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
YES

Mario Warriors!

I love Hyrule Warriors and I'm probably going to buy it twice through the likely Switch port and I love the Mario series so I want this to happen soooooo badly

EDIT: Oh, it's "Samurai Mario" huh?
Pretty flippin sure it's about Super Mario Switch being cultural boogaloo (hopefully they'll tie it back to Super Mario Land's eastern culture boogaloo)

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm. . .I'm pretty sure it stopped now. Maybe.

I'd just like to take a moment to. . .reflect on what happened.

It makes the drawings before and after it in my post history look pretty awful by comparison, but still man.

It settled down at 85 Yeahs.

All I did was just look at everyone else's Merry Squidmas posts and decide on a whim I wanted to do something like that too. It gets a few Yeahs, I figure it's done, I make a couple of far cruddier posts for fun, and then an hour later. . .WHOOSH.

*EDIT* . . .86. I guess it has a little life to wheeze out of it yet. . . .(87). . .(88). . .

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's plenty of series that could get the Dynasty Warriors treatment, but I don't think Mario would be one of them. Metroid, Castlevania and Fire Emblem come to mind. Mega Man and Street Fighter could also work given the crazy moves the characters have at their disposal.

D

Deleted member

I'm not understanding the point in suggesting PO and Showdown. I was talking about the actual game- not those sims. Unless you mean going there to ask for physical LC battles in which case why bother?
I have no idea what PO is and I never even mentioned Showdown
And of course I mean asking for physical battles, why would you look for people to play it on Showdown when it does that for you

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They leaked the final episode of DiU, and here's a pic of Josuke VS Kira at the climax
Can't wait till Part V's [MAGENTA MIST], [INTERCOURSE RIFLES], [MALE HUMAN WHO RESIDES INSIDE REFLECTING SURFACES], [SPINNING ROCK], [NOTEWORTHY H.U.G.E] and [BRONZICA]

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Eww who watches Toonami
Well I do, recently they had some good stuff like Michiko and Hatchin, which I have to rewatch
Are they at Part 2 yet? It's frustrating knowing that the first 2 parts are fully dubbed but not televised so Toonami needs to air the first parts, meaning 27 episodes until Part 3's dub finally gets going
They just recently started showing the 1st dub. They are still on season 1

Last edited:

Chrono.

So this is a neat touch.

They actually made separate models for the generic trainers who do and don't have Z-Rings.

Though not ALL of the generic trainers have them, just Ace Trainers, Youngsters, Black Belts, Veterans, PokeManiacs and Trial Guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom