• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Literally just realized that this is X's debut in Marvel vs. Capcom. :054:

Not counting that stupid ass alternate for Zero in UMvC3.:005:

And my team right now would have to be Captain Marvel and Ryu. Or X and Morrigan. Or Captain America and Iron Man.:013:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I didn't watch the video, but somehow my TV Tropes viewing lead to me reading a bunch of timeline stuff myself.

I will say this about the timelines: There's an assumption that there's only two timelines, one without Mega Evolution and one with.

I think that fails to take into account something specific from the games, and a detail that has been tossed around by NPCs since a generation before Mega Evolution was even implemented.

There was an NPC in BW commenting about the opposite version being an alternate reality.

Some might try to argue that anything pre Mega-timeline "doesn't count," but it's actually reinforced in Sun and Moon.

You actually travel to the opposite version's timeline in Pokemon Sun and Moon in order to obtain a Cosmog.

There are not just two timelines bouncing around with a butterfly effect, oh no!

This shows that at bare minimum, there are at LEAST four. Two for each individual version, one each in and out of the Mega Evolution timeline. But wait, that doesn't account for third versions in some regions! So that's five. . .right?

I have a proposal to make.

Every single individual version of every single Pokemon game is it's own timeline.

All of them.

Every difference between evil teams' actions, every misplaced legendary, every altered chain of events and selection of areas in remakes, every bizarre continuity mess. Each one occurs because each and every single game takes place in it's own universe. That isn't to say that the events of the other games didn't happen, indeed, every single games events in the timeline DID happen. . .in some fashion. Each individual timeline has subtle differences in what happened with the important details remaining the same. The Mega Evolution change was simply the most drastic of these changes yet.

This also puts that conspiracy theory bouncing around -which I'd argue is far less supported by the narrative than the mass Infinite Universe Theory- into a slightly different light.

IF -and that's a big if- UBs did attack an entire universe rather than simply a specific area being targeted or even an entirely unrelated threat happening to occur at the same time as a wormhole opened up, this opens up a whole new possibility.

The old universes as we know them were in fact completely unaffected, or at least there exist unaffected versions. The universe Anabel fell from ITSELF is yet another timeline that occurred subtly differently than the original RSE universes. It was simply far more similar to it than the ORAS universe due to lacking Mega Evolution, with the splitting point between the RSE universes and it possibly being whether or not portals opened up in the first place.

And considering every other game ALSO hypothetically takes place in it's own individual timeline and HGSS in particular had Kyogre and Groudon somewhere else entirely. . .

So THIS is how I'm starting to see the Pokemon universe. 24-26 individual timelines, give or take B2W2 since they're direct sequels and excluding spinoffs and as of yet unannounced games that would undoubtedly inflate the number even further, all flowering from a series of butterfly effects from various usually unknown circumstances.

That is one HECK of a way to deal with noticeable contradictions between games if I'm correct on this.

But here's the really fun question:

Is it just going through an Ultra Wormhole that makes you a Faller, or does EVERY wormhole work like that?

And going into things unlikely to ever be proven now, Pokemon isn't the only Nintendo series that has started to use Infinite Universe Theory on a large scale. Are there universes where Fire Emblem characters have become Fallers in the Pokemon world? Or where the Fire Emblem universe was attacked by Ultra Beasts?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Literally just realized that this is C's debut in Marvel vs. Capcom. :054:

Not counting that stupid *** alternate for Zero in UMvC3.:005:

And my team right now would have to be Captain Marvel and Ryu. Or X and Morrigan. Or Captain America and Iron Man.:013:
That C guy really needed his time to shine. ;)
In all seriousness I'm glad he's actually in a fighting game now. I really want to see more of him, the trailers just didn't show much in the way of moves and combos.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone tried using Minior?

I just caught an adamant one and curious if anyone has any luck with it

Wanna try a Shell Smash variant

Stone Edge, Earthquake, Acrobatics, Shell Smash. Some consumable item

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

I'll be giving it a go in my next run through.

Pretty much the set I'll be using, although I'll be going with Power Gem over Stone Edge.

I feel like having Explosion on it wouldn't be bad either - especially if you somehow cling on to HP when it is low.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Mine kept getting ****** over due to it's absolutely ****ty defence in both nature and IVs. It's still a good mon though

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Y'know, I wonder why Blastoise can't learn Shell Smash. Plenty of the other turtle pokemon can

He should at least get it through breeding

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, I'd like for Shell Smash to be a part of Blastoise's movepool. Combined with its Mega Evolution, Blastoise would finally be on par with the other two starters' Mega Evolutions.

D

Deleted member

I didn't watch the video, but somehow my TV Tropes viewing lead to me reading a bunch of timeline stuff myself.
I'm gonna stop you right there and tell you someone has been spreading misinformation around
Everyone who did the postgame quests has seen no mention of UBs destroying the original timeline

They also think Acerola is
The youngest E4 member
When it could actually be the opposite as SHE'S THE DAUGHTER OF THE ****ING KING FROM CENTURIES AGO
I will say this about the timelines: There's an assumption that there's only two timelines, one without Mega Evolution and one with.

I think that fails to take into account something specific from the games, and a detail that has been tossed around by NPCs since a generation before Mega Evolution was even implemented.

There was an NPC in BW commenting about the opposite version being an alternate reality.
There are only two MAIN timelines
Taking into account every variable from each different version(and how to combine them) creates too many variables, but those are small differemces inside the Mega or Non-Mega timelines

Also the fact Platinum has to be taken as the only possible variant of Sinnoh for it to be compatible with the Unova games due to Cynthia's dialogue in BW not being possible in the case of DP(she mentions Giratina and the Distortion World)
Some might try to argue that anything pre Mega-timeline "doesn't count," but it's actually reinforced in Sun and Moon.

You actually travel to the opposite version's timeline in Pokemon Sun and Moon in order to obtain a Cosmog.

There are not just two timelines bouncing around with a butterfly effect, oh no!

This shows that at bare minimum, there are at LEAST four. Two for each individual version, one each in and out of the Mega Evolution timeline. But wait, that doesn't account for third versions in some regions! So that's five. . .right?

I have a proposal to make.

Every single individual version of every single Pokemon game is it's own timeline.

All of them.

Every difference between evil teams' actions, every misplaced legendary, every altered chain of events and selection of areas in remakes, every bizarre continuity mess. Each one occurs because each and every single game takes place in it's own universe. That isn't to say that the events of the other games didn't happen, indeed, every single games events in the timeline DID happen. . .in some fashion. Each individual timeline has subtle differences in what happened with the important details remaining the same. The Mega Evolution change was simply the most drastic of these changes yet.
Already addressed this

This also puts that conspiracy theory bouncing around -which I'd argue is far less supported by the narrative than the mass Infinite Universe Theory- into a slightly different light.

IF -and that's a big if- UBs did attack an entire universe rather than simply a specific area being targeted or even an entirely unrelated threat happening to occur at the same time as a wormhole opened up, this opens up a whole new possibility.

The old universes as we know them were in fact completely unaffected, or at least there exist unaffected versions. The universe Anabel fell from ITSELF is yet another timeline that occurred subtly differently than the original RSE universes. It was simply far more similar to it than the ORAS universe due to lacking Mega Evolution, with the splitting point between the RSE universes and it possibly being whether or not portals opened up in the first place.

And considering every other game ALSO hypothetically takes place in it's own individual timeline and HGSS in particular had Kyogre and Groudon somewhere else entirely. . .

So THIS is how I'm starting to see the Pokemon universe. 24-26 individual timelines, give or take B2W2 since they're direct sequels and excluding spinoffs and as of yet unannounced games that would undoubtedly inflate the number even further, all flowering from a series of butterfly effects from various usually unknown circumstances.

That is one HECK of a way to deal with noticeable contradictions between games if I'm correct on this.
As I said, it's too complicated to take every game version as its separate timeline
Technically they are, but the differences are too small to really consider them as separate as the Mega timeline in which whole events(the Kalos war and the Megas themselves) are completely different and noticeable, with Hoenn being very different from its non-Mega counterpart

Also, Anabelle is the one from THE RSE, for all intents and purposes, we should only taken into account one timeline for each game, because I don't want to deal with starter choices and similars
But here's the really fun question:

Is it just going through an Ultra Wormhole that makes you a Faller, or does EVERY wormhole work like that?

And going into things unlikely to ever be proven now, Pokemon isn't the only Nintendo series that has started to use Infinite Universe Theory on a large scale. Are there universes where Fire Emblem characters have become Fallers in the Pokemon world? Or where the Fire Emblem universe was attacked by Ultra Beasts?
Alright, let's not mix series like this
Timelines are something, dimensions are other and universes are something completely different, especially when talking about game universes, which are usually ignored by others because interaction between them outside of crossovers is screwy

Just throwing my two cents because Pokemon Timeline discussions are fun but **** up my mind at the same time

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I love the smell of Kentucky Fried Rowlett in the morning. :troll:

Sun is a pretty fun game so far, long intro aside.

D

Deleted member

Apparently, Pelliper is th tenth most used Pokemon in Showdown
All it needed was Drizzle and now it's ****ing everywhere, it did get some stat boosts but that was just the icong on the cake

Btw, which Pokemon can pass Defog to Fomantis? I need some hazard control in my team

D

Deleted member

You think that's bad? Marowak is on pretty much every team these days
Not as much in Showdown from my experience but everyone that challenges Shofu in his videos had one until now
But it's more because of its typing which completely counters Tapu Koko when paired with its previously useless ability and coocoo is also ****ing everywhere
Too bad A-Marowak suck ingame so much compared to competitive play because it looks so ****ing cool

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You think that's bad? Marowak is on pretty much every team these days
Thats not surprising. A-Marowak's typing in combination with Lightningrod grants it a plethora of resistances- Fire, Grass, Bug, Ice, Fairy, Poison, and Steel- and immunities- Normal, Fighting, Electric, allowing to effectively check some of OU's most dangerous threats, like Pheromosa, Genesect, Tapu Koko, Xurkitree, Kartana Mega Mawile, and others.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
PSA: The site is on fire again. Please hold on and don't upload avatars or images until WarChamp7 fixes it. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

WSHB XAARGHLA A RK
I ACCIDENTALLY FOUGHT A TRAINER IN SEAFOLK'S POKEMON CENTER
HE HAS A ****ING SHINY
WHAT THE ****
The best part is the 6 Nuggets he gives after you defeat him
One by one
With the animation, text and sound playing in every single one of them

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
>Source Gaming uploads Super Mario series representation prediction on YT
>No article on the site that accompanies it
>Now I can't set up a civil debate about Nabbit and Daisy (read: post moveset ideas to show the team they both have tremendous potential)
>Feels bad man

PushDustIn PushDustIn pls fix
http://sourcegaming.info/2016/12/03/character-corner-super-mario-1/
http://sourcegaming.info/2016/12/04/character-corner-super-mario-2/
The articles came out slightly later, but they are there!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay. So it's ALWAYS shiny. I thought I got ****** over like people who have the professor show a shiny in the first cutscene. I would have screamed if my first shiny was one I can't catch
Now that you say this, I'm actually curious... Can Totem Pokemon be shiny?

D

Deleted member

Now that you say this, I'm actually curious... Can Totem Pokemon be shiny?
I don't think there were slots for them in the pokedex datamining(the Totem were the empty black images next to the normal Pokemon, don't think they had one for the shiny, only for the normal coloration)

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Oh help, a shiny Fletchling came to visit me in Poké Pelago. How do I get it to stay?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
All of my totems are shiny. ^_^
But you're naaaaaaauuuughty, that's not supposed to happen, cheating is illegal!
I'll postpone my request to copy a 6IV Ditto and my future request of cloning gold bottle caps until people forget I criticized you for being naughty :p
Oh help, a shiny Fletchling came to visit me in Poké Pelago. How do I get it to stay?
It's luck based iirc

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've had my Christmas avatar for months now. /bragging

But FalKoopa FalKoopa 's avatar looks perfect for a crisis.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Burruni Burruni @Champ Black @shinpichu

At this point, the Splatoon similarities are waaaaaay too deep with Peach Beach Splash thanks to today's news.

The new characters are obviously paper thin disguises of Rin and Kiriya respectively just like the Squid Sister's roles as Agent 1 & 2 in Splatoon's story mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom