• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Man, I really hate the word "Overrated" especially when it's used in lieu of "Game I don't like."
What's really odd is when people use the term on games and characters that are divisive and generally trashed by a lot of people.

At that point I get kind of baffled.

With the Switch's rumored launch lineup i'm almost tempted to buy a PS4 (regular version) over the Switch.

Hardly anything about Nintendo is impressive nowadays IMO.
I'm kind of the opposite. I can't bring myself to follow Sony news because I haven't seen any real eye catchers out of the corner of my eye, meanwhile the Switch's rumored year one launch lineup looks like it's going to try to destroy my pockets.

Launch itself maybe not so much, but that bundle rumor is definitely gonna be something for me. I guess liking squids is the difference.

Woomy.

. . .Maybe a lot of the games aren't outright impressive since most of it seems like stuff that's just going to be updated nicely, but BotW at least impressed me enough to get me to actually pay attention to Zelda enough to be about ready to throw the contents of my wallet at it. It could be my actually sitting down and watching it, but most of the features that impress me seem to be completely new to the series, so I'm leaning towards BotW itself being the magic.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Marvel VS. Capcom 4 looks awesome.

Another reason to pick up a PS4. (R.I.P the Nintendo Switch dream).

Start making guesses.

Going to guess the first unknown is Q (thank you), the Sagat, Hakan, ?, and Young Blanka.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I find it hilarious that, admist all the no X-Men rumors, the first character they show for MvCI is Megaman X.
I keep playing DMX music in my head everytime I look at the trailer. Now show me Spider-Man, that's my other *****.

I wonder what his weapons are gonna be. Obviously he'll have the X-Buster. But I hope he'll get cool choices for his moves. Speed Burner/Nova Strike, Frost Tower, Homing Torpedo, Chameleon Sting/Twin Slasher, Tornado Fang, Storm Tornado, Melt Creeper.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Mahvel Infinite confirmed and for Xbone? Noice. Just please PLEASE don't pull an Ultimate Marvel vs. Cacpom Infinite like they did with 3.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now for my MvCI predictions round two.

Confirmed for Marvel:
Iron Man
Captain Marvel

Confirmed for Capcom:
Ryu
X

Borderline Guaranteed for Marvel:
Captain America
Spider-Man
Black Widow
Thor
Hulk
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
At least someone from Guardians (going with Star-Lord here)

Borderline Guarantee for Capcom:
Chun-Li
A Resident Evil character (going with Chris here)
Morrigan
Frank West
At least someone from Monster Hunter (Felyne?)
Dante

Up in the air for Marvel:
Hawkeye (sadly I can see him getting the short end of the stick and be a support for Widow instead)
Ant-Man (like Hawkeye, I can see him getting skipped over, as much as I want him in)
Any other Guardian (low roster space)
Heroes without their own film (folks like Vision, Winter Soldier, Scarlet Witch, and Falcon)
Non-MCU, Non-Fox characters (like Nova, Ms. Marvel, She Hulk, etc)
Loki

Up in the air for Capcom:
Bison or Akuma
A SFV newcomer (Rashid?)
Additional RE characters
Phoenix Wright
Arthur
Zero

Just my current thoughts. Maybe Thanos/Akuma could be the final boss?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
What's really odd is when people use the term on games and characters that are divisive and generally trashed by a lot of people.

At that point I get kind of baffled.
My issue is that it always comes off as "I don't like that a ton of people like this game" which is really shallow in my opinion. Does it really bother you that others are entertained by something you're not (or in other cases find it way more entertaining)? If it's something harmful, I get it, but it's video games.

D

Deleted member

Crash N. Sane Collection looks like a solid remake with some neat improvements (time trials in Crash 1 and 2, a proper saving system in the former, etc.), though I do agree with @Champ Black that the graphics look washed out. I also feel like some of the atmosphere in Crash 1 is lost, though I honestly expected that.

Also X in MvC Infinite hype!

Ivander

Smash Legend
I keep playing DMX music in my head everytime I look at the trailer. Now show me Spider-Man, that's my other *****.

I wonder what his weapons are gonna be. Obviously he'll have the X-Buster. But I hope he'll get cool choices for his moves. Speed Burner/Nova Strike, Frost Tower, Homing Torpedo, Chameleon Sting/Twin Slasher, Tornado Fang, Storm Tornado, Melt Creeper.
I just wonder how they are going to do X in general. Are they going to make him like Vs. Capcom Megaman and Volnett with the switch-between weapons? Or after Megaman's positive reception in Smash, are they going to take the Smash route with X and have him use multiple boss weapons on the fly?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Akuma's reveal trailer for Street Fighter V has been posted.

He sure grew out those sideburns and his beard (without the 'stache) to the extreme.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
At the end of the MvC trailer I'm pretty sure that's a combination of Sigma and Ultron
The Blue eyes really fit Sigma's whilst the head look's somewhat like Ultron's.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just bring back Rocket Raccoon and the game is good.

Maybe then, I'll have an excuse to knock those COD addicted brothers of mines off and play the damn console for once.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also the UMvC3 rerelease is coming out on the non-PS4 systems in March.

Uh. . .

I'm wondering whether this is coincidence or an NDA.

Whatever happens with Infinite, there's pretty much nothing stopping UMvC3 from coming out on the Switch except whether or not Capcom feels like it since it's a PS3-level game.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So overjoyed about Mahvel-reveal today, I've been dying to see UMVC3 ported sometime in the future, and the new game already

gives a nice sum of promise with the character choices. Though I hope they don't pull off another SFxTekken, but we'll see.

And I thought I wouldn't have lost myself on the Crash-trailer, but it's really, REALLY looking good!

And then we have Parappa, Locoroco + Patapon getting remasters apparently, that Neogeo-remake I can't remember the name off...

We're in a for quite a ride...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I...I actually think Capcom's realized people love Mega Man if true
I somehow completely missed this in the trailer.

Holy ****.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So I heard that Ys Origin is coming to PSV/4?

Neat, I guess. Thought I already have it on Steam so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
OK, well no X-Men in the trainer but I'm still pretty confident about at least Wolverine and Deadpool being in. I don't figure they would make that big of a deal for this game considering they added them in their other recent games as well. BUT HOLY ****ING **** IT'S MAHVEL YO!!!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just wonder how they are going to do X in general. Are they going to make him like Vs. Capcom Megaman and Volnett with the switch-between weapons? Or after Megaman's positive reception in Smash, are they going to take the Smash route with X and have him use multiple boss weapons on the fly?
I seriously hope it's on the fly. Stance changes were okay with Volnutt and Ammy. But making his moveset as easy to use like Mega Man's Smash moveset would be ideal. I mean, I know it isn't a fighter, but Project X Zone has a good idea with how I feel his moves could sorta kind of work. Maybe.

I hope he has sick normals too.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I...I actually think Capcom's realized people love Mega Man if true
He's the true platformer hero.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Also the UMvC3 rerelease is coming out on the non-PS4 systems in March.

Uh. . .

I'm wondering whether this is coincidence or an NDA.

Whatever happens with Infinite, there's pretty much nothing stopping UMvC3 from coming out on the Switch except whether or not Capcom feels like it since it's a PS3-level game.
Aside from the fact that it's probably not worth the effort

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
HOLY ****!

X IS IN MARVEL
CAPTAIN MARVEL IS IN MARVEL
MARVEL 4 IS REAL
AKUMA LOOKS HYPE AS ****
CRASH IS BACK AND LOOKS AMAZING
UMVC3 WILL BE BOUGHT BY ME AGAIN!

I'M GLAD I HAVE BOTH A WII U AND PS4 I GET ALL THE BEST STUFF!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here's a fun question for all you that just crossed my mind:

Who is a character you love/like in Smash but hate/dislike in the home game they are from, or vice versa?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Who is a character you love in Smash but hate in the home game they are from, or vice versa?
Corrin.

I would love to go on a rant about everything wrong with his Conquest characterization, but you can already tell what I'm going to say.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
My issue is that it always comes off as "I don't like that a ton of people like this game" which is really shallow in my opinion. Does it really bother you that others are entertained by something you're not (or in other cases find it way more entertaining)? If it's something harmful, I get it, but it's video games.
I guess some hipsters just get really bothered by other people not being hipsters. . .despite the fact that if everyone was a hipster that would invalidate the purpose of being a hipster.

That and a lot of people seem to think that others having different tastes than them is somehow disturbing, sometimes for no reason whatsoever and other times because they feel like blaming the antics of a handful of fans on the entire fandom.

I wish people would just let each other like things, too.

Aside from the fact that it's probably not worth the effort
Yeaaaaah, that is a bit of a problem. Third parties do tend to see Nintendo as not worth the effort.

Still, March is an interesting date for multiplat ports, and Nintendo has apparently been buttering up third parties quite a bit behind the scenes. There's a pretty good chance it won't happen, but it's also possible somebody tried to sell them on portable Marvel Vs Capcom since that kind of situation apparently won over some other companies and said companies are currently under NDA on things that were full on shown. I give it a coin flip. January could be interesting.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Who is a character you love in Smash but hate in the home game they are from, or vice versa?
Hate is a real strong word but I'm not fond of Animal Crossing. :4villager:

Just kind of boring.

D

Deleted member

Corrin, good god I still try to forget the Idiot Balls she had to hold through Conquest and Revelation

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The Infinity Stones are confirmed to play a role in the new MvC game.

Custom fighters like in SSB4 confirmed?

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

Not hate, but I really don't care for Dr. Mario outside of Smash. Probably because he's still just Mario and the fact that I don't care for his own games (no interest in the puzzle genre).

:094:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
IF YOU BUY UMVC3 FOR PS4 YOU GET JILL AND SHUMA FOR FREE!!!!

AND ALL THE DLC COSTUMES!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who is a character you love/like in Smash but hate/dislike in the home game they are from, or vice versa?
Pikachu.
It's pretty fun to play as in Smash, but I don't really like it as a Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom