• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
**** console wars. We're getting Marvel 4. Shut up and be happy like a normal person.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
. . .The hell?

I've been increasingly leaning towards Nintendo since Sony started charging for online and the one Sony exclusive series I liked has had nothing but a movie adaption on the system I don't own, but that doesn't mean I think Sony fans are bad for enjoying what they like, let alone something like. . .how does a person even come to that conclusion? People being hyped is worth Godwin's Law now? WHAT?

Console wars, man. DANG.

And no, it's not just "Nintendo fans." Too many Sony fans slinging words like "kiddy" around and countless other ridiculous mudslings. This console war mess is stupid all around. God bless anyone who stays out of it and God bless Sakurai for saying he didn't give a crud when asked about his thought process adding Cloud to Smash.
Calling something kiddy is a light tease at most.

It's not at all comparable to when someone tries to liken people being happy about some games to Hitler supporters.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Surprised at the lack of FF7 Remake. Considering the other bombshells they dropped, I figured we'd see that too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Unlocked IV checker

Most of my team has awesome IV's

Explains why my Sandslash took hits like a champ

My Dhelmise almost has perfect IV's like I thought. All excep his attack IV which sucks

My Turtonator has perfect special IV's and speed, but the rest are bad

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
They should have shown TLOU Part 2 at E3 instead of Days Gone which no one remembers

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
R.I.P. X-Men.
Welcome back Mega Man.
It's not the same Mega Man, though, it's his younger brother, who's showing up for the first time.

Classic's probably happy with Smash or something. Maybe Classic knitted X a sweater on his way out as a present to celebrate his getting into Mahvel.

Calling something kiddy is a light tease at most.

It's not at all comparable to when someone tries to liken people being happy about some games to Hitler supporters.
Obviously not, I apologize for that. I haven't subjected myself to enough console wars to actually have an equal and opposite statement on hand, so I didn't have one to offer as an example, although knowing how people let themselves get there's probably a similar invocation of Godwin's Law from the other side somewhere out there. I do think some of the "kiddy" people are stupid enough to be dead serious and mean it as an insult, though.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*One last thing to annouce*
YO, IT IS FF7?!?!

*Actually, it's the Last of Us 2"
WHAT?! BOOOOOOOH!!!! It's the movie that play like a game that is supposed to be a game but is more a movie than anything!!!

:shaker:#Salt:shaker:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh yay another ND game that'll get grossly overrated just because the characters and story so happen to be good in spite of average gameplay.
Unless they actually improve the gameplay by making it fun and removing the "teh immerzionz" moments that aren't actually immersive.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Jesus.

Between this and E3, Sony have killed it this year.

So glad I bought a PS4 Pro.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Good conference overall. My personal highlights were definitely MvC Infinity, Nier AutoMata and LoTU 2.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, now that Marvel and Capcom are clearly buddies again...

Wonder if Marvel 2 and Origins will go back up online?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So looking more into it, I think the "12 characters per company based-on-MCU no Fox" rumor is true. So many things line up.

- Confirmed to be 2v2
- Iron Man's suit takes a LOT of MCU inspiration
- Captain Marvel looks like she may have been modeled after Brie Larson
- More minor, but Wolverine wasn't one of the first two Marvel guys shown off like he usually is

So yeah, I'd say things are looking good for that leak.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
wtf is Garou? Makes me think of an adult toku show
Garou is an SNK fighting game. It's a sequel series to Fatal Fury, and still has Terry Bogard.

It's not the same Mega Man, though, it's his younger brother, who's showing up for the first time.

Classic's probably happy with Smash or something. Maybe Classic knitted X a sweater on his way out as a present to celebrate his getting into Mahvel.

Obviously not, I apologize for that. I haven't subjected myself to enough console wars to actually have an equal and opposite statement on hand, so I didn't have one to offer as an example, although knowing how people let themselves get there's probably a similar invocation of Godwin's Law from the other side somewhere out there. I do think some of the "kiddy" people are stupid enough to be dead serious and mean it as an insult, though.
Well Mega Man X was one of the more requested characters for MvC3. And if Volnutt got to be in TvC, another Mega Man would definitely deserve another chance. Next time, maybe we'll see Mega Man EXE.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Jesus.

Between this and E3, Sony have killed it this year.

So glad I bought a PS4 Pro.
With the Switch's rumored launch lineup i'm almost tempted to buy a PS4 (regular version) over the Switch.

Hardly anything about Nintendo is impressive nowadays IMO.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The PlayStation Experience was really good, had a very wide variety of games. The Crash remakes and Gravity Rush 2 are what I'm looking forward to the most.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So looking more into it, I think the "12 characters per company based-on-MCU no Fox" rumor is true. So many things line up.

- Confirmed to be 2v2
- Iron Man's suit takes a LOT of MCU inspiration
- Captain Marvel looks like she may have been modeled after Brie Larson
- More minor, but Wolverine wasn't one of the first two Marvel guys shown off like he usually is

So yeah, I'd say things are looking good for that leak.
1 in 10 characters has a chance of being Pheonix Wright. This isn't good for my health

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm definitely picking up UMvC3 as soon as it goes live today, I can't wait to play it with my brother as he loves the series. Also, between Crash, MvC: Infinite, Last Guardian and a couple other games, Sony has a great upcoming lineup into the next year. It was a great show for them as they had shown off their system very well.

Last edited:

Chrono.

1 in 10 characters has a chance of being Pheonix Wright. This isn't good for my health
Who cares we got MEHGAMAN EKS BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In all seriousness I think Phoenix will be okay. His franchise is more relevant than it's ever been right now.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So first thing I see here are Crash remakes, console wars, Mahvel, and Parappa the Scammer?

That's enough eggnog for me.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I wish UMVC3 wasn't a timed exclusive. Hopped onto steam with my wallet in hand, only to find out it comes to PC in March.
Well, still super dope that the game is coming again, I just hope it and Infinite has crossplay.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Wait, UMVC3's coming to PC?
****, I need a supercomputer ASAP
Both Marvel games are coming to PC and Xbox. However UMVC3 is coming to those in March rather than today. It's a shame, but whatever, I'll wait. I still got loads of other fighting games to buy and never competently learn.

Chrono.

I find it hilarious that, admist all the no X-Men rumors, the first character they show for MvCI is Megaman X.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Start making guesses.

The shadowed figure after Akuma is probably Helen. The hat looks a lot like hers.

Or technically I should say Kolin because that's who she really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom