• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Tried to brainstorm a Christmas fic idea as per ChikoLad's recommendation for a starting point and my mental processes have already veered towards the stranger directions it could take.

Obviously the sheer level of insanity of the following would automatically send it into a certain type of fanfic category if used, so I have absolutely no idea whether it would be included in a hypothetical fic, unincluded, or. . .well the most likely scenario is that I just won't get around to it but here have a musing.

All that started it was imagining a character I see as nearly inevitable for Smash drinking eggnog and having them smell about as well as you'd expect for a squid drinking eggnog. Pit comments, Inkling calls him out for being a hypocrite since he never showers, and Pit states that he actually did shower that morning and even used the special soaps Sonic had a friend of his back home make for Pit. Inkling notes that this must be why he smells so incredibly strongly of mint and starts recounting a secondhand anecdote she heard from Yoshi about the Great Mint War of 2010 at "some place where they get together every four years to do stuff in the snow," where the Hero of Mint fought valiantly against the stench of Wario in a battle that culminated in Wario literally being airbombed from an actual "Pilotwings style" plane with mint extract.

Some say that old hill still smells of mint to this day. . .

I should probably be looking for a more toned down chain of events to write since this is the trashiest of trashy, but MAN. Mental images are fun.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Finally got to watch Bites the Dust part 2
Poor Hayato doesn't deserve this
No matter what he does, Rohan is going to explode at 8:30 so he needs to find a way to undo BtD before that
The cat-plant almost worked but Kira got lucky
Just do it again without spilling the coffee on him *******

I'm really liking Hayato as a character, the kid has suffered through a lot and it'd be no surprise he'd be scared to death but he still manages to keep his composure(foe the most part) and try to find a way to defeat Kira

Like, Hayato's POV of the story is actually terrifying: one day your dad starts acting suspicious and you eventually find out some serial killer took his appearence and is impersonating him to hide in your family, your mother trusts him so you can't tell her and he has the ability to blow people up with the touch of a finger.
This could be a horror book actually, just change the names and let's see how long it'd take for someone to realize it's actually Jojo
Time to make you feel better. Look at Hayato in the Great Days opening.
Then look at him in the BTD version, see what's different

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I stayed up til 6:39 just to beat Uncharted 4

I think I have no life. Maybe I need a friend's and a girlfriend
I've been stuck on Chapter 13 for the past couple of hours.

Just this one section that's really tricky, though I am playing on Crushing difficulty so sections like that rear their head every so often.

Tried to brainstorm a Christmas fic idea as per ChikoLad's recommendation for a starting point and my mental processes have already veered towards the stranger directions it could take.

Obviously the sheer level of insanity of the following would automatically send it into a certain type of fanfic category if used, so I have absolutely no idea whether it would be included in a hypothetical fic, unincluded, or. . .well the most likely scenario is that I just won't get around to it but here have a musing.

All that started it was imagining a character I see as nearly inevitable for Smash drinking eggnog and having them smell about as well as you'd expect for a squid drinking eggnog. Pit comments, Inkling calls him out for being a hypocrite since he never showers, and Pit states that he actually did shower that morning and even used the special soaps Sonic had a friend of his back home make for Pit. Inkling notes that this must be why he smells so incredibly strongly of mint and starts recounting a secondhand anecdote she heard from Yoshi about the Great Mint War of 2010 at "some place where they get together every four years to do stuff in the snow," where the Hero of Mint fought valiantly against the stench of Wario in a battle that culminated in Wario literally being airbombed from an actual "Pilotwings style" plane with mint extract.

Some say that old hill still smells of mint to this day. . .

I should probably be looking for a more toned down chain of events to write since this is the trashiest of trashy, but MAN. Mental images are fun.
Trust Sonic to be the one with the soaps.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've been stuck on Chapter 13 for the past couple of hours.

Just this one section that's really tricky, though I am playing on Crushing difficulty so sections like that rear their head every so often.

Trust Sonic to be the one with the soaps.

It surprised me a bit when I found out that was a marketing deal, I'll admit.

I wonder what other games have done things quite like that?

. . .Oh right, Splatoon, LOL. Splatfests cover the poster AND the clothing factor.

Come to think of it, a lot of games use marketing in some fashion.

*EDIT* Also Sonic can be made to shower onscreen after the sewer level in Sonic Adventure, which is why I always picture him as the "clean guy" in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I had forgotten about the new Pokemon Generations lol
Thoughts
But holy ****, this is my favorite episode, no ****ing contest
The Reshiram and Kyurem fight was basically the same as the ingame cutscene and N's dialogue was just perfect
Even when standing to the man that almost destroyed Unova, captured his partner and manipulated him for his entire life, N stays calm and tries to talk with Ghetsis only for him to still call N a freak and a tool and almost killing him with Kyurem...
But my man Hilbert is here, he wasn't supposed to but this is the best possible liberty they could take with the games and made the whole Giant Chasm scene a lot more emotional
AND **** THE MUSIC PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND, I THOUGHT THESE TEARS WERE LONG GONE

D

Deleted member

Okay so I've been trying to get a Politoed through the weather SOS chain thing, and 2 things that I need to say:
1. This method is tedious and I'm never gonna do that again. I don't think I've been doing anything wrong since it was night time and it was raining in Mallie Garden, and a Poliwhirl did pop up every once in a while, but the RNG decided that I shouldn't get a Politoed.
2. This happened:
IMG-20161203-WA0002.jpeg

should give you an idea about how long it took.
Also, congrats Politoed, I officially hate you.

D

Deleted member

Time to make you feel better. Look at Hayato in the Great Days opening.
Then look at him in the BTD version, see what's different
I can't believe he went from "my dad is a monster, there's no way anyone could stop him"
Screenshot_2016-12-03-15-50-09.png

To "I'm gonna ****ing shoot him with that cat-plant"
Screenshot_2016-12-03-15-49-18.png

Burruni

Smash Hero
Hmm, supposedly someone has gotten datamine stuff about the Overwatch Christmas patch coming up:

Looking at this, I assume it is Santa Torb coming to town if he's getting a Skin, Emote and Intro. That aside, this seems to have more stuff than the Halloween update, considering only Reaper, Ana and Reinhardt in Halloween only had 2 and none had all 3, with Reaper having a Skin and Highlight while Ana and Reinhardt had a Skin and Emote.
Also, I noticed that Genji, Hanzo, Junkrat and Bastion are the only ones who don't seem to get anything besides a Spray, voiceline and Victory pose. No Gingerbread Bastion?:sadeyes: But still, the fact that only those 4 don't seem to have anything that isn't a Spray, voiceline or Victory pose seems to show that the Christmas update does have more stuff compared to the other 2 events.
>Mei and Winston still don't get event skins
I choose to deny this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's the embedded version if you're like me and are too lazy to log in to get past the age verification. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wonder what's going to happen with this PSX stream.

Mostly wondering how this MvC thing that's been bubbling up is going to go down. If it'll happen, what'll happen, etc.

I guess I have to wait and see. Hopefully something popcorn worthy occurs.

Ivander

Smash Legend
>Mei and Winston still don't get event skins
I choose to deny this.
They are getting at least 2 of either a Skin, Highlight and Emote according to the dataminer. Basically, they could have a Skin and Highlight, a Skin and Emote or a Highlight and Emote.
Actually, considering Mei and Winston got an highlight and Emote respectively for Halloween, I wouldn't be surprised if Mei gets a Skin and Emote while Winston gets a Skin and Highlight.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Hello.
Finally got to watch Bites the Dust part 2
Poor Hayato doesn't deserve this
No matter what he does, Rohan is going to explode at 8:30 so he needs to find a way to undo BtD before that
The cat-plant almost worked but Kira got lucky
Just do it again without spilling the coffee on him *******

I'm really liking Hayato as a character, the kid has suffered through a lot and it'd be no surprise he'd be scared to death but he still manages to keep his composure(foe the most part) and try to find a way to defeat Kira

Like, Hayato's POV of the story is actually terrifying: one day your dad starts acting suspicious and you eventually find out some serial killer took his appearence and is impersonating him to hide in your family, your mother trusts him so you can't tell her and he has the ability to blow people up with the touch of a finger.
This could be a horror book actually, just change the names and let's see how long it'd take for someone to realize it's actually Jojo
It shall be called The Quiet Life XD.
Also, how's this week's Izetta?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OH MY ****ING DUCK MARVEL VS CAPCOM IS CONFIRM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom