• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The chance of finding a Bagon on Route 3 is an abyssmal 1%.

I found one...
Screenshot_2016-12-02-23-31-26.png

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alright, after watching further fakemonnery I'm gonna do a quick sketch trying a barreleye concept again. And I'm going to write a Pokedex entry set off the seat of my pants, so hold onto your butts.

Version A said:
This Pokemon may appear to have a serene expression, but it's supposed eyes are merely ripples on it's skin. It's true eyes are the bright green orbs deep inside it's hollow body.
Version B said:
No one knows how this Pokemon manages to think and survive without a brain. It is rumored that this Pokemon acts according to the will of the spirit realm itself.
Water/Ghost

Ability: Clear Body

I'm sure someone else could do better, though. I just don't see anyone using the poor barreleye in these things and it seems like it's so perfect for it.

*EDIT* Thread is quiet, time to think of good moves.

. . .Acid Armor seems like a good fit.

Yeah I'm not good at finding perfect moveset fits for Pokemon. Either I find too little or too much.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Since Christmas avatars are too hard to find, President Haltmann shall do for now.

Could have been better, but I doubt anyone would want to see this everyday.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh, you actually found another use for the gems.

. . .Wait, are the gems even still in the games anymore? I completely forgot those existed.

That's actually a pretty clever gimmick move considering there's moves involving Berries and stuff already. It seems like the kind of move that'd be spread around to other Pokemon the generation after, though. Honedge line and the Muskedeer trio might get it possibly. . .although neither of those groups need to be made any better, LOL.
If they aren't in the games anymore than I guess they would be.

Also there is a pokemon with a stat move that would be the version exclusive of the other game in the pair.
Mortalier and Moros. They're Ghost/Fighting and Moros' signature move Dubious Shield does the opposite it is a ghost type and uses the gems to change its defensive typing to whatever the gem is and when it takes the hit the gem is destroyed.

What is everyones favourite Ultra Beast?
I like Guzzlord the most.

Man.
25 UTC's left in the wake of Gen 7's opening games.... saying that because later games a la ORAS might add more Megas or Regional Variants.
  1. Normal/Rock
  2. Normal/Poison
  3. Normal/Bug
  4. Normal/Ghost
  5. Normal/Steel
  6. Normal/Ice
  7. Fairy/Poison
  8. Fairy/Fire
  9. Fairy/Ground
  10. Fairy/Fighting
  11. Fairy/Dark
  12. Rock/Ghost
  13. Electric/Poison
  14. Electric/Fighting
  15. Electric/Dark
  16. Grass/Fire
  17. Poison/Psychic
  18. Poison/Steel
  19. Ground/Fighting
  20. Psychic/Bug
  21. Fire/Ice
  22. Ground/Fighting
  23. Bug/Ice
  24. Bug/Dragon
  25. Bug/Dark
With Sinnoh remakes hopeful...
Ele/Dark Mega Luxray!
Ele/Fighting Mega Electivire!

....Ground/Fighting Sinnohsian Diggersby? To be a partner for Mega Lopunny?
24. You listed Ground/Fighting twice.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was checking some SM articles on Wikipedia to waste time and I saw this on the Gen VII list.
Screenshot_2016-12-03-02-08-03.png

Topu Lele

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>sends out Tapu Koko
>opponent sends out Gyarados
2016-12-03_05-06-20.jpg

A simple Wild Charge will conclude this Gyarados.
>Wild Charge misses
>Gyarados uses Earthquake
>its a critical hit
2016-12-03_05-07-22.jpg

Oh. Oh I see. Its to be one of those days.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I live a strange contradictory existence where I want to read and write trashy Smash Bros fanfiction but when I actually sit down and look at it I find that it's too trashy for my own tastes.

I have standards that exist in the strangest limbo of being super high and super low all at once.

Seeing other people quote or react to trashy Smash Bros fanfiction generally entertains me, though.
Pro tip from someone who's absolutely not a pro at this:

Fan-fiction involving simple, everyday things, or seasonal events like Christmas, are the most reliable ones. It's actually a concept I wish more actual crossovers would play around with.

Then there are the ones that put certain characters together in different situations and utilise their traits effectively. But that takes more advanced writing prowess and a deeper understanding of the characters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't count on it giving me an Abra with the right nature and abillity.
I'll check if I have one in a bit. I got at least 3 quirky ones. XD

Update: Sorry, don't have one. I do have a Timid Meowth with Pickup, though. >.>

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So whose ready for the reality of a possibility of MvC4?

In general I'm just excited to see if there'll be anything mind blowing this weekend. Doesn't even have to be MvC4.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Current team:
: Robin
: Pikawatt (A bit outdated, yes)
: SATISFACTION (Certainly fits) - previously in this slot was Lycanroc (Midnight)
: Boxer
:Vui
: Zarnet

Sophocles' Trial wasn't too bad at all. A little bit of a cakewalk thanks to Lycanroc's Z-Move taking out Vikavolt.

And here's something I kinda realised about the Rock type Z-Move that crossed my mind, in regards to the Trainer's animations before the real attack:

A bit of a goofy looking pose, until I made the connection to Atlas - The Greek titan who holds the world on his shoulders. I got to admit, either it's a coincidence, or a clever mythological reference that was added in. Given that the move's Japanese name is 'World's End Fall,' I think it's quite intentional on Game Freak's part.

After Sophocles was a bit of a wandering about to level a few Pokémon up or evolve some of them. Caught a few like Ditto and Minior, but Beldum... If there's one thing Pokémon Go captures just right - it's the futility of throwing Poké Balls at rare Pokémon and them breaking out near immediately. At least three of them fainted before I could finally catch one - and Satisfaction is currently in my team for a little while. Can't say if it'll be a permanent addition, but maybe for a little while or maybe if I want to try out some more online battles.

And ya boi Guzma wasn't too much of a hassle, but either way, him and Team Skull are climbing the ranks so far to be one of my favourite villainous teams - with the Team Skull grunts often being pretty hilarious when you beat them. And the ones trying to run off with the bus stop so that the bus drivers could take it easy... These guys are great.

I guess that's all from me. And I also need to comment about the sudden growth in the Abra population. How come it's more difficult to find a Grimer as opposed to Abra in a modern city environment? You'd think it'd be the other way around.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I stayed up til 6:39 just to beat Uncharted 4

I think I have no life. Maybe I need a friend's and a girlfriend

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I stayed up til 6:39 just to beat Uncharted 4

I think I have no life. Maybe I need a friend's and a girlfriend
I have friends, a boyfriend and a life.

Boy, let me tell you.

That don't stop that problem.

It doesn't help most of my friends and my boyfriend are also gamers though.

D

Deleted member

So, repeating my question from earlier; is anyone willing to trade me a timid Abra with Synchronize?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really hope the MCU only rumors if MvC4 is true are just that rumors.

I've been racking my brain trying to imagine a MvC without Wolverine, Storm, or Deadpool.

Those three really really blow my mind that they might be missing. I mean the rest of the X characters are pretty valid, but like those 3 are just...Marvel superstars.

Gonna feel weird without them.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So how old is Glacia from Hoenn supposed to be? Now that's i actually think about it. I hope she's not supposed to be really young or something.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well, my internet was out for the better part of a day. What did I mi-

Is that a freakin' Shadow Pit in your sig?

. . .

*beat*

Oh hey, and your avatar is Santa Rodin lighting his cigar on fire with his thumb. 10/10 setup all around. :D
Its called "Lava Pit". Looks closer to Pit than Dark Pit imo.

We share great tastes amirite =D.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Update on my Moon playthrough!

Just finished the first Battle Royal against Hau, Gladion, and Professor Kukui "The Masked Royal."

So far the first two totems were incredibly easy. Trumbeak's Brick Break one-shot Alolan Raticate while Brionne's Scald actually took out most of Wishiwashi's health despite being not very effective. Loving the game so far!

Team:
Brionne (26)
Trumbeak (24)
Snorlax (25)
Mudbray (25)
Cutiefly (23)
Wishiwashi (20) (filler)

Might be a tad over leveled since I'm catching everything I come across that I don't have.

Also Hala got SWEPT by Cutiefly.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
After completing Moon version...I'm thinking of starting my third run with Primarina in Sun version...

I want to sort out Poke-bank first, I haven't used it since it was free :p (and I only used while I was breeding for shinies so I'm expecting a lot of froakies leftover)
Want to at least keep essentials such as my team, legends, UBs, version exclusives, etc...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Its called "Lava Pit". Looks closer to Pit than Dark Pit imo.

We share great tastes amirite =D.
Actually I meant "Shadow Pit" as in the clone enemies from Chapter 21, since they're pitch black. I knew several of the details were different and there was a very good chance it was an artistic experiment instead, but every time I have common sense and brush it aside it turns out I should have listened to myself. . .

It definitely looks good, though. The eyes really stand out.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I really hope the MCU only rumors if MvC4 is true are just that rumors.

I've been racking my brain trying to imagine a MvC without Wolverine, Storm, or Deadpool.

Those three really really blow my mind that they might be missing. I mean the rest of the X characters are pretty valid, but like those 3 are just...Marvel superstars.

Gonna feel weird without them.
if it happens you can't be that surprise.Lately marvel has been trying to distant themselves from the X-men and everything.And with the MCU being as big it as it is i wouldn't be surprise if they continue to milk it for everything it's worth,look at disney infinity, Marvel is bit scummy like

@Zebei Shinsuke won the belt back today,so My boy samoa joe is gonna be at the rumble.

Unrelated what time is the Playstation thing

D

Deleted member

Finally got to watch Bites the Dust part 2
Poor Hayato doesn't deserve this
No matter what he does, Rohan is going to explode at 8:30 so he needs to find a way to undo BtD before that
The cat-plant almost worked but Kira got lucky
Just do it again without spilling the coffee on him dumbass

I'm really liking Hayato as a character, the kid has suffered through a lot and it'd be no surprise he'd be scared to death but he still manages to keep his composure(foe the most part) and try to find a way to defeat Kira

Like, Hayato's POV of the story is actually terrifying: one day your dad starts acting suspicious and you eventually find out some serial killer took his appearence and is impersonating him to hide in your family, your mother trusts him so you can't tell her and he has the ability to blow people up with the touch of a finger.
This could be a horror book actually, just change the names and let's see how long it'd take for someone to realize it's actually Jojo

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
>Source Gaming uploads Super Mario series representation prediction on YT
>No article on the site that accompanies it
>Now I can't set up a civil debate about Nabbit and Daisy (read: post moveset ideas to show the team they both have tremendous potential)
>Feels bad man

@PushDustIn pls fix

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My Battle Tree streak was broken, and my record is now 32. Not bad, if I say so myself. I have all of the Power items and I also got Life Orb and Choice Scarf. So earning higher streaks should be simpler.

I think I'm gonna break apart from Battle Tree for now and breed some new Pokémon. Later, I'm going to work on A-Vulpix. I just caught one with Snow Warning, and I'm thinking a moveset of Blizzard, Moonblast, Dark Pulse and Nasty Plot will work.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Is it possible I could get some trading done for Incineroar, Braviary, Castform, Honchkrow, Weavile, Lucario, and Politoad? Really close to completing my PokeDex, but I have no interest in relying on low percentage SOS methods or waiting to get the correct stone from Poke Pelago or an item from the Battle Tree (or have to do the friendship method again).

It will be a simple trade back and forth with the exception for Incineroar (which I quickly need to use to hatch for a Litten).

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If I see Gwenpool in the MvC4 roster. I will scream.

There surely has to be better ways to fill Deadpool's void.

Or you know Marvel can just get over their petty childish feud and let him be in the game. It's not like there's any real correlation between sales of outside merchandise between the movies and the comics. Let alone the movies, comics and the games.

If people are going to see a superhero movie these days. They're going to see a superhero movie. X-Men sells itself at this point without having to have any help, so I don't really get what Marvel's trying to accomplish by treating them like they are. Only hurting their own sales. Not Fox's movie sales.

Yeah, Marvel you keep Deadpool out of MvC4, I bet that'll show Fox come time for Deadpool 2.

D

Deleted member

I'd post about the new BGS but it's not like anyone here cares about it
But man, I love Poe, took them a while to make a character with an ability as meta as his since everyone is based off an author
And oh, looks like angsty teenager edge lord and At the Sushi feat. his Fursona are going to fight again

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Bought another eshop card...but its gonna have to wait til tonight to set up poke-bank...

Already thinking about my team for my next playthrough...and it seems like it'll possibly be my most balanced team yet...

D

Deleted member

Bought another eshop card...but its gonna have to wait til tonight to set up poke-bank...

Already thinking about my team for my next playthrough...and it seems like it'll possibly be my most balanced team yet...
Pokebank doesn't work with Gen 7 yet.
I'm afraid you have to wait until January.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hmm, supposedly someone has gotten datamine stuff about the Overwatch Christmas patch coming up:
-There are 4 new map files, so we might get a PvE one and up to 3 themed maps like Hollywood during Halloween.
-Sprays, Voiceline, Victory Pose for Everyone.
-New Skin, Emote or Highlight Intro for: Widowmaker, Reinhardt, Mercy, Symmetra, Reaper, Sombra, Roadhog, D.Va, Ana, Soldier: 76 and Lúcio.
-These ones will have two of them: Winston, McCree, Mei, Pharah, Zarya, Tracer and Zenyatta.
-Torbjorn will have all three.
Looking at this, I assume it is Santa Torb coming to town if he's getting a Skin, Emote and Intro. That aside, this seems to have more stuff than the Halloween update, considering only Reaper, Ana and Reinhardt in Halloween only had 2 and none had all 3, with Reaper having a Skin and Highlight while Ana and Reinhardt had a Skin and Emote.
Also, I noticed that Genji, Hanzo, Junkrat and Bastion are the only ones who don't seem to get anything besides a Spray, voiceline and Victory pose. No Gingerbread Bastion?:sadeyes: But still, the fact that only those 4 don't seem to have anything that isn't a Spray, voiceline or Victory pose seems to show that the Christmas update does have more stuff compared to the other 2 events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom