• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Anyone know if Comfey and Oranguru only appear in specific parts of Lush Jungle?

...or how to make it rain in Lush Jungle without weather moves?

Edit: Literally JUST found Oranguru.
Yeah Oranguru appeared at the north for me.

I have never seen a wild Comfey though.

...Doesn't the dex show where Pokemon specifically appear?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At this point, it seems more of you think MvCI is more likely to get a Switch port than UMVC3.

How come?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah Oranguru appeared at the north for me.

I have never seen a wild Comfey though.

...Doesn't the dex show where Pokemon specifically appear?
My issue is I already used my QR scans today and haven't seen a Comfey, so it's not in the Dex. :p

All I know is there's like a one percent chance of finding one.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Still not everything.

And you can't go LOLWIIU without an LOLVITA
Actually, I can't.

Because have you seen PSX, they didn't forget about the Vita and Japan is keeping that system alive compared to a system that Nintendo have up on during the Holiday season

If the main villain is Sigma and Ultron fused, I'm going to guess that Sigma and Ultron will be seperate playable characters as well. I hope that's the case anyway.
I went to believe so but MvC1 had Onslaught which was a fused Magneto and Professor Xavier and neither was playable.

Cheeky!
People say Brie Larson might have been used as a Captain Marvel thing and she's MCU's CM. If that's true, then I am glad that costume would be brought over to MCU
I'm glad they didn't use Ms Marvel with the ugly haircut

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
If the main villain is Sigma and Ultron fused, I'm going to guess that Sigma and Ultron will be seperate playable characters as well. I hope that's the case anyway.
(Arcade) Final boss should be those two tag teaming then they do the fusion dance when beaten.

I don't know those Marvel super heroes. :troll:
Oranguru is Marvel's version of Gorilla Grodd, Comfey is a figment of Deadpool's crazy mind come to life

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If Black Widow gets in I wonder if they would just give her MvC3 Jill's move set, minus the mind control device's function. That move set is too perfect for her.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
YES. FINALLY A COMFEY.

Now to make it rain somehow to get Castform.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I know this isn't going to happen, but the optimist in me is saying that we might get an X-Men character or two, solely based on the fact that Ultimate Marvel 3 is being ported to PS4, XB1 and PC.

But then again, there's definitely some behind the scenes contract stuff I'm not aware of that'll debunk that easy :ohwell:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You know, as cool as an Ultron and Sigma fusion sounds.

I just hope it doesn't end up as wacky as a... certain other comic/video game fusion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Couldn't you just use rain dance or run into a wild pelipper to make it rain and get cast form/ goomy

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Actually, I can't.

Because have you seen PSX, they didn't forget about the Vita and Japan is keeping that system alive compared to a system that Nintendo have up on during the Holiday season

I went to believe so but MvC1 had Onslaught which was a fused Magneto and Professor Xavier and neither was playable.

I'm glad they didn't use Ms Marvel with the ugly haircut
It's no black and gold costume, but at least she's got the better haircut.

(Arcade) Final boss should be those two tag teaming then they do the fusion dance when beaten.

Oranguru is Marvel's version of Gorilla Grodd, Comfey is a figment of Deadpool's crazy mind come to life

Great, now if they don't do the DBZ fusion dance, I'm gonna be disappointed. Thanks for setting that up for me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't see Nintendo getting any MvC games.
I didn't see Marvel 4 happening at all a couple weeks ago. Let's just hope the dream doesn't die.

plz no. I don't like her in MCU and when we can have mother ****ing Dormammu, Ghost Rider, Groot, Gwenpool and Miles I can't spell his last name, Black Widow just feels underwhelming
She's popular now because of the movies. If they can make her interesting, I won't complain.

Too bad we probably won't get Storm or Rouge or Psylocke though. Now those are my ******. Team Bad ******* if you will.

Now Imma wait for Spider-Man, Venom and Punisher. And by Spider-Man, I mean Peter Parker. Miles or Miguel could be his Ken style counterpart later down the line, if this game updates like SF5, but with that Marvel money backing it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So not only is there a new MVC but the old ones are coming back along with Jill and Suma Gorath.

I wonder what character that they MCU made popular will show. They did a lot of pre-emptive ones in Ultimate for sure.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Why do you say that?
I'm just talking about the results btw, not you posting those polls. That's cool.

But when I voted, there was only one "no" in the MvC4 poll as opposed to like six yeses. You take that to other non-Nintendo-oriented places on the internet, and that ratio certainly doesn't carry. I mean it might happen, but is there any reason at all to expect we'd get the game other than the fact that it'd be cool and Capcom is a Switch "partner"?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm kind of the opposite. I can't bring myself to follow Sony news because I haven't seen any real eye catchers out of the corner of my eye, meanwhile the Switch's rumored year one launch lineup looks like it's going to try to destroy my pockets.

Launch itself maybe not so much, but that bundle rumor is definitely gonna be something for me. I guess liking squids is the difference.

Woomy.

. . .Maybe a lot of the games aren't outright impressive since most of it seems like stuff that's just going to be updated nicely, but BotW at least impressed me enough to get me to actually pay attention to Zelda enough to be about ready to throw the contents of my wallet at it. It could be my actually sitting down and watching it, but most of the features that impress me seem to be completely new to the series, so I'm leaning towards BotW itself being the magic.
I get that. We all have our different tastes and stuff. For me personally Sony's lineup of games are looking really promising while Nintendo's seems like the same old or other things I don't care about. PS4 is going to have FF7R, Tekken 7, Crash Remastered Trilogy, among other things that's already released. With the Switch there's nothing outside the new 3D Mario that makes me want to buy the console.

- Breath of the Wild: Can easily buy BoTW on the Wii U and that's what i'm planning to do if the Switch fails to impress me.
- Smash Bros Switch: Probably won't have any new characters but if it does it'll be filled with characters I either don't care about or don't like.
- Mario Kart Switch: Haven't been wanting to buy Mario Kart in a long time and if I ever feel the need to buy it I could always get the Wii U version
- Splatoon Switch: I really don't like Splatoon.
- Xenoblade Port: Never had a serious interest of buying the game and if I did like Mario Kart I could easily buy the game on the Wii U.
- Pokemon Stars: This could be a pull factor for me but won't be a driving factor to buy just for the game and I could still buy the game on the 3DS.
- Pikimin & Animal Crossing: Don't care about either series.
- Fire Emblem: Not confirmed yes but if a new FE game comes out before AW even has the chance to be revived (when a new AW game could easily make a huge comeback given it's local multiplayer capabilities and the Switch's emphasis on that) i'm going to be extremely pissed off and that will be the deciding factor of me not buying the Switch.

Really nothing outside 3D Mario and PKMN Stars that makes me want the Switch. The games that I do want are games which series have been dead for a long time and have been constantly neglected by Nintendo which furthers my frustration with Nintendo. I think you guys have a pretty good idea what they are so i'm not going to bother but yeah basically i'm not really feeling Nintendo right now and Sony's lineup and games that are already released are making me want to ditch Nintendo until they have something I really want.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Throwback to an old tweet:

If this means we have to pre-order the game to beta the game, I'll gladly get the PC version.

Mostly because of player base concerns, should Marvel Infinite be on the Switch.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm just talking about the results btw, not you posting those polls. That's cool.

But when I voted, there was only one "no" in the MvC4 poll as opposed to like six yeses. You take that to other non-Nintendo-oriented places on the internet, and that ratio certainly doesn't carry. I mean it might happen, but is there any reason at all to expect we'd get the game other than the fact that it'd be cool and Capcom is a Switch "partner"?
There is one thing I find odd.

UMVC3 is getting released for Xbox one and PC in March which is when the Switch is released.

Part of me finds that supsicious.

Plus the fact that the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite trailer gave us no consoles...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd be surprised if Rocket Raccoon didn't show up. He's been in the last game, so he has a move set. And people know him now since the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. I think Groot would be the only other choice that'd end up extremely unique. No one else in really had plant powers in any of the game so far. Except one of Ammy's moves.

R.I.P Cockney accent though.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
There was a problem fetching the tweet
uh oh. Time for people to get death threats for reporting on this
The presenter specified a February release date.

UMVC3 is getting released for Xbox one and PC in March which is when the Switch is released.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now that X is in, if Zero and/or Strider Hiryu join the MvCI roster, then I'll already know which team I'll main.

Chrono.

It did though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

That's reading into it a bit much, dontcha think? Otherwise that's kind of implying every multiplat releasing in March might end up on Switch. It's not like the industry is just going to clear the month for Nintendo's sake.

The one posted by Marvel says PS4, XB1, and Steam.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that X is in, if Zero and/or Strider Hiryu join the MvCI roster, then I'll already know which team I'll main.
Zero would probably make it. But I always liked Mega Man more.

You know who would be a pleasant surprise? Axl. Poor, poor Axl. He's pretty cool, but just had to show up in the worst Mega Man game. I feel like he'd be more projectile focused than Mega Man and Zero. Only because MMX has a few close range moves.

Also, yeah, Strider should comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom