• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
HOW?! HOW?! I just got a Shiny Zubat! :bluejump: And I haven't even reached Verdant Cave yet.

EDIT: YES! Even if it's not a Stat Boosting Nature, I'll gladly take a Neutral Nature over a Bad Nature for a Zubat/Crobat.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I still hate ally Pokemon. Probably my least favourite addition to the series.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Good, a place to buy Quick Balls. Now to enjoy catching Pokemon again.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, so I've got plan B now. I'm going to catch a bunch of Water type Pokemon and replace half my team with them so they can soak up damage whenever my main fighters get KO'd.

Since my save was prior to investigating the ripples and those didn't count as the totem challenge, I'm gonna catch every Wishiwashi in those ripples I'm being told to investigate. Already got one.

This. . .SHOULD work, I have quite a few Revives if my team can hold up.

I also skipped trainer battles in the immediate area before. That was a mistake.

. . .Aaaand now a random wild Pokemon has gone into a calling for help loop. That was three summons in a match. Every time I KO'd one, another popped up.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
"All the games where Mario and Dragon Quest crossed over"
So 3 games, one of which was just Slime being playable in a Mario and Final Fantasy crossover.
Dragon Quest got two full fledged crossover games with Mario. The times when Final Fantasy and Mario crossed over weren't full fledged crossover games; not to mention Cloud didn't appear in them. I'm just saying that since they put Cloud in Smash over Slim I'd imagine they'd add Rayman in over a Rabbid.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Dragon Quest got two full fledged crossover games with Mario. The times when Final Fantasy and Mario crossed over weren't full fledged crossover games; not to mention Cloud didn't appear in them. I'm just saying that since they put Cloud in Smash over Slim I'd imagine they'd add Rayman in over a Rabbid.
Not full fledged because the games were promoted as Mario titles, not Mario x Final Fantasy titles?
I'd say Cloud got in because Final Fantasy is more popular and successful thn Dragon Quest, with Cloud being the most popular choice for a FF character.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Not full fledged because the games were promoted as Mario titles, not Mario x Final Fantasy titles?
I'd say Cloud got in because Final Fantasy is more popular and successful thn Dragon Quest, with Cloud being the most popular choice for a FF character.
Right. the Final Fantasy character inclusions were more of a bonus than a main feature. They were even hidden away as unlockable characters.
I'd say that's why Cloud got in as well. That's the same reason I think Rayman would get in over a Rabbid, because Rayman is more popular and successful than Rabbids, among other reasons.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Pretty sure I found the place to evolve Eevee into Leafeon.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well I sent a strongly worded email to Amazon.

SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft Are you still waiting for your package? I'd try shooting them an email too just in case.
They still haven't shipped my package yet.

I'll give them until tomorrow, if it's not shipped by then, I'll shoot them an e-mail.
Aww that sucks. I had to email them two days ago because my ship date got pushed back. They responded and fixed everything. I got my package today with no issues.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I haven't confirmed it yet, but I think it evolves in Lush Jungle. Is that where you are?
Yeah. Seemed like the place and there is indeed a mossy rock.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah. Seemed like the place and there is indeed a mossy rock.
Neat!

I can't get the game until Sunday due to a turn of events, but I know a third of my planned team is found there. :laugh:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Completed Mallow's trial.
The freaking totem Pokemon called a Castform. Sunny day + synthesis really drew out the battle. Thankfully Grimer badly poisoning it eventually allowed me to win

Chrono.

Aww that sucks. I had to email them two days ago because my ship date got pushed back. They responded and fixed everything. I got my package today with no issues.
I should've notified them right when I saw the date was too late for it to be priority.

Ah well.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I should've notified them right when I saw the date was too late for it to be priority.

Ah well.
Before the ship date was fixed for me, they at least upgraded my shipping with no extra cost. At the minimum, emailing them could possibly accomplish that for you. Unless it has already shipped of course.

D

Deleted member

It's so bizarre to look back at the initial reactions of Pokemon Sun/Moon elsewhere.(NeoGaf.) Especially when people used words such as "gross" to describe it and someone made this thing because Litten was "overdesigned".

Chrono.

Before the ship date was fixed for me, they at least upgraded my shipping with no extra cost. At the minimum, emailing them could possibly accomplish that for you. Unless it has already shipped of course.
Hasn't shipped yet for me, well as far know anyway.

The tracker has been stuck on "preparing for shipment" for a while now.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so half of my 3ds's battery life was dedicated to getting a female popplio and when it got it it was sassy
so i gladly took it because a speed decreasing nature that boost special defense is amazing on popplio

and i named her Tidéll

D

Deleted member

@Zoroarking this just went up on Source Gaming:
http://sourcegaming.info/2016/11/18/the-case-for-an-etrian-odyssey-representative/

--------

Also Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) is going to be in the Han Solo film.

I don't remember writing for SG...

>No mention of the Protector class
>No mention of Frederica
Frederica would have being heavily involved with the story in Untold and also being a Gunner(aka the poster class for EOII)

And speaking of poster girls, no mention of Protector is even worse because the blonde female Protector is basically the series mascot showing up in various official material including comics(being known as Shisho or Sensei) alongside the young female Medic(known as Medi-Ko)
If you try to find any official art, you're more likely to find something of Shisho and Medi-Ko than any of the Landsknechts(for further comparison, Landies only got one DLC portrait while Shisho got FOUR, four extra portraits of her, all of which come from old promotional artworks). The two also got portrait DLCs for the Fencer and Shaman classes in EOV(Gunner girl also got one for Dragoon)

I also think a heavily defensive character in Smash would be a really cool addition, there's a lot to pull from Protector(and the 3 other tank classes in the series), from elemental walls, shield bashes, line defenses, aggro boosters, counters, charge attacks and even 5 different weapons in total that they have used: swords, lances, axes, maces and guns, not even counting the shield itself.

The music used as examples are mot even the best of what the series has to offer
And while we're on the subject of EO and its music, it'd be a crime not to mention The End of Raging Waves, now arranged for EOV

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Moon is actually pretty challenging. I nearly lost to Ilima, I'm currently fighting Hala and am not doing so hot. lol

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, that's. . .interesting.

The second ripple Wishiwashi out of the two you fight before the totem battle literally will not stop calling reinforcements no matter how many I defeat. Some of my Pokemon have leveled up twice already. This makes it impossible to catch since you need to have only one Pokemon on the field in order to be able to catch a Pokemon.

I guess they REALLY want that "coming back for revenge" line to be accurate.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
OK, that's. . .interesting.

The second ripple Wishiwashi out of the two you fight before the totem battle literally will not stop calling reinforcements no matter how many I defeat. Some of my Pokemon have leveled up twice already. This makes it impossible to catch since you need to have only one Pokemon on the field in order to be able to catch a Pokemon.

I guess they REALLY want that "coming back for revenge" line to be accurate.
It's impossible to catch anyway since you can't catch Pokemon in the trial areas until after you've completed the trial.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The only trainer to give me trouble was the kid at the school with Grimer.
Otherwise, it's been totem Pokemon and freaking normal wild Pokemon that have been giving me trouble.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am really jealous guys...

I want to play Moon so badly...

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Otherwise, it's been totem Pokemon and freaking normal wild Pokemon that have been giving me trouble.
Omg, that must mean that in Sun and Moon training Pokémon makes them •worse•!

This is a bold new direction for the series!

D

Deleted member

I'd like to ask for trainer battles to be spoilered, especially
Ilima's since we were lead to believe during all the pre-release period that we weren't going to fight Trial Captains

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The only totem pokemon I've fought it Raticate and since Pikipek can learn the brick break tm you get in that trial I destroyed everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom