• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I am really jealous guys...

I want to play Moon so badly...
Same here, but not only did I forget that my Mom has work today, but I also didn't realize it'd take up so much space on my 3DS to the point I couldn't download it without deleting one of my favorite games.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Finally got my copy of Pokemon Sun from Gamestop! It came with two pins, but it looks like I won't be getting the Collector's Edition guide until Monday.

Alola, here I come!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The only totem pokemon I've fought it Raticate and since Pikipek can learn the brick break tm you get in that trial I destroyed everything.
I think Raticate tanked Brick Break and KO'd my Crabrawler.

D

Deleted member

The only totem pokemon I've fought it Raticate and since Pikipek can learn the brick break tm you get in that trial I destroyed everything.
You can also use the Crabrawler just outside the cavern entrance, my Pikipek could easily 2HKO Raticate so I'm pretty sure Crabrawler would have sent that thing into oblivion
I hope future Totem Pokemon aren't as exploitable as this

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You can also use the Crabrawler just outside the cavern entrance, my Pikipek could easily 2HKO Raticate so I'm pretty sure Crabrawler would have sent that thing into oblivion
They really aren't, or at least haven't been for me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I imagine totem Gumshoos isn't as easy.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
HAHAHAHAHAHA

As it turns out, sending out my own Wishiwashi that I caught at the first ripple and ended up accidentally grinding up to a level above the totem due to the second one walls the opposing Pokemon with Schooling. Send a maniac to faint a maniac, I guess.

It's impossible to catch anyway since you can't catch Pokemon in the trial areas until after you've completed the trial.
It wasn't actually in the trial area, and I was able to catch the other Pokemon triggered the exact same way without incident. I'm guessing they just coded it so that the one line would make sense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I imagine totem Gumshoos isn't as easy.
Yeah, probably, no exploitable 4x weakness, one ability that makes Bite terrifying and another that is basically a death sentence to anything switching in and a much higher Atk stat
The most challenging fights I got up until now were Magnemites(they resist everything I have and hit two of my Pokemon SE) and
****ing Ilima who almost sweeped my entire team

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
HAHAHA
A team skull grunt was just complaining about losing to a wild Pokemon.
Glad it's not just me being frustrated by them.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So it seems the first fight I had a problem with is giving other people issues too.

If that's the case, then it's possible the second fight that caught me off guard might be a problem for someone, too.
Ignore the summoned smaller Wishiwashi in the Wishiwashi totem fight, it's the lesser of two evils. Having your own 20+ level Wishiwashi and some healing items is perfect here if you happen to want it on your team.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I keep forgetting you have to beat all the trainers in an area to face some trainers.
I'd go back but I can't remember which ones I missed or where they were :/

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I've waited months to take this photo.
moon.PNG

It was really hard because the figure kept falling.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I 1 hit totem gumshoo with Grubbin bug bite

It crit

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Some impressions now that I've finally played the Sonic stuff in LEGO Dimensions for a few hours. Some cutscene spoilers discussed here:

Pros:
-Sonic feels really great to control. While not perfect, TT Games have really shown they understand how to build a 3D Sonic game. Sonic is snappy and responsive for the most part. He jumps higher than any other character seems to (even higher than Wyldstyle's double jump). And the fact they left the loops and level geometry in the Sonic Adventure World completely unscripted is (and I mean this with complete sincerity) revolutionary for 3D Sonic. There literally hasn't been a single official 3D Sonic game that has done that. They basically used the same concept from fan-games like Green Hill Paradise and Sonic Utopia, and were able to fully realise it because they have a budget. You can also take advantage of Sonic's physics in any other world and things can get crazy there.

-Aesthetically, it looks really nice. Very crisp and colourful, and many of the zones in question have never actually been realised in 3D or HD. Sonic himself also has a lot of nice animation touches. Instead of "breaking" when he loses all of his health, he does the classic animation from the Genesis games where he jumps into the foreground and off the screen. When other characters get launched from bounce objects and such, they flail about, but Sonic keeps his composure and does side flips because he's used to it. And when Sonic boards the Tornado, Tails drives it while he stands on the wings.

-The actual story mode level is really cool as well. It does a very good job of mixing fast paced Sonic gameplay with the slower paced, puzzle solving gameplay of LEGO games. The latter is generally saved for zones that were already slower paced in their original games, like Marble Zone and Labyrinth Zone. It also has Sonic 2 style Special Stages, and some fun boss fights.

-The content on offer here, surprisingly, is very comparable to an actual €40 game, making the price feel very justified. The Story Mode level alone took me 2 hours at the least, and I only found one secret in it (and it has a ton). It also has a load of alternate paths and what not. As for the Adventure World, it's very big and I haven't actually explored all of it yet, and I've only gotten about half of the stuff in it. I've played that part for at least 4-5 hours.

-Writing is amazing. So many references, some are obvious, but some are more obscure and hidden away. Highlights include Shadow pulling out a gun and Knuckles tossing it into a rift with a disapproving look (and takes off his big Knuckles glove to do so, using a regular LEGO hand hidden underneath), the entire Marble Zone section with Sonic getting progressively more annoyed with Omochao, Big referencing Sanic (yes, that Sanic), and Sonic's freakout moment when he realises he has to go to Labyrinth Zone for a Chaos Emerald.

Cons:
-The Story Mode level really wasn't built for the game's co-op functionality. Although there is split screen, that makes it very hard to see what's coming for anyone playing as Sonic.

-Both the Sonic level and Adventure World are not built for other characters at all. While they will automatically go faster during loops and such in the Story level, and while there a few little optional puzzles for them, general traversal is sort of relegated to Sonic only. My sister actually got stuck somewhere because a spring refused to launch Gandalf properly. This isn't a huge deal since if you're buying this pack, you're probably looking to play as Sonic anyway. But it's something to keep in mind.

-Sonic's Spin Dash works great, but rolling is weird. It actually functions more as a brake move or a more precise attack. It's not a big deal and not even inherently a bad thing, but as a long time Sonic fan, I always just have that urge to roll down slopes and gain some speed, but it never does that here.

-They unfortunately could not get the original music or a straight remix for any of the songs from the Classic games. They made original compositions that are meant to sound close to the original, but the difference is there, and it's a bit off putting, even though the compositions are fine on their own. Also, even some of the actual licensed music from the Sonic Adventure games isn't available in the jukebox. Some of it is used in weird places too. For example, "Let's Make It" from Sonic Adventure 2 is only used for a random race challenge in the Sonic Adventure World...but it's an underwater race, so not only is the music muffled out, but you also can't do it with Sonic...even though this song is an arrangement of Sonic's theme from SA2.

-There are some definite bugs here and there. Won't go into detail on each one I discovered. This one speaks for itself though.

Overall, I'm having a lot of fun with this. Legitimately a really good, standalone Sonic experience. And I'm not even near done with it yet. Plus, I still have all of the core LEGO Dimensions game to play, which I can now use Sonic in.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I got Pikanium Z, except I already evolved my Pikachu.

Chrono.

I'm cracking up at this panel from the Super manga.
It's supposed to be all dramatic because she needs CPR but Trunks has this smirk on his face like he knows he's about to get some.

Disgusting little man.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Bad news: I didn't think to prepare enough and the ball I wanted to use for a Pokemon I decided to look for failed to catch.

Good news: I caught the Pokemon with a different ball, found the Pokemon on the third try and second of it's species I encountered,

and it was a female Salandit.

D

Deleted member

CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix @Megalon72 I peep those Krizalid and Igniz avis. Nice
That's not Krizalid, that's the original Zero. :p

You're not the first to confuse that though, in this one portrait pack I thought for someone who made a Krizalid image set they, for some reason, had most of the images of Original Zero instead of Krizalid. Luckily there were two other sets of Krizalid images both with the trenchcoat and without it.

But yeah, thanks! ^^ I appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just defeated Olivia. She wasn't too hard.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Why?
Why does Youngster Joey have a Metapod?

Why can't Alolan Joey have an Alolan Rattata?
Can he not find the top percentage of Rattatas in Alola? This just isn't right...:urg:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I may not care for the Rabbids, but seeing the massive salt about the Rabbids Mario RPG gave me enough of a laugh for the night.

And it's apparently a Fire Emblem styled RPG. How the hell does that work?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So the player characters in Sun and Moon have their ages confirmed in game, alongside Hau.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alright, this is definitely worth sharing.

"Judge which one of my Marowak has changed their dance."

First round it was as you would expect from a minigame like that. "My Marowak was so impressed at your correct guess that it had to fight you"

Round 2:

"Judge which one of my Marowak has changed their dance"

PHOTOBOMBING HIKER

And then you scroll down and there's a fourth response where you point out the Hiker

And the response to that made it even better.

"My Hiker was so impressed at your correct guess that he had to fight you" I'm probably getting the wording wrong, but SAME response as the Marowak. KEK

And so you think, oh it'll go back to normal for the third round, then

Round 3:

"Judge which one of my Marowak has changed their dance"

PHOTOBOMBING SALAZZLE, ARMS SPREAD IN THE MOST RIDICULOUS WAY POSSIBLE LIKE IT'S HAVING THE TIME OF IT'S LIFE TROLLING A PHOTO SHOOT ON PURPOSE

And then EVERY possible response for that one calls the fact that it's back there out.

KEK KEK KEK

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
First real Moon update!

Azura I mean Popplio: Level 16
Grubbin: Level 14
Magnemite: Level 14
Gastly: Level 13
Pikipek: Level 13
Crabrawler: Level 12

Just beat the first trial. Had Crabrawler not been there the fight definitely would have been harder, but honestly probably not too difficult. Now, had Magnemite not been there? Different story. Thunder Wave and Quick Claw for days, especially when rats are around.
Also, three members of my planned final team are already here! ... And all three are females. Wut.
Also also, why are people finding Llima's fight hard? I find it really easy... then again I had Magnemite so...

:081:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My team is Brionne, Trumbeak, Mudbray, Alolan Grimer and Grubbin. Like with every new gen I am not using any old pokemon in my first run.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Got done soft resetting for Modest Greninja. Soft resetting for Munchlax now. Guess I'm going for Adamant because of Z-Happy Hour. I want to use this Munchlax specifically cause its in a Cherish Ball.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Good evening. I will be on here less this weekend due to thesis work, but before I once again take my leave.
I went to my first Melee tournamnet, my library's first local as well. Of 16 people, I got 8th, getting sent to losers by the guy who got 3rd in round 2. I then beat my little sister, and took her stocks with the knee, punch, and the dair spike all in one match (very satisfying).

I then went to Meijer. They have a large line of S&M in their electronics area. So I might go out on wednesday and get Moon.....if my mom doesn't coerce me to wait to get it at christmas (not happening. I've waited months already. I can wait a few days, not a few weeks).

Finally:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNtcP6EXm3s
Thought that would be appropriate for today.

D

Deleted member

Also, one thing to note is that Oricorio might be a Disc-One Nuke: 98 base Sp.Atk and 93 base Spe are nothing to overlook especially when most things aren't even outrunning it in the first place
Add to the great defensive type Pom Pom form has along with Air Vutter at Lv.13 and Hala is kill
The only thing that hurts its usability in Melemele Island is that it shows up considerably late in it(only after the first trial)

Chrono.

Amazon didn't reply to my email back... But they pushed back the shipping date to next Monday.

This kills the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom