• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I come back from being grounded (by JobCorps standards anyways!), and look what I find you two are arguing! First off, its Smash. Anything can happen. For god's sake, I was planning to give King K. Rool ****ing sumo moves for his basic attacks! Also, Ryota wasn't going to use his boat save for his final smash, the reason it hasn't been worked on along with other movesets is due to my commission pile needing to be written, also alongside stories such as 20 Angry Locomotives, Deadpool Kills the Disney Universe, and even the possibility of The Gravity By Pringles CHaracter Fact Files beginning completion! Anyways, things take time, and right now creating more movesets from scratch will not be happening for Universe until after Christmas. Things take time, and I'm currently trying to juggle Student of the Month here (Yes, Afro's made it to Student of the Month! Awesome, right?) In addition to that, there's rumors going around that I'm due to become the next Vocation Leader in the Floor Covering Trade, and I've only been here for four months! Anyways, I'm trying to begin the process of Ryota's moveset, which ditching the boat, and water based attacks, isn't quite feasabile now.... Also this arguing is kinda getting a bit much you two.... No offense to you both, but this is behavior I often see out of the teenage couples here on the center, and that's kinda not good (Afro's 19, let that sink for a bit!) Anyways, Afro's got some more story writing to do today, so adios! - Afro
You're right Afro, you are definitely right. Since you seen the things that can happen there, it's best not to set that example here. There are much worse cases in real life that lead to worse, like much much worse. Anyways, we are having a truce to make up for that nasty encounter earlier. Better than harboring that grudge forever.

Also, congratulations on your new positions in Job Corps, It's great to know that things have been getting better for you. Thanks for the wake up call.

Somehow I'm just going to regret coming back. I already know it's some... oh. That just makes it worse.

I already know, he told you to do this didn't he? But forget about that, I had something to say period.

This whole final year of college had been one emotional roller coaster for me. Whether it be losing someone that's high important to me to ending a couple friendships over something stupid like politics. I can say I've done some things I'm not proud of, this being one of them. But it's best to remove it from that list and not let it be something to deeply regret over years. Not right here.

Sometimes I trust my mind way more than my heart, which can lead it in a good direction or a bad direction. Some causing damage that's more permanent than any scar I've received from experience. A lot of things have been plaguing my mind lately about the future, some parts that even make me loss my sense of confidence to some factors. Seeing what I did only makes me follow into the footsteps of someone I would rather not me, someone who I've always feared wanting to become. So I'm just going let these problems go and solve them like any living being should instead of letting them haunt me forever. You can say that I've the equivalent of a tree being hollowed out by every bark eating insect larvae possible.

But he does have a point, it's a fatal mistake for something so small to ruin the two good years we had. Hell, I can already say that I'd rather not be a mirror image of what my family is now (broken and imbalanced). That monk had a point, I needed life team peace to remain lively and work smoothly to lower all everyday streets. Literally the nicest thing I can say about a Buddhist I barely knew. Just going to pour every ounce of my heart just to say this in the most sincere way possible

I can accept your apology, it is something that God would appreciate as his follower and child. And I am completely sorry for pride clouding my own judgment, a flaw that needs to be crushed instead of sticking with me forever. I've been blessed this good with someone as beautiful as you, not going to let it come to an end over a fight. Rather not follow in the footsteps of the relatives that already made similar mistakes in their lives. Do you yourself find it in your honest heart to forgive me for once I've commit well.

Strange how I had to say all of this with The Roost in the background. And apologies for the wall of text.
Had the feeling there were much deeper reasons for why you have been tense lately. So sorry that it's happening, but I think this is where you would have to find some ways of really coping with these things. Perhaps you can go visit the psychologist, that's always an option since I go there daily... until I've got recently kicked out for a mishap.

Yes, I accept it and glad that you did your part. And I had the feeling you was using a song to help boost your confidence for that statement (hence why it probably took far to long for you to reply). I thought you straight up ignored me just to go on with your night instead of putting up with me anymore. At least that fear was averted.

I apologize for all the Pokemon fans here who already have sour moods thanks to this. It will be taken to the PM the next time since it probably ruined your night. That's just in case before the tomatoes are thrown in our direction. Ay caramba...(Great, Bart Simpson has taken over me).

Chrono.

And this, dear, is why I never go to amazon for games
Gamestop is dead where I live so it's my only choice honestly.

It's also cheaper thanks to Prime.

Though, I did have a similar situation with Pokken (which got here on time), but that was a game with far less demand.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There are two gamestops where I live, literally back to back

And somehow they both survive

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I used to have two within a fairly short distance of each other, but one eventually croaked.

That mall that the closed one was in has been slowly going downhill in general, though.

The one that survived is within line of sight of a Wal-Mart that shares a parking lot and a back drive away from a Target and does just fine, though.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Gamestop is dead where I live so it's my only choice honestly.

It's also cheaper thanks to Prime.

Though, I did have a similar situation with Pokken (which got here on time), but that was a game with far less demand.
Fun story. Both me and my neighbor downstairs ordered Pokken on release day from Amazon.

We ended up opening up each other's copies instead of our own and having to exchange copies.

It was kind of cool though, because it was like making a new friend by accident.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I ended up getting to the point of usually not knowing what I was in the mood for and twiddling thumbs with most non-tech things long before I ever even so much as peeked at a forum or even heavily played games in my life.

Most of my backlog is RPGs or games I wasn't ready to tackle the difficulty of. . .and Sonic 06. . .and I haven't really found the mood strike me. Multiplayer games I do sometimes but am not in the mood for others. A lot of other games I treat as largely one-and-done, so I'm waiting for more like those. . .but the lack of games that catch my eye during the same two year slow period the Nintendo fandom got cynical probably hasn't helped.

And whenever I take a break from the internet, I end up worrying whatever one of the last things I said was might have been wrong.

Hoping the Switch both gives me a good supply of games that catch my interest and picks up the mood of the Nintendo fandom to some degree in one go. And find some other interesting things to do with my time, too.
I'm not really saying take a break. It's moreso balance your time out better so you can find motivation to play those other games. Take your mind off of what other people think, it's alright to be selfish at times and just calm yourself. If you're that worried about your last comment then just make a comment you shouldn't have to worry about like something where you can't really have said anything wrong.

Even doing nothing is preferable to reading constant negativity online but of course having something good to do is more preferable. I find just lying awake in bed is a good "not really doing anything" thing to do.

In regards to Nintendo fans I'd say that correlates with what I feel is a general dip in game quality since after Smash released. But that is just how I feel in regards to that. The quality should go back up as they promote and sell the Switch.

But it's nearly 4am for me so if you still want to chat about it then by all means shoot a PM my way.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the reason they can survive literally back to back is because you can't drive or walk between them directly.

There is a wall between them. You have to drive a much farther distance to get to the next one.

There is a really nice Mexican restaurant on the other side of the wall too

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Down the road from my home, there's a CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens literally in the same corner block. Rite Aid is facing Walgreens from across the street, and the CVS is tucked away in the back behind some other shops near the Walgreens. They're all still open.

I guess old people just love shopping at pharmacies? I don't know.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, I know who LTG is due to you guys ranting about him before. But who's DPS?

*Looks up*

Ooooooh, he's that one guy who was caught, ummm, doing things when he left is camera on... Which I only know about because of it becoming sort of a meme and one of my friends sharing it as a result. You know, whenever I see such weirdos in the competitive community it always reminds me that I can get a lot better especially over time since I'm currently hardly older than that 14 year old that everyone made a big deal out of.(Not that I plan on joining competitive or anything like that, I just like improving my skills for the fun and satisfaction of it.)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't even buy games at Lamestop anymore. I just buy those funko pop figures.

Anyways goodnight guys.

S/M hype!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Easy there, Donald Trump. :p
It is a nice place though. But also the only place I've been to that when I ordered a beef tamale they gave me ground beef instead of shredded. Which I didn't know they even made ground beef tamale

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I've been trying to think of ways to compensate for Talonflame's nerf and I think I have something. Well, for Doubles/VGC anyway.

Pair him up with Oranguru as the two leads, have him use Bulk Up. Oranguru uses Instruct.
Bam. Starts out with double its normal attack and defense. Throw in Roost, Brave Bird/Acrobatics, and Flare Blitz/U-Turn/Tailwind, depending on how you want to use it.

So yeah, basically the only tragedy is lack of priority Roost. You can still make Tied-For-Best-Bird work. :p

My mall has 2 gamestops in the same building

it's about a 30 second walk between them at max. From a certain location you cam probably see both.
both have terrible inventory other than a few miracles
:061:

D

Deleted member

I remember seeing a McDonald's and a Wendy's across the street from each other a long time ago.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh boy, we're talking about Gamestop? More like Shamestop am I right?
Do I get my likes now? I called Gamestop "Shamestop".

(Honestly really I've never quite gotten the bile against GameStop.
They're like Wal-Mart; It works for what it needs to do. I don't expect them to do more than what they have.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sorry if I'm being a pest, but congrats on being Student of the Month @Thatkidwiththeafro. Few people manage to get such a honor and it was one of the last years of high school where I became one myself. Doubt the same will happen in college, or if my college is remotely doing it at all. You are really doing some great work, and good luck with your current writing.

What you said in your last statement is good enough on the matter of today's incident. Only a true friend would step in and say that it's time to make up instead of becoming a bitter torn couple like the millions out there in this country. Thank you so much.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yes, it is. Seeing five seconds of a game and assuming you know the details of how it'll work is absolutely putting the horse before the cart. That's the reason everyone else is comparing it to 64 and Galaxy, not a single game in particular. It's not because we're saying they're the same thing. It's because what we do know, how Mario and the camera function, or what we've been told: the hub world, the multiple levels with multiple objectives, is similar to both. That's the exact reason it's being compared to both, because, despite your beliefs, we don't yet know enough to narrow it down further. I think it's fairly presumptuous to think otherwise.

But I'm not going to convince you, and that's fine. Without additional footage I'm not going to be convinced either. I guess we'll wait and see. Either way it's not a huge deal, 64 and Galaxy are both infinitely preferable to how linear SM3DW was imo.
And yet you specifically called it a 64 style game and have since backpedaled...

See, that's another thing I don't get. Galaxy was linear as hell. If anything Cat Mario was more open because there were often multiple paths to go down and find legitimate rewards. In Galaxy you'd maybe find a bonus room you've seen fifty times and come out the same pipe, or feed a Luma and perform a trivial task on a planet and come back and replay half the stage for the proper star.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's a Starbucks and a Tim Hortons on the same block not too far from me and only dirty traitors go to the Starbucks.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And yet you specifically called it a 64 style game and have since backpedaled...

See, that's another thing I don't get. Galaxy was linear as hell. If anything Cat Mario was more open because there were often multiple paths to go down and find legitimate rewards. In Galaxy you'd maybe find a bonus room you've seen fifty times and come out the same pipe, or feed a Luma and perform a trivial task on a planet and come back and replay half the stage for the proper star.
Dude.

You're arguing over semantics at this point.

Just drop it.

Chrono.

Not too far away from here there's a CVS and a Walgreens literally across the street from each other.

The CVS is like months old also while the Walgreens has been there for as long as I can remember.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
On a highway near me there's a McDonalds and Burger King facing each other.
I always like to think that the two restaurants have some kind of Godfather-esque Food War.

There's a Starbucks and a Tim Hortons on the same block not too far from me and only dirty traitors go to the Starbucks.
We used to have a Tim Horton's where I'm at. But it was shut out due to Dunkin Donuts.
Let it be known that what New England really wants is crappy coffee.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I remember seeing a McDonald's and a Wendy's across the street from each other a long time ago.
Doesn't beat seeing two gas stations literally across the street from each other...both have the same price and don't offer self service...

with yet another gas station just up the road...:rolleyes:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I'm going to echo Swampasaur here. Let it go. You both have your respective definitions and that's okay.

There is no reason to create a pointless semantics derail. You disagree, and it's no big deal.

N3ON N3ON : Likewise, do not continue this either. Although it seems clear you're not trying to, and I appreciate that.

If you both seriously want to hash it out, take it to PM's. You also can Ignore each other if you feel debating with each other isn't working out.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
In one shopping center here that has a grocery store, a Target, a KFC, a Barnes and Nobles, a Kohls, and an Old Navy?

There is a Starbucks in the grocery store, the Target, and the Barnes and Nobles. They really want people to be jacked up on overpriced coffee in this shopping center.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Over in town, fifteen minutes away, there's a homeless guy outside of the Wal-Mart.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but its true.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There's Ross, Marshalls and Burlington Coat Factory all in the same parking lot of each other in my neighborhood

It's gonna be hell in Earth come next week

But I'll be in Galveston during Thanksgiving where not a lot people are out on Black Friday and it's never a hassle (it's how I got my Xbox One and a Luigi amiibo for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom