• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
How depressing, so that's why Bleach's quality was suffering halfway through. Kubo was struggling with an illness that he couldn't get rid of. Yet he still had the willpower to keep drawing new chapters while he's sick. To add more feels, there was a sick boy that sent a letter to him about writing what he wants and never stop what he's doing. And this was a boy who's spent his remaining days reading manga in the hospital. At least those were the boy's last words before he died after reading nearly a ton of Bleach chapters. Same boy also happens to be one of the few people who know the ending to One Piece after he asked Oda personally before his death.

The mangaka industry can put a serious toll on your health. It's like a common problem for every one in Japan.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Apparently ****'s going down tomorrow/later today. Should be fun/terrifying/elating/infuriating/nothing at all.

This page is making me cringe hard. Stop it.
No.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Apparently ****'s going down tomorrow/later today. Should be fun/terrifying/elating/infuriating/nothing at all.

No.
Too bad. You made it end

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Starting Sun and SWEET MOTHER OF

OK Team Aether is blatantly evil right off the bat. Lillie smuggling Cosmog out of there like a boss.

. . .Also I hope I wasn't wrong about it just being 12 hours shifted. It's starting me out during the day.

. . .Naaaah. The trailer showed night in Sun and day in Moon. I probably just have to do a plot thing first. . .right?

*EDIT*
OK Kukui your song is giving me Sonic Adventure vibes. . .and then you abruptly cut over to giving. . .Johto vibes, maybe?

*EDIT EDIT*
LOL did the game just try to guilt trip me into keeping the hat? Also WOW this area music is good.

*EDIT EDIT EDIT*
NO, leave Cosmog alone you stupid Pidgey buzzards! Also music keeps getting better, NICE!

Had to stumble across a rickety bridge to rescue it. Kind of made you feel how rickety it was. Used myself as a meat shield to try to protect it from Pidgey.

COSMOG JUST BLEW UP THE BRIDGE TRYING TO SAVE US BOTH AND THEN TAPU KOKO RESCUED US BOTH WHILE WE WERE FALLING.

And now there's a choosing ceremony where the Pokemon has to choose me back. Cool!

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I just watched the first two episodes of the Sun and Moon anime....

...and I gotta say, I'm impressed. They were pretty good!

I'm surprised Team Skull appeared in the first episode, but they were handled pretty well. Even Ash's first battle was a very good one. He handled them like a boss; there was no resetting his skill. Yes, he did lose those "Alola surprises" against Sophocles, Lana, and Kiawe in the following episode, but the thing is, those "Alola surprises" were meant to give Ash a taste of what the Island Trials are like, and he doesn't know how these Island Trials play out, so of course he won't ace them on the first go.

And even the animation was good. Yes, Ash looks funny here and there, but there were some pretty awesome animated moments: namely Kiawe using his Z-move, that whole battle against Team Skull, and Ash learning the Electric-type Z-move from Tapu Koko.

Character wise, there isn't anyone I dislike. Lana is adorable, Kiawe is a badass, Mallow is pretty energetic (not to mention she gets a lot of interactions with Ash that it almost feels like Ash x Mallow will become a thing), Sophocles is fun and clever, Samson Oak is funny because he makes puns based on Pokemon names, Kukui is just like his game counterpart, and Lillie is just great overall.

It's worth mentioning that Ash first meet Lana while he was riding the Sharpedo (opening scene of episode 1), and it's a cute scene. I also liked the scene when he first meets Lillie, namely for the original series reference when he mentioned he caught a Tauros before (and Lillie doesn't even know he has 30 of them).

As for the Pokemon shown thus far, the Bewear scene was pretty gold, and so was the Alola Exeggutor scene. Tapu Koko was stalker-ish, but it gave Ash the Z-Ring and demonstrated what an awesome Pokemon it was. It's also worth mentioning that Tapu Koko only appears before trainers that it deems to be strong and worthy. Most of us give Ash some flack for losing the Leagues constantly, but the fact the Guardian Deity of Melemele Island appeared before Ash means that Tapu Koko knows how talented Ash is.

Also, was I the only one that noticed Yuki Kaiji voiced the Komala?

Going back to Kukui, it's thanks to him that Ash knows about the Island Trials, and Ash's face lit up hearing that. Something tells me we might be seeing Ash compete in them after all, and the school is looking to be a good place for him to learn that. I also find it funny even though Kukui is letting Ash live in his house, he doesn't remind Ash to be on time for class, hence why Ash always seems to be running to school. Still, seems like Kukui will be good to Ash. That scene when Ash and Pikachu played with his Rockruff was cute.

Though I wonder....

...if Professor Burnet will show up at some point in the anime. I mean, she is Kukui's wife after all.

Some other thoughts about the future of the anime in connection to Sun and Moon story spoilers:

Knowing that Team Skull is actually doing all the dirty work for the Aether Foundation, I wonder if we will see the Aether group sometime later on. I'm especially curious to see how would they approach the whole Lillie and Lusamine situation.

Also, if we're talking characters we want to see in the future, I'm seriously hoping Acerola, ghost loli/Ghost Trial Captain/member of the Alola Elite Four, will gain some big appearances later on. I'm already liking her a lot based on the footage I've seen of her.

In all, both first episodes of the Sun and Moon anime get a thumbs up from me. I definitely recommend watching it if you have some time.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I have my copy of Moon! As much as I'd love to play it right now, I really shouldn't, since I need some sleep. I'll be updating on my playthrough a bit though once I do start.

:094:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's 10:20 in Cali

I'm in the same time zone

Gonna leave in 1hour for midnight launch

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
How's @Dr. FalКoopa dealing with the currency crisis in India?
I'm hearing mixed reports: parts of the land have unrest, other parts have fortified in community and solidarity.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
What's going on in India?
Indian government trying to crack down on tax evaders / the prominent black market by banning 500 and 1000 rupee notes by saying they don't exist.
And if people want to get their cash to be in the system, they have to go turn it in (and their personal information) to the bureaucracy.
People, especially the poor and middle class, are being hurt because a government abuses their power over fiat bank notes. :(

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's going on in India?
From what I can see, and I'm really not completely sure

The government got rid of 86% of the currency in India

They have made all old 500 and 2000 bank notes completely worthless.

---

"People will be able to exchange their old notes for new ones at banks over the next 50 days but they will no longer be legal tender."

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So tonight was a good night for me. Not only did I get my copy of Pokemon Moon, after a hundreds of days searching, I finally found my first Fire Emblem Amiibo. My first one being a Robin Amiibo.
Anyway, onto Pokemon Moon now.
Edit: And how ironic it is to start begin Pokemon Moon with my Majora's Mask 3DS background.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Indian government trying to crack down on tax evaders / the prominent black market by banning 500 and 1000 rupee notes by saying they don't exist.
The government got rid of 86% of the currency in India

They have made all old 500 and 2000 bank notes completely worthless,
I understand the need to crack down on that stuff but...

They couldn't think of a better way?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I understand the need to crack down on that stuff but...

They couldn't think of a better way?
I guess they could've given a much bigger advanced notice.
Still, I think the Indian government's intentions are impure, so no matter what the effect it will have is bad. Black markets and the common mode of economic exchange being punished never end up pretty.
There's no need to crack down on it at all. Just greedy governments that want more of their people's stuff, and to keep better track of them by pushing them to cashlessness so they can... get more stuff in the future.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they kept the previous bank notes, along with the counterfeit notes they are fighting

While still printing new bank notes

Wouldn't that lower the value of their money?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Isn't this basically your thoughts on any government?
Intending to take people's stuff unjustly is always an impure intention.
But, no. It's my thought on any state taxation, as in the monopoly on the use of force over a geographic region that unjustly appropriates to itself its subjects and then uses that force to exact tribute.
There are other historical forms governance that don't function this way.
There are two ways to get things in life: promotion of society or plunder of the same. Serve one's fellow man or beat them and take their stuff.
-
"The law perverted! And the police powers of the state perverted along with it! The law, I say, not only turned from its proper purpose but made to follow an entirely contrary purpose! The law become the weapon of every kind of greed! Instead of checking crime, the law itself guilty of the evils it is supposed to punish!"
- Bastiat in The Law.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just got back from the midnight release, it was a lot of fun. They had one of the Pokémon movies playing, I got to talk to some fellow fans, and the Gamestop employees did a few activities to make the event more memorable.

Also, and just in time, I managed to finish my Pokémon White 2 playthrough before I got the game. I have some things to say about it, but I'll get to it later, Sun awaits!

This also kills the Rotom debate.

So Type: Null and Silvally are legendary.

Huh.
Oh yeah, I forgot about those Rotom debates, yeah that's now settled as well.

That surprised me as well, I mean it is a created Pokémon like Genesect and Mewtwo, but unlike them it wasn't really built up as much in the same regard (unless I'm missing some story details).

I guess that would explain some of the decisions behind it such as it not being able to breed.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just got back from the midnight release, it was a lot of fun. They had one of the Pokémon movies playing, I got to talk to some fellow fans, and the Gamestop employees did a few activities to make the event more memorable.

Also, and just in time, I managed to finish my Pokémon White 2 playthrough before I got the game. I have some things to say about it, but I'll get to it later, Sun awaits!

Oh yeah, I forgot about those Rotom debates, yeah that's now settled as well.

That surprised me as well, I mean it is a created Pokémon like Genesect and Mewtwo, but unlike them it wasn't really built up as much in the same regard (unless I'm missing some story details).

I guess that would explain some of the decisions behind it such as it not being able to breed.
It's pokemon entry states it was created to battle pokemon of legend

I figured it was going to be a legendary itself. A unique, one of a kind created pokemon

We also saw it couldn't breed in the leaks

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, that intro escalated quickly.

That being said, D'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!! That moment between the Trainer and the Starter Pokemon is all kinds of adorable. And Litten is an extra pound of adorable to go with the main course of adorable. :love:Embarrass

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to arrive at the midnight launch a little early

Just 20 more minutes until I leave for it!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm singing the two solos (director cut the third due to time constraints) in Biebel's Ave Maria for the DeKalb Festival Chorus on Saturday.
It's a bit scary, but... still a pleasure to sing.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'll probably get Moon around Christmas. I rarely get games around October or November, being so close to the holiday season.

Oh, btw, any SU fans here catch Gem Harvest tonight? I thought it was a pretty great episode. It isn't at all what I would've guessed it might be.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So I watched the first episode of Sun & Moon and after having not watched Pokemon since Diamond/Pearl, I'm really impressed with the everything about it. I remember looking at Pokemon as a cheaply animated children's anime/cartoon, but Sun & Moon completely does away with that. It's so fluid and colorful, I love it. There's tons of people who hate it, but I think it's the biggest thing the show needed to become interesting again.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

No.
I'm keeping my expectations low for now. Hoping that when I wake tomorrow morning my time it'll already be out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Being broke is so depressing.

I really miss making money at my old job.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
25 people ahead of me. They don't give the games out for 10 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom