• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I really doubt the switch Pokemon game is a mainline one.

People say it is supposedly being made by Gamefreak, but I've seen no claim of it.

I'm positive it's either another Pokemon Rumble or a new spinoff. Those make the most sense for the first year.
Has Gamefreak made any of the spin-offs ever? Like the Stadium games?

Soul.

People say it is supposedly being made by Gamefreak, but I've seen no claim of it.
the MCV report from earlier this year lol
Nintendo is putting together a triple-A software line-up, to ensure NX flies out of the gate next year.

Developer Game Freak will bring Pokémon to the platform, while Nintendo’s first party titles include the previously announced Zelda game – Breath of the Wild – and a new Mario game.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/pok-mon-mario-and-zelda-headline-nx-dream-line-up/0170678

just yesterday on Twitter, Emily Rogers talked about Pokémon on Switch and was referring to the MCV rumor.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Soop SuMo Episode 2.....good job on showing just how huge Alolan Memetor is.
Also Kiawe's Jotaro impression is pretty good. Top kek yare yare imo.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/pok-mon-mario-and-zelda-headline-nx-dream-line-up/0170678

just yesterday on Twitter, Emily Rogers talked about Pokémon on Switch and was referring to the MCV rumor.
Yeah, Pokemon interviews lately have been INCREDIBLY fishy, so I believe MCV on this one.

Also the datamine seems to have some empty placeholder regional Pokedex spots, so I'm pretty much convinced at this point that the flexibility between 3DS/Switch this game could have in where it's placed and the way the leakers have been talking about it means it's either a third version or a B2W2 type thing.

D

Deleted member

Does anybody knows when I can download the game? I pre-loaded it and it says that it already has been released, but I'm not able to download it yet.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Has Gamefreak made any of the spin-offs ever? Like the Stadium games?
Never, they leave it to other 2nd parties to do so.

Alright, even so, this has me 50/50.

Gamefreak owns the IP so it could just mean the ip owned by Gamefreak, not them specifically bringing it.

We'll see though. I don't see them themselves make anything just yet, but we'll in January probably.

Anyway Munchingorange uploaded his first episode of Sun and Moon and this part is one of the funniest things I've seen:

He made it a 90's sitcom lmao.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know what discussion should come to an end? The whole "Arceus lost to a meteor" debate that never ends.

It was obvious that scene happened because the plot demands it and Arceus is far from weak. It's like no one knows what Plot Induced Stupidity is.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So in other Pokemon news, we got DW artwork of the new Pokémon and Alolan forms, which is really nice for those who lack official artwork as of right now like Sadazzle and Golisopod.

Additionally, we can finally put the Phione debate to rest as it's considered a major legendary not unlike Genesect and Solgaleo in the data. Additionally, the Tapus and a few others are considered sub-legendaries, which means the Guardian Deity designation is more a group name then an unrelated subset.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I've been having a hard time getting hyped up for it, but that's more because I've just been really apathetic in general lately. Well, that and I'm just worn out from listening to the internet complain about everything nonstop for the past two years and Pokemon is never an exception to that kind of attitude.

I'm hoping actually getting it into my hands will help, because I've had brief flashes of hype from time to time even with my general apathy. I do feel slightly excited about picking it up now right on the eve.
It's important to never really take the internet's incessant droning to heart. The internet can and does complain about everything. If you feel it's too much I'd suggest taking a break and/or trying to find more positive outlets to help balance things.

At any rate, after examining newfound evidence lately I'm assuming the Switch will be getting the "third version" of this game before it gets anything new, so hopefully for your sake it's not the region turning you off too much.
I don't think it's so much the region turning me off as much as it's not doing anything for me in terms of drawing me in.

But I agree it's probably more likely the third version, or at least somehow newer version, gets the port.

I highly doubt it's that you've "outgrown" it no matter what happens. Liking or not liking something doesn't make you "grown up," it just means you feel like doing something different.
That's not really what I said. As you age your tastes change, and you just lose interest in some things. Gaming as a whole is this for me; I've gone from playing games daily to weekly to playing through three or four games a year, now down to probably one or two and mostly just gaming socially. And part of it is that I'm a lot more busy these days, but part is also a loss of interest. I'm sure there will be an uptick next year if all these rumoured Switch games arrive as claimed, but people losing interest in gaming with age is hardly an infrequent phenomena.

And this has been the largest gap between Pokemon games I've seen since I started following new releases prior to HGSS, so I don't really see this as too recent. It's more of a gap in time than Gen 5 was, and while the battle animations are mostly the same aside from some new idle animations the overworld is a larger jump than Gen 4-Gen 5, too. Heck, I feel like I remember Gen 4 recycling sprites from Gen 3 and Gen 5 recycling sprites from Gen 4, so that's not really new either.
Well time, although objective, still feels relative. That's why I said "for me". To me X/Y and OR/AS and S/M just sort of blend together. Part of that is the aesthetic. Part is probably that I played X/Y more than B/W.

Also it doesn't "feel" the shortest between gens for me, that'd probably be between Gens V and VI, though those differentiated themselves a lot more than these two do imo.

I mean, this is all opinions. I see where you're coming from, it's just different for me.

I'm positive it's either another Pokemon Rumble or a new spinoff. Those make the most sense for the first year.
Getting a spin-off close to launch wouldn't surprise me, but I believe receiving a GF made Pokemon within a year to 18 months of the Switch releasing is totally within the realm of possibility. I don't see it happening within the first six months though. I mean it's been reported from several places, and not to imply it should be taken as gospel, but Emily seems to be on a roll right now. Probably so much so that they finally sent the ninjas after her.

Anyway, I believe it. But if you don't, that's cool. There's sound reasons on both sides imo. We'll see.

Chrono.

So in other Pokemon news, we got DW artwork of the new Pokémon and Alolan forms, which is really nice for those who lack official artwork as of right now like Sadazzle and Golisopod.

Additionally, we can finally put the Phione debate to rest as it's considered a major legendary not unlike Genesect and Solgaleo in the data. Additionally, the Tapus and a few others are considered sub-legendaries, which means the Guardian Deity designation is more a group name then an unrelated subset.
This also kills the Rotom debate.

So Type: Null and Silvally are legendary.

Huh.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here we see the scum of the FGC trying to make an excuse about losing to a 14 year old and ragequitting.

Pathetic.

D

Deleted member

I spent most of today trying to search what was the font used in promotional material for Switch. Turns out it is FF Mark.

I also did some tinkering on Photoshop, and like I found out with my Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U logo files from 2014, it's the closest thing to the real logo. But of course, you'd have to heavily modify it first. The "S" in Switch doesn't seem to be the exact same as the one found in the logo, but it's close.

Last edited by a moderator:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Here we see the scum of the FGC trying to make an excuse about losing to a 14 year old and ragequitting.

Pathetic.
So, I didn't know what FGC was, so I decided to look it up, and the first thing that shows up is female genital cutting. What the ****?

The second was urban dictionary, and they had a more fitting meaning, thankfully.

Chrono.

Pathetic.
lol I just knew it'd be LowTierGod before I even clicked.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, I didn't know what FGC was, so I decided to look it up, and the first thing that shows up is female genital cutting. What the ****?
HOLY ****!

NO NOT THAT!

I meant "Fighting Game Community."

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Coricus Coricus
Sounds to me like you spend more time than you really should online if it's changing the way you feel about certain things.

Spend some time doing things that don't drag your general feelings down. A walk, play some games, read books or whatever else there is besides seeing anonymous people on the internet never be happy about anything.

Pathetic.
The amount of salt is damn near lethal, yeesh.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This whole time I've been trying to think of an FGC joke.
I can't. I'm sorry that I've shamed you all.

Still though, is there anyone out there who's worse than LTG?
There is DarkSydePhil. But honestly I'm still not sure if it's all not an act. It's happened before.

Chrono.

This whole time I've been trying to think of an FGC joke.
I can't. I'm sorry that I've shamed you all.

Still though, is there anyone out there who's worse than LTG?
There is DarkSydePhil. But honestly I'm still not sure if it's all not an act. It's happened before.
DSP did get caught whacking it on livestream but he did seem to be a good sport about the whole thing.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sigh. After talking with a close friend around here (some of you know who he is), I think it's best to really make up instead of letting one silly argument ruin our relationship. I can really thank him for really reminding me that things like this should never break us apart. Better than going to sleep with feelings of deep regret and unbridled rage for more than a day. While it was mostly your fault for getting too serious, I'm partially to blame for my fair share of deep cutting statements.

Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan I'm sorry for the things I've said earlier. Hopefully you share the same sentiment for what you did. Do you find it in your heart accept and commit?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There is DarkSydePhil.
DSP is also awful.

If there are two people you people should avoid...

DSP and LTG are both scum and idiots.

I can tolerate scum.
I can tolerate idiots.

But not both.

Ugh.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

The second was urban dictionary, and they had a more fitting meaning, thankfully.
Thanks for the laugh, I needed that
Does anybody knows when I can download the game? I pre-loaded it and it says that it already has been released, but I'm not able to download it yet.
Not untill 12am

It says that because it has passed, at 12am you get a small update and its playable then

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Someone's probably already pointed it out, but....

"Top Kek" and "Top Lel"

D

Deleted member

Pathetic.
"I didn't get bodied. He got lucky."

Sounds like the kind of salty hate mail I used to get from winning at fighting games online.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DSP hates Retsupurae but that's the only thing I know of him

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I still can't believe it. Pokemon is no longer airing on ANYTHING related to Warner Bros. anymore. Never thought I'd see the day. Then again, with the way CN's been treating Pokemon for the last 11 years, I can't say I'm THAT surprised....

From 1999 - (2007, Kids' WB!) -2016 (CN)

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Ohohohoho and R.O.B. doesn't look stupid and unrealistic when he flies around? That's rich coming from the so called Wii Fit prophet around these boards. I can't believe that we are on this subject, yet here I am to show you that a character can work (Oh don't mind if I use your stuff smashkirby smashkirby ).

For a game that's all about Wave Racing, they can be given the ability to fight with water. Before you say that doesn't make any sense, look at it this way. Falcon kicking and screaming with falcon-shaped fire attacks works in a way where it doesn't heavily detract from his character. Yes, the two are completely different entities but that's besides the point. They don't have to be on their vehicle all the time, it can be saved for a Final Smash and they actually put that athletic body to good use. This is the same man that's capable of making R.O.B., Wii Fit Trainer, and the damn dog you worship work as characters.

Thatkidwiththeafro Thatkidwiththeafro is also in the middle of making a moves for both a Wave racer and a 1080 Snowboarder. So that's another thing you can look forward to. I get that you never grew up with Wave Race and fail to see how one can work, but you can't ignore that Sakurai have done the impossible with some characters to prove that a Wave Racer is hard to make believable in Smash.

But I can't expect any less from Trash the Bear's No. 1 fanboy. :rolleyes:
How about no? We already have a water swordsman in the form of Greninja. :p

R.O.B. is canonized as a robot. It makes a hell lot more sense than someone literally motorboating on the solid ground with waves appearing out off nowhere.

And now, suddenly making a Wave Racer water benders don't make any sense either. They are just normal humans and Wii Fit Trainer still retains some human traits despite being exaggerated in Smash. At least Captain Falcon's moves were completely fitting for him while adding that to a Wave Racer would come off as desperate and unfitting. Even the Final Smash would just be "Blue Falcon 2.0".

Again stop comparing Wave Racer to Wii Fit and the others. They, especially Duck Hunt, at least have moves that fit their characters even if they weren't capable of doing that in their games (or real life in R.O.B.'s case). Yes, even Wild Gunmen and Hogan's Alley suits the Dog a lot despite being from different Zapper games. You're not doing any favors to help your case. Try making a moveset that's actually fitting or manageable for Wave Racer, maybe that would help change my mind. For now, I don't see a Wave Racer character being likely at all when the series had been dead for years (not counting this rumored Switch game).

Right back at ya, Higgs fangirl No One Remember's Me. :4duckhunt:

Irony. This is why we can't have the nice things.

Of course some adjustments had to be made. You think anyone would have wanted to play as a puny toy robot in Brawl? I sure wouldn't.

It still fits more than whatever ideas you have for Wave Racer...

Because that's way too unrealistic by Smash standards. You can't suddenly give normal humans water powers in addition to their equally unrealistic motorboat and call it a day. But what do I expect from the same person that wants Mini Kangaroo in Smash.

So? Psycho Villager was the best thing that ever happened to Smash. Who cares if it was out of character?

No, just no. The comparisons are a load of Youtube Poop. How else would Wii Fit Traiiner fight, stay within safe boundaries still watching yoga? Also, the 8-bit manifestations don't have a character. This the idea of Duck Hunt manipulating them makes sense. The Green Missile is completely in character with Luigi's silly cowardly nature, nothing wrong with that. Keep the strawmen coming.

Yes, that is true. But you have to give some characters a degree of realism and believability to work. Making a Wave Racer a water bending Captain Falcon wannabe doesn't quite cut it. And if the moveset you give me incorporate these outlandish ideas, I would only laugh harder. Just face it, a Wave Racer can't work as a fighter.

At least you aren't using that cringeworthy "Trash the Bear" name anymore.

And no, Brash stomps him hard.

I can admit that is a cute name.

Cool, more proof that Japanese commercials are better than Western ones.

K. Just going to end this debate once and for all by making you this moveset. Doubt Afro nor smashkirby will ever get around to finishing theirs.

And by the way, how does no more house visits sound for a change? Don't think you are getting off this easy. It's called tough love, sweetheart.
I come back from being grounded (by JobCorps standards anyways!), and look what I find you two are arguing! First off, its Smash. Anything can happen. For god's sake, I was planning to give King K. Rool ****ing sumo moves for his basic attacks! Also, Ryota wasn't going to use his boat save for his final smash, the reason it hasn't been worked on along with other movesets is due to my commission pile needing to be written, also alongside stories such as 20 Angry Locomotives, Deadpool Kills the Disney Universe, and even the possibility of The Gravity By Pringles CHaracter Fact Files beginning completion! Anyways, things take time, and right now creating more movesets from scratch will not be happening for Universe until after Christmas. Things take time, and I'm currently trying to juggle Student of the Month here (Yes, Afro's made it to Student of the Month! Awesome, right?) In addition to that, there's rumors going around that I'm due to become the next Vocation Leader in the Floor Covering Trade, and I've only been here for four months! Anyways, I'm trying to begin the process of Ryota's moveset, which ditching the boat, and water based attacks, isn't quite feasabile now.... Also this arguing is kinda getting a bit much you two.... No offense to you both, but this is behavior I often see out of the teenage couples here on the center, and that's kinda not good (Afro's 19, let that sink for a bit!) Anyways, Afro's got some more story writing to do today, so adios! - Afro

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
DSP hates Retsupurae but that's the only thing I know of him
Okay...

So my biggest problem with DSP is that he's REALLY dumb.

He isn't ignorant. He can't seem to use deductive reasoning or learn from his mistakes.

'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.'

This applies to DSP.

Try something once or twice? Yeah okay. Gotta experiment. Especially when you're trying something new. Trying the same thing that didn't work 10 times? Yeah, he should have learned by then. Not only that, but instead of taking responsibility for making the same mistake, he'll blame the game for being "Too hard" or "bugged" or "glitchy" or insult the developers.

I mean. This is a guy who played MGS2 and botched the mine part about 20 times in a row.

So I'll explain how that section works.

As Raiden you have to cross a part of the ship with mines. Right before you do so, your teammates will tell you that there are mines and remind you of a technique you've done to get past mines before.

Sounds simple right?

DSP ignored the advice and then complained the game was too hard when he couldn't do it. He even asked "How do I do this? How do they expect me to know what to do?"

I don't know how this man got this far in life and I don't say that lightly.

This is ignoring all of the general mean spirited, douchey and sketchy things he's done as well.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Pathetic.
Man that dude is back in the news again? Jeez.

You know, my man Mr. Biscuits said it best.
ltg.png

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Thanks to those who pointed out that I could actually still put a preorder down today. Just three more hours to go!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Coricus Coricus
Sounds to me like you spend more time than you really should online if it's changing the way you feel about certain things.

Spend some time doing things that don't drag your general feelings down. A walk, play some games, read books or whatever else there is besides seeing anonymous people on the internet never be happy about anything.

The amount of salt is damn near lethal, yeesh.

I ended up getting to the point of usually not knowing what I was in the mood for and twiddling thumbs with most non-tech things long before I ever even so much as peeked at a forum or even heavily played games in my life.

Most of my backlog is RPGs or games I wasn't ready to tackle the difficulty of. . .and Sonic 06. . .and I haven't really found the mood strike me. Multiplayer games I do sometimes but am not in the mood for others. A lot of other games I treat as largely one-and-done, so I'm waiting for more like those. . .but the lack of games that catch my eye during the same two year slow period the Nintendo fandom got cynical probably hasn't helped.

And whenever I take a break from the internet, I end up worrying whatever one of the last things I said was might have been wrong.

Hoping the Switch both gives me a good supply of games that catch my interest and picks up the mood of the Nintendo fandom to some degree in one go. And find some other interesting things to do with my time, too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Somehow I'm just going to regret coming back. I already know it's some... oh. That just makes it worse.

Sigh. After talking with a close friend around here (some of you know who he is), I think it's best to really make up instead of letting one silly argument ruin our relationship. I can really thank him for really reminding me that things like this should never break us apart. Better than going to sleep with feelings of deep regret and unbridled rage for more than a day. While it was mostly your fault for getting too serious, I'm partially to blame for my fair share of deep cutting statements.

Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan I'm sorry for the things I've said earlier. Hopefully you share the same sentiment for what you did. Do you find it in your heart accept and commit?
I already know, he told you to do this didn't he? But forget about that, I had something to say period.

This whole final year of college had been one emotional roller coaster for me. Whether it be losing someone that's high important to me to ending a couple friendships over something stupid like politics. I can say I've done some things I'm not proud of, this being one of them. But it's best to remove it from that list and not let it be something to deeply regret over years. Not right here.

Sometimes I trust my mind way more than my heart, which can lead it in a good direction or a bad direction. Some causing damage that's more permanent than any scar I've received from experience. A lot of things have been plaguing my mind lately about the future, some parts that even make me loss my sense of confidence to some factors. Seeing what I did only makes me follow into the footsteps of someone I would rather not me, someone who I've always feared wanting to become. So I'm just going let these problems go and solve them like any living being should instead of letting them haunt me forever. You can say that I've the equivalent of a tree being hollowed out by every bark eating insect larvae possible.

But he does have a point, it's a fatal mistake for something so small to ruin the two good years we had. Hell, I can already say that I'd rather not be a mirror image of what my family is now (broken and imbalanced). That monk had a point, I needed life team peace to remain lively and work smoothly to lower all everyday streets. Literally the nicest thing I can say about a Buddhist I barely knew. Just going to pour every ounce of my heart just to say this in the most sincere way possible

I can accept your apology, it is something that God would appreciate as his follower and child. And I am completely sorry for pride clouding my own judgment, a flaw that needs to be crushed instead of sticking with me forever. I've been blessed this good with someone as beautiful as you, not going to let it come to an end over a fight. Rather not follow in the footsteps of the relatives that already made similar mistakes in their lives. Do you yourself find it in your honest heart to forgive me for once I've commit well.

Strange how I had to say all of this with The Roost in the background. And apologies for the wall of text.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Vocation Leader
Educate me, What is this?
...Welp, that means I've been up for so long for no reason.
Guess I'll download it at school.

:104:
Well if it is preloaded, you are fine. Just when it his 12am, press the game and it will start an update to make tge game live

Hold on, where do you live again? what time is it for you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom