• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think I remember FalKoopa FalKoopa knowing a whole bunch of different languages.
It was honestly a combination of factors that you can't find in a Western country. Three languages (English, Hindi, Bengali) taught at school and a different one (Odia) spoken at home. And Sanskrit was an optional subject on top of that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Was talking to one of my IRL friends about the battle styles cause his internet is ****. He and I really love customization. Anyways, he asked me about what they looked like and sent him the picture with the male poses and my friend sent back a revelation: "Girlish? So does that mean I can be a trap in this game?"
_20161115_005733.JPG

This game just got better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was talking to one of my IRL friends about the battle styles cause his internet is ****. He and I really love customization. Anyways, he asked me about what they looked like and sent him the picture with the male poses and my friend sent back a revelation: "Girlish? So does that mean I can be a trap in this game?"
View attachment 121067
This game just got better.
IKR? That's the first thing I had in mind too. However, I don't think you can, if I remember correctly.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Likes almost remembered I had a doctor's appointment tomorrow

Can't forget that twice.

Good thing it wasn't for today. I would have missed it

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Now Im uncancelling my preorder because of this :4dk:

Good guy ESRB is a bro for not giving the games a E+10 rating.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have a theory.

Gen VII is has tried really hard to appeal to the people who played the Gen I games. And those people are all grown-ups now.

So the humour of the games has been changed to grow up with them. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Got my LEGO Dimensions at last! Time to break it out and download stuff T-T But hey at least it's early!
I recommend playing at least the first level in advance too so you can get through building the portal and the Batmobile.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
YO. WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME MARVEL'S ALREADY PLANNING SQUIRREL GIRL IN MCU WITH NEW HUMANS?
That's a kick in the face to me too. A lot of people want to see that as a movie. Like bad. Anna Kendrick would do absolutely amazing in the roll and they maybe, just maybe get Edgar Wright back in board the MCU train for the film. Scriptwriter or Director I couldn't give a ****, the man is a ****ing genius. Too bad were probably going to have a terrible teenager playing a cocky bombastic try-to-be-funny-all-the-time Squirrel Girl. She's not like that. She's funny cause she's quirky, she's weird. She doesn't burst out a ton of jokes like Iron Man or Spider-man. She's just weird. They won't do that though because it's planned to be a television "comedy". And those always turn out so great with the BEST acting *sarcasm*.

End rant. I get pretty fired up about Marvel stuff. It's a sickness. I dunno, maybe they'll do a 180 with Squirrel Girl. The opposite of what they did with The Inhumans.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's a kick in the face to me too. A lot of people want to see that as a movie. Like bad. Anna Kendrick would do absolutely amazing in the roll and they maybe, just maybe get Edgar Wright back in board the MCU train for the film. Scriptwriter or Director I couldn't give a ****, the man is a ****ing genius. Too bad were probably going to have a terrible teenager playing a cocky bombastic try-to-be-funny-all-the-time Squirrel Girl. She's not like that. She's funny cause she's quirky, she's weird. She doesn't burst out a ton of jokes like Iron Man or Spider-man. She's just weird. They won't do that though because it's planned to be a television "comedy". And those always turn out so great with the BEST acting *sarcasm*.

End rant. I get pretty fired up about Marvel stuff. It's a sickness. I dunno, maybe they'll do a 180 with Squirrel Girl. The opposite of what they did with The Inhumans.
Considering Marvel tends to know what fans like, I'm going to be optimistic for Squirrel Girl

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Inhumans work better as a tv show. That way they can actually cover the different characters instead of having an X-Men situation where loads of characters get shafted because of a very limited amount of time *coughCyclopscough*

It's also being shot in IMAX so they aren't exactly skimping out on it either.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I got a question: what is your guys' favorite Island Guardian (Tapu Legendary) of Pokémon Sun and Moon?

Mine is Tapu Lele. Easily the cutest of the bunch, but not just cute- its also an incredibly powerful Pokémon. As I've said before, I love it when Pokémon I like are also useful, and I'm so glad Tapu Lele is, because its ability us straight-A gold.

Psychic Surge + Psychic/Fairy + Scarf is one of the best Scarf synergies I've seen in a long time as well. Below I point out why.

Tapu Lele@Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 6 Def/252 Sp.Att/252 Speed
(EVs set until calcs are done.)
Moonblast/Psyshock (Psychic)/Focus Blast/Energy Ball (Shadow Ball, HP Fire)

Okay so first off, the synergy I mentioned briefly; Tapu Lele has two weaknesses needing addressing in particular for this: Ghost and Steel. Both have a priority attack: Bullet Punch and Shadow Sneak, both in which could revenge kill Tapu Lele... That is, unless Psychic Terrain is up. With PTerra, Tapu Lele is immune to priority attacks- meaning revenge-killing it is more difficult then normal. It auto places PTerra. You get the point.

The moveset covers a wide variety of targets. The first two moves are for useful STABs. Focus Blast basically tells Bisharp to go **** off (I would honestly gamble for HP Fighting for accuracy but the attack is too weak).

My choice between Shadow Ball vs Energy Ball came down to my instinctive fear of Quagsire, who has always **** on my teams in the past. Its mostly a personal preference. Ghost hits other Ghosts and Psychic users, while Grass hits Ground, Water, and Rock. The most intimidating Ghosts around are also weak to either Fairy or Psychic (Mega Sableye and Gengar). So its not like I'm missing much. It also gets Thunderbolt, so it can also hit birds if needed. HP Fire is also a good option so it doesn't get blocked by Scizor.
Soft resetting is gonna be a ***** for this one- considering I want to catch it in a Love Ball~

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So I got a question: what is your guys' favorite Island Guardian (Tapu Legendary) of Pokémon Sun and Moon?

Mine is Tapu Lele. Easily the cutest of the bunch, but not just cute- its also an incredibly powerful Pokémon. As I've said before, I love it when Pokémon I like are also useful, and I'm so glad Tapu Lele is, because its ability us straight-A gold.

Psychic Surge + Psychic/Fairy + Scarf is one of the best Scarf synergies I've seen in a long time as well. Below I point out why.

Tapu Lele@Choice Scarf

Okay so first off, the synergy I mentioned briefly; Tapu Lele has two weaknesses needing addressing in particular for this: Ghost and Steel. Both have a priority attack: Bullet Punch and Shadow Sneak, both in which could revenge kill Tapu Lele... That is, unless Psychic Terrain is up. With PTerra, Tapu Lele is immune to priority attacks- meaning revenge-killing it is more difficult then normal. It auto places PTerra. You get the point.

The moveset covers a wide variety of targets. The first two moves are for useful STABs. Focus Blast basically tells Bisharp to go **** off (I would honestly gamble for HP Fighting for accuracy but the attack is too weak).

My choice between Shadow Ball vs Energy Ball came down to my instinctive fear of Quagsire, who has always **** on my teams in the past. Its mostly a personal preference. Ghost hits other Ghosts and Psychic users, while Grass hits Ground, Water, and Rock. The most intimidating Ghosts around are also weak to either Fairy or Psychic (Mega Sableye and Gengar). So its not like I'm missing much. It also gets Thunderbolt, so it can also hit birds if needed. HP Fire is also a good option so it doesn't get blocked by Scizor.
Soft resetting is gonna be a ***** for this one- considering I want to catch it in a Love Ball~
Bulu's my favourite, cool design, cool ability, Can use Assault Vest, has good defensive stats and good offense, helps a LOT of potential teammates with Grassy Terrain, only thing it can't do is make One Sweet World ice cream

D

Deleted member

Tapu Lele@Choice Scarf

Tapu Fini. I haven't looked at their stats yet but Tapu Fini has the best design imo

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Inhumans work better as a tv show. That way they can actually cover the different characters instead of having an X-Men situation where loads of characters get shafted because of a very limited amount of time *coughCyclopscough*

It's also being shot in IMAX so they aren't exactly skimping out on it either.

See, I've always been someone who only thinks of the Inhumans title refering to the royal family. Not the race in general. They're the stars of the Inhumans after all, even if other characters are also Inhumans as well.

If you focus the property on them, then it's not as much of a character overload really.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Bethesda got hir by lots of Steam Refunds for Dishonoured 2 today
Fallout 4 wasn't exactly a technical marvel either and it did well.

Surely this one can't be much worse?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Any reason why? While there are some questionable elements in FO4, its still one of Bethesda's greatest titles.
In his experience, it was an absolute mess. He's okay with Fallout 3 being glitchy, but it just kept crashing after every autosave and when it didn't crash, he found the game rather repetitive
EDIT: SunMoon reviews are going up, lowest score is 8/10

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'll say what I've always said with Bethesda.
They're a group that's gone a long way making games held together by tape. Not even Duct Tape, but like Dollar Store Scotch Tape.

Of course, there are some exceptions, like Doom 2016 I heard was well polished.
But with their BIG things like TES and FallOut... "Paintbrush bridge to victory" is the least of stories.

Not that the games aren't good, I'm not meaning that. But honestly it kinda feels like they leave a chunk of bug testing and all that up to the modding community.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
But why do a proper testing when the community will buy it anyway?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
In his experience, it was an absolute mess. He's okay with Fallout 3 being glitchy, but it just kept crashing after every autosave and when it didn't crash, he found the game rather repetitive
Well. Its a Bethesda game. Handle with care.

As for it being repetitive, I can understand that, but only if you've beaten it once. Its part of why I stopped playing it actually. Yes, there's a whole world out there you can explore, but once you've beaten the game, including doing the side quests, odds are you don't want to go through that **** again because of how unappealing the land is (no mountains, ****ty dungeon systems, etc.). The factions aren't entirely different from each other and the conclusion is basically the same thing except a faction or two are killed off. Then there's my biggest gripe- that god damn settlement system which was cool until Beth kept trying to shove it up our asses until the end.

That's why I stopped playing it, anyways. I'm not calling it a bad game- its not- but the reality is playing the game again isn't as fun the second time around. FO4 is more for those who will want to stick with a particular character for awhile and enjoy the crafting system.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
From my years of experience talking to Bethesda fans (I know a lot IRL), they seem to actually enjoy all of the bugs and glitches. Was just talking to someone yesterday who said that.

I'm fairly certain they leave their games unpolished on purpose at this point.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
They're a group that's gone a long way making games held together by tape. Not even Duct Tape, but like Dollar Store Scotch Tape.

But with their BIG things like TES and FallOut... "Paintbrush bridge to victory" is the least of stories.

Not that the games aren't good, I'm not meaning that. But honestly it kinda feels like they leave a chunk of bug testing and all that up to the modding community.
Bethesda didn't really make DOOM or any of the new id software games, they just funded and published it.

Also btw Fallout 3 is a really awful game. Like, actually terrible. New Vegas shatters it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The surprise at Dishonored 2 being a buggy mess is because Bethesda didn't develop it, they published.

The expectation is for TES and Fallout to be full of bugs because those titles are developed by them. Not DOOM, Wolfenstein or Dishonored.

Chrono.

Doom wasn't developed by Bethesda, actually, just published.

EDIT: Ninja'd by slow internet

Last edited:

Soul.

Sun and Moon review embargo is over, so they are up already

88 on Metacritic
IGN: 9.0 (yes 9.0, the "too much water" meme is dead)
Eurogamer: Essential
GameXplain: Loved

Burruni

Smash Hero
Bethesda didn't really make DOOM or any of the new id software games, they just funded and published it.

Also btw Fallout 3 is a really awful game. Like, actually terrible. New Vegas shatters it.
Doom wasn't developed by Bethesda, actually, just published.

EDIT: Ninja'd by slow internet
Ok.
That just furthers my point.

Bethesda's one of the biggest western developpers and all that but god if their titles, especially at launch, aren't riddled with more bugs than Viridian Forest.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I think the style of game Bethesda makes just lends themselves to buggy releases. There's a ton of variables from objects on the screen, ai-routines, to quest scripting. A ton can go wrong with that much variables. They're incredibly hard to test.

I liked Fallout 3 (at the time since it was my first big open wolrd rpg) and still can enjoy New Vegas, but I'm kinda done with that Bethesda jank. It comes with the territory with their games of course. My personal tolerance ran out.

Bethesda is still the only people in town that do make your big Elder Scroll style rpgs though. There's nothing quite like those anywhere else. So as such, they'll probably continue to have success with those until someone can come up with a more polished Elder Scrolls experience.

Skyrim's Giant Space Program is still one of my favoritetbings in gaming.

Fallout 3 is also one of my favorite games ever. Except for the ****ty ending.
:061:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom